Lending Club Employee Reviews

Had Amazing Culture
xpMEMBER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2017
LendingClub when I first started had amazing people and an amazing culture like many startups. Once they went public, the culture started to shift more like a bank (but they were trying to avoid becoming a mini bank). They hired upper management from big corporates to help LendingClub during a crisis. The employees who stayed throughout the whole process but were not high enough level in the company were put aside. LendingClub overall is a great place to start if you do not have a job but do not expect any advancement.
Great place to work!
Operations Supervisor- Member Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2017
It's been a great place to work and I have really enjoyed my experience. Great people, fast paced environment, what more could you ask for! Culture is great!
Amazing people and Culture
Buyer/Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2017
One of my favorite companies to work for and the culture is inviting. Able to work with all parts of the company to achieve company goals. Great Exposure.
Great workplace culture but its hard to move up within the company
INVESTOR OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2017
Some departments are more structure than others. I have experienced my best manager and worst manger just by changing departments. This company has grown exponentially within the last 5 years but there are some stagnant managers/supervisors bottle necking the advancement of their employees due to their own poor performance.

There are kitchens on every floor with an array of quality snacks, noodles, fruit and beverages including healthy options.

This company has some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.
Cons
Company shares vest after 4+ years
Great culture
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2017
lending club is a great company to work for. I company culture is amazing and the management team tries hard to make their employees comfortable . The can be very repetitive and less challenging . Lack of growth opportunities .
Pros
great culture
Cons
few opportunities for growth
Not worth your time
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2017
They don't invest in their employees. You're just a number to them. Too much company politics and they never want you to transfer anywhere else because your immediate superior is stuck too when it comes to their careers.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Mocro managing, very little pay, no career movement, politics
Great work life balance
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2017
Lending Club is a great mix of finance and tech industry employment. There's plenty of room for growth and opportunity to explore fields and departments you probably would not have considered. The environment is welcoming and the management are down to earth seeing as they all have worked their way up to management from an entry level position.
Living the dream
Payment Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
I was not sure what I was getting myself into, but definitely an overall good experience. The everyday job can be monotonous, but the people I see at work makes the experience enjoyable.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unclear expecations
Could have been great
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2017
Great Idea that was ruined. It started off very promising and quickly spiraled out of control. .......................................................
Big company setting
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Very formal organization. Can find All the standard practices in that company. During the time I am here, the company has experiences big ups and downs, so it is hard to generalize. People are generally friendly. After the financial incident in May, 2017, many people have left, but the majority of the engineers hired in the previous year are still in. It will be interesting to see how long the company can keep all of them.
Friendly environment with all the perks!
PAYMENT SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  SF, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Lending Club has turned out to be one of my favorite places to work. They provide some of the best perks, like full medical coverage, free messages to free healthy snacks all day!! They people i have had the chance to work with have been absolutely wonderful and so friendly. I have honestly not met one negative person at Lending Club.
Pros
Free snacks, massages, medical
Ok Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 13, 2017
I think Lending Club corporate is much different that Patient Solutions Division. So this only applies to Patient Solutions Division.

Great people and co-workers everyone is trying to do a good job

Management has very un-realistic growth expectations, company has missed sales goals 3 years in row, however the number goes up every year.
Pros
Great work environment, lots of snacks, 100% healthcare coverage
Cons
bad management
Great working culture
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2016
LendingClub has a great culture in which management is always trying to make the work environment better. Every day, you learn something new because each case will be different.
Once an amazing job is now one where everyone is leaving
Member Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2016
Lending Club has amazing benefits. Paid health insurance, free food, PTO and the people they hire are usually great.

I work as a Member Support Representative and basically its just a call center. As such we are treated as the lowest on the totem pole. The entire Operations department is pretty low.

The job is extremely metrics driven but not all of the metrics correlate. You would think when the QA team give you scores it would match the customers experience, but its not.

There is something called adherence. Basically a set schedule you have to be on to take calls. If you divert from it you lose points. It is so heavily weighted that a person can take more calls than everyone, get a higher score and customer satisfaction, but if their adherence is low they will be ranked lower. Not efficient at all.

The pay is good for the work and the benefits are great. There is currently no room for advancement due to the scandal the company had several months ago. 12% of the company was laid off due to it and without warning.

Management is not in touch with the workers. They continually give us more information to be as vague as possibly to the customers to avoid any legal action, to the point that it is hampering our ability to actually help the customers.

Lending Club used to be an amazing job that I actually enjoyed, but it is going downhill so fast that pretty much everyone is looking for a better job now.
Pros
Free food, good benefits, close to bart
Cons
Metrics, management, low morale.
Productive, lots of teamwork towards a common goal, many perks
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2016
Lending Club was a great place to work. It has taught me a lot about the tech and financial world. I plan to continue and grow in the same field. I have learned account management skills as well as how to review legal financial documents with efficiency and quality. Management at Lending Club is very encouraging and greatly care for their employees growth and well being. The most difficult part of the job at lending club was the the uncertainty in the financial world and finding the day to day flexibility that came with it. With this came the ability to adapt and be flexible with my daily routine to overcome the slowest or busiest day seen in months. The most enjoyable part of Lending Club would be the amazing perks as well as transparency with the company. Management as well as co workers played a large roll in my growth with the company and my personal skill set.
It was good for a while
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 21, 2016
Medical benefits and perks are good. The people who work in Lending Club are what makes the company so great. I wish we could've rewarded those who have gone above and beyond with job security instead of laying them off. It sends a bad message to the current employees who are working hard to get a promotion.
Pros
People, work culture, great benefits
Cons
Low morale, no job security
Productive and funny to work
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2016
Training program for Credit Specialist role is very detailed, attentive, and engaged with new hires. Management and coworkers are very nice, helpful.
My job is to learn the procedures and process to review personal loans, review documents (W2's, paystubs, gov't issued ID's and utility bills). The hardest part of my role is stay focused, get good and be accurate more efficient at reviewing loans. Quality comes with quantity as well
Fast Pace and great facility
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2016
Peer to peer lending is a fairly new market so with that comes lots of trial and error. Nothing is consistent and the communication between departments is very poor. Growth and hiring schemes are unstable. Aside from that, compensation, benefits and work life balance was satisfactory. The work is draining but you receive breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Overall if things turn around and they find some stability, Lending Club will not be a bad company to work for two years down the line.
Pros
location, compensation free snacks/drinks. Juice bar/barista on site
Cons
Job security, department communication, and overall company stability
Good work environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2016
Unstable company but good work environment. I love the people I work with but I'm not a fan of the extreme micromanagement.
Cool culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 6, 2016
Ok place to work. Upbeat and young. Stock options but now the stock in the Red.Benefits are good. Managers need some changes.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
CEO had to step down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lending Club. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2