Leo A Daly Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company too stuck in old corporate ways
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
My experience at Leo Daly was disappointing. When I expressed an interest in moving into an area that was more suited to my skillset, they used it as a mark against me.
Pros
Offered lots of training sessions
Cons
way too much corporate bureaucracy, mandatory meetings, etc
Great learning experience
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  LAApril 3, 2018
average compensation
average work environment
interesting projects
great people
good locations
diversified staff
good experience for an AE firm
A Los Angeles Office
Director, Interiors (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
Leo A Daly is a very large national/international firm.

This led to various problems in the branch offices. Architecture is a very difficult practice and demands a lot of information that may not be available when needed.

Each office was led by a different person. The LA office had a sever problem with the fact that the Lead (head) Executive there never lasted for more than one to three years. Therefore, there was no sense of the culture the home (Omaha) office expected.

This was extremely difficult on the department heads as it was impossible to parse who wanted what.
Pros
the money was great
Cons
Mostly stated above
Satisfgied with LAD experience
Design Principal (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2017
good solid architecture company - many impressive projects . . . one hundred year old firm that has expanded to having an international presence . . .
Pros
exciting work
Cons
a bit too traditional
Difficult coworkers
Accountant (Former Employee) –  OmahaApril 10, 2017
Management seemed uninterested in training. Very condescending coworkers in Accounting department.
Treated indifferent. Wouldn't not recommend working for this company.
Cons
Coworker
Growing and Nimble
Vice President (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 8, 2016
LAD is a growing, large design firm with the nimbleness of a small, intimate firm. There are many opportunities for young design professionals seeking challenging and high profile projects.
Thankful for the opportunity.
Associate, Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with talented people. The office is going through a transition. I truly loved the work but, the culture in the office is not positive.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Senior Management
Interesting people
Executive Assistant to COO and Vice President (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2014
Worked closely with several diffent people. Very enjoyable
Pros
Constant feed back
Cons
salary
Enjoyable work with talented creative people
Proposal Manager/Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2014
International architecture/design firm with many interesting projects, and many talented, creative professionals to collaborate with. A good place to learn and develop a broad range of skills, from master planning to interior design.
Pros
good benefits, training, good colleagues
Cons
long hours, semi-autonomous management
Good place to work.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2013
I got along well with everyone here except one person, and it was a good work environment. When I attempted to transfer under another direct supervisor, however, I was let go. I had been hired to do Y2k primarily in the first place, so they really did not have a good place to put me otherwise.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
strict dress code. supervisor had no sense of humor. internet browsing not allowed.
Probably at my happiest working there
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2013
Just an amazing group of people and culture and family. My favorite place to have worked by far and away.
large company that handles many projects as if they were commodities
Senior Professional and Specification Writer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2013
Many interesting projects, but highly managed for time and budget. sometimes difficult to get managers to let you into their silos.
Great professional work environment, nice people to work with flexible and busy weekdays schedule, wonderful benefit package and stability
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 19, 2012
* Flexible and consistently productive working hours.
* Many training sessions, learning and continue education seminars provided in working hrs.
* Depending on the scope and size of the projects, most projects are set up in teams with 6 to 20 people in collaborative approach.
* Highly educated, smart group professionals, among staff, principals, associates and directors.
* Very organized, pleasant and comfortable open working space with modular cubicles where the staff, managers and directors work together.
*First it seems hard, but at the end we enjoy meet the projects deadlines, we all spend many long hours. Because, completion also brings pride and satisfaction for the accomplishment and good team work.
* Well managed and balanced workflow, even during the long working hours in deadline sessions. Lastly, managers, directors and principals recognize the hard work with awards and promotions.
Pros
great benefits package, flex hours, continue education and training seminars, breakfast club, free lunches, nice lunch area and many social activities groups.
Cons
the atmosphere is very formal regarding business dress code, with some degree of reasonable flexibility.