Lenox Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent home based field position
Territory Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 12, 2018
Position was home based. Visited several accounts weekly. We were trusted out in the field and not watched over. The hardest part of the job was during the Christmas season. We had to set up the product into Christmas displays in many accounts. Long hours fourth quarter. But rewarding after negotiating with the accounts to achieve our goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we visited Raleigh NC to see how the product being made in real time. Wish we had more trips like that.
Pros
Flexibility, Trust from management, Worked in field home based.
Cons
No monetary raise in 12 years, but we were reimbursed for cell phones, internet and car mileage.
productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 23, 2018
I loved working at Lenox but I could not afford the hours offered. I worked there for 10 months and couldn't seem to obtain a full time schedule. There were moments where favorites were picked but I did not let that discourage me. Overall the job was great and the environment was family oriented.
Pros
Nice Cafe
Cons
Hours
Inside Sales Department
Lenox -Wholesale Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAApril 16, 2018
Lenox is a very comfortable and nice workplace. I worked independently and completed my work tasks to the best of my ability. Each of Lenox Corporation management were kind and respectful.
Unprofessional and work/life balance does not exist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 10, 2018
Requires 24 x 7 system support assignment to a single person with no backup personnel, no 401k matching, harsh,bullish and disrespectful IT Senior Director and very unprofessional place to work. Not my kind of culture.
This is a lean group with1 IT senior director, 4 managers, and 4 developers.
There was no salary increase for everyone since bankruptcy filing last 2008.

I would NOT recommend working here.
OK place to work.
Supervisor Financial Reporting (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 10, 2017
Hours were 7:30 to 4:30. Given the opportunity to learn new tasks. Lots of challenges. Made good friends. Assisted in paying for college. Benefits were good.
Benefits
typical warehouse
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 8, 2017
A large warehouse that is open to the public. It is kept clean and product is well merchandised to sell. They run great discounted sales all year. Employees work very hard.
Pros
discounts
Cons
very hot in the summer. no air, only fans
Stressful work environment. Understaffed.
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 20, 2017
Needs to be fully staffed. Need to have better training. High level of turn over. Combines many jobs under one person. Not enough hours in the day to get everything that needs to be done.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long work hours
Company is struggling financially
Inside Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 1, 2017
The company has been forced to implement a budget reduction twice in 3 years. Sales are down due to high volume of dissatisfied customers and product being unavailable for sale/ inventory. Sales staff are stressed over lack of volume per monthly requirements and not making commission for 2 or more months in a row. Sales team will likely be replaced by outsourcing in the next 24 months.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
lack of appreciation from managment
Productive and Loving workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIAugust 28, 2017
Working for Lenox was very comfortable. They treat each other like family. They care about the well being and mental health of each other. They care about their customers, and the managers don't act like they're better than you.
Pros
Breaks
Great Company the last 3 years
Northwest Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 6, 2017
Great place to work until new CEO joined the company at the beginning of the year
Selling to gift and specialty accounts in the 8 Western states
On the road 75% of my time.
Opened up over 100 new accounts and responsible for double digit increases every year.
Play bingo weekly
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  WILLIAMSPORT MdApril 17, 2017
Lenox in Williamsport Md is a very good company to work for, I have enjoyed working for Lenox the position I have been hired to do is very interesting and fast paced at the same time. I have learned a lot of new things there such as all the machines in close out . Close Out is the area I work in . Also have had a good experienced with the supervisors, and the employees. On holidays they go out of there way to do very nice things for their employees such as catered dinners and drawing for gifts. Overall I have had a pleasant experience working for Lenox.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Point system
Contact Center Work Environment
Inside Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 29, 2017
Small call center operations. Management split between Director and Manager with 2 shift Supervisors. Small Inside Sales team and Customer Service. Long tenure with experienced representatives but high turn-over with new hire representatives. Culture is a difficult balance with mixing the old with the new reps. Ongoing training and mentoring was my highlight of the experience as Sales Lead. The company is currently undergoing budget reductions and hiring freeze.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff and coworkers
Cons
limited career expansion and growth
Lacks compensation
Picker/heavy repack worker (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 8, 2017
The job allowed for a good life/work balance because of the shifts offered. Job security was not good, ended in a layoff after a short duration of employment.
Pros
Life/Work Balance
Cons
Unstable
Very fun place to work
Credit and Collections Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 5, 2015
Lenox was one of the best companies I worked for. They took the time to train you in whatever area you where in. My co-workers was more like family which made it a joy to come to work everyday. The hardest part of my job was having to leave.
Challenging
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 11, 2015
Will expand your business knowledge past your current skills and scope. Be prepared and willing to learn more at Lenox.
Great Place to Work
Assistant to Owner (Current Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJuly 28, 2015
This was a great place to work, however the company is closing after 103 years. Everyone here worked as a team and we looked out for each other.

I ran this company for quite some time. When the owner passed away it was financially difficult.
Demanding fast paced environment
Territory Sales Manager/Special Markets Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
Lenox Corp is an excellent U.S. manufacturer and wholesaler of consumer goods. I manage multiple markets selling extensive product lines to the military and key accounts in an eight state territory. A typical day involves solving problems, making sales calls, placing orders, and managing all military sales. I work with an exceptional group of product managers, customer service reps, and sales managers. The most difficult part of the job is forecasting and the most enjoyable part is working with the accounts and launching innovative products.
Nice company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Great co workers and working environment. Compensation could have been better. Not much opportunity for advancement. Apparently, it takes years to become a permanent employee. No stability. Support from supervisors was difficult to attain.
up and downs working for lenox
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 13, 2014
Nice company to work for, management team was wonderful.. even though it was a seasonal position still had a great experience there. i would place order for customer, helping customer with shipping and billing questions. the hardest part of the job was getting to know how to move around to each screen. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customer that you help on the phone,
Pros
overtime
Cons
system
Excellent communications with peers and management. Great program to advance in career.
Corporate Trainer/Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJJuly 1, 2014
Great to work with all types of customers. Buyers, end-user, designers, and retailers. Very busy environment requiring flexibility. Most enjoyable part was learning the production phase of product. Hardest part was leaving position to relocate to another state.
Pros
Great communication and advancement.
Cons
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenox Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.