Leidos

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Great company to work for

Featured review

Leidos selected this as a representative review
Leidos is a great company to work for. My supervisor always kept in contact with me and provided prompt feedback for evaluation reviews. The culture and workplace environment was always pleasant. My supervision recognizes the tech team's potential and rewards on merit earned within my team.

Pros

Technical support was always available

Cons

Deployment time OCONUS away from the family

RUN, don’t walk

There were a list of things that led up to me leaving the company! They aren’t family friendly nor do they truly care about your wellness as they preach. The management is horrible and treat you like robots. They also micro manage times 100. If you like to be controlled on and off your work schedule, than this is the job for you. The benefits are junk, pay is descent though. Still not worth the migraine headaches that I endured every day due to the verbal and mental abuse from the callers and management on a weekly basis. Breaks are short. There’s no support from HR either, so don’t waste your time. They will make you work regardless of needing time off for medical appointments. The training time is short for all of the material you need to know. They cram everything, so you don’t have time to retain it all. Yet, you get docked basically for everything when they listen to your calls! They expect you to work on your own personal time and the supervisors text and call you on your own personal cell phone, even on your off-time. They also dock points for being late and absent. You need the whole weekend to recover from the work week and it’s still not enough time. It’s like high-school all over again!

Pros

Pay, and no weekends.

Cons

Company

The management

Management is absolutely extraordinary in assisting with upward mobility. They want the best for you. When I started I was not seriously considering staying with the company. I have since changed my mind. They have pushed me to better myself and encouraged me to take risks and supported me the whole way.

Willing to work with employees

Management will always support you if needed. After I came back from leave they allowed me to WFH for almost a year. Pay could be better, but govt contractors win the lowest bid.

Great place for general work. Management can be lackluster. Compensation can feel like a slap to the face.

The work is usually meaningful and I feel like I can make an impact. Management can make you feel ignored and make your performance review look lackluster. Thus, your worth can be more to other companies.

Great Pay but no job security

Leidos compensates their employees very well. However, if you are a federal contractor there is no job security as your contract could end with short notice. Leidos management tries their best to manage at a distance if you are at a customer away from their headquarters. However, there are obviously some things out of their control since they can be so far away.

Underpaid, undervalued, over worked

A typical day at work, culture, etc. are contingent upon placement of the contract. I LOVE where I am contracted. That said, the benefits are not as advertised and the pay is approximately 48% below average for similar jobs. I also recommend Googling recent business practices.

Pros

Contract placement

Cons

Benefits are not as advertised, pay is low. We are discouraged from working overtime to meet customer needs.

A good place to work with several avenues for advancement.

Overall an excellent place to work. Everyone is on the same team. Executive management promotes good work/life balance and communicates well for a large organization. Good corporate culture that addresses issues that are brought to their attention. Once you are aboard, there are many ways to advance as they prefer to promote from within and retain talent. Even when a contract is ending, management is finding places for their team to go within the company. After 35 years of military and Gov't work, I was impressed with the comradery.

Good Experience Overall

Huge company. Great opportunities if you have motivation to work hard and take advantage of opportunities presented. Like any big company, it has challenges of trying to keep everyone happy.

Pros

Plenty of areas to gain experience in project management and supporting functions.

Cons

If you want lots of direction and organization, probably not the best company to consider.

Good company

Enjoyed working there. Work on a contract with rebid competition for A DoD organization on a military base. Long term stability was an unknown because at the end of an awarded contract you never know if your company was going to win a repeat.

Cons

Contractual Job with long term stability unknown

Great company, poor compensation

Love the company and its mission. Great flexibility and work/life balance. Management has been great in TRYING to give individuals what they deserve but the powers-to-be refuses to pay or promote from within. Boss said at my last review it would be easier to get promoted if I quit, and reapplied than if I were to stay on.

Great opportunity to learn

Leidos was a great place to work post-military and a good introduction to the civilian workforce. The company cares about its employees. I did feel like an outsider at first, but that could be a result of the fact that the program I joined had been together for a long time.

PACAF A2 Systems Engineer spot

Moved out from mainland to Hawaii for a great compensation package leidos offered. Come to find out they paid a lot because the customer at PACAF A2 is one of the worse civilians to work for as he was disrespectful, intrusive, extremely micromanagement, no idea what the IT really is at hand and overall, cannot be trusted. Stay away from C5ISRO A2 contract at all costs, no matter the pay, the stress is not worth the hassle. They don't approve overtime when called in after hours and holidays which is another red flag.

Pros

Pay compensation and great benefits with Leidos.

Cons

Customer is awful, stay away from PACAF A2 no matter the pay, They are stuck in old tech, don't care for your well being

Great culture. Low pay

This company fosters a great work environment, but the pay is not adequate. There are a ton of opportunities to grow as the company becomes larger and larger.

Productive and fun place to work

Management was very helpful. People were friendly . Very interesting place to work. Room to grow and learn new job skills. Coworkers worked as a team for the most part.

Excellent place to work if you're dedicated to career advancement

I've worked for Leidos since 2017, and I've been really impressed with Management. They encourage me to set goals and work on advancement, at a pace that works for me. While I'm not married to the company, I've always found rich opportunities to grow myself and my skillset. They've started a new initiative to encourage employees to invest in mental health and take vacations, which can be challenging because we earn vacation so quickly.

Pros

Management is invested in me, and my career.

Cons

Medical benefits leave something to be desired.

Great company, amazing benefits!

Leidos is a great company with wonderful employees and outstanding benefits. It has a great reputation as one of the top clinical research organizations in the world and it’s an outstanding company.

Pros

401k, vacation, benefits

Cons

Amazing work life balance. Tons of work from home/telework options! Great pay! Great people! Nothing to complain about! Just happy to be apart of a great company!

Overall a good company to work for.

I liked that a typical day was easy going most of the time. It is an I/T, Hi-Tech company so there are days where things can get very hectic. You have to be able to handle change on a regular basis. You can be called on to travel with short notice and you are often on-call. Being a contract company customer service take priority.

Pros

Depending on your manager there is opportunity to grow.

Cons

There is constant change. You must stay flexible. Salaries are subjective.

Not Remaining Competitive

The people who work here are wonderful. The benefits and pay however leave a lot to be desired. Expensive healthcare, you have to pay for STD, terrible PTO accrual which is also your sick leave bank. No severance if you are laid off. It is clear the executive focus is solely on profit at the expensive of its people.

Cons

Poor benefits

Terrible work culture

I would not work at Leidos again even if they paid me 100k a year. Terrible work ethic , they will throw you under the bus for any reason even if your department has nothing to do with it. I refuse to go back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Terrible work plakce

Common questions about Leidos

Answered by current and former employees at Leidos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leidos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss