Leo Burnett Employee Reviews

Creativity oriented
CREATIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, Ecuador, Republica DominicanaMay 7, 2018
The main focus is to achieve your success based on your excellent creative work for the benefit of your clients.
A company that has established a lasting working relationship with its national and international clients.
Working in this company represents a high level of security and a consistent resource plan that helps the best training of all employees.
i like it
intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60601March 12, 2018
one of the most professional jobs every i loved it. i would work in esurance and give idea on advertising it was a great job that i will recommend anyone to get
they have great food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2018
the work culture is great, and so are the food offerings, but that's about as much as i can say about this company. they have let some of the best people go. they don't offer good pay.
Nice job
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  MoscowJanuary 13, 2018
I have worked in Leo Burnett Moscow in Russia, but I'm sure the same applies to the whole global company. It was a nice place to work – good salaries and interesting projects.
Strong Culture- but being diluted
Account Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
LB has a very strong culture, but it is being somewhat diluted by Publicis Groupe.

There has also been a lot of change recently as some accounts have been moved to other (Publicis owned) agencies in an effort to find efficiency by grouping industries together.

I was never micro-managed and was allowed a lot of freedom to do my job. I felt valued and supported by my team.

Leo Burnett offers great benefits and perks to their employees. Overall, a great agency to work for.
Pros
Great benefits, not micro-managed
Cons
Stability of current accounts
It's a fun place to intern
Creative Intern, Copywriting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
This is a fun place to be. It's a good place to get on your resume. The pay is pretty good, so no complaints there. The only sad part is when it all ends and there are no full-time jobs to be had.
it was ok at best...
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 27, 2017
daily work was stressful and my manager was a tyrant...always hanging around corners trying to see and hear what she could. nothing to get excited about.
Great Advertising Culture, last few years of loses have sucked the air out of the place
Global Account Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
I've enjoyed my time at Leo Burnett. Over the past 14 years I have learned a lot of great business and advertising acumen. I've also worked with and learned from some of the best leaders and inspiring adpeople on the planet. This last year, we've seen our share of challenges, with the loss of a couple of large accounts. THese loses have shaken the foundation of Leo Burnett. Creating more of a cut throat environment where people no longer feel valued or inspired. I think it is time for me to try something new.
Pros
great people
Cons
No raises
Great place, no life.
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
What I learned at Burnett was how to come up with big ideas for major clients and make them work across all different media.

The management was a stressed bunch, not very friendly and rather arrogant, sometimes with good reason!

The workplace culture is intense. There are mandatory parties and events that cut into the work day and cause one to work even longer hours. 'Beer thirty' and ping-pong at 5:30 isn't very productive. People definitely drink the Koolaid here.

I loved Burnett for the foundation it gave me toward a busy and fruitful freelance business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
crazy hours
Great company, culture very different depending on what account your are on
Planning Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2017
Lots of energy, creatively driven and fast paced. Smart, talented people for the most part. A bit of a sweatshop for lower level employees in terms of late hours and weekends. Lots of perks, good compensation and benefits.
Pros
I had a great boss, summer Fridays, nice office
Cons
I was on an account that was seriously broken and required a lot of travel
A Wonderful Place
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
In account management, I don't believe you are ever immune to the fickle nature of the advertising industry. You can be laid off by any agency at any time. So, I bear no ill will toward Leo Burnett for having to leave. My account was lost and they did everything they could to place me on another account.

I learned more at Leo Burnett than any other agency in my career. The creatives at the agency are amazing and driven. The account people are equally amazing.

Once you're in Leo Burnett, you can understand why they are such a storied agency with some of the most famous ad campaigns in U.S. history in their portfolio.
A true life experience
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
Just to reiterate - I was a temp employee. The position I truly enjoyed; however, the trainer that was assigned to me had insecurities, therefore, my overall performance was not what I myself see as my best assets coming forth.
Challenging and engaging workplace
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Working at Leo Burnett is a challenge, but the people make it worth coming in every day and working your tail off. Everyone supports each other and they are interested in our shared success rather than their own personal success.
Pros
lots of PTO, great people, fun culture
Cons
lots of changes in leadership, long hours, lack of raises and/or promotion opportunities
Productive and fun workplace with football table.
Financial Planning & Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 7, 2017
Every day of work is different and that gives excitement to the work. You learn a lot from your co-workers as from management. The culture within Leo Burnett is incredible and has a lot of wisdom. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines, but it can be done. The easiest part of the job is working with your co-workers.
Pros
Free soft drinks and flexible lunch time.
Cons
Healthcare.
Great people ruined by barriers for advancement
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
Arc Worldwide is staffed by great people, but they leave or have their growth hindered by the lack of raises and promotions. Accounts are continually understaffed resulting in extremely long hours on a regular basis, not just before big deadlines.
Pros
Good vacation allotment
Cons
Feel bad when you take vacation
Amazing culture
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
The People and Culture team at Leo Burnett really deliver. Great communications, clear process and always confidential. Location is perfect, benefits are awesome.
Pros
Professional Training
fun place to work
Freelance Art Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 15, 2017
I had one of the best freelance gigs here. My team was great to work with and the work itself helped give me a lot more web experience. Fun, chill atmosphere, but work definitely gets done.
Pros
free food, casual dress, flexible, fun coworkers
Excellent workplace atmosphere with focus on employee well-being
FREELANCE ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 15, 2017
Overall, Leo Burnett Detroit is a wonderful company to work for. Regular and freelance employees are treated with respect by the project managers and creative directors. Designers have the opportunity to take ownership of projects and are not micro-managed. Employees are encouraged to allow time to schedule doctor appointments, etc, without needing to go through hoops to get approval for time off. On the flip side, there can be a lack of feedback regarding projects and one-on-one time with the creative directors. The large size of the creative department often results in gaps of communication in which only some of the employees are notified of company meetings and events.
Pros
Positive work environment, themed lunch parties, free snacks, interesting industry presentations
Cons
Lack of career guidance, poor communication
Great Leaders
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 1, 2017
love the leadership. it's crazy busy and a great environment culturally and good for novice to senior workers that are interested in working in advertising.
Fantastic Place to Work!!!
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
This was my first job out of Graduate School and I can't imagine a better place to get started. A place to get hands on marketing experience with some of the worlds strongest brands. Burnett was the best and still is.
Pros
Fantastic work experience learning from the best.
Cons
Bought by Publicis.