Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews for Accounts Payable Clerk

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
Quickly going down hill
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. You were valued for your knowledge. It has turned into a place of disrespect and uncertainty. Management is no longer in charge.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Drama and disrespect
Economy driven company
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
Very environmentally concerned company. Always making lsure they give to the earth what they take away. Very involved in different charities. Management has changed in the last few years which has taken away from the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Good Pay, Sucky Management, No Room to Grow
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2017
Management is horrible, unless you are constantly in their office brown nosing and/or buying them stuff. You can be the best, BUT never get a promotion. Your compensation for doing a good job is to get more work! Once you bring issues to your superiors or even HR they start looking for reasons to get rid of you. Sadly this department has had such a high turn over rate (30+ temps in a matter of months) all because the 2 trainers dont like you. They will make up stuff and even with no proof get rid of you. Issues taken to HR in regards to racist comments and the one male trainer being condescending to women, will get you fired. No work life balance either, working MANDATORY 58 hrs a week in a horrible environment will wear you down physically and mentally......AND dont think about taking a break, because that is frowned upon, but smoking 10 times a day is OK. Sadly, not the company I started with a few years back......
Pros
Pay- nothing else
Cons
No Breaks, work you to death, hostile work environment, no promotion
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company, pay weekly. Nice environment..friendly co-workers. Pretty good benefits and processes are up to date. I like the company overall. My department micro-managed so that was a negative
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It provided very helpful seminars to increase professional and technology skills. Miss working here.
Accounts Payable Data Entry I Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2013
Given the choice to choose your work hours. Allowed to work independently with moderate supervision. Great team work with the eagerness to assist anyone who required help with their days work/agenda. Held morning (brief) team meetings to keep personnel current on company events, new computer features, any personnel changes or just to get better acquainted with your co-workers.
Pros
Provided paid lunches at month-end closes, freedom to express your company concerns/issues.
Cons
After acquisition by another international company, transition did not go as smoothly as anticipated. Communication regarding new policies & procedures, employee expectations were lacking.
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 3, 2013
I do Accounts Payable for this company and I have great co workers! Awesome teamwork!
There is room for improvement and advancement as long as the skills and education are obtained.
Hardest part of the job is processing invoices and being error -Free-. Management pushes for perfection if do-Able but understands we are human and there is human error. The most enjoyable part of my job is time goes by quick! We are always busy!
Pros
Company Gatherings, Fully stocked fridge with all-You can have SODA, popcorn, soup, Starbucks Coffee
Cons
None that I know of SO FAR.
Nice Place To Work
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 30, 2012
• Manage the accurate and timely processing of US and Canadian invoices with purchase orders from the Building Products area.
• Process a weekly average of 850 invoices, using 3 way matching.
• Analyze and identify discrepancies and variances to determine course of action within the Oracle Financial System.
• Work with Co-Workers at various plant locations to resolve discrepancies in a timely matter.
• Handle vendor and internal inquires via email and telephone.
• Report daily invoice count to management.
Pros
nice building to work at.
Cons
lots of overtime.