Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
It was a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 21, 2019
It was Ok when there was work to do. You don't work on rain days neither do you get paid for them I think that was the biggest thing with me when I was there
Tpyical Day
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 21, 2019
Attend morning meeting
receive assignments
gather tools and equipment
check vehicle or equipment with checklist
work on task that needs completion
write any hazards up to be turned in to manager
clean up work area
return tools and equipment
return checklists to boss
Management is terrible
Operator (Current Employee) –  Jordanville, NYMay 18, 2019
Management bullies the employees around, lies about everything. And hires family friends and treats them special while employees with many years of service get talked down to and treated unfair!
Pros
Cons
Two 15 minute breaks in a 10-to 12 hour shift
An OK place to work.
Asphalt Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAMay 17, 2019
I enjoyed making and maintaining the asphalt plant. They have some good people to work with. I've learned how to be a productive worker with little guidance.
Pros
401k plan and a healthcare plan.
Cons
Out of touch with there best workers in the asphalt field of work.
Good people, good culture, fulfilling work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2019
Each day is a new exciting challenge, no two days are ever the same. The work at Lehigh Hanson is fulfilling and rewarding as we provide solutions/guidance across the operations in a face paced organization.

Each person we come across in the local operations or within the corporate environment is welcoming and accommodating to make sure that we have the tools/information needed to complete a task successfully.

Generally management looks to provide the guidance needed to allow for growth within your current department or if interested in furthering your career in other departments with in the company.

The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. I'm excited each day to see what the new challenge will be as part of my current role.
I look forward to returning.
Plant Administrator-Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INMay 7, 2019
I enjoyed my 3 years at Lehigh. I resigned my position to move south but I do keep an eye on job openings in hopes of re-employment. There are many opportunities for advancements and involvement in the community. When I put my resignation in, the plant manager offered to help find a Lehigh plant in my new area.
Pros
Lots of community involvement, flexible, lots of paid time off, great benefits
Great place
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 25, 2019
Was very happy,But moved out of state where employer didnt have local work.lehigh hanson was the best company I ever worked for.Having military background I was welcomed with open arms and trained to do job with no experience at all.
Pros
Great pay, lots of work, advancement
Cons
Worked 6 days a week
Major disconnect between workers and management
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Altos Hills, CAApril 19, 2019
Working here involved a lot of stress and danger. Management sidestepped safety a lot. Profits(or run time) seemed to matter most. There was a workplace shooting while I worked there. A disgruntled employee killed 3 of our coworkers and shot 6 others. MSHA later decided that the employee was wrongfully suspended and had ordered the company to compensate him for his suspension....but the shooting happened first.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
The management is a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2019
The pay and hours were great but concrete was more important then your life or family had some family problems told them they fired me on a safety Violation so i couldnt be rehired the central divsion in alabama the management was a joke Especially The guy that hired and fored
Pros
Pay health
Cons
Poor management
Good Learning Environment
Employee Services Temporary (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2019
We rehired after taking time off to be a Stay-At-Home Mother. Remained in the Human Resources field but in an completely different department. I learned Pension Administration from the ground level and continued to build on my human resources skills.
Pros
Flexiblilty with work hours.
Cons
Managment has deteriorated over time.
Do NOT recommend
Work here (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMarch 20, 2019
Lehigh Hanson Cement has acquired Essroc Cement a couple years ago; the new management at Nazareth plant has been "cleaning house" (getting rid of the "Essroc team") ever since. One by one, mostly everyone who has been a good and loyal Essroc employee has been let go or forced to quit.
Current Management (who lacks understanding of American culture) is probably feeling insecure unless surrounded by a bunch of YES men.
Loyal, hardworking and capable people have been and are being let go or "set to fail" (work overload, stress, provoked, etc.). The truth is never welcomed and people who dare telling the truth are, sooner or later, "disappearing". Experience is being lost, people's morale is low and the trust in the current company is close to none.
It is SAD and DISHEARTENING to see what has been going on the last few years!
Do NOT recommend to take a job with this company!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of LOYALTY towards hard-working, dedicated people.
Great workers
PROCESS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAFebruary 26, 2019
Lehigh Hanson is a company dedicated to promoting from within. As being a newly hired employee is seems to be an old boy fraternity that is full of clicks.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Health care
Hurry up and wait
Production (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 19, 2019
Early start, late finish. Long days, only sundays off. Made good money for the area I'm located in, but you spent more time at work than you did with family.
Smh
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Lehigh needs help with their culture and morale. it's so boring! You dont have much to look forward to. The pay was okay i guess. They changed the cafe to some expensive healthy stuff too

I was let go because of a process they created and it ended up getting hacked. Instead of leadership taking the blame for their terrible processes (that i tried to have changed) they blamed it on me. One of the managers even asked me to work that issue and I'm the only one that lost my job. I was already on the verge of getting another role within the company. My department was terrible. Too cold and too quiet. Rude management except
Pros
a job, you get a check
Cons
boring, too much work
Lehigh Hanson takes care of their employees
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Lehigh Hanson provides for their employees. Lunches are provided during month end close. They also encourage a healthy lifestyle and promote taking time from the workday to exercise at the onsite facility.
Official response from Lehigh Hanson
February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your employment with Lehigh Hanson. Encouraging a healthy lifestyle for our employee's is something that is important to us. Keep up the good work and we are glad that you are a part of Lehigh Hanson.

Great pay but...
Second/third level support (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 30, 2019
The pay is good for the work but management does not support you and will dead end your career. If you aren't hired at the max position you want you'll never get it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment., Career growth
Stable company but a sweat shop
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
No life-work balace...worked 16 hour days and also weekends. No care for the employee although they talk a good game. Classic case of not walking the walk
productive work experience
Journeyman Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Poor management, no help from hr representative. I was racially disrespected and my car was vandalized onsite. There was no one caught with the cameras onsite.
Quickly going down hill
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. You were valued for your knowledge. It has turned into a place of disrespect and uncertainty. Management is no longer in charge.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Drama and disrespect
High stress position but the company pays well
Process control operator (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, PADecember 26, 2018
The co is a good place to work but the industry is slow in this area and looking at jobs that might be available in my area of work. Would like to stay in the cement industry but would entertain other options.
Pros
Pay is good also have many Union benefits
Cons
Rotating shift work means you miss some family functions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight