LePort Schools Employee Reviews

Terrible culture, low pay and militant management style
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 6, 2017
Will not recommend anyone to work for this place. It is not a educational institute rather than a corporate entity. The culture is full of hypocrisy. The place lacks of moral standards. Turn-over rate is high. The management treats teachers just like they are cogs in a machine.
assistant teacher
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CA 92649November 27, 2017
when i worked at LePort i was a floater. My job was to walk into the spanish speaking classes and give the teachers a break and lunch break. while the teacher were away on their breaks it was my responsibility to to teach the children in the class or assist them with school work.
Productive and diverse
Spanish Immersion Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working for Leport has been the biggest lesson of my life thus far. Getting hands-on with the children has been a wonderful experience. I've been able to learn so much about the Montessori Philosophy; not to mention I've had the wonderful opportunity to help many children flourish and succeed in this environment.
Pros
fun events for the children
Cons
teaching assistants need more support
Provides Great Montessori Education to Children
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 5, 2017
Prior to working for LePort Schools, I did not know much about Montessori Education. However, I learned that it is a great method for preschoolers. The education that LePort provided to the children was very valuable. However, LePort Schools is a small private company and has limited growth opportunities.
Pros
Great Montessori Education
Cons
No growth opportunities
Very collaborative culture
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 7, 2017
They have very good Central Support team. Very friendly and respect work and life balance. Profitable business because of their quality of educational service.
Awful work enviornment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Worst teaching job ever. Huge room full of toddlers with totally inappropriate materials. Coworkers in room cared more about arranging materials than supervising children. Incompetent, indifferent management. Greedy place is all about the money. Gossipy,exclusive and manipulative is the general ambience.
Pros
Kids, a few good staff
Cons
Low pay, high stress
Horrible place to work
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2017
When I worked there people were rude to me especially the administrative people. The benefits are horrible. One time I was having bad migraines and I was trying to get a hold of my doctor and after a whole day of calling I just gave up on the idea of seeing a doctor. They overwork you and its not even worth it for the money they pay you.
Horrible Management!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 23, 2016
Management is horrible. This place is a joke. They charge so much for families to send their children to school here and its not worth the penny. This company does not believe in work life balance, they work you like a dog and you get scolded when you have done overtime - they are liars and hypocrites to their word. Broken promises. The only best part of this place was meeting the families and children. Other than that, everything is a lie. They pretend to run a smooth and highly educated school, but in reality they are there just for your money. This school is all about business and not for the goodness of your child and they do not care about their employees. By far the worse company to work for.
Pros
none.
Cons
low pay, horrible management, benefits suck you still have to pay high deductibles, poisonous environment.
Stay away!!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 6, 2016
This place is nothing more than a glorified daycare center. The management is awful! I.e., no experience running a school program. The teacher turnover is extremely high, especially in the toddler program. Things that went on in that place were extremely disturbing, the most being that a small child was left unattended for a period of 30 minutes. Stay away. There are far better Montessori programs in the area.
Rude
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2016
When I worked there, the people were so rude and stuck up. They also did not know how to work with people. They got rid of people for the wrong reasons.
Great place to work!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 23, 2016
I really love it the work envioroment everybody is friendly and smiling all the time. Also, everyone has the disposition to help you and listen to you. The communication in this company is very value, and they have meetings where all the employees give feedback of the month to their boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LePort Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6