Leslie's Poolmart Employee Reviews

Company is great
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 10, 2018
The workplace is great from the GM to the employees. Everyone for the most part came to work everyday in a great mood. The managers were very flexible with hours as well.
Don’t work for this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 3, 2018
This company works against itself, The commercial against the retail. Instead of working together on one big Regional budget your fighting for customers.
My particular store was not managed well and had lots of financial issues.
Pool/spa salesman (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2018
Not the greatest example of the company as a whole. Could still have better location around the U.S. I don't reccomend the Louisville, KY market but i can't judge the company as a whole.
Pros
Very laid back, not a lot of customer traffic.
Cons
Poor upper management.
Was good but going downhill fast
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2018
Company use to be an ok company to work for. Managers and DMs are over worked and under paid. Managers are expected to run the store like it is their own business but get paid like an average associate. When minimum wage increased by $2 current employees pay did not adjust.

The job is not a basic retail job, you have to learn chemistry and equipment. We are required to take care of customers pool investment but do not get compensated for the knowledge we learn. $14-$16/hour is not enough for a seasoned employee who exceeds all sales goals.

Upper management act like the care about you but really don't, they are all fake. Typical corporate company. 2 man crew is rough it causes a lot of pressure on staff.
Pros
Customer relationships
Cons
Over worked, under paid, high demand, long shifts in summer
Long hours in the summer; short hours in the winter
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 15, 2018
While working for this company, I found the management to be incompetent from top to bottom. It was a very dysfunctional work environment with a District Manager and Store Manager who did not see eye to eye which made my job as Assistant Store Manager especially difficult.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
poor management
Good seasonal job
Order Picker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 15, 2018
It is a good place to work, but it is a seasonal job. It is fast passed, and accuracy is a must. Overtime during the busy season is encouraged, and they work holidays.
Commercial team is weak
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2018
Poor pay, poor management, inferior benefits, no resources to do the job. The commercial sales role is a joke, no one is held accountable except the CAE in the field.
Cons
benefits, resources, management attitude
Leslie’s was a seasonal business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 10, 2018
I liked the job for the most part . We tested customers water and recommended the proper chemicals to keep there commodities looking and feeling good
Pros
Sometimes lunches
Cons
Short staffed a lot
customer service representative
Customer Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2018
job sucked
the work load was massive
no time off ever, in fact, they wanted me to work more that what was scheduled
had to multitask many duties that were almost Impossible to do
Pros
free coffee in the break room
Cons
everything else
Run from this place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 7, 2018
12.50 for a so called “Fast Track Store Manager” position. Which will never happen. On the interview they will promise the world. The associates and Managers in the store are great. It’s the District Managers who will say anything to just get people to work in their stores for the summer. Waste of time.
Don’t work there.
Pros
Easy job
It is retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXNovember 5, 2018
The retail environment is what Leslie's is all about. Push their product, and up sell as much as possible. I have a great knowledge base, and a degree, and I am still working as a sales associate.
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 4, 2018
For being a corporation this company operates with only one employee per store. You are working 10-12 hours per day without any relief for a break or lunch. They don't give you enough training.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work/life balance
No appreciation for employees
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaOctober 28, 2018
There is so much I can say about this company. I enjoyed the work as I am a tinkerer/builder/crafter, but the company culture is horrible. It's bottom line thinking to the extreme and the field employees are the ones held responsible for everything that goes wrong. Customer gets angry because the company order procedures makes it nearly impossible to get their items in a reasonable amount of time and its the service tech the company holds responsible, not the policy that takes up to 3 weeks to get an order processed through. Sales are down because its Christmas and no one is using or worried about their pool and store managers get fired for it. Work hard to meet goal and earn raises and they find every excuse not to give it to you. I had to train and be acting manager for co-workers that were being paid a lot more than me from their hire date. Besides meeting or beating nearly every sales goal required to qualify for raises, I was never given one raise in the 3.5 years I worked for them. I stayed at the lowest pay tier. Even when they increased the starting pay for new hires, I was never bumped up in pay
Great People, great place to work.
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 21, 2018
It was great working retail in the store because there were so many familiar customers coming in everyday and you start to build friendships with them. With the friendships I have made with my customers they in turn put more trust in me when I was ever trying to sell them products.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
A lot of chemicals
6 months high intensity 6 months low intensity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 21, 2018
The job is fairly simple as long as you like people. Customer service is most important and taking care of those customers is what keeps the business going. Some days become a little monotonous but the overall workload isn't too heavy but can be stressful.
Succession is dependent upon the employee as to whether or not they want to move up quickly or slowly.
I would never recommend !!
None (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
No comments about the company!! All the opinions depend on who you are and how you see yourself. Personally not a fan of the company or the culture !!
no comment
Leslie's Pool Supplies Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2018
no comment after 10 years stress got to me wish it was different and not like how it turned out i was great at what i did i still am one of if not the best at what i did in the state of AZ
This job gets really busy in the summertime and really slow in the wintertime.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed the job overall. You must be willing to work with customers and maintain professionalism amongst sometimes rude people. The pay is a little lacking for someone my age, but it could be a great job for younger people.
Pros
Fast paced, I personally had a great manager.
Cons
Retail hours, pay
"WASTE OF TIME" - it's a real shame to see a company like this.
Employee (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 28, 2018
I have seen two stores lose 8 store managers, < 12 employees in less than 12 months. Managers are overworked and under paid, this stress trickles down to the employees who are not trained properly. Constant computer issues at Point of Sale add to customer frustrations. Working with minimal staff as per corporate instructions leads to long wait times for customers.

As an example the healthcare the company offers is extremely expensive for a family of two and the cost was about $380 (BI WEEKLY) with very little benefit and an out-of-pocket maximum of 8k to 12k.
Pros
A job
Cons
Many, inconsistent schedules, unrealistic expectations, Basic pay, very expensive healthcare
downhill fast
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Extremely low pay compared to other "specialty retail". You get what you pay for in attracting talent to your company. "Salary Plus" is just another way for a company to abuse payroll. You get paid a yearly salary based on a 40 hour work week. Then are required to work an average of 48 hours a week but get paid half the rate you made for the previous 40 hours. Store Manager and District Manager turnover is insanely high, no one gets properly trained in product knowledge or operations before being put into position. Refusal to adapt to match online competitors will be the downfall of this company. Most of them are even own by leslies aka PoolSupplyWorld & InTheSwim! 20% more expensive than other brick and mortar retail competitors.
Pros
its still a job
Cons
2 man teams are not enough staffing to cover a store incase of an emergency or illiness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leslie's Poolmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight