Lennar Corporation Management reviews

No micromanaging, easy and quiet environment
Information System Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2018
My management team is remote, the work is rewarding and environment is eronomically sound.

Pay well and easily assessable by public transport or car.
Pros
socials, keeping associates involved with projects and processes
Cons
sometimes bland associates
Compensation lacking
Assistant Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2018
The company is the largest home builder in the USA but lacks to take care of those that work hard for them to continue being successful in their result driven company. Not very happy with having to ask for a pay raise and not even given any type of answer back. Upper management is to busy trying to make themselves look good and forget that the construction manager and assistant manager make everything happen.
Pros
Largest Home builder in USA
Cons
Pay is not well for assistants construction managers.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 31, 2018
Toxic environment, low morale, only received judgement and criticism, management is always too busy to hear out employees concerns or provide training.
Great company, poor culture
Purchasing Manager-Atlanta South Division (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 14, 2018
Lennar is a very well-run organization-just don't expect any warm and fuzzies while you are there. The culture is cold at best and there is an almost blind insistence on following regional directives at the cost of ignoring local circumstances. People are not encouraged to think outside the box.
Pros
Lennar is good at what it does - building quality homes
Cons
The company culture leaves a lot to be desired
Not enough time in the day!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2018
A never ending cycle of unresolved issues with no support from management and blame placement is always accompanied. A bad day is noticed more than a good day and management shows its true colors on a daily basis.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Micro managing at its finest without ownership of their responsibilities.
Awful work life
Sr. designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Lennar's big keyword is Family. but they don't treat employees personal. Traditionalism creates distance between a company that "Family" doesn't fit. they failed!
Pros
salary and benefits are acceptable.
Cons
management, leadership, and culture is terrible.
Awesome Place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2018
Loved working here. Had to leave for personal reasons. Would love to go back. Lennar gives back to their employees. The CEO is eccentric but values hard-working, dedicated employees. Loads of employee benefits, generous PTO, work-life balance. Skills training.
Pros
Great Comp and Benefits
First rate training program
New Homes Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 20, 2018
Great place to start building a career in new home sales - the training program is excellent
Management at all levels changed several times during my tenure. With each change, protocols and policies also changed, making it difficult to conduct business with efficiency and consistency.
Communication between departments was virtually non-existent.
Pros
great training
Cons
poor communication and support from management
Grossly mismanaged
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2018
Heavily based on cliquish behavior and gossip. Managers are just figureheads set up to do upper managements dirty work. Upper management are disconnected from reality and cover for the less competent in upper management. Coworkers are mind numbingly dumb while other senior staff manipulates them by spreading gossip. Don't even think about voicing concerns because HR will quickly show you the door. Steer clear of this place.
Cons
Terribly managed at all levels
Watch your back
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2018
Weak leadership. No accountability. And you get thrown under the buss for your co-workers lack of planning and poor execution. Lots of freedom and good work life balance. However, lots of drama and no support
Work environment encourages bullying
Regional Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 13, 2018
The Division President of the IE division publicly humiliated me in a meeting because i was 10 minutes late due to a road closure, something i could not control. I am not normally late. When people are late to a meeting he makes them sing in front of everyone.
Poor Middle Management
Purchasing Estimator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2018
Middle management is run very poorly - lack of communication and no understanding of what your job actually requires. Unrealistic demands are put on us to perform, when management (other than my direct boss) doesn't know a thing about our job.
Pros
Work Culture isn't terrible, the people that work around me are good people to work with
Cons
Pay is well below industry average, no bonuses or incentives, only get a small cost of living raise each year, very little room to advance in the company unless your are willing, to move to a different division or state
Job
Division Manager, Customer Care / Safety Coord (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 8, 2018
Market fell out. 8 years and no pay increase. Many Division Mangers, high turn over rate of employees. Not enough employee's to cover the State of VA.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
The company too many demands, skeleton crew left at work.
Great Company Culture
Regional Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
Great Company to work for. Great management. Good Benefits and lots of employee recognition. Always trying to build morale across the company.

Fun times.
Poor Management
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2018
Upper management has no idea of what it takes to build a good home. This company offers the lowest amount in pay. bonuses are paid once a year at the lowest amount.Not a good work environment.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything about this company, poor pay
Overworked under paid
Sr. Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 20, 2018
High pace work environment with the lack of immediate manager involvement. Inconsistency on directions or process from upper management. Constant learning of new programs and processes
Pros
Advance on streamlining processes and automation
Cons
Compensation -Lack of staff to fullfill volume of work
Results driven organization with a purpose.
New Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Lennar Homes has been a great company to work with. I have gained so much knowledge of the real estate business (Sales, marketing, property management, financing, appraisals, inspections etc) thanks to the high volume of sales transaction I have had to privilege to participate in. I have also gained in site into home building and construction.

Being part of new home sales is a very rewarding career not just because of the compensation but because of the impact you make on your customers lives. My favorite part of my role is helping first time home buyers find their dream home.

As with any sales organization you're expected to meet and or exceed your goals. Management and leadership will use your feedback to foster a positive work environment and give you the tools needed to be successful.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits. Rewarding career.
Cons
Work life balance.
Division Manager- Spacecoast Division (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2017
Salarly was above normal. Management was always helpful if you had a problem. Employee and Family gatherings. Employees gathering once a month. Continuing Education was applauded.
Pros
Salary was great
Cons
Long drive to office
I been with Lennar for several years, yes we work hard but we are all working for the same goal as a family and team!
New Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
Straight out of high school and as a part time job I worked for a builder developer. I was given the opportunity to grow with the company because of hard work and dedication. Truly content and excelling I believed I would retire there. Unfortunately, after the down turn of the market in SF in 2009 I was left unemployed. In my heart I thought I would never find a company I respected and loved to work for as much as I had previously... I LOVE LENNAR, management is amazing.. we all work towards the same goal giving 150% of what we can!
Pros
Many
Churn and Burn
Land Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2017
They eat you up and spit you out. Yelling, screaming and poor compensation are just daily life at Lennar. I would not go back there to work for my previous manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lennar Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight