Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

A Typical dat at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My typical work day consist of communicating with management, weekly meeting, reviewing recruiting boards, reviewing applications, benefits issues, onboarding updates, updating the various projects that are currently participating on, my day to day answering questions via phone, email, or face to face, and coaching. I have learn that we are all different individuals with a common goal to help one another. I work in a workplace that is diverse and we really are like family. The hardest part of the job is before I know it it's time to go...that's how busy I love to be and the most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility and wiliness to serve our customers.
Pros
is getting to work with the various managers and HR's throughout the organization
Cons
don't have one at this time
Lively & Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAJune 30, 2018
I worked with an incredible team who assisted with anything you needed. Every day there was something new you didn't expect, but it was always a good lesson learned
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
you always bring work home with you.
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 28, 2018
I was a contractor there; good people and processes as far as I could tell.

People were professional and knowledgeable. There seemed to be some red tape at the higher corporate level that impacted the operating units.
Pros
Good people, good management
Cons
None come to mind
I was only a temp filling in for someone on maternity leave
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
I only work for Lehigh Hanson on a very short temporary basis, but i often looked for full time opportunities while i was there. Unfortunately, nothing ever came up.
Economy driven company
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
Very environmentally concerned company. Always making lsure they give to the earth what they take away. Very involved in different charities. Management has changed in the last few years which has taken away from the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Good Job
Bench Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 26, 2018
LeHigh Cement is a good job that pays well and has great benifits. Only problem I had over my 11 years working there was that it seems like most of the managers did not care about what thier workers were telling them. Your union co-workers are a lot of fun and make the job enjoyable for sure.
You don't want this job!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 22, 2018
This company does not care about the drivers nor how they will support their families. They hire you telling you one thing, and then do the complete opposite. The Managers and Salesmen are paid regardless of the weather or how many jobs they have. If a sales man does not sale any work for the drivers, then the drivers sit at home WITH NO PAY. This is not explained during the interview. You are promised 40+ hours. This company doers not care if your kids go hungry or if your power is off, they are getting paid regardless! I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family to support.
This job is not dependable or reliable if you have responsibilities that you have to take care of, such as bills, food, or children.
Pros
Good pay IF you get to work..IF!!!
Cons
No hours, no pay, company don't care about you nor your family.
n/a
Region West Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 17, 2018
Run reports for various items, answer phone calls and emails for vendors or internal employees about anything that was relevant to my position while working at Lehigh Hanson
Fun at times and extremely boring at times. Overall good job but under paid for the work expected
Working foreman (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, INApril 25, 2018
Anything can happen on any given day and it will happen. Rewarding at times and discouraging at times. Keeps it excited yet exhausting at times. Mobile equipment operation is very monotonous.
Great boss who doesn’t micro manage at all. I am not fairly compensated for the amount of responsibility as the working Foreman. Good work culture with fellow employees. Also extremely dangerous and takes a certain kind of person to concentrate and execute all work safely while being aware of surroundings. Also very dirty job.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC 27587April 16, 2018
It’s a great company to work for they pay good and give you good hours the management is decent. Some of their sites could use some better direction from management
drama workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bunnlevel, NCApril 15, 2018
management very superficial and dont know how to work together. Morals very low. very strick on workplace policies, management does not know how to communicate
benefits
Cons
poor management
Really good company to work for.
Train unloader (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 10, 2018
Working for hanson was great they area all about safety they maintain all their equipment they care about their employees and constantly check in on each site often
Pros
Full benifits
Cons
It’s a good place to work great group of guys.
Lead man heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Santee, San Diego, CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
The guys and the crew at Lehigh Hanson is like a family. Once you start you’re part of it. When I started there they immediately trained me on other areas that I wasn’t familiar with to make me more valauable.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, flexibility
Cons
You work a lot in the summer.
good place
training (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
good place to be great people a lot of work and a lot of hours are asked of you to put in to get things done. you must be a self starter and self learner. don't expect there to be much training for you. Growth depends on how eager and assertive you are.
Pros
a place where you can learn and grow - must be a self starter and self learner
Cons
long hours and expected to get done
HR Generalist
Area Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Responsible for all HR in the Midwest, met amazing people in my workforce
Very good experience in learning about the mining industry and their focus going forward.
Pros
people
Cons
management changes
old /new industry
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Lehigh offers a chance to grow in an old industry, yet still expanding.
Lehigh is on the cutting edge of this expansion with new innovations and technologies in the industry.
Heavy Industry in Silicon Valley
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Local management is generally very good, but the structure of the corporation has four differing management structures over the local management adding layers of complexity, demands, chaos, and at times incompetence. The location in Cupertino is filthy, probably unhealthy, and most certainly dangerous. This is not a typical SV office position.
Fast paced, demanding.
Lead Man/Backhoe operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Ridge, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Fast paced work environment, very demanding. quality training by experienced people is provided. safety is of the highest importance, weekly safety meetings and an emphasis on positive and professional work environment.
Don’t trust anyone
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 7, 2018
Mentor glorify having ability to have you fired. I email management a simple respectful message, it was forwarded to everyone. They fired me in a Week
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, multiple dot violations, weird hours, never know when you’ll start work or get off, two face mentors, no training program for people who’s new to the business, no sense of employees being valued, contracts come before employees, poor work to life ratio balance, slows down in winter.
Good Company
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Good company with great benefits and friendly staff. The company procides you with all the tools you need to do your job efficiently and effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight