Lehigh Hanson Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Lehigh Hanson selected this as a representative review
Great place to work. It pays great and has good benefits as i heard. I only worked part time but would definitley work there full time if i was hired.
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PADecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is completing a list of things to do our labor boss gave us. I learned that hard work really does pay off and that it feels great working for a good salary. The workplace is very fast paced but is also relaxed as long as you are productive through out the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat at certain parts of the plant but is not that bad as long as you stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay, 2 breaks, benefits, union
An OK place to work.
Asphalt Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAMay 17, 2019
I enjoyed making and maintaining the asphalt plant. They have some good people to work with. I've learned how to be a productive worker with little guidance.
Pros
401k plan and a healthcare plan.
Cons
Out of touch with there best workers in the asphalt field of work.
Good people, good culture, fulfilling work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2019
Each day is a new exciting challenge, no two days are ever the same. The work at Lehigh Hanson is fulfilling and rewarding as we provide solutions/guidance across the operations in a face paced organization.

Each person we come across in the local operations or within the corporate environment is welcoming and accommodating to make sure that we have the tools/information needed to complete a task successfully.

Generally management looks to provide the guidance needed to allow for growth within your current department or if interested in furthering your career in other departments with in the company.

The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. I'm excited each day to see what the new challenge will be as part of my current role.
I look forward to returning.
Plant Administrator-Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INMay 7, 2019
I enjoyed my 3 years at Lehigh. I resigned my position to move south but I do keep an eye on job openings in hopes of re-employment. There are many opportunities for advancements and involvement in the community. When I put my resignation in, the plant manager offered to help find a Lehigh plant in my new area.
Pros
Lots of community involvement, flexible, lots of paid time off, great benefits
Major disconnect between workers and management
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Altos Hills, CAApril 19, 2019
Working here involved a lot of stress and danger. Management sidestepped safety a lot. Profits(or run time) seemed to matter most. There was a workplace shooting while I worked there. A disgruntled employee killed 3 of our coworkers and shot 6 others. MSHA later decided that the employee was wrongfully suspended and had ordered the company to compensate him for his suspension....but the shooting happened first.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
Do NOT recommend
Work here (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMarch 20, 2019
Lehigh Hanson Cement has acquired Essroc Cement a couple years ago; the new management at Nazareth plant has been "cleaning house" (getting rid of the "Essroc team") ever since. One by one, mostly everyone who has been a good and loyal Essroc employee has been let go or forced to quit.
Current Management (who lacks understanding of American culture) is probably feeling insecure unless surrounded by a bunch of YES men.
Loyal, hardworking and capable people have been and are being let go or "set to fail" (work overload, stress, provoked, etc.). The truth is never welcomed and people who dare telling the truth are, sooner or later, "disappearing". Experience is being lost, people's morale is low and the trust in the current company is close to none.
It is SAD and DISHEARTENING to see what has been going on the last few years!
Do NOT recommend to take a job with this company!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of LOYALTY towards hard-working, dedicated people.
Great pay but...
Second/third level support (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 30, 2019
The pay is good for the work but management does not support you and will dead end your career. If you aren't hired at the max position you want you'll never get it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment., Career growth
Quickly going down hill
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. You were valued for your knowledge. It has turned into a place of disrespect and uncertainty. Management is no longer in charge.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Drama and disrespect
High stress position but the company pays well
Process control operator (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, PADecember 26, 2018
The co is a good place to work but the industry is slow in this area and looking at jobs that might be available in my area of work. Would like to stay in the cement industry but would entertain other options.
Pros
Pay is good also have many Union benefits
Cons
Rotating shift work means you miss some family functions
Do your job and go home, don't question management(they are managers they know EVERYTHING)
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXDecember 16, 2018
Some people are great others not so much, laziness is rewarded, snitch culture, people not performing their jobs in optimal fashion is just looked over and never addressed and rewarded, managers not interested in feedback from people performing the actual jobs, management is a culture of a "Alfa few" and "yes man" many. Repairs to equipment is slow, unsafe, and based on price of parts over safety of operator.
Pros
Compensation, benefits(somewhat ok benefits)
Cons
Management, poor moral, to many yes men managers, bullyed from management, safety is an after thought over profits, accidents due to over worked conditons
Unrealistic Expectations
Road Construction Roller Operator (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PANovember 18, 2018
Workers are expected to be on job sites at all times. Your job is threatened if your sick and can't make it in. No empathy for any of the employees by management. Too many jobs to do and very little time to get them done in. Jobs are obtained and scheduled without taking into consideration of the weather conditions. Working in extreme heat and cold conditions, without enough to keep hydrated or warm. High priced garbage health insurance benefits
A Typical dat at work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My typical work day consist of communicating with management, weekly meeting, reviewing recruiting boards, reviewing applications, benefits issues, onboarding updates, updating the various projects that are currently participating on, my day to day answering questions via phone, email, or face to face, and coaching. I have learn that we are all different individuals with a common goal to help one another. I work in a workplace that is diverse and we really are like family. The hardest part of the job is before I know it it's time to go...that's how busy I love to be and the most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility and wiliness to serve our customers.
Pros
is getting to work with the various managers and HR's throughout the organization
Cons
don't have one at this time
Fast pace and good working environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Overall excellent company management could be better. Flexible hours and company provided benefits and perks. Very busy job with multiple task that keeps you busy.
Good Job
Bench Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 26, 2018
LeHigh Cement is a good job that pays well and has great benifits. Only problem I had over my 11 years working there was that it seems like most of the managers did not care about what thier workers were telling them. Your union co-workers are a lot of fun and make the job enjoyable for sure.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC 27587April 16, 2018
It’s a great company to work for they pay good and give you good hours the management is decent. Some of their sites could use some better direction from management
drama workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bunnlevel, NCApril 15, 2018
management very superficial and dont know how to work together. Morals very low. very strick on workplace policies, management does not know how to communicate
benefits
Cons
poor management
Really good company to work for.
Train unloader (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 10, 2018
Working for hanson was great they area all about safety they maintain all their equipment they care about their employees and constantly check in on each site often
Pros
Full benifits
Cons
It’s a good place to work great group of guys.
Lead man heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Santee, San Diego, CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
The guys and the crew at Lehigh Hanson is like a family. Once you start you’re part of it. When I started there they immediately trained me on other areas that I wasn’t familiar with to make me more valauable.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, flexibility
Cons
You work a lot in the summer.
Good Company
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Good company with great benefits and friendly staff. The company procides you with all the tools you need to do your job efficiently and effectively.
LehighHanson,s work culture
Heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 23, 2018
Lehigh/Hanson is a good place to enjoy a competitive work environment while still recieving the joyful work place culture one would expect from one of the largest producers of Aggregates on the planet.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Saturday hours
If you are not afraid to work hard, this is the job for you.
laboror (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 1, 2018
hours are not set in stone. Figure you are working an 8 hour day, and at the last minute the boss will have you stay another 3-4 hours. Or, tell you at the last minute that you will have to work Saturday.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
long (unexpected) hours, big turnover of workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss