Lehigh University Employee Reviews

Lehigh is a nice place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 1, 2018
Lehigh University is where I had completed my PhD. I enjoyed the time I had spent working there as a research assistant. The work was quite difficult but rewarding. The professors are great.
Great place if you are a researcher
Professor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 15, 2018
Lots of freedom for research, and the students are great. However, funding for teaching is very poor. They want to be an R1 school, so education is not important. Class sizes are too large with little support.
Pros
Students
Cons
Students
I worked in Lehigh's SBDC
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 3, 2018
Lehigh's SBDC is a fantastic place to work for full-time MBA students looking for real-work consulting experience. The full-time staff is fantastic, and the learning opportunities are awesome!
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 28, 2018
it was a good experienve as a student worker. I had a chance to learn how to interact with others and take critique from managers and while also learning from those critiques.
event team lead and staff
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 28, 2018
I am a dedicated employee. I am always willing to take on new projects and grow in a company where I can excel. I am a team player, and can lead a team to achieve goals.
A Joy to Work For
Associate Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 26, 2018
A great environment. My department was run by a fantastic person who encouraged new ideas and hired fellow workers who supported each other. Pay is a little low compared to industry (welcome to education), but the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Great Working Environment and Benefits
Cons
Lower than industry pay.
Good
Visiting Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work. Good learning environment. Presents challenges, but experience is smooth. Nice people. Good food. Good library. Bad weather.
nice campus, good study and work environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 7, 2018
The university locates in a small town. Living expenses are relatively smaller than those in nearby cities. The university has an open and mild campus culture. good place to study and live.
Great environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 1, 2018
I did research here as an undergrad, so the experiences and mentoring that I got at Lehigh were really great. Professors were happy to teach us new skills.
Summer REU
NSF REU Student (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 15, 2018
It was an acceptable undergraduate research experience. Got some good lab experience and had a fun summer in Pennsylvania (had a bunch of planned events)
Great Experience
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 7, 2018
A great staff that introduced me to the life of a stagehand. Meet new people and learn new things.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Less Pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Pay does not match cost of living compared to other major university areas. Ads for part-time work are usually seeking someone who will volunteer full-time hours for part-time pay. Always try to ask potential coworkers why they think the last person left/was not renewed.
Challenging and Rewarding Environment
Director - Mailing and Printing Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 25, 2018
Lehigh University provided an ideal atmosphere for growth within the department for both me and the staff of Printing and Mailing employees I managed. I was able guide the department through the expansion of business offerings and volume while streamlining the processes. Working with various staff members and University constituents we were able to enhance the services we provided to the University while reducing costs to the University. A very rewarding experience.
Pros
A superb organization that values people and education.
Cons
Proximity to my family
Good postdoc position
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 23, 2018
As any postdoc position it was temporary, never less great people at Materials Sciences Department. I have been working in Center for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology and it was best time of my life. I have completed my MBA using tuition assistance and research was very interesting.
Pros
University setting
Cons
Lack of advencement
Professional Environment
Senior Defensive Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Professional and productive environment. Salaries commensurate with experience and knowledge. Co-workers were courteous and pleasant. Benefits were excellent.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between workers and supervisors
Good place to get good experience
Director of Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 3, 2018
The University has a beautiful campus, and lively environment. Staff members are very nice, polite, and engaging. The University could invest more into athletics. Some staff members are greatly under paid, but the experience at this D1 institution is priceless.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Great Place to Grow
Co-Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 21, 2017
Great place to live and work. I spent 10 years there and felt like it was good place to be. They understood what it took to be successful. When we parted ways, although I thought it was not fair, I was taken care of.
Productive, educational
Marketing Consultan (ESC) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 14, 2017
My job was part time and then turned into a volunteer status. I loved the people and the culture. Looking for a stable environment with a stable culture.
Pros
people
Cons
noe
nice place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 8, 2017
It's a really good school! I will recommend my friends to go here. I have learned a lot from here. And my professor and manager are both very kind and patient to me.
Management Team
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 28, 2017
Wonderful management team. Everyone is willing to help and support each other professionally . Great camaraderie. Great leaders make great managers. Wonderful work ethics.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
nothing