Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Lvhn proud
Outpatient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 16, 2018
It's a great place to work for. Everyone is so nice. Benefits are amazing. Totally worth it. Sometimes the work can be stressful, but that can be anywhere you work too.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Very pleasureful working for this company
Valet (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 15, 2018
There were a lot of pleasures working for this company. knowing that just parking a patients or even a visitors cars to go in and see there loved ones made you feel good. to take away that extra step of their stress of finding parking.
Pros
made you feel helpful
Cons
not sure of any cons
Insurance Follow-up/Denials Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy my current position here at LVHN. It is a relaxed environment and as long as you do your work, you are left alone. I enjoy the things the company does foe their employees.
Difficult place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 3, 2018
Very low pay for staff nurses and very understaffed! If you look different you will easily not feel welcomed here. Great place to start off because they “train” you, but not for long term.
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay, always short staffed
Horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  LVPG internal medicineJuly 3, 2018
I got hired to this office right out of my externship, needless to say right from the start I seen signs of this not being a good place to work. I however, I stuck it out to get my experience. Throughout my time being with that office and this company was nothing but stressful and uncomfortable. They have people that work for them that get away with just about everything, and other people who work very hard and get punished for absolutely everything. They are a company that doesn't seem to care about much of anything other than themselves and money. Granted that's just about any job that you work for-however, this was by far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Department too big
Repricing Analyst (Medical Claims Examiner) (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2018
There are many departments within the network. My review is based on the department I work in. Our department has growned from about 30 employees to over 100 in the past few years. We have gone from knowing everyone to not knowing everyone. I really don't know if I like that. Each little department within this one department seems to have each have their own rules.
RN job
Registered Nurse, NICU Level IV (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 28, 2018
Overall LVHN is a great company to work for. I must say that I was quite happy there. The orientation was very structured and I feel that it adequately prepared me for the job. Management for the most part was easily accessible to staff, however, I am not sure they always valued our thoughts. The incentives offered are nice. One thing I and many others did not like is that we work in a specialized department and when the "house" was short they began floating nurses from our department to work as patient techs. For all of us this presented a huge safety issue and drastically decreased employee morale.
i work 8 and 12hr shifts. my role varies as to the shift i work. i work on an off shift ,but i am able to reach someone if necessary. i enjoy the pe
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working and feel I am compensated,however I would prefer more flexability in my work schedule. Currently it is a frustrating position due to the nursing shortage.
Pros
good health benefits, opportunity to continue education
Cons
short staffing
Relaxed Environment, Great interactions with guests
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2018
A typical day involved greeting guests at the information desk and directing them to the appropriate location. Escort guests to their destinations. I learned to be compassionate dealing with different situations that can occur at the hospital and we had a great team who always pulled together whenever and where ever needed. Had a great manager but lacked in managerial training. The hardest part of the job was pleasing our regional supervisor. Over all it was a great experience.
Pros
guests interaction
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, lack of training
I fell for it like everyone else
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 19, 2018
I remember going to orientation feeling like I was on top of the world, once assigned an office, very quickly I was just a number to them to meet their quota. The pay is a sin, they don’t care how hard you work, it’s not recognised. You can’t do your job to the best of your ability because all they care about is seeing more and more patients, and not giving quality care, but quantity. They don’t protect or back up their employees and you’re degraded, and treated like a dog. I wanted a job to provide for my family, to be proud that I was a part of, to feel that I was making a positive impact on an individuals life and well being, but it’s like screaming without a voice. My “starting” pay which I was told would raise as I would have opportunity advancements was a complete lie. They don’t even offer maternity leave for their own employees! I’ve never felt more dooped in believing lies as I do each and everyday that I have to clock in with Lehigh Valley Physicians Group. The doctors just want to cram in as many patients in a day as humanly possible because they get kick backs. It’s so sad. I couldn’t wait for the opportunity to get my foot in the door, and everyday I leave in tears. I wanted to climb as high as I could and really make a name for myself with Lehigh Valley. They won’t even buy office supplies as everyone’s on a “budget” and have to email each other’s offices to see who can spare paper, etc. Its embarrassing. There’s no such thing as patient care with Lehigh Valley. Order more tests=more money from insurance. Biggest mistake of my life.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Literally everything. Pay is terrible, can’t get approved leave, benefits aren’t great.
Daily
Administrative Partner (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the babies get well, and seeing them progress to eventually going home. Its hard to see them leave, you grow attached. The hardest part of my job was working the overnight shift.
Pros
Development of NICU babies
Cons
Working overnight shift
Transport patients
Radiology Support Tech/ Transporter (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 15, 2018
Working under radiology department to transfer patients to their exams in modalities such as Ultrasound, MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine, and Interventional Radiology.
Watch out...cut throat
Patient Access Representative I (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 7, 2018
Staff is cut throat. All they care about is competing with other hospitals. Write you up for anything. Pay sucks. Manager not helpful. I would stay away.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Very cut throats
Don't work here
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2018
No room for advancement with LVHN. When you start they offer you the world but once you start looking to advance they don't consider you. They prefer to give the position to an outsider than to a current employee. This place is a revolving door. Constantly new people because once the employee realize the abuse LVHN provides they leave. Everything is an occurrence for them, they look for reasons to fire people to bring new employees at a lesser rate. Just an all around horrible employer.
Great place to work.
Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2018
At Lehigh Valley we take care of patients by doing their vitals, helping with ADL's, preforming phlebotomy, help with feeding, document the care we provide, let nurses know of any changes in patient status.
Enjoyed the job. Busy and different everyday.
Perioperative Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 5, 2018
A typical day was always busy. Enjoyed the work environment. Good team work with colleagues. Management was great. The manager was always willing to listen to your thoughts and ideas. She was very supportive. We are encouraged to sign up for classes to help us professional and personally.
Rewarding job
Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 4, 2018
Lehigh Valley Health Network is a very gratifying place to work. As a network, I feel secure, supported, and happy to be apart of the team. Working with highly motivated individuals has helped me achieve my goals.
Too worried about competing with their compatitors in the area.
FULL TIME WEEKEND PROGRAM RN (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 31, 2018
Nurses general consensus was that we were easily dispensable. No support from HR to retain their employees. Individual units were set up to prevent employees from gathering groups of more than 2 employees. Example, unit was divided into several pods or nurse areas, instead of one central location where interaction with my coworkers could have been a more supportive and help more easily accessible. Working on individual portable computers per nurse created even more distance between developing a patient/nurse rapport.
Pros
Good health benefits and 401K plans.
Cons
Lack of on floor administrative staff.
Not bad, but not great either
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 31, 2018
No opportunities to move up, very little training opportunities, good benefits. Management does not listen or hear employees concerns and issues. There are layoffs and hiring freezes around the same time every year.
Hostile
Provider (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 27, 2018
Heavy managerial oriented. Fixated on the money. Workers are disposable. Is working for a combination of the Mafia and the Kremlin. Punitive environment.
Pros
Pto
Cons
managemwnt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight