Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews for Driver

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
The management is a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2019
The pay and hours were great but concrete was more important then your life or family had some family problems told them they fired me on a safety Violation so i couldnt be rehired the central divsion in alabama the management was a joke Especially The guy that hired and fored
Pros
Pay health
Cons
Poor management
You don't want this job!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 22, 2018
This company does not care about the drivers nor how they will support their families. They hire you telling you one thing, and then do the complete opposite. The Managers and Salesmen are paid regardless of the weather or how many jobs they have. If a sales man does not sale any work for the drivers, then the drivers sit at home WITH NO PAY. This is not explained during the interview. You are promised 40+ hours. This company doers not care if your kids go hungry or if your power is off, they are getting paid regardless! I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family to support.
This job is not dependable or reliable if you have responsibilities that you have to take care of, such as bills, food, or children.
Pros
Good pay IF you get to work..IF!!!
Cons
No hours, no pay, company don't care about you nor your family.
This place use to be a good place to work for !
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop CaliforniaApril 7, 2017
Management is a waste, no communication, poor equipment, no advancement, no loyalty to the employees it's hard to get any work hours without getting suspended, the harder you work, the more loyal you are, the less you are appreciated.
The best time of the day is when your day is over to leave that rat hole place.
The hardest part was to listen to dispatchers that didn't know what they was doing.
The workplace has filthy restrooms, lunchroom Workshop, yard.
I know they lost a good employee, and they're still trying to find someone to replace me that is so sad, because I was a hard working loyal employee.
This company is not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Watching my community grow.
Cons
Not getting paid for not taking a lunch, they should get penalized for that
Great company
Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2016
I worked as a mixer driver for a few years with lehigh hanson and as I look back it was the best experience I have had in any position before or since. Good pay,
Good equipment, good people, Challenging yet fun work atmosphere. If they operated where I live now I would go back to work for this company in a heartbeat!
Pros
Good money
Cons
good when its good horrible when it bad
Cement Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 25, 2016
no leadership higher ups find it easy to shuttle the bull instead of talking truth and or facts. sad......................................................
Pros
fun to do
Cons
pore communication and no security