Leslie's Poolmart Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a bad place to pick up management experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2018
The store teams are excellent work well together and get along well. District managers, VPs, and above are constantly crushing the store teams with useless busy work and ridiculous store promotions. Micromanagement is a big issue.
Pros
Hours, Teamwork, Store Management
Cons
Mandatory overtime, micromanagement, low pay
Demanding, backbreaking and underpaid labor.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belle Isle, FLMay 17, 2018
I was excited about getting this job. I was misled.

The management style is hands off and bullying. Hurtful words and using employees as pawns against one another constantly.

You may not get your lunch break.

The training was a series of computer videos you are encouraged to skip to finish faster.

HR is a joke and barely there.

You may be tempted to apply. Save yourself the pain. Better to be unemployed and hungry than work here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management, no insurance, non-existent HR
Hours, environment,
Asst. Center Manager/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2018
Good hours and good environment to work in. Fast paced when the summer time is here. During the summer time the warehouse is very hot to work in. Slow and cool in the winter time.
Pros
paid time off after 6 months
Cons
new hires start right in the middle of the busy season
Good work with bad pay
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2018
Great place to work with bad pay and rude general and distract managers. I'd look elsewhere before being employees with Leslie's pool supplies. The pay is not good
Great environment
Government Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaMay 1, 2018
I had the pleasure of working with some of the most creative Executives in the Industry. Training was a constant part of our culture and the application of that training was essential to further the business. I was able to transfer the theory based education I received at Arizona State University into real business application. Leslie's is the largest Pool Supply company in the US and the Executives instill every day what it takes to continue growth.
Pros
Training
Cons
Company had trouble keeping managers
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 28, 2018
I started as a clerk moved up to assistant manager and then to store manager. I was moved all over the region due to management issues and other store issues. I became a trouble shooter for them and walked in had to resolve issues and help issues and get the store running good again while the upper management looked for a new store manager. Once that manager was found I was then moved on to another store.to resolve issues. Sometimes running multiple locations
Cons
lack of promoting and hiring
Good place to work if your one of the chosen few for the District Manager.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2018
This area is hard to work in the District manager for the company doesn't allow for experience nor does he allow for autonomy when running a store. Its his way regardless of what the company plans are and will not support his managers.
Good company
Store Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 19, 2018
Customers appreciate knowledge of pool care so training is a must. You have to stay current on equipment and be well-versed when selling. Customer service is huge here. inventory must be well- organized. Trucks/shipments come at 6am so you have to be there to let them in and deliver.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks
Not a good experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2018
Poor management with little to no direction provided by district leaders. Placed in underperforming store as a manger within 6 months. Reprimanded for improving sales not in accordance with their bottom line
No comment
Specialty retail store manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2018
10 year employee with the company should say a lot. The direction of the the company and my standards do not align with each other is the reason for seeking other employment
busy place
Pool Service Technician helper (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 3, 2018
very busy during opening and closing besides that the rest of the season is slow.so you wont make much at during slow times unless your a tech.its seasonal job too
Learned alot at Leslies
Sales associtate to Commercial Sale's Rep (Former Employee) –  AZMarch 30, 2018
Had a blast learning the pool trade at Leslies. Just wish they offered more of a competitive pay. After a employee shows their worth to the company. Overall a amazing workplace.
A very relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
Leslie's was a very relaxed workplace with great people who all work hard, but also know how to have fun. Training was extensive and gave me a deep knowledge of pools that I use to this day.
Pros
Flexible hours, fair wages, fair breaks
Cons
N/a
Excellent Organization
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2018
This is a great organization that gives individuals the opportunity to make $$$. Management and workplace is great to work with. The hardest part of the job is the long driving hours and traffic.
my view
Commercial Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 22, 2018
Work is work. This job interacts with customers making their lives easier, that's a plus. Payroll budgets limit staffing. Not having the proper tools to move quickly for the customers is a downside. Slow computer systems, to much having to follow up on how corporate areas are completing their work. That statement can be related directly to staffing and payroll budgets also across the company. From corporate staffing to the store/center staffing. lack of delivery vehicles determine lack of results for customers. Salary increases do not keep up with other company's of this size. PCP packages are skewed to look like an overall advantage in overall income that can be effected beyond an individuals control. Corporate decisions, changing direction mid season, late budgets being passed down 1/3 into a season. Lack of communication from the corporate level down. Jobs crossing over will impact one individuals results based on the other jobs results. CSC vs CAE vs Retail stores. Setting expectation at the store/commercial level then making decision or not following through on decisions at a corporate level. All these individual areas can impact a PCP.

Hope this is found helpful!
Low pay for what they require you know
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2018
Company has difficult time retaining employees due to what they expect for the compensation. Inhale chlorine all day long. Do not provide Managers enough help during busy time in season.
Pros
Cons
inhale chlorine all day long, long hours, low pay
Leslies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLMarch 21, 2018
Turnover at Leslies is high.Poor training or next to no training, not enough income to live on, no room for advancement. Health benefits good. Chemicals in store are strong. can cause headaches or worse.
Pros
Health Coverages good
Cons
Chemicals, Poor Pay, Long Hours, no room for advancement
Bad experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 15, 2018
I had very run in with my manager constantly bullying me taking advantage of my labor. I opened and closed the store took the bank deposits to the bank. Made 10$ an hour never received any type of Commmission still going through the process of getting this resolved and taking care of. In the 7 months I was there I never missed a day was never write. And I was Assistant Store Manager
Pros
Great Customes
Cons
Pretty good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 6, 2018
Over all a good place to work. Very busy in the spring and summer. Slower the rest of the year.My problem was the payroll was way to low leaving one person working alone a lot.
Good summer job.
Lead Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 1, 2018
The job is basic. It involves filling packaging (pails, buckets, bottles, and bags) using different dispensing equipment. The job also includes dating products, packing and palletizing. There are also reachtruck and forklift jobs available. The job does require some heavy lifting, with some products ranging in weight from 5 to 50 lbs. depending on the day-to-day production needs.
Pros
Steady work for full-time employees, Hard-working summer employees will be considered for full-time employment in the winter.
Cons
Non air-conditioned facility. Chemicals will stain or bleach clothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leslie's Poolmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight