Leslie's Poolmart Employee Reviews

hours are bad
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
Male centered environment. Degrading.
12 hour days in summer and part time in the off season. Not a steady job unless you are store manager or above
Pros
Cons
everything
Tone deaf management
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
Management is totally numbers driven, and prone to nit-pick details. The primary corporate tenant is :a culture of thrift"; this leads to a culture where the company executives will trip over a dollar to pick up a nickel. Senior management lacks field or even industry experience, and continually pushed down programs that were unworkable or unrealistic. Budgets were set without regard to market analysis or past year's performance.
Lack of Communication
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2018
I believe that i was just thrown into the postion without the help i needed and wanted. The mangager took advabtage of my kindness and work ethic and began to take advantage of that. I missed 1 day in the 9 months i worked there and only had 1 full day of per week which was sunday.i opended the dtore closed it set the alarms took all the bank deposits at least 3 timesa week.
Great Coworkers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 1, 2018
Not much different from standard retail. Customers range from great regulars to annoying one timers. There is a bit of a learning curve to understanding the industry, but that's where experienced coworkers come in.
Excellent Fast Paced Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 30, 2018
My district manager was a pain to work with. He claimed to be family oriented yet wasn't flexible when it came to someone else's family. Getting time off for doctors appointment had to be submitted 4 weeks in advance and a doctors excuse was required. The customers for the most part were awesome. Training was provided.
Pros
Great customers and employees
Cons
Short breaks and horrible District Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 28, 2018
I really like the atmosphere of Leslie’s Poolmart. Got along with everyone and we had fun but worked hard. Always putting the customer first and making sure the store itself was in tip top condition.
A Great Place to Work
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 28, 2018
Leslie's is a great place to work. The customers are usually patient and are willing to learn about their pools. The hours are long, but the days seem to go by quickly. The lack of breaks, the long hours, and the inability to take off during significant portions of the summer hurt relationships with family and friends.
Productive work place
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 24, 2018
assisted customers with their needs
cash management and opening and closing the stores
management was poor
culture was fun
lifting requirements were hard
I enjoyed assisting customers
Pros
over time
Cons
the job was only seasonal
pool equipment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJuly 20, 2018
Fun place to work at. and customers where nice, management team was very good.workplace culture was good. hardest part of job was to make sure we did'nt run out product.Most enjoyable part was talking to customers.
It was a good customer service position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 20, 2018
Typical customer service in a small store. Nothing crazy or over the top, just help customers find what they need, and do some light cleaning. Not bad.
Good company to work for, but can be stressful at times due to lack of working staff. You don't get much homelife. The business requires a lot of time
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 18, 2018
I nice fun place to work. The corporate personnel are helpful and want you to succeed. They will help anyway they can. The job can be stressful at times due to lack of help. Corporate sets the budget on what hours every store gets for employees and sometimes it's not enough for the amount of customers that frequent the store.
Pros
Job security, fair salary.
Cons
You work all holidays except x-mas, thnksgving, & new years day, and not enough help.
Working as an assistant manager at Leslie's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2018
Everything is going to depend on your manager and how well they actually train you on everything. My manager made sure that I was well trained before she left me alone with any of the other employees and before she would leave me alone to run the store. During the summer everything is very fast paced. While during the winter you barely get business (depending on the region you work and live in) because most people don't have an indoor pool or they don't have a hot tub. But during the winter you can get the store reorganized and change the look if you want. Have customers get mad because they have to have a coupon to get the discount so unless you have the coupon as well you cant give them the discount
Pros
Learn how to work quickly
Cons
Don't always get your lunch, Customers aren't always patient
Leslie
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 14, 2018
It is a great place to work at customers are nice and the store is clean and up too par jus a seasonal job and they are not giving out any hours for me to be able to live no benefits
Good
Unload truck stock chemicals (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 14, 2018
Leslie is a goo place too work it’s jus a seasonal job and they are not giving out many hours like normally and they only pay 8.25$ that’s not living money
Not very good at training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 11, 2018
I may have liked it better if I would have been trained better, most of my training was due to taking the initiative to call other stores in the state for questions, had a store manager in Greenland that was very patient and helpful over the phone and didn't approve of how little my manager trained me.
It was okay
Work Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2018
Typically I just came in, filled jugs with chlorine, and sold pool equipment, ad reagents to customers. Some moments were fast pace, as it was the summer, but most moments were't. I feel like my boss was overworked sometimes. However I hated not getting more hours since hours were based off how much we would be making in a week. It just encouraged to continue with school because merchandise is not the life for me.
Pros
nothing to be honest, the pay was good
It was alright
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 5, 2018
A good first time job, the hours weren't always spectacular and easy to do. You'll either work 6 hours or 11 depending on your manager. Very little time off and I had to call out several times for my mental and physical health.
Pros
One of the more "fun" companies
Cons
No benefits for seasonal workers, long hours
Not a fun place
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2018
Your typical day is standing around rearranging chemicals while you inhale chlorine all day. You do not make commission and are forced to move heavy and large quantities of chemicals.
Seasonal fast paced retail environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2018
Can be extremely stressful & busy at times and ridiculously slow at others. It's a seasonal business that operates year round. Can be very repetitive with water testing.
Pros
Slow winters
Cons
Busy summers, dangerous chemicals, retail customers
Great people good job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 27, 2018
Enjoyed the work it made me feel accomplished at the end of the day and gave me a good work ethic. Kept me busy most of the time and was not too much down time.
Pros
Good coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leslie's Poolmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight