Lessing's Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment, high turnover rate, no employees
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 16, 2019
Horrible empolyer, no lunch breaks during 8 hr shifts which is required by LAW & management will belittle and talk down to u any chance they get. If you ever need assistance at that place YOUR ON YOUR OWN.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
work here was okay
ASSISTANT COOK/PREP (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYMay 11, 2019
Working here was funny, the cook was but she didn't really know how to cook, she couldn't deep fry to safe her life, food had no flavor, the pay was okay but no benefits.
Bad company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakdale ny.April 7, 2019
I remember working for one of their restaurants I would work all day and never receive a break in the several months I worked there. These people would understaff the kitchen so they could get their money's worth out every person.
Pros
None no benefits not even breaks.
Cons
The whole place.
awful place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 23, 2019
horrible place to work. i really didnt learn anything that i already knew. the hardest part of the job was dealing with a racists manager accusing you of stealing. the most enjoyable part was when he left.
major clash between marketing and production
grill cook, food prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2019
A day was smooth as long as a manger didnt enter the establishment. there was a great team aspect amongst the partners. i would enjoy a team based workplace as that was
Decent but not a place I would make a career out of.
Food Prep/ Grill/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Easy job. Early hours, just not something I saw myself doing for the rest of my life. You started at 5 -6 in the morning depending on which location your at, finished around 1:30-2 in the afternoon. Prep food as well as cook meals for customers. Once lunch is over you prep for the next day and clean up for the day and go home.
Fun place to work at
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Kings Park, NYNovember 17, 2018
A typical day is nice and calm. One of the hardest parts about the job is the heat in the summer. There would be a lot of people during events and it would be really hot. I really enjoyed the job because of the people there we were all friends and it was really fun being with everyone.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No air conditioning
Not worth your time
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 12, 2018
Relaxed job if you don't care. The managers don't bother with lazy workers they just let them do what they want. Low pay, workers have been there for years and get minimum wage, regardless of any advancement. Funky clock in system 30 minute breaks. Checks are inconsistent among the majority of workers. Management will do anything to save money. It's a school so you will not get a FULL year of pay due to school holidays, breaks and inclement weather. Overall not worth the time.
heavy work load. need to work hard and quick paced
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  accounts payable adminstratorOctober 2, 2018
Need to be able to multi task and work hard. Nice work environment. Extremely quiet office. Word load increases over time. Position consists of various office tasks.
Terrible place to work with no help and no upper management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 11, 2018
Stay far away from this shady company that uses and abuses all it's employees from manager to hourly employee..there is no help and when you call and ask for help you are told sorry there is no one because the company is to cheap and is always trying to cut corners and cost.there is no such thing as training so you have people cooking and handling food that never change gloves, wash hands and have no idea what food safety is.breaks are not allowed upper management wants you to falsely document that breaks are being taken you are told that the needs of the business come before a break it's a joke.the office in new York has no idea what is really going on and does not care about the people doing the work they can't even offer affordable health insurance
Pros
No managers around because there short staffed
Cons
Everything, health insurance is unaffordable
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  CCRI ProvidenceSeptember 4, 2018
I did an internship to to keep my skills sharp and to learn new things. It was a very good placement - very busy and fast paced. I loved it.
The staff were all very helpful
Friendly ,Encouraging, Fast paced
Cook ,Prep Food (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2018
I will have a daily routine in organizing and stocking food deliveries. I would season and cook food to expectation. I learn different variety of recipes and procedure in cooking. Manager was very friendly. Meeting new people and getting to know what or how they like their food.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
stressful and poor managment
worker (former employee) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 3, 2018
still hiring new employees but not good for other workers because it is either overstaffed or understaffed. Manager barely helps instruct you and puts it off on manager leads who barely instruct you unless YOU take the lead and ask to be trained in other areas. All management does things differently, some do certain things different that others wouldn't want being done when under their watch. Need to get their team together.
Pros
free drinks, discounts.
Cons
difficult managment, hours and stressful times
Poor management & staffing, underappreciated employees, no room for advancement.
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 30, 2018
Dont be fooled, this is just a job NOT a career. The location I worked at was an eye opener for me on companys such as lessings. The management here is one of the worst ive ever dealt with. They promise you lots of things in the beginning such as raises and vacation time & so on. I worked there for almost a year and we were always understaffed which led to me doing manager work as a regular paid employee. Lessings doesn't acknowledge hard workers they simply just use you up until your sick of the unfulfilled promises. I wouldn't in a hundred years suggest anyone to work for lessings atleast not the ones in MA. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get yourself involved with this company!
Pros
Free lunch
nice place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Great River, NYJune 27, 2018
Great place to work but i need advancement opportunities. I enjoy my co-workers and the customers but need to further my career. Very easy to learn there.
Nice place to work if you like to engage with diverse students of all ages
Barista (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 11, 2018
Great experience to work at. Although I worked part time and was a full time student, the manger worked with me to manage both. Staff is easy to work with but I recommend sick too yourself.
Service ok
lead Mongolian grill cook (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 6, 2018
Good food management needs to listen to workers more often .
Good hours Monday thru Friday 7-3
Small cafeteria not alot of students
Staff are friendly an helpful
Pros
Good food
Cons
Low pay
fun place to work but...
Barista Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 2, 2018
It was a fun place to work at. But there were some draw backs. Low pay wages, and no sick pay. Some times long hours because everyone called out. Low morale, stressful at times. The plus side is that the manager was very nice, always worked with me to make the place better, and worked with my class schedule.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
low pay, unlivable wages, no sick pay
Good company with nice people surrounding it
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 27, 2018
Working for Lessing’s was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys working with new faces and diverse food culture in the kitchen. A typical day is started with a breakfast served at 12 then after it ends it goes to lunch then dinner. The food served is cooked frozen and fresh which makes for a healthy balance of nutrition. I believe I learned a lot about how a kitchen is supposed to be run and a lot about the Jewish culture. I was very intrigued about their religion and culture and was taught very well before I dove into work so that I felt comfortable serving food to customers. It’s a great place overall and I would recommend working there
Pros
Free dinner lunch and bread easy
Cons
Busy
Fast paced environment
Cashier, food prep, and server (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 25, 2018
I would go in the mornings to get the salad bar ready and drinks refilled with many more until open time. Then, I would be serving the customers with desired order.