LendingTree

LendingTree Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews
I've worked for LendingTree for several years. Overall, LendingTree was a great job during the time I was there. I've only left because I went from having a job to stepping back into a career. There are limited advancement options within the company. What you see is simply what you get. I was informed of that when I've taken the job 4 years ago. Overall, it was a great opportunity during the rocky economy; therefore, I was grateful to have a job and means to pay my bills. The pay is far from enough for the work. The manages were mostly children when I left, all much younger than myself. The managers were still trying to learn their job roles and how to manage people. It was definitely a learning experience.The department did not lack diversity which is a plus. You always have time to interact with others and learn their culture. You will have plenty of free time while you work, so I suggest you get a Netflix - Hulu or some movie subscription. Or if you are looking to get your college degree - definitely bring your work to do during your down time. Other than Monday's, you'll have 40%-50% of down time.
Not to horrible, not great either . I guess I would recommend to start but don’t be there more than a year it’s boring restrictive and suffocating Go if you want to
So, this is primarily a sales job, with a sales atmosphere. While it is fun and exciting, you do have a quota to meet and you have to remain consistant. You are the middle man between the potential customer and the licensed specialist. It is not always easy to get the customer over to the specialist ready to do business.
You were set up to fail daily. No opportunity for advancement. Departments were not cohesive. The workplace culture was negative and cliques were very prevalent. Not an enjoyable job and company to be a part of.
No true growth, Just a job, not a career. The catered meals aren’t to bad, they do not micro-manage. Typical day taking call, pretty chill but boring.
Pros
Benefits, $3 catered meals, work from home.
Cons
Boring, no growth within company, some rude customers sometimes, and pay
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The company encourages continuing education and invests in its workforce actively with online courses and rewards for meeting goals. The workplace culture is really diverse which makes the time spent working much more enjoyable than any other job I ever had.
Good benefits but the new comp plan implemented in July 2019 was a real balloon-popper as it deflated the entire moral of the sales force Naturally they changed the comp plan after I got hired Very stressful customer base of broken people with sub-par credit scores
You don't get no raises only a monthly commission and that's based on your call transfers. They do not promote from within and there is no room for growth.
If you are used to making over $50k per year, then I would think hard about working for this company. They dangle a carrot in front of you the whole time. You hardly ever make the money you intended to make. If you are not the breadwinner in your household and your okay with making minimum wages most of the time then I would recommend. Otherwise find a better job! There definitely out there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You don't make very much
LendingTree was full of talented individuals who were strongly driven. They liked to both work and play hard. The environment is complex and was a challenge to work with, but rewarding.

The hardest part of the job was inheriting old, dying hardware running misson-critical servers and the management of old software applications that were critical to the company, but had little or no previous documentation. There was a slight learning curve to some of their legacy software and business workflows. You will be expected to work as long as is necessary to get the job done. Another challenge, was the lack of staff and there was no on-call rotation. You are always on-call. That all being said, if you stay on top of your work, keep things maintained and get stuff done quickly, you will be rewarded.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Everyone there was so much fun to work with. There will always be politics in the workplace but LendingTree had very, very little. Everyone was there to get work done and working together is HIGHLY encouraged.

Overall, I would highly recommend this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LendingTree?
A typical day at Lending Tree is real laid back the manager are easy going and down to earth. No micromanaging as long as you show up everyday and do what is required of you.
I worked at LendingTree for nearly a year and it was by far one of the best places that I have worked. The work culture is relaxed and fun. We did receive monthly commission in addition to our base pay. The benefits were great and everyone was nice and respectful. Management always provided feedback on performance and ways to improve. I would definitely work for the company again. The only negative was that because of commission there weren’t options to increase annual salary and starting out, u work weekends (Saturday only) and getting weekends off is based on performance, attendance and other factors. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
$3.00 lunches, Annual Christmas party, relaxed work environment
Cons
Working weekends, no pay raises or much room for advancement in the company
Although I sued and won a money judgment against Lending Tree, they unlawfully refuse to pay it.

Pros
big name
Cons
unethical
It is professed that you have great autonomy and can work in a fast paced startup mentality. The casual clothes and beer socials make it seem a great place till you get to know the counter culture. There are many masquerading in shorts and T-shirts with political selfish agendas and a corporate outlook. Competition amongst different teams and backstabbing "clicky" counterproductive activities occur daily with unnecessary drama. Autonomy of design and creativity is not allowed. Everything is a focus on speed and not quality and anyone who works to create truly outstanding work is shunned and eventually leaves.
Pros
Subsidized Unhealthy lunch, free snacks and beer
Cons
Worst management team I've ever worked under
Pretty decent company to work for, would recommend if you want a relaxed place to work. they have commission bonuses and other goals you can achieve, but no pay raises
Work on leads that were sent in via email or phone calls. I would normally follow up with any outstanding business from the day before. Make sure i contact every lead that i had spoken with previously.
Pros
Very nice facility
Cons
To long of a process
Ok place to work, shows favoritism. If your not meeting quota job will not last for you, they lie saying they will switch you to different department but will fire you first! Management sucks
Pros
Pay is awesome benefits good
Cons
Don’t want you to miss any days even for emergency, bad management !
Great job for people who like a relaxed environment. The pay is decent and benefits are offered. Overall a nice place to work with good a good management team.
Low stress, relaxed job with a starting pay of $14 hours for inbound call center rep. You do have the opportunity for monthly bonuses depending on your performance but with the growing staff it is increasingly difficult to predict if you will hit those goals. Never received a raise but you do get bi annual bonuses as well equivalent to your 2 week salary as long as you are meeting the minimum requirements. Health insurance is good as well as stock options and 401k but with the low salary it can become expensive to have all of those deductions coming out of your pay. You can wear what you want and can surf the net and watch movies in between calls as long as its not abused. Management /Supervisors are great and are not always looking over your shoulders.
Pros
Atmosphere, monthly bonus
Cons
starting salary, no raises
LendingTree empowers its employees to succeed - if an employee has an idea, they are encouraged to pursue that idea. LendingTree is a disruptor in its field, moves quickly and offers a lot of flexibility for employees. But it’s also big on accountability, goals and objectives, keeping everyone on the same page. The benefits are great, and all employees are shareholders. But at the end of the day, the culture is what makes LendingTree so special.
Pros
Unlimited paid time off, casual environment, incredible people, strong brand
Poor Management skills for the so call Leaders of the Call Center and they micro manage the employees. People are leaving to fulfill their worth as a person at this Company.
Pros
Lunches are $3.00
Cons
Health Care, Vision, Pto
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LendingTree. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight