Leica Biosystems Employee Reviews

Great place to work for.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILNovember 14, 2018
People and work environment were exceptional. The management cared about the employees and the quality of the products and workplace. It was an enjoyable place to come to everyday!
Productive working environment
Warehouse Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 9, 2018
I worked here it was good that is pretty much all my experience was up and down. it is definitely a place to get under your belt and gain some valuable experience
Pros
lots of free lunches and social gatherings
Cons
depends on department
Unusual Culture
Controller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILJune 25, 2018
The company has an unusual culture. I was initially owned by a family then purchased by a large corporation. I think there have been challenges incorporating the changes.
Unrealistic Timelines - Good Place otherwise
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2018
I found it to be a fun place to work. The people are very nice.

The parent company, Danaher, likes to run lean - and it shows - there is too much work for the number of people that are employed. there are too many meetings were nothing gets done.

Biggest issues is that lower management is scared and does not want to push back on upper management regarding project timelines. All the timelines are unrealistic and your ratings are based on meeting these timelines (in other words - don't expect large bonuses or big pay raises). Some managers understand - others do not.
Pros
Great people! Cool technology - good mix of everything from machine learning, hardware, software, electronics, motor control, etc.
Cons
Traffic is horrible in the morning/evening - commuting to work is painful, Working from home not possible for most people since equipment is required.
leica Biosystems
Silk Screener (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IL 60071February 15, 2018
I ran a silkscreen machine. I painted microscope slides, i made sure to mix paint for the jobs i had for the the day, made sure my area was clean and neat
Pros
a lot of breaks and lunches
Cons
slow paced
Fast paced envorinmet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Daily activities varied based on customer requests. Receive phone calls, emails, and faxes to process new orders, expedite or check back orders on existing orders. Every day was different and challenging. Never a dull moment. Loved stepping up to take care of a customer issue.
Pros
Potential yearly bonus
Cons
Expensive Health Insurance
Productive and Moving
CONTRACT- Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Picking orders first thing in the morning. Then packing them in the afternoon, and then shipping them off in the evening before end of day. Team Lead was lazy and offered no help what so ever. Hardest part of the job was making sure the orders went out on time at the end of each month.
Pros
Lunches, and BBq's on occasion
Cons
No advancement
Company summary
Global (Senior) Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Leica was more employee friendly and had flexibility, Growth opportunities were limited but were there. Collaborative team culture with some transparency in communication.
Fast-paced but very friendly and collaborative
Field Service Engineer II (NC/SC) (Current Employee) –  NC / SCDecember 27, 2017
The FSE position at Leica Bio requires focus and a high level of recall from the training classes. After attending the classes, they provide Field mentoring but, you must be confident in your own abilities and experiences to succeed.
Pros
always helpful technicians within a phone call
Cons
very diverse product line requiring travel trunkstock and online manuals
Poor Management at my former OpCo
Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2017
Management, HR, and Finance are not on the same page at all.
Little advancement due to poor management.
Opinions are listened to but unheard.
Achievements are overlooked.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Work environment is stressful.
Good base of people, poor management
LEAD IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 27, 2017
I worked at Aperio when Leica Biosystems acquired it and the constant changing of management and lack of management representation in my position negatively impacted my view of this company.
not a good work environment
Global Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 20, 2017
There is no integration with work and personal life. need to review their policies for flexible work schedules considering the global nature of the business.
Loved It
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 12, 2017
I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. They were great! Would recommend to anyone. If I hadn't moved out of state I would still be there.
Pros
Competative Pay, Friendly Staff
Cons
Too Quiet
Productive and innovative place to work. Very important products they put out.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the work. I enjoyed immensely building and maintaining the relationships that I had with all of my sales reps. I enjoyed the fast paced environment and no down time. We were always extremely busy which made for a day to go by quickly, sometimes too quick.
Management is OK
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 5, 2017
Management is driving hard culture change. Very out of touch with employees. Office area could use some updating. Products seem to be very solid per the sales force.
Good if you like regimen and lots of tools
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 16, 2017
Great place to learn tools that work. Hard on Work/Life balance as everything is a stretch goal, and for those "A" players, never able to win is frustrating. Result - high turn over due to incessant reporting and demands.
Pros
Good Business process tools to solve problems
Cons
Goals are hard to achieve, poor work/life balance
High Expectations
Any (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2017
Good company to work for but work/life balance is not very good. A lot of hours are needed to get the job done and the company has unrealistic expectations from their employees. Decent benefits and pay. Bonus package is also good but then again the expectations make it hard to meet your goals.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No Work Life balance
Excellent Opportunity
Office (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 3, 2017
You get to be part of a company that is impactful on peoples health and life.

Processes in place to make job run smoothly, you know exactly what is expected of you.

The teams are filled with great people and there is true team work.

Benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Great Product, Industry Leader, Opportunity
Cons
Not any, work hard and you are rewarded
Solid medical device company
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Solid medical device company trying to make inroads into medical software and solution selling. Industry leader in pathology imaging globally with strong presence in NA, Europe and APAC.
Good Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILDecember 28, 2016
Company is small. Management is good and co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people-contact. Training is minimal, on-the-job training is expected.
Pros
Small
Cons
Structure