This company thrives on the old IBM culture of politics and cronyism. 90% of managers are completely incompetent and rate you based on nearly pure subjective criteria. Job growth is a sad joke and the culture is very toxic.Salary is usually good to start, then quickly stagnates and falls behind industry average, while your responsibilities grow exponentially. Layoffs occur multiple times a year and have for many years now. Management leverages globalization as an argument to tell you that you don't deserve job growth, a shot at a promotion, or to be paid better despite those of us that pushed through the hard times to make our respective teams succeed.
The only people who thrive at Lenovo are the following groups:
1) People who are willing to become puppets and do whatever they are told, including working 12+ hours a day and frequent travel to China
2) Backstabbing clowns who throw people under the bus to hide their own incompetency and limitations
3) People who love suck-up corporate politics
4) People who continually monopolize conversations and have to be the loudest voice in the room
5) People who never admit that they're wrong or made a mistake
6) People who abuse their power, bully subordinates, and take credit for work they did not complete themselves
If you fit into at least one of these categories, Lenovo may be the place for you. If not, do take my advise and find a job elsewhere; this is just a fair warning.