Lenovo Employee Reviews

Great working environment, excellent Corporate Benefits
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 17, 2018
From a sales perspective, it's a great place to work. Yes, it's an open environment but what do you want? Excellent culture, extremely flexible, Flex time PTO, can't beat the benefits (Medical, dental, vision and 401k).
Pros
Great sales call center environment, comp plans and sales contest are tops.
Cons
Some of the other corporate environments (not sales or support) are old school.
I wasn't there long, but we found they would say one thing but really did another.
Sr. Project Manager and Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 26, 2018
When my area was purchased by Lenovo, we took 6 months to get the required infrastructure in place. When the move occurred, we discovered that they did not have what we needed set up and that approximately another month was required. Of course they expected all dates to remain the same.
Pros
Had a good 401K plan
Cons
Did not acknowledge valid impacts to project schedules.
Utter rubbish
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 10, 2018
This company thrives on the old IBM culture of politics and cronyism. 90% of managers are completely incompetent and rate you based on nearly pure subjective criteria. Job growth is a sad joke and the culture is very toxic.Salary is usually good to start, then quickly stagnates and falls behind industry average, while your responsibilities grow exponentially. Layoffs occur multiple times a year and have for many years now. Management leverages globalization as an argument to tell you that you don't deserve job growth, a shot at a promotion, or to be paid better despite those of us that pushed through the hard times to make our respective teams succeed.

The only people who thrive at Lenovo are the following groups:

1) People who are willing to become puppets and do whatever they are told, including working 12+ hours a day and frequent travel to China

2) Backstabbing clowns who throw people under the bus to hide their own incompetency and limitations

3) People who love suck-up corporate politics

4) People who continually monopolize conversations and have to be the loudest voice in the room

5) People who never admit that they're wrong or made a mistake

6) People who abuse their power, bully subordinates, and take credit for work they did not complete themselves

If you fit into at least one of these categories, Lenovo may be the place for you. If not, do take my advise and find a job elsewhere; this is just a fair warning.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great place to build on your career
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 18, 2018
This is a great company with competitive pay, benefits, and much more. Stability can be a challenge at times due to management deficiencies, market trends, and compromised industry.
talent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 11, 2018
- Great talent and motivation
- Compensation and overall benefits are very strong
- Long term outlook is very good, with internal strategies coming to fruition
- Executive management, particularly CEO and direct reports
- History of integrity
Pros
compensation, flexibility
Cons
pockets of politics
Difficult environment
Senior Account Executive - Education (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Open office with over 400 employees so it was very loud and hard to make phone calls. Management was not helpful in regards to training new employees, nor do they offer sales coaching
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No breaks, not a flexible work environment
To whom it may concern
Lenovo Partner Assist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 18, 2018
Lenovo is a good company if your looking for compensation but the turnover rate is very high and they do resource action at least 1-2 times a year. Contract jobs have also increased at Lenovo
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No work life balance
Lenovo Review
Services Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 26, 2018
Lenovo offers great benefits and good/great compensation if you get into the right group. Culture and managements expectation are completely out of alignment with reality.
Typical Technology Company
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Constant Fear of layoffs. Most of the jobs moving to China as they did with the PC Company in 2005. New Management Chain with changing plans and directions. You have to contribute to medical based on number of family members. Im's have replaced phone calls and constant repeat of emails with no time to work issue.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits but came at additional employee cost, Gym on Site
Cons
Constant fear of Layoffs, Too Much Email, Instant messages for mail not yet received
Overall a decent company, good benefits and great products
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 7, 2018
Work was very demanding, schedule and travel was brutal to hit targets.
Good people, work remote, good job tools.
Culture was ok, being remote was hard to connect but HQ was very cool.
Lenovo is still figuring out they sales coverage and go to market plans, seems confused about financial priorities as it relates to growth and profit. Quota is unrealistic at times and has lost many good sales reps.
The best part of Lenovo is the products, which are very good.
Pros
Good pay, good people, great products.
Cons
Unrealistic Quotas for resources, commitment to customer satisfaction
trying to be something they are not
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 2, 2018
with the purchase of the IBM server business they have been trying to be a server solution company. While they are very good at selling PC's they lack understanding of what it takes to be a Enterprise solutions company. Management continues to try and partner with various software OEM's to come up with solutions that are often to late and not relevant to current business needs and have been already done by the other competitors. I wish them luck.
Bad experience but good for experience
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCOctober 31, 2018
We never knew if we were working on the weekend on our mandated overtime until the end of the day the Friday before the weekend. The normal schedule was good but due to the amount of work the stated schedule was never the time we would go in. We either wen in early and stayed late or if lucky we would just come in early.Great experience to work with so many varying models of computers and the workload itself wasn't too bad an any given time but if you didn't keep up a steady pace it could get behind very quickly.
It’s very nice Company $45 Billion company Worked for Lenovo on payroll of Denave india Pvt.Ltd
Area sales officer of North chattisgarh (India) (Current Employee) –  ChattisgarhAugust 12, 2018
Its very Nice brand product quality is Awsome,
I saw many things in lenovo for product they always work Hard. if you can see now in india Lenovo launches 8th generation in india

everything fine and that’s why its a very big company but if i can get chance to work for abroad i’ll for sure give you ky 100% efforts to company
Cons
Health wise totally fit
Low pay and Dysfunctional
Global Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 14, 2018
I was a contractor for Lenovo and they did not give me a pay raise until I begged for one after 5 years. I hope to get a better job that pays more, am full time with the company, and have better benefits.
Pros
Free Computers and Phone
Cons
no pay raise or advancement
Nice pay and benefits, but regular churn keeps you off balance as they chase the next shiny new thing
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 17, 2018
Company can't seem to find itself. PC Biz knows what it is and is an easier group to work in. The Moto & Data Center groups are a grind with regular turnover and top-down leadership. Company is always searching for the next shiny new thing to align to. Outside companies only look to align to Lenovo to get access to China. The Co favors milennials, which is fine, but creates challenges for real company maturity.
Pros
Comp is pretty good
Cons
Leadership and churn - chasing the next shiny object
Working at Lenovo
Sr. Executive Admin (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 12, 2018
Lenovo is great company to work for. Being a true international company it does require extra hours of working time between time zones. Very competitive pay.
Pros
opportunity to flexible working schedules for work/life balance
Cons
every job has its issues
Great company
Global Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2018
If you want to work at a company that has a focus on growth with a clear plan to obtainment than Lenovo is for you. Having previously worked at IBM it was refreshing to work at a company that knew what its objects were and how to obtain them.
Market share driven
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2018
Focus on gaining market share. I left the company many years ago so I cannot give a current status of what the culture or work environment is today. Back then it was a typical PC company struggling to survive.
Fast Paced Workplace, Do more with Less
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 6, 2018
High Tech job that can be fun at times, but there has been too many reductions. Good benefits and Gym on site. Nice campus and in good location. Great products.
it depends
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 18, 2018
From BU to BU and GEO to GEO and function to function you would get different answers here. I work in the NC office and over half the team is in Beijing (in my group). There are a lot of evening calls and we try to mix it up to be fair but it gets exhausting. Many have it worse than me for sure. Can't imagine doing this when my kids were younger. This is the most global company I have ever worked in and it can be invigorating at times but there are some times when it feels fragmented because different geographies have different needs, regulations, etc.
Pros
on-site gym, good focus on charitable service projects, generally happy, friendly people
Cons
night calls, so many powerpoint slides, still shedding IBM services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenovo. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss