Leonard Bus Sales, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
just a job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 9, 2018
easy to get along with people but the company will tell you what you want to hear and never go through what they say like raises and if you do get a bonus it ends up being another taxable paycheck. Lead people never really know whats going on there they just wing it you get sent to the job sit with no parts or all the wrong parts then you have to explains to the customers why you come unprepared. this place goes through lot of people
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
back stabbers/liars/no raises/no bonuses
Fast Paced Company with Great Opportunities
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 27, 2017
Leonard Bus Sales is a great company that is fast paced, goal oriented and offers strong opportunities for advancement. Since working here I feel that I have grown a tremendous amount professionally, and have learned a great deal.

Every day I am met with new challenges that give me the opportunity to think critically and to test my problem solving skills. If I am ever not sure of something or if I have any questions, I know that I can ask my manager or my peers for assistance and that they will do everything they can to help. Questions and alternative solutions are welcomed, and thinking outside the box is encouraged. Working here, I know that I am never alone; I am part of a team.

The Leonard family is very kind and generous, and make each and every person working here feel like a part of the family. Leonard Bus has been in business for over 50 years, but and they are always adapting to the market and driving change.

I would highly recommend Leonard Bus Sales to anyone who is looking to make a strong career.
This company is well organized.
Fleet planning & sales analyst (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 21, 2017
I agreed to work for Leonard Bus Sales because everyone I met from the receptionist to upper management were friendly and helpful. Those who interviewed me were clear about the pros and possible cons of the position.

I am beyond pleased working here.I have quite a bit of work experience in several different fields, and with a variety of people, so I don't say this lightly.

Yes, there are rules and policies and expectations. All of these are made clear. There are many reviews that take place allowing everyone involved (employer and employee) the opportunity to make your work experience better and learn so you can do the best possible job.

Yes, this is a corporation, yet there is a work/family balance by virtue of the fact that this is a company started by a family, and still managed by the same family. They place a high value on respect and positive relationships and consistent quality work. They want the best value for their clients.

If you want to be in a professional environment, and treated like a professional, work here. If you want to play/text on your phone, surf the internet, put in less than your best work effort, be negative and not follow policies/procedures, then find someplace else to work (and good luck with that)!
Pros
There are many review opportunities for constructive criticism so you can do your best!
Innovative, Driven Organization
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bergen, NYJuly 20, 2017
Truly an excellent organization to be a part of. The management team is highly involved in day to day operations and makes everybody feel like an equally important member of the team. There is no feeling of a disconnected corporate office, which is a refreshing and much needed change from the large corporations I have worked with in the past.

Frequent calls and meetings keep everybody across the state on the same page and in sync with one another. Communication is a key factor to the success of the organization and the happiness of the employees. I have never been involved with a group that has such an open line of communication.

The company provides all of the necessary tools to do the job. Never is there any hesitation when I need something that I think will help improve my work experience or productivity. In addition, management is always open and willing to coach an employee to guide them in the right direction, and will give the employee everything he or she needs to succeed and grow.

The most enjoyable part of this job to me is the group interaction and true sense of teamwork. Everybody plays an important role.
Pros
Latest Technology, Approachable Management, Respected
Cons
Travel days are long
Family company with a great team
outside part sales (Current Employee) –  Bergen, NYJuly 19, 2017
Leonard Bus Sales is a family owned company that make all employees feel part of there family.

The staff at Leonard bus is very helpful and work as team . Management has an open door policy and willing to listen to any suggestions that you have to offer.

They also offer some family fun night during the year .
Pros
Great benefits, family events, great staff
They take there Employees to Ball game once a year!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJuly 9, 2017
Upper management could cares less about staff ! Absolutely no guidance! And then when there's a problem because of lack management it's your fault! HR department another joke ! My advice STAY AWAY
Pros
Health benefits were good
Cons
Management is horrible, no leadership, sink or swim mentality
Family Owned Company with Great Benefits
Administration (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 7, 2017
Leonard Bus Sales is a great place to work because I feel like more than just a number. I feel like the hard work I do is acknowledged and everyone goes out of their way to say "thank you!"

Communication from my manager and other managers is great and prompt and I always feel like I know where to go when I have a question or concern.

Even though I didn't know much about school buses when I started, I was able to use my skills and knowledge to be great at my job, and learn the stuff I didn't know along the way. Everyone has been beyond friendly and helpful at every step of the way.

I would definitely recommend Leonard Bus Sales as a great place to work!
Pros
great benefits, open door policy, education reimbursement and fun employee events
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Deposit, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Company and management do not treat their employees as assets and have lied on numerous occasions to employees about raises and work in general, not a very good company to look for if you are looking for a career / future.
Pros
na
Cons
na
challenging and fun
NY as Corporate Service Training Director (Current Employee) –  NY StateApril 12, 2016
great family owned corporation, most updated technology to work with, exceptional care of the customer.
excellent benefits, good house keeping and friendly atmosphere to work.
Pros
good people around
Fast Growing Company
New Bus Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deposit, NYJune 22, 2015
Getting bigger and bigger. Was very family oriented at first getting a little big more cooperate now. Good Benefits a lot of I's to dot and T's to cross. A lot pf procedures that don't get followed. Not good Communication.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too corperate, dont listen to suggestions, not a team place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leonard Bus Sales, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.