Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Great if you’re single
Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INSeptember 26, 2018
Was a great place to work until the work changed to cement, then we had the work load of two companies with very few workers and worn out equipment. Worked every Saturday whether we had stuff to do or not. Often came in and did nothing all day
Cons
VERY short breaks if any, Work every Saturday no matter what
Great place
Finance Processes & Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I learned a lot here and loved the people I worked with. It was cool getting to visit the plants and learn more about how the materials were made. I was very encouraged.
Good place to learn and grow in your profession
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 27, 2018
I learned a lot about my profession and how a large world wide company operates. How they think and spend capital dollars amazed me. Overall my opinion is neutral.
Pros
travel
Cons
sometime too much travel
Communication
Sr. AP Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2018
Not Organized, communication between departments is not very good. More emphasis put on numbers/quotas instead of the quality of the work. Management says they welcome suggestions but when the suggestions are given they say no were going to do it my way even if that way makes the job harder for the people actually performing the work.
Very poor management
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Sisquoc, CAJuly 30, 2018
The management was and still is an issue that is why they will always be trying to hire for hdr position the management number one doesn’t know how to run the plants and is just lame
A Typical dat at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My typical work day consist of communicating with management, weekly meeting, reviewing recruiting boards, reviewing applications, benefits issues, onboarding updates, updating the various projects that are currently participating on, my day to day answering questions via phone, email, or face to face, and coaching. I have learn that we are all different individuals with a common goal to help one another. I work in a workplace that is diverse and we really are like family. The hardest part of the job is before I know it it's time to go...that's how busy I love to be and the most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility and wiliness to serve our customers.
Pros
is getting to work with the various managers and HR's throughout the organization
Cons
don't have one at this time
Fast pace and good working environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall excellent company management could be better. Flexible hours and company provided benefits and perks. Very busy job with multiple task that keeps you busy.
Lively & Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAJune 30, 2018
I worked with an incredible team who assisted with anything you needed. Every day there was something new you didn't expect, but it was always a good lesson learned
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
you always bring work home with you.
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 28, 2018
I was a contractor there; good people and processes as far as I could tell.

People were professional and knowledgeable. There seemed to be some red tape at the higher corporate level that impacted the operating units.
Pros
Good people, good management
Cons
None come to mind
I was only a temp filling in for someone on maternity leave
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
I only work for Lehigh Hanson on a very short temporary basis, but i often looked for full time opportunities while i was there. Unfortunately, nothing ever came up.
Economy driven company
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
Very environmentally concerned company. Always making lsure they give to the earth what they take away. Very involved in different charities. Management has changed in the last few years which has taken away from the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Good Job
Bench Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 26, 2018
LeHigh Cement is a good job that pays well and has great benifits. Only problem I had over my 11 years working there was that it seems like most of the managers did not care about what thier workers were telling them. Your union co-workers are a lot of fun and make the job enjoyable for sure.
You don't want this job!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 22, 2018
This company does not care about the drivers nor how they will support their families. They hire you telling you one thing, and then do the complete opposite. The Managers and Salesmen are paid regardless of the weather or how many jobs they have. If a sales man does not sale any work for the drivers, then the drivers sit at home WITH NO PAY. This is not explained during the interview. You are promised 40+ hours. This company doers not care if your kids go hungry or if your power is off, they are getting paid regardless! I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family to support.
This job is not dependable or reliable if you have responsibilities that you have to take care of, such as bills, food, or children.
Pros
Good pay IF you get to work..IF!!!
Cons
No hours, no pay, company don't care about you nor your family.
n/a
Region West Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 17, 2018
Run reports for various items, answer phone calls and emails for vendors or internal employees about anything that was relevant to my position while working at Lehigh Hanson
Fun at times and extremely boring at times. Overall good job but under paid for the work expected
Working foreman (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, INApril 25, 2018
Anything can happen on any given day and it will happen. Rewarding at times and discouraging at times. Keeps it excited yet exhausting at times. Mobile equipment operation is very monotonous.
Great boss who doesn’t micro manage at all. I am not fairly compensated for the amount of responsibility as the working Foreman. Good work culture with fellow employees. Also extremely dangerous and takes a certain kind of person to concentrate and execute all work safely while being aware of surroundings. Also very dirty job.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC 27587April 16, 2018
It’s a great company to work for they pay good and give you good hours the management is decent. Some of their sites could use some better direction from management
drama workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bunnlevel, NCApril 15, 2018
management very superficial and dont know how to work together. Morals very low. very strick on workplace policies, management does not know how to communicate
benefits
Cons
poor management
Really good company to work for.
Train unloader (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 10, 2018
Working for hanson was great they area all about safety they maintain all their equipment they care about their employees and constantly check in on each site often
Pros
Full benifits
Cons
It’s a good place to work great group of guys.
Lead man heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Santee, San Diego, CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
The guys and the crew at Lehigh Hanson is like a family. Once you start you’re part of it. When I started there they immediately trained me on other areas that I wasn’t familiar with to make me more valauable.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, flexibility
Cons
You work a lot in the summer.
good place
training (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
good place to be great people a lot of work and a lot of hours are asked of you to put in to get things done. you must be a self starter and self learner. don't expect there to be much training for you. Growth depends on how eager and assertive you are.
Pros
a place where you can learn and grow - must be a self starter and self learner
Cons
long hours and expected to get done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss