Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Productive and excellent work environment
Nurse Manager, Health Works (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 12, 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked. Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Had many opportunities for career advancement and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Enjoyed my 27 years at LVHN
Bedside nurse in Level III NICU (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 5, 2018
I loved my NICU career at LVHN and had tremendous growth as a nurse. It certainly helped me grow from a fairly new nurse to a seasoned nurse. I was able to raise my children and work full time with ease. The NICU at LVHN is a busy progressive NICU and I had many learning experiences to carry with me as I relocated.
Pros
Management and staffing was proficient and a very close knit team.
Cons
The winters could be challenging to get to and from work but I never missed work for weather.
No Support From Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 1, 2018
Management at the hospital is fully aware of nurses being cut throat, eating their young, lack of teamwork among peers and lack of support from management. Physicians (the very little they can keep) treat the nurses like garbage and get away with it on a daily basis. I attempted to reach out to my manager multiple times verbally and then decided to complete in writing due to no trust, honesty or integrity and I was blown off. My manager was fully aware of how staff treat co-workers and did nothing. You are expected to take on case loads that should never be aloud.
None of this happens at LHV Main Hospital, Hazleton is just the money maker for them with no improvements except paint!
Pros
pay rate
Cons
everything else especially: staff are cut throat and will eat their young
Stressful and short staffed.
Technical Partner (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 31, 2018
Stressful and short staffed. Company isnt what it use to be anymore. Money is the priority and not the patients and staff that works hand and hand with patients.
Good Company to Work For
Team Lead & Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18105October 21, 2018
Lehigh Valley Health Network has a good Health mission, they offer Job Training and Education reimbursement for furthering work goals.
They also offer a lot of community events and opportunities to help other co-workers and the community with food bank and blood drives.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Management uninvolved, unfair treatment, not treated as an individual
Psychiatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 21, 2018
Poor work environment. Menagement uninvolved. Not treated as an individual.Expect everyone to be "cookie cutter" Expect even non- essential to come in when weather is treacherous.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat, uninvolved management
Loved the job as a Tech but Management sucked.
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 19, 2018
I was so happy when I first started out as a tech in the ED. I loved my job, but that all changed not even a year into it. I was hired with my nose pierced and for the first year no one had a problem with it. In fact there were a lot of other employees with them as well. Next thing I know, I'm being suspended without pay for violating the policy, all the while everyone else continues to work without being reprimanded. Doctor's were fun to work and most of the nurses were great as well. There were a few that would be nice to your face but then turn around and backstab. For the amount of work you do, they don't pay enough. I was working full time 12 hour shifts and still wasn't making enough to cover all my bills. They didn't offer over time. I worked my butt off and did my best to go above and beyond. In the end I ended up resigning my position after management and HR tried to say "I didn't smile enough" some of my co workers felt they had to "walk on eggshells" around me, which I knew wasn't true. I had many co workers approach me and tell me i was one of their best techs and they loved following after me because they knew everything would be stocked and completed. I constantly felt targeted by management and think if they would hire different managers it would be a much better place to work.
Pros
Catered free lunches at times, working with some great nurses
Cons
Management sucked, short breaks (sometimes none at all)
great experience
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 15, 2018
I was able to get exposure to multiple different areas of specialties as a staff nurse with education to prepare and support confidence during the transitions.
Good job.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PA 17901October 14, 2018
Originally I worked to the Pottsville Hospital now known as LVHN. Fellow employees were always helpful and fun to work with. I had a great manager that was supportive. Working independently was encouraged and I learned a lot.
Eh
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 14, 2018
No one really worked with you, there was always drama in the department, management was not the best nor the most understanding. They needed more team work
Cons
productive good place to work
RAC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAOctober 13, 2018
encourage education, family, team work, good communication between management and staff. mentorship is a plus. Always encourage staff to communicate any problems with leadership team. Provide a safe environment to work in.
Pros
competitive salary, strong benefit package, good overall atmosphere to work in
Cons
none at this time
Enjoyable and missed
RN Staff Nurse-Acute rehab (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 13, 2018
Enjoyed my experience overall with LVH. Left for personal reasons moreso than for professional reasons. I enjoyed my management staff there on the unit I worked on. Staffing was hard at times.
Poor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 13, 2018
2 Yrs since l.V.H.N. Took over schuylkill med center & nothing has changed , no better -no worse. Complete overhaul is needed starting with mgmt.
Pros
Job security...No one wants the job
Cons
I could not understand their hiring practices for management. They preferred clinical people with no experience versus non-clinical people with experi
Oncology Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 7, 2018
The pay was abysmal. We were expected to know chemotherapy regiments and I would have made more money had I gone to work at a fast food restaurant. I will say that the doctors were amazing to work with. I admired all of them. The nurses were great, too, as was most of the staff. That is why they give excellent care. The people who work with the patients are wonderful.
Pros
The clinical staff is amazing and inspiring.
Cons
Low pay, no opportunity to advance.
personal family death
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 3, 2018
when you have a close family member pass away they only give you a maximum of 24 hours off. and they want you to work directly after laying the individual to rest.
Cons
working 12hrs by yourself with no uninterupted lunch break
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 26, 2018
Multi Disciplinary, Collaborative work environment, Fast Paced. Must be able to multi-task. Variable hours depending on shift assignment. Continued Education is encouraged
. cutting edge technology
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 24, 2018
Family oriented work place. Constant fast pace work environment. Alway busy interacting with employees and the public. Room to expand your education and growth.
Good place for learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18105September 21, 2018
They are very tough on new nurses, but they do offer a lot of education. They have multiple training opportunities that offer CCE at no cost to the participant. They also offer tuition reimbursement if you pan on furthering your outside education.
employment at LVHN
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 19, 2018
you are rated for raises according to your performance which I feel is good, however, there are time that I feel you are not allow to voice your opinion without being reprimanded. There is no such thing as freedom of speech. If someone would to write a bad review and others happen to agree with it you get a call from HR. I have seen this happen many times. Employees afraid to speak up for fear of their jobs. They feel management does not have their back and they would be thrown under the bus in a second. For the good part they do offer tuition reimbursement and encourage growth.
Pros
they do offer tuition reimbursement and encourage growth.
Cons
Employees afraid to speak up for fear of their jobs.
Very short staffed with terrible nurse to patient ratios
Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work but not enough staff. Nurses take up to 7 patients most of the time due to lacking staff. Tech partners are also short staffed, some units will only have 1 overnight or none at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss