Leidos Employee Reviews

Good
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Northern Virginia Regional Park, VAMarch 16, 2019
Good place to work and learn. I have learned a lot while working at this company. I have increased by knowledge in LINUX, Bash Scripts, SQL queries, and examining logs and database to trouble shoot errors found while testing JAVA based software
Benefits
Team Lead/ Administration Rep (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 13, 2019
Are great. Some of the management is not so great. they offer a lot of incentives for their employees also. I enjoy working for the company and hope to pursue other opportunities.
Good overall, some bad programs
GEOSPATIAL ANALYST / SENSOR OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2019
Leidos overall seems to be a great company to work for. However, some of the programs within Leidos are lacking in leadership continuity and despite having been around for years, feel as if they were formed just yesterday.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Very Frustrating
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 11, 2019
The workplace culture is very mundane. The morale is very low and very few people are appreciated for going over and beyond their roles and responsibilities.
Excellent Company
Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 6, 2019
Leidos is a great place to work with and excellent place to enhance your skill set, work with others in a challenging workplace culture. Excellent Company!
Typical
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDFebruary 28, 2019
Mostly contract wok, when contract ends people tend to get stressed. The company tends to operate like hundreds of small companies under one umbrella.
Pros
Long contract
Cons
Not good at plugging people into other positions
Official response from Leidos
March 4, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! As you mention, it can be very difficult to move people from one project to another. We would welcome your feedback on ways to improve! You can offer feedback and ideas through your HR support team.

Productive and fast paced learning experience
Help Desk Analyst Tier I Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Overall a well rounded experience with the company who is willing to teach their new employees new experiences as well as having a comfortable work environment
diverse and fun place to work at
Software Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 27, 2019
Leidos is a fun and diverse place to work at. All the stuff are friendly and will go extra mile to help you succeed at work place and in life in general.
inexperienced teams with absentee seniors
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 27, 2019
Management was really nice, but overall unresponsive to concerns. The two teams I worked on were very independent and small, mostly staffed with new college hires. Overall, there was too little seniority and experience within the development teams and seniors were unreachable.
Logistic Specialist
Supply Technician/ Government contractor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2019
Ship and receive mission important equipment.
Maintain an 100% inventory
Forklift
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Customer Service
Attend weekly team meetings to provide status and receive information.
Know what you're getting into
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2019
I work for Leidos as a contractor. My first contracting job. Not happy with it. No job security. Contractors are treated like step-kids. Leidos' interest is their client - the government. Government pays top dollar for contractor services (they're interested in contractor skills, not giving them health benefits) Leidos gives employees a fraction of what they're paid. Contractor gets played on both ends - by the government and Leidos. Better to have a job that pays good money and cares enough about employees to also provide health benefits. Leidos provides benefits but robs you on salary.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
No raises - ever. Wasn't aware of that before I took the job.
It was ok
BUILDMASTER & SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 21, 2019
- The hardest part of the job was working with management.
- Management in my area was very critical, provided very little support and did not want to be included as part of the team so there was no one to share information or brainstorm with. I always felt as if I was walking on eggshells every day. I was not the only one that felt this way.
-The part I of the position I enjoyed the most was coding. I was able to get into my work and block the rest of the world out.
Benefits
Cons
Management and the commute.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 18, 2019
A fast paced work environment. Team oriented. Provides Executive Support to senior level Directors/Deputies, including managing the calendar, ensured appropriate briefing materials were provided, and coordinated logistics to make sure that they were able to conduct their responsibilities promptly and efficiently.
Pros
A fast paced work environment. Team oriented
Cons
commute
Poor management, employees left hanging
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 15, 2019
No one to turn to when problems come up. HR says all the right words, but does nothing. Basics of management not performed, allowing problems to fester. No follow up, employee must initiate all conversations. Attitude of mgmt is do whatever, put up with whatever, just don't rock the boat. Overt discrimination tolerated. Verbal abuse of Leidos employees by government employees ignored. Hostility if you request earned time off, HR does nothing to address.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Innumerable, high turnover at NIH
JR. PROGRAMMER / ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Staff and management were great! They were constantly involved with our well-being and ensured the employees were treated properly, including any concerns that we may had.
Pros
Excellent team environment
ALL SOURCE TARGETING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 7, 2019
Leidos is a great place to work. It was my first contractor job after my military service. I felt that my salary and job opportunity was on level with the skill set i came to the company with.
See below
Sr. Program manager (Former Employee) –  beavercreek, ohioFebruary 6, 2019
Extremely focused work requirement clearly defined for each program. As a manager, we are all give autonomous power to bring the program forward to a successful conclusion. Management is very helpful in supporting the team in order to effectively conclude each program within budget, in time and profitable.
Great place to work surrounded by committed professionals
Executive Assistant to the GC / Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2019
My typical work day is usually pretty busy supporting two senior executives, their direct reports and team members. Daily tasks include report and document preparation (using MS Suite applications), calendar and travel management, expense reporting, answering and directing calls, and several other common administrative tasks. Additionally, I provide management support to include ensuring supplies are stocked and ordered, arranging maintenance, and overseeing logistical requirements. I have progressed in this company from a junior level receptionist/administrative position to the most senior administrative billet supporting the CEO. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the amazing team of professionals I am so fortunate to work with.
Working as a consultant has been a very good experience
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 3, 2019
I work as an independent consultant.
I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week on a project and it varies from project to project.
I travel all over the states to provide support for hospitals and clinics with new software.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
A good start
Junior Machine Learning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milford Mill, MDFebruary 1, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Leidos, which is so far around two years. It was a good start, I'm looking for a different position now as a means of diversifying my work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leidos. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Leidos.

Powered by Comparably