LendingTree Employee Reviews

Great Perceived Culture but reality is all too corporate
N/A (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2019
It is professed that you have great autonomy and can work in a fast paced startup mentality. The casual clothes and beer socials make it seem a great place till you get to know the counter culture. There are many masquerading in shorts and T-shirts with political selfish agendas and a corporate outlook. Competition amongst different teams and backstabbing "clicky" counterproductive activities occur daily with unnecessary drama. Autonomy of design and creativity is not allowed. Everything is a focus on speed and not quality and anyone who works to create truly outstanding work is shunned and eventually leaves.
Pros
Subsidized Unhealthy lunch, free snacks and beer
Cons
Worst management team I've ever worked under
They really help develop my mortgage knowledge
Mortgage Broker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2019
Work on leads that were sent in via email or phone calls. I would normally follow up with any outstanding business from the day before. Make sure i contact every lead that i had spoken with previously.
Pros
Very nice facility
Cons
To long of a process
Management SUCKS
Sales and Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Ok place to work, shows favoritism. If your not meeting quota job will not last for you, they lie saying they will switch you to different department but will fire you first! Management sucks
Pros
Pay is awesome benefits good
Cons
Don’t want you to miss any days even for emergency, bad management !
Cool Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2018
Great job for people who like a relaxed environment. The pay is decent and benefits are offered. Overall a nice place to work with good a good management team.
Relaxed Atmosphere Low Pay
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Low stress, relaxed job with a starting pay of $14 hours for inbound call center rep. You do have the opportunity for monthly bonuses depending on your performance but with the growing staff it is increasingly difficult to predict if you will hit those goals. Never received a raise but you do get bi annual bonuses as well equivalent to your 2 week salary as long as you are meeting the minimum requirements. Health insurance is good as well as stock options and 401k but with the low salary it can become expensive to have all of those deductions coming out of your pay. You can wear what you want and can surf the net and watch movies in between calls as long as its not abused. Management /Supervisors are great and are not always looking over your shoulders.
Pros
Atmosphere, monthly bonus
Cons
starting salary, no raises
Incredible opportunities
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2018
LendingTree empowers its employees to succeed - if an employee has an idea, they are encouraged to pursue that idea. LendingTree is a disruptor in its field, moves quickly and offers a lot of flexibility for employees. But it’s also big on accountability, goals and objectives, keeping everyone on the same page. The benefits are great, and all employees are shareholders. But at the end of the day, the culture is what makes LendingTree so special.
Pros
Unlimited paid time off, casual environment, incredible people, strong brand
Micro Manage Call Center
Outbound Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 22, 2018
Poor Management skills for the so call Leaders of the Call Center and they micro manage the employees. People are leaving to fulfill their worth as a person at this Company.
Pros
Lunches are $3.00
Cons
Health Care, Vision, Pto
Poor Mangement
Outbound Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2018
Poor Managers that used abusive language toward employees on the floor. I was told I could advance after 6 months then told by Human Resources that I would have to spend at least a year in the Call Center due to their loss of several major clients
Inbound Call Center
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2018
• Managed calls from customers, lenders, and retail clients
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills and driven to get results
• Completed customer service training regarding operational policies and procedures
• Adhered to strict timeliness and accuracy
Good
Escrow Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
People are nice. Sometimes we would have to stay over time to get the job done. The best part of the day was going home on Fridays. Worst part was the stress of people who could not get the job done.
Developed management experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2018
Great work experience. Surepoint Lending was acquired by Lending Tree Loans. I always exceeded sales goals. I enjoy working on commission because I find it gratifying in a certain way.
Good company with decent work/life balance
Search Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with the nice people in Charlotte, NC, and the company was very good at maintaining a healthy work-life balance. The pay wasn't bad either.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Not so great mid-level managers
Good Company
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2018
This company is good place to work and offered decent compensation and great benefits.
The opportunities for management was there as well and also paid well
Pros
stable job
Cons
decent compensation
Inclusive environment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2018
Lending Tree has made it difficult for me to move forward because I love working there. The atmosphere is great and they are accommodating with genuine concern for the well-being of their employees. However, the desire to work with the public in the previous area of my work experiences and academic expertise is much greater. I am ready to return to public service.
Pros
Discounted catered lunches and continental breakfast amenities
finance finance finance.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2018
Coming to work on time is very important , showing the level of respect for your company and your fellow colleges. performing your job with the best intentions and quality that you can provide. learning from co-workers is an advantage. And should be two sided. As for management I think an open door policy and transparency is a key to successful and smooth relation ship between Management and employees. Family atmosphere because we all are humans and together and as team is much better for each one at the end. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communications. and being a part of the team and perform well is so enjoyable as being an effective part of the team.
Pros
making money
Cons
market roles and fast.
great place to work
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there it was a challenge to it and we had an opportunity to make decent money. at the same time we were helping people as well which im all for. I hate the way things went I was treated unfairly.
Pros
opportunity to make decent money
Cons
they dont give raises and promotes their favorites instead of the more qualified people.
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Lending Tree was a joy to work for. I started out temporary and was hired on permanent. I worked answering phones, helping departments on special projects and was always very busy.

Enjoyed working there and Management was wonderful. Unfortunately Lending Tree went out of business in the Charlotte Area during the bank slump and I was unemployed.

Would still be with the company if it still existed in Charlotte.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Great pleace to thrive
Costa Mesa Loan Specialist-Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I like that everything was clean, great people, helpful managers, onsite cafeteria, subsidised candy and soda machines, amazing company events. Over all great culture and environment while it lasted.
Pros
It was close to my home
Cons
the market crashed
Excellent Company to work
Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2017
Excellent Management and good working culture. implement all new technologies and all open source tools
Interesting Line of Work
Outbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2017
Contact center culture is no longer family oriented, more cut throat every man for themselves. Typical day is 8 or 9 hours long, sometimes overtime is offered, but not often. If you're new hire, you will always work Saturdays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LendingTree. Our community is ready to answer.