Leslie's Poolmart Employee Reviews

A good first job or for someone who likes a relaxed work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJune 13, 2019
I learned about being a cashier. I had to learn the process of using chemicals to test pool water and the process for cleaning a pool with chemicals. I also learned about the pool equipment and how to sell it. It was slow, and there was a pungent chemical smell in the store.
Good for pay
Retail- Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 12, 2019
Didn't enjoy the companies policies or management. Pay was great but you are told when to work and how many hours. Women should not work at Leslie's because they favor men.
Was fun
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 8, 2019
Leslie's was a pretty laid back retail job. I'd work there again if I found a competent team of individuals, with a strong manager (not a 'boss'). If you were looking at working at leslie's, I'd suggest starting at one of the PRO stores. The pro stores have a better training agenda than the regular leslie's locations
I liked working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 31, 2019
I liked my boss, I thought he was so nice and made this place the best place I worked. I loved working with chemicals because that is what I want to do professionally. Even if this was my summer job I really liked it.
Fun part time/seasonal work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92056May 28, 2019
Great place for a seasonal job. Its pretty relaxed and easy going. Nothing crazy or super exciting very goes on there. You only get to work there for 2 months which is my only gripe.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2019
Leslie's taught me about pools and chemicals. They taught safety precautions when handling such chemicals. I learned sales skills as well as cashier functions. I thoroughly enjoyed my seasonal position at Leslie's Pool Supplies.
Pros
Gained knowledge of chemicals, interactions and safety precautions. Good hours but I wish it had not been seasonal.
Cons
Seasonal position
Loved my coworkers, but schedule conflicted
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 22, 2019
Loved my managers and coworkers and had very few problems with even the customers. The winter hours became very boring though and due to other circumstances I couldn't effectively manage the store in between GMs and complete my other obligations.
Summers are busy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 21, 2019
Winters are slow. It is really a great job and Leslie’s care about employees. You make great friends and the customers are so nice and friendly. It’s like your own store.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Winters are slow
leslies pool supply
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32837May 20, 2019
it was fun but also a lot of sales you was talking to people and selling product or equipment not for me.if you cant sell or not into marketing this is not a job that you would want you have to cold call customers daily
Lots of pool knowledge needed.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2019
Great please to work, amazing employees. Very hard work for the low pay. The manager is very understanding and awesome, the company is loyal. Just very low pay.
Pros
Awesome employees and learning experience.
Cons
pay sucks.
Definitely was fun at first till you work their longer
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2019
Leslie's is a place you can start off as a CSR , and learn more about the company, but the thing about it is poor Customer service, poor Management and dispatchers,and communication, , staff would yell at you when you make a mistake. Felt discriminated at times constantly asked about what I would be doing or why do I wear certain things. Definitely felt like high school a lot of drama and favoritism, gossiping. Just wasn’t a pleasant experience they touch your belongings with out asking when they let you go and put in a box.
Pros
Some people were cool, scheduling wasn’t bad or hours
Cons
Too many calls not enough people, too much drama and gossiping, and discrimination didn’t feel comfortable going to work at times
Great if you hate doing anything in the Summer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 3, 2019
They only run a graveyard shift in the off season. In the summer you’ll be lucky to get an extra employee in the summer. You get no summer because of the industry type and you are not allowed to take time off during the season. Vacation is only allowed October thru January.

Underpaid for the amount of work that you do and it’s a specialty industry so they expect you to learn quick.

At least they had benefits

HR sucks
Benefits
Cons
You hate everyone
Overworked Underpaid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 30, 2019
I applied for a job here last summer as an Assistant Manager. Much to my avail I was rushed and pushed through and fast tracked to become a Store Manager.

The training here is pretty much non-existent and is rushed. I learned much of what I know thru experience of working my own store and from knowledge of my customers and various other managers.

I was assigned to a store that was close to being shut down due to poor management in the past. I literally brought that store from the ground up all alone with no solid staffing to support me. When i was finally assigned an Assistant, they went and used her as a floater and had her working at other locations, so once again I ran the San Mateo Store alone.

Considering all the work and time I have invested into the company, I was compensated at a lower rate compared to the other Managers.

In any case if you like working for a company with a high turnover rate and unstable management practices. Then this would be the place to work at.
Pros
Customers Satisfaction
Cons
No help with staffing, was my own employee, under compensated compared to other managers, managed everything in store
Fun and Great learning
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2019
Hours are long during the season from April to August and Normal from September to March. Management is good and willing to help in your growth as an employee is much as they can.
Bitter sweet
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 21, 2019
I loved it. It ultimately ended up sour but in hindsight it was great. I was the only employee for about 9 months and was managing it as an ASM for about 6 months before being promoted to manager. No work life balance, un fair pay for my area (for my experience? Sure, but not for my area) was working 60-70 hours a week and then let go for attendance as soon as I hired an ASM to help me out ...very scandalous...with all that said I was working at a subway before the manager at the time hired me on as ASM so at least I can get Management jobs thanks to them and running the whole store by myself tought me a lot too.
Pros
Varies
Cons
No work life balance
An overall good experience.
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2019
A typical day was stocking out supplies and interacting with customers. The hardest part was when a large number of customers would come in all at once. The most enjoyable part is being able to help the customers with their problems and get their pools back in good shape.
I loved Leslie’s
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2019
I loved working here, the customers were fun the atmosphere was great and there was always something to do. Learning about chemicals and how the work was
Fun
Very enjoyable place to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 16, 2019
Leslie’s is an honest trustworthy organization that stands behind its products and name. It is very knowledgeable and scientific when it comes to the process. It is very self safety conscious , the kind of place that looks after their employees safety
Pros
Flexibility training responsibility
Cons
Pay and benefits
High Paced Job
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2019
This is a fast paced growing company. There is very little down time so if you like hard work and consist tasks this is the place for you. Management all depends on the field you work in.
Relaxed and fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 9, 2019
It's initially confusing. I mean who'da thought pools would be so technical? But once you begin learning, you will be surprised at how interesting and cool it all is! Then when customers come in with issues, you will actually know how to help them and feel good about it when you do. Whether it be they need to get a new filter system, drain some water out, put some algae cleaner, or even a simple shock. Bet that I lost you there didn't I?? Haha. Well, If you want a job you'll LEARN to love, then apply. it's a great job! :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leslie's Poolmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight