Lennar Corporation Employee Reviews

Awful work life
Sr. designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Lennar's big keyword is Family. but they don't treat employees personal. Traditionalism creates distance between a company that "Family" doesn't fit. they failed!
Pros
salary and benefits are acceptable.
Cons
management, leadership, and culture is terrible.
Work setting was in a model home or out in the community.
New Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX,June 18, 2018
Lennar is currently the largest new home builder in the US. It is a great company where the money to be made can be endless, especially in Texas for obvious economic reasons, however the hours necessary to meet goals were too endless. It's a great company to work for if you don't need weekends off and work/life balance is not a priority.
Pros
Great income!
Cons
Long hours and working every weekend is non negotiable.
It's been so long, I don't recall very much
New Home Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2018
I was there during the housing market downturn so there were several restructures which I managed to survive, but meant I was moved around a lot. The office staff I worked with was friendly.
fun
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 9, 2018
very fun environment. typically the day just consist of answering phones and dealing with a wide variety of people. I learned a lot atmy time at Lennar.
Awesome Place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2018
Loved working here. Had to leave for personal reasons. Would love to go back. Lennar gives back to their employees. The CEO is eccentric but values hard-working, dedicated employees. Loads of employee benefits, generous PTO, work-life balance. Skills training.
Pros
Great Comp and Benefits
Cons
Productive, fun, and great workplace.
Engineer - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 28, 2018
Lennar is a hugely productive, fun, and great workplace. It’s a great place to create a career with lasting friendships. All opinions and input is taken into account for consideration.
Overworked, but good for advancement
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
Lennar is a great place to grow within a company. There is often more work than can be done without enough time though. It's a booming economy, and they are trying to keep up.
First rate training program
New Homes Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 20, 2018
Great place to start building a career in new home sales - the training program is excellent
Management at all levels changed several times during my tenure. With each change, protocols and policies also changed, making it difficult to conduct business with efficiency and consistency.
Communication between departments was virtually non-existent.
Pros
great training
Cons
poor communication and support from management
Grossly mismanaged
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2018
Heavily based on cliquish behavior and gossip. Managers are just figureheads set up to do upper managements dirty work. Upper management are disconnected from reality and cover for the less competent in upper management. Coworkers are mind numbingly dumb while other senior staff manipulates them by spreading gossip. Don't even think about voicing concerns because HR will quickly show you the door. Steer clear of this place.
Cons
Terribly managed at all levels
Watch your back
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2018
Weak leadership. No accountability. And you get thrown under the buss for your co-workers lack of planning and poor execution. Lots of freedom and good work life balance. However, lots of drama and no support
Work environment encourages bullying
Regional Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 13, 2018
The Division President of the IE division publicly humiliated me in a meeting because i was 10 minutes late due to a road closure, something i could not control. I am not normally late. When people are late to a meeting he makes them sing in front of everyone.
Poor Middle Management
Purchasing Estimator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2018
Middle management is run very poorly - lack of communication and no understanding of what your job actually requires. Unrealistic demands are put on us to perform, when management (other than my direct boss) doesn't know a thing about our job.
Pros
Work Culture isn't terrible, the people that work around me are good people to work with
Cons
Pay is well below industry average, no bonuses or incentives, only get a small cost of living raise each year, very little room to advance in the company unless your are willing, to move to a different division or state
Meh
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2018
It's alright.Could be better. Work is work. What more can one say. The turnover is higher than the retention rate. No point in staying for a 3 % match on pension, when they make up for it by screwing you over on pay.
Pros
Company dinners
Cons
Career ladder
Job
Division Manager, Customer Care / Safety Coord (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 8, 2018
Market fell out. 8 years and no pay increase. Many Division Mangers, high turn over rate of employees. Not enough employee's to cover the State of VA.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
The company too many demands, skeleton crew left at work.
Great work experience and room to learn
Junior UC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 2, 2018
Great place to learn and improve on your skills. They have most of the current and latest Cisco products. the work environment is excellent and very comfortable. I enjoy working here.
It was an good place to work
Account Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2018
As a contractor I had to leave the company when CalAtlantic was acquired by Lennar and the entire AP department dissolved even though I liked to work under their past paced and upbeat environment.
nice environment - nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 23, 2018
Overall, this was an interesting job in a new community. The staff was pleasant and there was a lot of interaction with the homeowners. Would have stayed if that were possible.
Great Culture
Sr. Builder (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2018
This job provided me with the most satisfaction. Highly competitive, lots of room for advancement. However, the housing market collapsed and with it, went younger employees jobs.
Great Company Culture
Regional Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
Great Company to work for. Great management. Good Benefits and lots of employee recognition. Always trying to build morale across the company.

Fun times.
Only employed as a temp but impressed
HR Processor (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 15, 2018
Day to day includes very mundane tasks. I am considered a temp and am reminded constantly that I am just that. No direction given toward whether I will become perm or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lennar Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.