Lendmark Financial Services Employee Reviews

Difficult High stress work environment
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 11, 2018
Worked almost 20 years with Americans General/Springleaf-loved my job. Not anymore since Office now Lendmark. No work life balance. Claim to be Employer of choice?? That’s a joke. They’re not! Unheard of delinquency goals that just about guarantees you working Saturdays. Force you to sell un needed insurance products and “extras” to customers that already struggle to make it. The only plus here is the pay and that’s only because I attained that with previous owners. If I could give this company a zero rating that’s EXACTLY what they deserve!
Cons
Everything!
Good place to work.
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 8, 2018
Good place to work. Can be stressful at times. There is a lot to learn in a very short period. There is always something to do and you will never get bored.
long hrs
Loan Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 31, 2018
Your day went by fast due to the work volume, but you were micro manage by your supervisors on a regular and breaks are monitored daily no matter what.
Pros
friendly
Cons
managers had the picks on employees
Terrible Place to Work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  CaOctober 25, 2018
They’re always focused on the negative. Even when your successful. I was successful and still felt my job could be terminated at any moment. A couple bad months in DQ and nothing you’ve ever done matters. A ham for the holidays doesn’t make up for a year of anxiety and lack of support. Marketing is a joke. The systems are ridiculously out dated. Training is weak or non existent. STAY AWAY! Not the employer of choice.
underwriter
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 9, 2018
The company is a small town business. their target market are the under bank individuals, however Lendmark has extreme predatory practices. They department where I worked was run by the boys club with extreme levels of unprofessional behaviors who were tolerated by management.
Focused on Acquistions to go public, not people
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 5, 2018
There were inconsistent demands/policies with very little training or inclusion of anyone except the branch manager. Focus was on collecting. Extremely stressful due to lack of staff to support operations. Paperwork was too extensive to complete with the focus on collection calls. Unable to develop business outside of already known relationships due to being stuck in office. Mundane and redundant. Very little autonomy and a severe lack of leadership. The only title that seemed to matter was the Branch Manager.
Pros
Decent Salary for the Industry
Cons
Culture, Focus, Leadership, Training.
To Each Its Own
ASM (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAOctober 4, 2018
My experience with Lendmark Financial overall is good. I personally do not want to work in finance any longer. Upper management can be unrealistic at times. If you have the ability to sell products to people who honestly aren't in a position to purchase it in the first place, then you'll fit in perfectly!
Productive and fun
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 29, 2018
Lendmark is overall a decent company to work for. Lots of paid time off and very accommodating of your personal life. Pay is okay. If you have a good manager you will love the job. However, most offices do not have good managers. They are honestly incompetent. Most of them only got their jobs because they are in cahoots with upper management. Most of the branches in my area are in the red and it is a direct reflection of the branch managers. They have no clue on how to run an office and are very shady. Luckily I had a good manager.

Very repetitive! Everyday you come in and check internet apps and work existing credit applications, make collection calls when the payment is two days past due, take walk in/mail in payments, and close loans. You have to be tough to do well in this company. Can't take no for an answer when it comes to collecting payments. Most of the customers are nice but there is a good percent that are absolutely disgusting! They will curse you out and hang the phone up on you for just doing your job. Cannot take the job personal or you won't be happy working here. On the last day of the month you are REQUIRED to stay until 9pm calling customers over and over again to get payments. That's annoying. The computer systems are dinosaurs. They freeze up all the time and the comapny switched to a new system that's even worse.

Lots of perks like discounts on tickets and vacations. Quarterly Bonuses if you are in a good branch. The comapny sends you a holiday honey baked ham every Christmas which is kind of cool. Different office events for the holiday. Relaxed
  more... business casual attire is a plus. Can make your desk feel at home. The health insurance SUCKS so avoid going to doctors. And sometimes you get free lunches.  less
Pros
Work life balance, mon-fri 830-530, can eat at your desk, occasional free lunches
Cons
Awful management, pay could be a little higher, lacks diversity
Lendmark is a growing company and has branches across the US.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYSeptember 23, 2018
This is a very fast growing company that is looking to keep up with that growth. We have branch from coast to coast. The upper management is always willing to work with the employees, you are made to feel like you are valuable and not just a number. They want to hear from employees and what they have to say so that the company will be the best it can be.
unorganized
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
unorganized and shady. Unrealistic goals and always wanting reports daily that take up so much time, then wonder why you haven't got other stuff done. Systems are dinosaurs..
Great place to work.
District Division Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2018
It was a great place to work all upper Management were understanding if you had to ask off for an event at your child's school. If you had a Doctor Appointment they were also understanding. I really enjoyed all the people I worked with and had the opportunity to meet.
Pros
Vacation days, Friendly Management, Free lunches
Cons
sometimes two Saturdays a month are required based on the overall office performance.
lendmark
Loan consultant (Former Employee) –  fayetteville ncAugust 21, 2018
there are daily goals and monthly goals that must be met to meet bonuses every quarter. some days can be hectic but if you have the right team and everyone works together, it makes the days easier
I loved my co-workers/ Management suck!!
COPS (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAAugust 11, 2018
I loved my co-workers but the management is horrible especially in COPS! You can not trust any of them, they plot behind the employees back and they show favoritism. Most definitely isn't the lender of choice or the employer of choice. They are constantly finding ways to get over on the customers.
Pros
Co-workers
Full Time Expendable
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 31, 2018
They will give you promises beyond your wildest dreams but send you right to the inner rings of He|| as soon as you're employed. You have impossible goals, ridiculous collection targets, terrible management support, constant berating, threat of job loss, long hours, 6 day work week, answer for loans your predecessors made, ridiculous and cliche sports analogies about progress, shameful upper management behavior (having relations with subordinates), sociopathic view on work/life balance and forced failure. They will purposely short staff your office and evaluate goals on full staff if they "need a reason". Abandon all hope, soul and life ye who enter here.
Pros
False Hope
Cons
Truth
Na
Personal Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJune 28, 2018
The company itself was a great company to work for. The management at my office was not very good. The office did not work as a team and was very competitive. The manage did not want to run the business the lendmark way. I lendmark was also supposed to be family oriented but was differently not that way a least at the office I worked at. The manager there was the worse manager I have ever worked for.
n/a
Assistant Manager, Loan Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 10, 2018
Lendmark is a great company but is in a development stage. They have a lot of work to do regarding their training processes. Once that is mastered, it will be a much better company for new employees.
No longer love my job
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 8, 2018
I had worked for Springleaf Financial for 10 years and loved it. They recently sold to Lendmark Financial & I have found that it’s time for me to leave
family comes last
Branch Manager /Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 2, 2018
no sympathy or concern about family time or lack there of. often scolded or punished if sick or have a sick child. Management talks the talk but doesn't follow their own rules.
Difficult work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 31, 2018
High stress. Promised option of bonus but never received a bonus. I do understand the new manager that was there only a month when I left brought the office up to bonus level. Previous manager was completely out of control and took an act of God to get her out.
Cons
Mandatory Saturday morning and a few evenings
Very busy office and work is never slow
Loan Consultant II I (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 28, 2018
The Fredericksburg office is very busy. Phones and fax machine rings all day. We can make peoples days and then we can not. Its a cut throat finance world we have to unfortunately deny some people. There is never a dull moment. There I sick leave, vacations, and earned incentives.