Leidos
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Leidos Employee Reviews

Found 1,139 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Leidos selected this as a representative review
Leidos is a great company to work for. My supervisor always kept in contact with me and provided prompt feedback for evaluation reviews. The culture and workplace environment was always pleasant. My supervision recognizes the tech team's potential and rewards on merit earned within my team.
Pros
Technical support was always available
Cons
Deployment time OCONUS away from the family
In general Leidos is a company worthy to work. It supports employees in HR and IT, remote team working environment is respectful and friendly although very busy.
Salary at this client location was high and completive. This specific site allowed for flexible hours. Very limited growth opportunity in this location due to size of the team. Leadership is all on the East Coast, which affects the ability to communicate.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
While my work is often unfulfilling, my manager and coworkers are great. There is opportunities for advancement and pay is reasonable. Work can be boring though.
Pros
pay, time off
Coworkers were genuinely good people but when it came to Scrum, their work lives, and the development process, there was always finger pointing and domineering engineers that made sprints far too intense for their own good with micromanagement created even within the team itself. There was always a sense of everyone for themselves just to show off in reviews and to managers who finished the biggest tickets. Definitely not like this for all of Leidos, don’t think it is, just be careful of the contract you’re put on. And you’ll easily know if it’s a toxic place by the attitude of your interviewers—I naively brushed this off
Pros
Pay and ramp up was actually very reasonable
Cons
Time watching, competitiveness, and weak collaboration
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Leidos was a fun and interesting workplace. All the tools and equipment needed to get the job done. Pay was ok, but the benefits were excellent. Good work culture.
Pros
Benefits, work schedule
Cons
Pay could be better
Great place to work with lots of room to grow. Company always made sure you have the proper training to do your job. Work to life balance is pretty good!
I do not like working at Leidos and therefore I'll be giving it a short review. Leidos is a very large company with a large focus. Day one, I attended orientation and immediately realized I was a small fish in a big pond even though the program I was going to was very niche. That program had a very high turn over rate due to mismanagement, stressful work life balance, culture, etc. The company and program clearly accepted these things and shrugged their shoulders at it. People who didn't like it would slowly decay or quit and those that stuck around festered. The program was very cut throat and therefore the culture existed so that there was little to no collaboration and a sense of fervor filled the environment. Everyone existed to serve themselves and everyone was constantly in fear of losing their job or being fired. I would state empirically that 20% of the people in the program suffered from clinical depression and nearly half had a problem with alcohol. Sealing help for mental health issues were strongly discouraged and would jeopardize your job and your ability to support the mission. I am prior service military and have existed in many different harsh environments with toxic leadership. Leidos was something I never thought would exist.
Pros
You can make a lot of money fast.
Cons
You are almost guaranteed to become clinically depressed.
If you let them they will over task you and under compensate you. If you show any interest in moving up, you get promised a promotion that never shows up.
The comany has a good benefits package. I would get decent yearly raises. Every now and again I would get a bonus. I got along with my managers and they were very supportive.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of Advancement Opportunities
Working for the company gave me the best opportunity to sharpen my skills within IT and also encouraged me to acquire higher certifications along the way. From day one of onboarding the staff supported me all the way. Was offered amazing opportunities to travel and support other districts.
Pros
Best compensation and benefits of any job i've worked. Wonderful management.
Cons
Advancement was a little tough due to the nature of the business, nothing against the company though
Leidos doesn't care about it's employees and will let you rack up that PTO just to never let you use it. Once you're in you're trapped. If you need time off you better know a year in advance, or you'll just have to eat it. Don't get sick either. "Business needs" will always outway your needs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Time off
having a flew schedule is greatmanagement only cares about lining their pocketsno incentive or bonuses for regular employeeshigh premium health care no advancement
Pros
flew schedule
Cons
no bonuses, max of 3% pay increase, high healthcare premiums and deductibles
I got the job because I got laid off, however I continued to look for a job. Management only fared about a few. Building was awful leaky sealing when it rained. No perks!
Pros
A few people were nice.
Cons
Pay was terrible, management sucked!
Management doesn’t care about its employess and it is very obvious. Management doesn’t care about loyalty. When an employee in their field is paid more than others doing the same job, they’ll just let you go and call it a reduction in force. It happened annually, either just before or after reviews.
Leidos does a nice job with actively seeking and trying new ways to engage with employees. The work is challenging and stressful from time to time, but it’s the little things the company does that make it worth while. My colleagues are the best and that is the icing on the cake. I’ve turned down other opportunities because of the friendly culture.
Pros
Work remote options
Cons
Very busy during close
For a while, I worked 7 days a week because weekend coverage didn't show up to perform their jobs. Management allowed this behavior to persist. Benefits started out ok, but became increasingly overpriced. Some managers were supportive, but most didn't care how often the job bled into personal time.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
no work/life balance
I worked for them just over 5 years and in that time I filled many gaps and wore way too many hats. My salary did not keep up with inflation and I was told I was capped at my current salary which was not enough to qualify to get an apartment within 30 min of the office. Expected to work long hours, and the teams were poorly managed barely making deadlines and only making it because we often stayed late after work to make sure projects went out.
Pros
None.
Cons
No bonuses, maximum 2% salary increases per year, high deductible health insurance with high premiums.
The job is physically demanding but the compensation is commensurate with the position and job description. I would recommend someone that is physically able bodied for the position
Best company I've ever worked for. I work embedded with the government client. If you can work without direction and produce - great! If you need help, they provide it. Results = rewards. Just the right mix of leaving me to do what I do best and keeping me in the corporate fold. Best benefits ever. Wish I had bought their stock sooner. Corporate types know what they are doing, and hire employees who know what they need to do for success.
Pros
Macro management.
Cons
Sometime not enough contact w/corporate.
Pay and benefits are way below industry/government averages. Very hostile work environment with many in management being well known abusers. The focus on the company is on keeping the government contract rather than on innovation, serving the customer or patients. Raises don't keep up with inflation, so even top performers essentially get pay cuts every year. They keep cutting benefits. Lots of employee churn for new hires, but older staff who still have the pay and benefits from the early days are happy.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay, hostile environment
  1. Employee Reviews