Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, CTJanuary 7, 2018
Not a good place to work for any season except the summer where it tends to be the busiest time of year. Work hours come at a premium and I suggest working somewhere else than there. You'll thank me later.
Pros
Free food, and drink
Cons
No breaks
Not a place for expierenced cooks
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 10, 2017
Very basic cooking involved. Frying, grilling and saute. All dishes are made with no love or passion. Not a sanitized or clean working condition. Also nothing gets seasoned.. Would never recommend anyone to work there.
Sea bound
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2017
This was the first place I worked ever in a kitchen. It was laid back, accommodating and patient with my lack of skill. This place gave me overall confidence to seek more.
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Madison, CTJuly 8, 2017
The owner and majority of the management are extremely nice and friendly, always working with you to mkae sure your experience is great. The customers are almost always friendly and we rarely have issues. We have our regulars and our seasonals and they are all amazing.
Fast Paced, high volume work environment
Marketing and cook (Current Employee) –  Madison, CTFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work involves preparing the kitchen for daily tasks, cooking food to company specifications, and addressing any customer complaints. I've learned customer service skills, gained some knowledge on managing inventory, and how to prepare and cook several foods. The management is tough and expects a lot from you. Co-workers are generally fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job is no weekends off, no vacation, no holidays off (except xmas, thanksgiving, and easter), and the heat in the summer is ridiculous. The most enjoyable part of the job is when things are crazy but everyone is just laughing and having a good time working as a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, weekend hours, no time off in summer