Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
Stable company but a sweat shop
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
No life-work balace...worked 16 hour days and also weekends. No care for the employee although they talk a good game. Classic case of not walking the walk
productive work experience
Journeyman Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Poor management, no help from hr representative. I was racially disrespected and my car was vandalized onsite. There was no one caught with the cameras onsite.
Quickly going down hill
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. You were valued for your knowledge. It has turned into a place of disrespect and uncertainty. Management is no longer in charge.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Drama and disrespect
High stress position but the company pays well
Process control operator (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, PADecember 26, 2018
The co is a good place to work but the industry is slow in this area and looking at jobs that might be available in my area of work. Would like to stay in the cement industry but would entertain other options.
Pros
Pay is good also have many Union benefits
Cons
Rotating shift work means you miss some family functions
Do your job and go home, don't question management(they are managers they know EVERYTHING)
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXDecember 16, 2018
Some people are great others not so much, laziness is rewarded, snitch culture, people not performing their jobs in optimal fashion is just looked over and never addressed and rewarded, managers not interested in feedback from people performing the actual jobs, management is a culture of a "Alfa few" and "yes man" many. Repairs to equipment is slow, unsafe, and based on price of parts over safety of operator.
Pros
Compensation, benefits(somewhat ok benefits)
Cons
Management, poor moral, to many yes men managers, bullyed from management, safety is an after thought over profits, accidents due to over worked conditons
employee
Sr. Cash Accountant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2018
apply and post cash to sales tickets
bring in bank downloads
bank recons
hardest part of the job is to dealing with the outdated systems and platforms
Horrible Place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 4, 2018
Where do I start....they aren't happy with just an 8 hour shift they always want you to work more. The company isn't family oriented and it doesn't matter what you have going on they aren't accommodating. Management is absolutely ridiculous, they will keep piling work to you and will literally bad mouth you to other managers. You don't get much training at all they just expect you to know everything. The only good thing about that place is that the pay is fairly decent.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, No Job Security, Walking on eggshells
Unrealistic Expectations
Road Construction Roller Operator (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PANovember 18, 2018
Workers are expected to be on job sites at all times. Your job is threatened if your sick and can't make it in. No empathy for any of the employees by management. Too many jobs to do and very little time to get them done in. Jobs are obtained and scheduled without taking into consideration of the weather conditions. Working in extreme heat and cold conditions, without enough to keep hydrated or warm. High priced garbage health insurance benefits
Cons
Great place depending on department
Sr. Analyst, Strategy and Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2018
Its a great place to work as long as you avoid certain managers. Provided opportunities for growth. Somewhat of a glass ceiling for females. Still great company overall.
Pros
On site workout room
Cons
Male dominated industry
Great if you’re single
Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INSeptember 26, 2018
Was a great place to work until the work changed to cement, then we had the work load of two companies with very few workers and worn out equipment. Worked every Saturday whether we had stuff to do or not. Often came in and did nothing all day
Cons
VERY short breaks if any, Work every Saturday no matter what
Great place
Finance Processes & Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I learned a lot here and loved the people I worked with. It was cool getting to visit the plants and learn more about how the materials were made. I was very encouraged.
Good place to learn and grow in your profession
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 27, 2018
I learned a lot about my profession and how a large world wide company operates. How they think and spend capital dollars amazed me. Overall my opinion is neutral.
Pros
travel
Cons
sometime too much travel
Communication
Sr. AP Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2018
Not Organized, communication between departments is not very good. More emphasis put on numbers/quotas instead of the quality of the work. Management says they welcome suggestions but when the suggestions are given they say no were going to do it my way even if that way makes the job harder for the people actually performing the work.
Very poor management
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Sisquoc, CAJuly 30, 2018
The management was and still is an issue that is why they will always be trying to hire for hdr position the management number one doesn’t know how to run the plants and is just lame
A Typical dat at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My typical work day consist of communicating with management, weekly meeting, reviewing recruiting boards, reviewing applications, benefits issues, onboarding updates, updating the various projects that are currently participating on, my day to day answering questions via phone, email, or face to face, and coaching. I have learn that we are all different individuals with a common goal to help one another. I work in a workplace that is diverse and we really are like family. The hardest part of the job is before I know it it's time to go...that's how busy I love to be and the most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility and wiliness to serve our customers.
Pros
is getting to work with the various managers and HR's throughout the organization
Cons
don't have one at this time
Fast pace and good working environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall excellent company management could be better. Flexible hours and company provided benefits and perks. Very busy job with multiple task that keeps you busy.
Lively & Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAJune 30, 2018
I worked with an incredible team who assisted with anything you needed. Every day there was something new you didn't expect, but it was always a good lesson learned
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
you always bring work home with you.
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 28, 2018
I was a contractor there; good people and processes as far as I could tell.

People were professional and knowledgeable. There seemed to be some red tape at the higher corporate level that impacted the operating units.
Pros
Good people, good management
Cons
None come to mind
I was only a temp filling in for someone on maternity leave
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
I only work for Lehigh Hanson on a very short temporary basis, but i often looked for full time opportunities while i was there. Unfortunately, nothing ever came up.
Economy driven company
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
Very environmentally concerned company. Always making lsure they give to the earth what they take away. Very involved in different charities. Management has changed in the last few years which has taken away from the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight