Leonardo DRS Employee Reviews

Got thrown away like trash
Software Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 14, 2019
I contracted with DRS. I always asked for honest feedback to know how I was doing because I was performing tasks I was not used to doing. Based on the feedback I got from the general manager, I was doing awesome until I wasn't. Without warning, I had my contract cut short and was out. There was no warning, no explanation, nothing. I was just instantly gone.
Pros
Seemed to follow Agile and scrum perfectly, I got the ability to work independently
Cons
No respect for contractors, you get used and thrown away
With the right leadership and true opportunities offered being available this could be a great place to work
Specialist II Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 21, 2019
Sorry management and leadership of the immediate assembly department. Opportunity for training, advancement, inclusion of all employee to advance and develop their skill was not available. I never had an experience like I had experience there. Became stressful and dreadful going there.
Pros
Bonuses, Schedule, Education assistance
Cons
Opportunity for learning, growth, advancement, overall training, management, inclusion and teamwork wasn`t there
Interesting and important work
Senior Electro-Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJMarch 12, 2019
I loved working here at Leonardo DRS. I felt I made a difference to the Army and Airforce. I would have loved to stay with the company but they relocated to another state.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime, intersting work
Cons
Sometimes you work 13 hours per day for months at a time
Toxic work environment, poor training methods
Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2019
The worse manufacturing facility I've been to. Unorganize, I dont know how they pass their ISO audits. So many safety violations in the basement and stock room. Parts and random items such as tables and chairs sitting in the middle of isles for days as forklift operators have to maneuver around them.

Manufacturing training supervisor and team members are the worst I've worked for. They belittle you and intimidate you into learning their way of operations. Their method of training is literally like boot camp training. Production assembler training consist of various testing: paper work/computer test, electrical/mechanical assembling test. No shadow training. They expect you to pass with three attempts or you're out the door.

Upon hiring, they never mentioned that this position was a tempt to hire position. I interviewed for a specific position but was offered a lower position. On top of that, they threw in a bunch of lies with salary (salary vs hourly pay is different) benefits to make the job more appealing. Then when I was hired on, I found out that non of the benefits mentioned during the interview applied to me as an hourly employee. The turnover rate is very high at this place for a reason, be warned. I can only speak on behalf of the production area, office area may be a different atmosphere.

The only pro is the pay, but is it worth it? In a toxic work environment? I don't think so.
Pros
Competitive pay thanks to the Union
Cons
Toxic management, poor training, micromanagement, outdated technology, outdated operation concepts
Overall a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Very flexible arraignments, working from home/remote. Pay within industry standards for the position. Lack of autonomy at times however that might be certain pockets or certain managers and their style of management. Challenged with harmonization, managing 8 difference business units- essentially 8 different companies / entities. Lack of enterprise wide systems.
Pros
Flexible work arraignments
Cons
Lack of autonomy at times
Good company
ELECTRONIC SECURITY SYSTEMS (ESS) TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Needs to be more competitive in bids, we lost contract i was on and had to move to a company that is not as good at managing its people resulting in more stress then necessary
Hurry up and wait
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I worked there as a contractor, so I did not have the luxury or benefit of actual DRS employee benefits and programs. Most everything I encountered was good. Didn't feel challenged or utilized anywhere near my potential.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
being a contractor
Production very good
CNC set-up & edit Programmer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2019
I worked there over 3 years Management and correction very good when I let Company Because company move another state They offers coworkers to move with the company
I have family here i can’t move with the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Break time every good
Great place to work!
Sheet Metal Technician/C-130J (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NC 27909January 21, 2019
Maintenance on the C130-J
New things every day on the C130
Management was great
Workplace culture was great
Getting parts sometimes
working as a team/family
great job
Vice President and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I have enjoyed the great opportunity to serve 1200 folks and develop, manufacture, test and deliver cutting edge military equipment for all Navy platforms.
Lost Contract bid
AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJanuary 10, 2019
DRS loss the contract bid and were told we should start looking elsewhere for work. When we did have the contract, work was sparse at times and overbearing next.
Disorganized, compartmented, does not value employees
Senior Business Development Manager, Range Systems (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2019
The company is disorganized across divisions. It also continuly re-organizes. Divisions are compartmented, does the company does not value employees.
As a team anything is possible we make it happen as a team
Basic assembly (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2019
I thank drs so much for giving me the opportunity to be apart of such an amazing, important company. I feel important when i wake up in the morning to come to work because i know today we are going to change someones life. We are helping our family that fight for us everyday risking their lives everyday, i truly appreciate drs and what it stands for.
DRS Technologies employs great management combined with a disciplined workforce.
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Orchestrated the current production and delivery of 6 very diverse programs representing ~$200M+ in revenue: Kiowa Mass Mounted Sight, Apache Day Side and Night Side Vision Systems, Phalanx Ship System- Thermal Imagery, Gunner Auxiliary System for the M1 Bradley Tank, ALP Hand Held Laser for Crew and New Product Initiatives (NPI) such as development and manufacturing a 3" Gimbals. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of job was achieving total success across the six programs.

Inclusive workplace culture with great support teams...
Pros
Very structured organization that works together.
Cons
Fluctuation in contract / employee levels.
productive and fun workplace
Designer I (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 24, 2018
It was an amazing opportunity. I Learned a lot of new stuff that I could use as an engineer. I mainly used autocad. I was not familiar with it in the beginning but I am very good at it now
Fun place to work
Freelance Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 7, 2018
Its a fun place to work. Has great benefits. My co workers were friendly and helpful. Management was available and courteous. I would fully recommend.
I love that place
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2018
It's a very very good place to work and take care of your family with I just love it in all the staff is fun and friendly and very helpful with understanding how to train employee
My first employment after separating from the military
Total Full Time Experience - 1 year, 6 months (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 27, 2018
I would say that all in all, DRS Technologies is a good company to work for. I did not have any issues there. They could have probably paid me better for the position I was in, but I was naïve to the ways of negotiating during the hiring process.
Nice people, clean shop,
AP mechanic (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCNovember 27, 2018
Not Bad of a place, work just one kind of airframe, no schooling provided, OJT all the way, pretty good local workers, the hero work is mostly done by the directs, contractors get the small jobs and cleaning work. Not a bad place to work in regards to other dod jobs.
Pros
good people.
Cons
location, weather, lunch break too short for location of hanger and food availability.
Great people and great place to work!
Sr Mfg Test Station Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 2, 2018
People are treated with respect here. The facilities are good and the management team is knowledgeable. People work as professionals.The benefit package is above average here.
Pros
good benefits and free coffee
Cons
Can't work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leonardo DRS. Our community is ready to answer.