Lenovo
72Above average

Lenovo Employee Reviews

United States350 reviews
No work life balance
No work life balance, since they are a Chinese company there are nightly meetings every night of the week
Great benefits

Good culture, friendly people, team is stressed
Stay away
This company is horribly managed and not a great work environment at all. People there are treated horribly and most of the time you are not fully trained. There is no incentives to improve yourself there. Most of the time management treats you like you don't know anything when its the other way around. The only positive experience I can say about the place is the people. Everything else was very poorly done.
some great people, No Growth, High Leadership Turnover resulting in identity crisis
In 5 Years I have only seen one internal promotion to a leadership position outside of China. Yet I have averaged a new boss every 18mos and a new 2nd line executive 3 times in 5 years. (this also includes Numerous Promotions outside my direct organization) Once you get here you don't grow, but when you get here grab the highest paying salary you can, your going to be in it for a while :)
Constant layoffs
Very silo'ed, saw some very good people being let go and good programs shut down. Seem to be losing market share. Not a fun work environment, although office space itself was geared to "collaboration" and quite nice. Frankly not sure how folks survive there.
Work day
Help customers understand their options for purchasing a new home or business computer letting them know what they need and guiding them to the correct product
Was very productive and busy when there were time for sales. Was a typical day driving from best buy to best buy or to a costco and check on the accounts and see how sales are doing.
great management team
A typical workday at Lenovo is very fast paced with that being said Lenovo's management team allows an individual to manage their own time. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
work life balance
How the overtime/ weekends are optional
Nice to have weekends off. And during peak season when overtime is available it’s optional not always mandatory. I feel like that keep the employees from getting burnt out. Job is simple to learn.
Depends on your team
This is a better place than fintech, but there are some concerns I have about the lack of opportunities for professional growth in the company. They have a weird habit of having contractors stay on for years without converting them. This seems suspect and possibly illegal.

The culture is good or bad depending on the team you work for. In my case I had a good experience, but there are some teams where this is not the case. Overall, however, it's definitely better than working in the financial industry.
Overall good
Lenovo is great. I just wish the admins were better compensated. We deserve way more for what we do. We work all kinds of hours. Different time zones. Always on call, so yea. We deserve better
The job its self it ok given my previous jobs. hardest thing for me was the manager who only cared for them selves. not all of them but most of them. to them you are just disposable that can be easily replaced
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
good people
co worker are very friendly and helpful all the time.
Advancement/transfering to become regular employee is very challenging.

incentives and bonuses are very strong
A high-energy company that values innovation
One thing you'll learn about Lenovo is that you never sit still. They value high energy engagements with projects and results that exceed expectations.
Great Company
I find it a diverse culture, I work in finance Lenovo is up on the expenses and their clients. lenovo mixes hard work and play when it comes down to celebrating their employees
Productive and the best place to work
Lenovo is a global company. There is a lot of opportunity to grow professionally. They value their employees, company culture, diversity, makes people continuously feel valued.
Big company that does not fully value employees
Global roles can be rough. Constant late calls that lead to burnout. High turnover with a push towards hiring younger and cheaper talent. Work life balance can be a problem. It seems there is a new boss every year. Quite stressful. The only thing that makes it ok is if you get in with a good team of people. However, that can change quickly. Not for the long haul. I'd say, get 3 years, and get out. This is a tough industry with very tight margins. Reductions generally occur every year. Feeling of security is weak. Do your homework on Lenovo. You can do better.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
new open work environment is a loud sardine can
Entrepreneurial environment
Great company to work with! The professionals at top caliber and great human beings. You keep always on the more with challenging projects. Never a dull moment.
solid place to work
New technology, innovative, and relaxed environment. Most days are fun and not boring. Senior management plays a great deal into finding your job rewarding or just mundane.
great place to work
Lenovo is one of those companies that you really want to work with - Great benefits! flexibility and good feedback culture. The workspace is suitable and there's global travel..
Too many hidden agendas
When I first started, this was a pretty good place to work. Annual team outings, annual site outings, flexible hours and such. After a couple of changes of the guard up top though, there seemed to be a lot of hidden agendas, micro-managing and just lack of clear direction for this site. Then, there was the changes at the executive level that just seemed to add to the chaos.

Ultimately, it turned into just another job. Sad because there is a lot of potential.
No organization
Management tells you 8 A.M to 5 P.M but doesn't pay you for extra half hour every day. No benefits, none of the products are organized so finding what you need to pick is nearly impossible.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenovo. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lenovo.