Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews in Irving, TX

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
Good people, good culture, fulfilling work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2019
Each day is a new exciting challenge, no two days are ever the same. The work at Lehigh Hanson is fulfilling and rewarding as we provide solutions/guidance across the operations in a face paced organization.

Each person we come across in the local operations or within the corporate environment is welcoming and accommodating to make sure that we have the tools/information needed to complete a task successfully.

Generally management looks to provide the guidance needed to allow for growth within your current department or if interested in furthering your career in other departments with in the company.

The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. I'm excited each day to see what the new challenge will be as part of my current role.
Good Learning Environment
Employee Services Temporary (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2019
We rehired after taking time off to be a Stay-At-Home Mother. Remained in the Human Resources field but in an completely different department. I learned Pension Administration from the ground level and continued to build on my human resources skills.
Pros
Flexiblilty with work hours.
Cons
Managment has deteriorated over time.
Smh
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Lehigh needs help with their culture and morale. it's so boring! You dont have much to look forward to. The pay was okay i guess. They changed the cafe to some expensive healthy stuff too

I was let go because of a process they created and it ended up getting hacked. Instead of leadership taking the blame for their terrible processes (that i tried to have changed) they blamed it on me. One of the managers even asked me to work that issue and I'm the only one that lost my job. I was already on the verge of getting another role within the company. My department was terrible. Too cold and too quiet. Rude management except
Pros
a job, you get a check
Cons
boring, too much work
Lehigh Hanson takes care of their employees
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Lehigh Hanson provides for their employees. Lunches are provided during month end close. They also encourage a healthy lifestyle and promote taking time from the workday to exercise at the onsite facility.
Official response from Lehigh Hanson
February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your employment with Lehigh Hanson. Encouraging a healthy lifestyle for our employee's is something that is important to us. Keep up the good work and we are glad that you are a part of Lehigh Hanson.

Stable company but a sweat shop
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
No life-work balace...worked 16 hour days and also weekends. No care for the employee although they talk a good game. Classic case of not walking the walk
Quickly going down hill
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. You were valued for your knowledge. It has turned into a place of disrespect and uncertainty. Management is no longer in charge.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Drama and disrespect
employee
Sr. Cash Accountant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2018
apply and post cash to sales tickets
bring in bank downloads
bank recons
hardest part of the job is to dealing with the outdated systems and platforms
Great place depending on department
Sr. Analyst, Strategy and Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2018
Its a great place to work as long as you avoid certain managers. Provided opportunities for growth. Somewhat of a glass ceiling for females. Still great company overall.
Pros
On site workout room
Cons
Male dominated industry
Great place
Finance Processes & Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I learned a lot here and loved the people I worked with. It was cool getting to visit the plants and learn more about how the materials were made. I was very encouraged.
Communication
Sr. AP Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2018
Not Organized, communication between departments is not very good. More emphasis put on numbers/quotas instead of the quality of the work. Management says they welcome suggestions but when the suggestions are given they say no were going to do it my way even if that way makes the job harder for the people actually performing the work.
A Typical dat at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My typical work day consist of communicating with management, weekly meeting, reviewing recruiting boards, reviewing applications, benefits issues, onboarding updates, updating the various projects that are currently participating on, my day to day answering questions via phone, email, or face to face, and coaching. I have learn that we are all different individuals with a common goal to help one another. I work in a workplace that is diverse and we really are like family. The hardest part of the job is before I know it it's time to go...that's how busy I love to be and the most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility and wiliness to serve our customers.
Pros
is getting to work with the various managers and HR's throughout the organization
Cons
don't have one at this time
Fast pace and good working environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall excellent company management could be better. Flexible hours and company provided benefits and perks. Very busy job with multiple task that keeps you busy.
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 28, 2018
I was a contractor there; good people and processes as far as I could tell.

People were professional and knowledgeable. There seemed to be some red tape at the higher corporate level that impacted the operating units.
Pros
Good people, good management
Cons
None come to mind
I was only a temp filling in for someone on maternity leave
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
I only work for Lehigh Hanson on a very short temporary basis, but i often looked for full time opportunities while i was there. Unfortunately, nothing ever came up.
Economy driven company
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
Very environmentally concerned company. Always making lsure they give to the earth what they take away. Very involved in different charities. Management has changed in the last few years which has taken away from the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
good place
training (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
good place to be great people a lot of work and a lot of hours are asked of you to put in to get things done. you must be a self starter and self learner. don't expect there to be much training for you. Growth depends on how eager and assertive you are.
Pros
a place where you can learn and grow - must be a self starter and self learner
Cons
long hours and expected to get done
Good Company
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Good company with great benefits and friendly staff. The company procides you with all the tools you need to do your job efficiently and effectively.
Too many contractors and its a sweat shop.
IT Help Desk Technician L2 Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Manager over IT Helpdesk runs his operation like a military boot camp. Theyre more concerned about their call center metrics than giving good quality service.
Good Pay, Sucky Management, No Room to Grow
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2017
Management is horrible, unless you are constantly in their office brown nosing and/or buying them stuff. You can be the best, BUT never get a promotion. Your compensation for doing a good job is to get more work! Once you bring issues to your superiors or even HR they start looking for reasons to get rid of you. Sadly this department has had such a high turn over rate (30+ temps in a matter of months) all because the 2 trainers dont like you. They will make up stuff and even with no proof get rid of you. Issues taken to HR in regards to racist comments and the one male trainer being condescending to women, will get you fired. No work life balance either, working MANDATORY 58 hrs a week in a horrible environment will wear you down physically and mentally......AND dont think about taking a break, because that is frowned upon, but smoking 10 times a day is OK. Sadly, not the company I started with a few years back......
Pros
Pay- nothing else
Cons
No Breaks, work you to death, hostile work environment, no promotion
Great!
IT/SAP Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 22, 2017
Balanced work/life. Helpful employees around. Worked part time but learned a lot within the company. Good exposure to business and how it grows. Would recommend to a friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight