Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Great Place
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Former Employee) –  BethJanuary 15, 2018
Great company to work for highly competent in staffing and running a pharmacy. Good people and good pay. They care for their patients and for their staff.
Excellent place and Staff
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 11, 2018
Excellent place,
Excellent staffing,
Excellent management,
Dr.'s are great,
Great learning experience
Well organized
They care for their patients as if they are all family!
Boring
Patient observation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Patient observation assistant id a boring job sitting with a patient one- on- one so they dont pull out iv and not a danger to themselves as well as sometimes being on the pscych unit
Excellent culture and room for advancement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Job in the ICU was stressful and fast paced but totally gratifying. The hardest part of the job is when we were short staffed. I enjoyed helping those that I could.
Unfair people working there
Tech partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Work culture boasted of teamwork and support ,
Yet after being placed on a unit this changes few of the nurses were genuine . This place is full of favoritism, disrespect, ignorance, showboating,backstabbing and gossip.
They act as if the technical partners are so disposable as it they aren't needed your trained as a CNA, phlebotomist, and ekg tech yet u are paid as a personal care aide and you complete the training only to never receive the certifications, the directors are in cahoots with hr and vice versa so once someone dislikes you you are manhandled in a sense until they can get rid of you
I wanted to become a nurse until I realized all I'll do is push meds and play on my cell phone while the tech gets to do the work
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else
Fun. You get to wear many hats
Certified Nursing Assistant /Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 30, 2017
There’s no denying the job stability. As a Float caregiver, I saw a variety of staff and patients. Enjoyed working in a team environment, especially in specialized units, and varying duties. LVHN provides continuous training and other learning opportunities.
Pros
Relationships. The company provides many employee benefits. Three day work week.
Cons
long hours, difficult to deal with illness and death
A good place to work.
Behaivoral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PADecember 23, 2017
LVHN is a good company to work for. Compensation for work done is competitive. Split campuses, one Union one non Union. Parking is not accessible for employees. Opportunity for overtime due to lack of staff.
Merger
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 22, 2017
The hospital is a nice, small community hospital but the past year has been challenging with the merger with Lehigh Valley. The culture has been impacted and it has been difficult to bounce back.
Excellent Hospital
Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PADecember 21, 2017
Excellent care delivered by physicians, nurses, fellows and ancillary support staff. Patient care came first and doctors worked cooperatively. Opportunities for research will cardiology fellows. Cardiology facilities were "state of the art."
Pros
Excellent Care
Cons
Large organization
wrk overload
floorcare tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PADecember 21, 2017
I made a vital era by leaving my job after 90 days , I had other plans come up and immediately resigned my position as a floor care tech , I'd like to someday in the not to distant future return to that job , seeing over the years the floors and how they are cared for , I have built a rep as the best floor man in the lehigh valley area , yet need to be compensated as well
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
n/a
great place to work and gain intelligent experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  all Adult ICU'sDecember 9, 2017
LVHN is always up to date on the newest and best way to care for their patients. The Doctors genuinely care for the patients they are in charge of. As a staff member there is almost always someone there to help carry the load or someone to help with a question.
Pros
guaranteed 30 minute covered lunch
Cons
sometimes stressful situations
Big mistake
Physician (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PANovember 24, 2017
LVHN has a bizarre culture. Health practices archaic. A rural health network, not cutting edge. Very stubborn with respect to changing practices. The worst management I've seen in a health network.
Pros
Stable paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Great place!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2017
Great place to work, Many opportunities, plenty of great people to work with, great transitional training for new employees, all electronic, almost paperless zone!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 17, 2017
Great place to work, Epic on board is great asset and continuity of care . Great room for advancement , good benefits. I worked with the trauma surgeons and also for the general surgeons, I was on the ancillary staff as a professional, doing rounds with surgical team, Great knowledge obtained through this experience
Pros
Many see review
Cons
not known
Micro Managed
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 13, 2017
Extremely Micro Managed. Manager does not support his or her staff. Management is only supportive if they like you. They will like you as long as you follow orders and don't ask questions.
Pros
Good Benefits, excellent co-workers
Cons
management
very uncomfortable
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 9, 2017
I was targeted because I did not fit into the changes and the "new culture " of the office. They found a reason to let me go because a co worker was giving me a hard time and they didnt want to deal with the issues of her bullying me .
Lvhn
Bed Management Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 8, 2017
Working here for the network has both ups and downs. But this is for any place of work. I love my job and I love my team. It also has its challenges with bed placement but incollaboration with the units and supervisors, we make things easy if we can.
met a lot of great people
Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2017
typically VERY BUSY NONSTOP day except for the times i worked 3-11, that wasn't as hectic. I enjoyed how rewarding it can be, and for on the job learning I was exposed me to be a better therapist which really prepared me for schooling on that. Hardest thing was feeling VERY overworked and a few nasty experiences with nursing staff on the floor 5C ( I transferred after about a yr working there to another, better floor ).
Pros
great insurance (what I was told, only worked part time/ per diem), rewarding job (patients made me feel appreciated)
Cons
can be mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting
It at lvhn
Support Analyst, Information Services (Current Employee) –  Information sericesNovember 2, 2017
Ambiguity is a way of life, zero change management and no blackout plans. Very poor communication overall and less between silos. Coworkers are mostly friendly and willing to work together on common tasks.
Pros
Secure jobs
Cons
No advancement and indifferent heirarchy
Surprisingly good staff/services, horrible management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PANovember 1, 2017
Hard to believe this organization is so successful considering how poor for the management is. Seems top-heavy with management staff yet still poorly run. I do you think the level and quality of the care they provide is good, however they treat their employees horribly and with such little respect . Such a shame!!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of respect from mgmt, low pay, overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.