Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

employment at LVHN
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 19, 2018
you are rated for raises according to your performance which I feel is good, however, there are time that I feel you are not allow to voice your opinion without being reprimanded. There is no such thing as freedom of speech. If someone would to write a bad review and others happen to agree with it you get a call from HR. I have seen this happen many times. Employees afraid to speak up for fear of their jobs. They feel management does not have their back and they would be thrown under the bus in a second. For the good part they do offer tuition reimbursement and encourage growth.
Pros
they do offer tuition reimbursement and encourage growth.
Cons
Employees afraid to speak up for fear of their jobs.
Very short staffed with terrible nurse to patient ratios
Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work but not enough staff. Nurses take up to 7 patients most of the time due to lacking staff. Tech partners are also short staffed, some units will only have 1 overnight or none at all.
A good place to begin a nursing career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 11, 2018
My work experience at LVHN Home Care has been very beneficial to my growth as a RN. I continue to learn a lot everyday from patients, clinicians, and physicians. The knowledge that I have learned I use on a daily basis to care for my patients. Thank you LVHN Home Care for all that you do!
Fast Paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2018
Typical workday is fast paced, difficult at times to balance patient care without sacrificing your own lunch/break or end up staying late. Management will ask your opinion but won't make changes off of suggestions. Can be full of educational opportunities if you look for them. Hardest part is completing all tasks for the patients in time allotted with minimal staffing. Most enjoyable part is caring for patients, making a difference in their lives, giving them the best care possible. Good co-workers who are knowledgable and willing to help when available.
Pros
Good heath care, flexible schedule/hours, many learning opportunities
Cons
Almost no breaks, stay late with little recognition
Friendly,team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 30, 2018
Busy day but staff and management made it toleratable,some times stressful,friendly,patients for the most very appreciative,had picnics,celebrated birthdays,holidays when at work,liked my job
Pros
Free lunch at times, Catered, Management was good
Cons
Short breaks at times
Great place
Video observation technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work, very knowledgeable and career oriented, no peer pressure,you meet good friends I love my job come to a great place to work , job security , educational training
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low salary
When I started there I met a great deal of good people.
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  cedarAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed working there .There were bad days and good days but over all it was fun working there. Sometimes working in the er was a nice place to be because it gave you a chance to see how it was ran and there was a great male nurse working there him and his wife who were amazing .
Pros
Training
Cons
sometimes not enough staff
Coder III (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 28, 2018
Health network is one of the best in the area and the organization is run well. There can be better communication between management and craft and more frequent. Hard to get quick answers with new management. Pay is really low for experienced coders.
Pros
Works as a team and encourages advancement.
Cons
Low pay.
Chemotherapy/ Biologic Infusion RN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2018
Very proud current employee. Their education department is outstanding. They place a lot of merit in the education and ceritification of their nursing colleagues. Working for a Magnet institution improves patient safety, outcomes and holds nursing staff to a higher level of competency. There is a open culture of being able to question processes and information with your colleagues without the feeling of intimidation. Again, this is what makes LVHN a great place to work and have confidence when needing care for my family.
LVHN offers a tremendous amount of support for our communities health and wellness.
Pros
Great culture!
Cons
Difficult to advance
Lehigh Valley Health Network
BedTeam (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2018
The job was not bad I worked as Bedteam I did discharge for Lehigh Valley Health Network that's the job title for the Hospital the takes time to do the rooms.
It was pretty stressful
Front End Representative (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAAugust 23, 2018
It was pretty stressful environment. I had to go from one job site to another a lot. Didn't get compensated for the driving time, but the girls I worked with were great!
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 22, 2018
I have enjoyed working for the Network. I plan to retire from the company. The company is fair with benefits to employees who are part time/ Full time and have been working long term.
Pros
Job security
Lvhn
Labor & Delivery RN (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 20, 2018
Powerhouse in the area. Lots of choices for medical care. Cutting-edge research. Beautiful facilities. An asset to any community. Expansion of the hospital seen all over the area.
Compassionate about their employees
Technical Partner (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 17, 2018
I have been employed there for almost 15 years would like to transfer to my new role as a Lpn and stay in the network .Excellent place to work.We work as a team everyone is treated equally .
Place to work vigorously
pastoral care resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 15, 2018
What a nice place to work! The director provides full support to me, words of encouragement when I need. She understands my situation and tries her best to help me out. My supervisor has a pretty good reputation of educating CPE students well. Employees that I work with are friendly, respectful and kind.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No complaint
Great place to work for 14 years. But they always have a hiring freeze in effect.
Critical Care Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 14, 2018
Work at LVH for 14 years while attending Physician Assistant school at the same time. Once I graduated, I have waited for two years for the hospital to raise the internal hiring freeze. They have not. Now forced to leave my vacation time and time in the network to find employment as an advanced practitioner.
Great Place
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAAugust 11, 2018
Great place. Great people. The network is growing and gaining traction. This is a great place to work. Good benefits. Plenty of locations around PA. Just great.
Workplace Culture
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 6, 2018
This is a great place to work, but they overlook the good people for promotion and they promote the wrong people for management positions. Management is changed to often.
Pros
Amount of time paid off
Cons
Politics
Very political
Technical Partner (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 5, 2018
Advancement is extremely difficult for honest employees. Hiring practices are questionable. Education and experience don't count as much as camaraderie.
Great Cooperation with phenomenal people
Outpatient Registration/Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 29, 2018
My overall experience at LVHN is great. I love my job and what I do. The people I work for and work around are phenomenal. I work with a great team.
Pros
easy going, considerate and fair
Cons
nothing negative. All positive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss