Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work
General Practice Residency (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Fantastic place to work. They value the practice of medicine and dentistry. Experienced doctors and staff. Would recommend to anyone who is a team player.
Once Lehigh Valley took over things were never the same.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJanuary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working at the hospital, but I believe I lost my job because Lehigh Valley took over our community hospital. Not much more to say. If I had my way, I wish I still had my old job.
Employee beware
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 5, 2019
I think that in any job, management can make or break your experience.
There was absolutely no place to advance to in my department, and no support from management to get you to where you want to go.
Lots of turnover. Lots of good, loyal employees wanting to leave because of these reasons.
They have a tuition reimbursement in place, but in actuality only pays you back about half of what you spent. That's too much for an underpaid employee to have to fork out to advance their career.
Management never gives you attention, unless its bad.
HR doesn't take the time to educate you on your benefits and what you can expect for medical leave of absence. I think employee beware is a good mantra for LVHN, No one is looking out for you.
Pros
medical benefits, PTO upon hire
Cons
no breaks, ghost management, no one really has your back
productive place to work
Educator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoy the job I currently work for, but there is no room for advancement. I have learned a lot throughout the years working under great leaders. The reason I am looking for another position is because I want a change exploring other options I can qualify for.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no room for growth
Wish I was still employed with this employer
Administrative Partner (Float) (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Fast paced environment. It was an unfamiliar work environment. Hope to obtain another position with this employer. Nurses were always pleasant and accommodating for patients and their families.
Why are they looking for a billing clerk?
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 25, 2018
Why are they looking for a billing clerk when the entire pt financial department is being closed in 2019 We were told go to allentown or get laid off And where did the billing clerk title even come from everyone in that department no matter what the job title are clerk typist’s.
Look elsewhere there is no future here
Review
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, Pennsylvania, USDecember 20, 2018
A typical day is very intense and busy, so I learned time management. The hardest part of the job sometimes is very long hours. The most enjoyable thing is making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
worked as a team excellant co workers
Cons
short if any breaks
Lvh
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 11, 2018
I really enjoy where I work. The hospital setting is where it is at. My manager is kind and caring. Everyone I work with is great!

I couldn't ask for a better atmosphere to work in.
Great Place to Work
Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 30, 2018
I Learned A lot at this Hospital. Nice People and Great Place to Work. Excellent Hospital System. Taught you about your position is you had No Training.
Pros
Great Hours, Discounts at Gym
competative
Front End Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 29, 2018
LVHN is a rewarding stressful job.
Healthcare is a great job but has its ups and downs.
You are exposed to alot and need to refrain from discussing alot
Pros
rewarding
Cons
stressful
Toxic Environment Due to Management Culture and Human Resources Department
Healthcare Professional on front line of care (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 27, 2018
Very amazing place to work if you have managers who want to and do promote individual and professional growth- who are there to guide and help you excel instead of the complete opposite. Sadly, this place is going downhill and this is highly due to the management culture and human resources department. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the friends and co-workers you meet and the professional relationships you form. Very disappointing.
Cons
Staff is dispensable to them, HR department is immoral and unethical, No respect for length of time you work there
culture
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 27, 2018
Don't do enough for their employees who are the direct reason for making the company what it is.
Employees are seen as a dime a dozen.
No one in place to fight for you.
All about maintaining image and hiding problems instead of doing the hard work to improve
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PANovember 26, 2018
The organization is very heavy in management. Leadership is inaccessible. It is managed from the top down with little consideration for non-management employees. Employees are treated like liabilities instead of assets. Talent is often wasted or disregarded unless you are a physician. It’s a shame that employee potential is not embraced. Friends and favorites are frequently promoted instead of the most qualified candidate. Jobs are often written for a particular person instead of organizational need requiring an extensive talent search.
Pros
Cons
Difficult career growth
Challenging
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 26, 2018
Working in lehighvalley health network was very challenging you gain lots of experience but sometimes are treated unfairly unfortunately is all about there numbers and they don’t care about there employees
I rather work in the nine circles of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 14, 2018
The typical day in the ER. Where do I start? Besides, the harassment and the favoritism. How about the low pay? Getting $12.50 per hour on morning shift $12.75 per hour on middle shift and $14.75 per hour on night shift. For all the work a registration specialist does; getting your trauma patients registered as quick as possible. Getting bombarded without extra help and then getting yelled at by your boss because you're not doing your job fast enough. For the work we done and for what we got paid is a crime. And management is a joke; you make a complaint about someone and they blame you for no reason! You can't take time off if you have a family emergency because that becomes an occurrence, or have a death in the family but I digress.

Bottom line is if you like this kind of atmosphere where everyone is talking and not doing anything except yourself; then this is the job for you.
Pros
The people
Cons
Management, Hr, and NOSEY PEOPLE
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 13, 2018
Much better family feel compared to the other main campus! Management visible and present, smaller patient ratios for nurses and a lot less going on every day.
Pros
Love the management
Ok
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 13, 2018
Available for advancement to a certain degree, Management not very involved with employees in the clinical setting. Pay is competitive for the area, but not enough for the job title. Patient ratios for nurses is less than desirable, but team help is always available. Great first place to work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hardly an breaks for clinical colleagues, not enough management present.
Productive and excellent work environment
Nurse Manager, Health Works (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 12, 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked. Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Had many opportunities for career advancement and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Enjoyed my 27 years at LVHN
Bedside nurse in Level III NICU (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 5, 2018
I loved my NICU career at LVHN and had tremendous growth as a nurse. It certainly helped me grow from a fairly new nurse to a seasoned nurse. I was able to raise my children and work full time with ease. The NICU at LVHN is a busy progressive NICU and I had many learning experiences to carry with me as I relocated.
Pros
Management and staffing was proficient and a very close knit team.
Cons
The winters could be challenging to get to and from work but I never missed work for weather.
No Support From Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 1, 2018
Management at the hospital is fully aware of nurses being cut throat, eating their young, lack of teamwork among peers and lack of support from management. Physicians (the very little they can keep) treat the nurses like garbage and get away with it on a daily basis. I attempted to reach out to my manager multiple times verbally and then decided to complete in writing due to no trust, honesty or integrity and I was blown off. My manager was fully aware of how staff treat co-workers and did nothing. You are expected to take on case loads that should never be aloud.
None of this happens at LHV Main Hospital, Hazleton is just the money maker for them with no improvements except paint!
Pros
pay rate
Cons
everything else especially: staff are cut throat and will eat their young

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss