LeTourneau University Employee Reviews

Letourneau
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 9, 2018
This was a part time job I got to save money. My husband was cheating on me and I was a stay at home mom. This did help a little but it was a very simple job,
Professor
Professor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 1, 2018
Enjoyable setting. Students are well behaved and interested in learning. However, the pay is miserably low and the resources for the professors are thin. For example, obtaining colored copies of a journal manuscript or simply printing black and white copies of information on the internet is highly frowned upon. The support of several professors made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
Nice campus, good students
Cons
Pay, resources
Adjunct for Professionals
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Working at LeTourneau University offered a collegial environment in a small setting. Students in the program were working professionals who appreciated the education they were receiving from the adjunct instructors.
My favorite job
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 31, 2018
This was a student worker position, meaning only the students could work here and we were only allowed to work around 20 hours a week. My co-workers were great and my manager was awesome. I loved this job!
Pros
Amazing job for a student
Cons
Could only work so many hours a week since it was a student worker position
Fun place to work
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Fun, relaxed, and very friendly place to work. This was my very first job and I enjoyed every bit of it. My bosses were very nice and funny but serious when need be. I learned many things while working here.
Fun and Loving Staff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Everyone wants each other to succeed. If someone is struggling, there is an abundance of resources and many people who are willing to come to your aid.
Good Part-Time
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Engineering DepartmentDecember 5, 2017
The job was part-time work for the engineering department. The hours were very flexible which was good for my tough engineering course schedule. The job was not very organized, but I had the ability to work from my room.
Increadible place to learn and work
Linear Lab Grader (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 11, 2017
This place has a fantastic atmosphere. They integrate faith and work like I've never seen. You could not choose a better place to work and learn about God.
Pros
Faith-baised
DIRECTOR OF DISTANCE LEARNING (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 22, 2017
Overall a good school and good people. I enjoyed my time working here and found it a great place to grow. It was several years ago that I work there however.
Not bad place to work
Professor of Materials Joining Engineering (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 28, 2017
nice environment, the atmosphere is fun to be around and the days off are nice if you enjoy teaching. Little hard from time to time to take that much time off and then jump back to work.
Great Co-Workers
THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 26, 2017
I have enjoyed the community of LeTourneau. It was for the most part a very encouraging environment for personal and professional growth. I would recommend LeTourneau University for education and employment opportunities.
A great techy Christian College
Professor of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 13, 2017
Great engineering and aviation undergraduate college. It is a small college with limited masters programs. The teaching load is heavy and the expectations of scholarship are growing.
Pros
Great Christian community
Cons
Small college during a changing higher education time
Good Place to Work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 14, 2017
Working for LeTourneau University was a positive experience for me. It taught me much of what I know now as a programmer. The supervisors were positive and supportive people and my coworkers were bright and cheerful.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Sometimes Free Lunches, Fun Environment, Positive People
Excellent place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 12, 2017
Great people to work for and with. Everyone that works there believes in taking care of the fellow co-workers and they treat everyone with the utmost dignity and respect.
Pros
The people that you work with are great.
Cons
Low pay
Love Working There Wish I Didn't have to Leave
Adjunct Speech Instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 9, 2017
For the most part the people and students are great. It has been such a rewarding experience teaching and being taught. There is a lot of love at LeTourneau University.
Pros
The environment, the people
Cons
The administration
Great work place and school
Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX 75602March 28, 2017
LeTourneau University is a good place to work and a better place to receive an education. I enjoyed working there and I love going to school here. I highly recommend it.
Fun place to work while attending college here.
Yellow Jackets Activity Council (YAC) (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 12, 2017
For the YAC job, the whole crew would meet once a week to prepare for and plan events for the student body. Later, usually on a Friday or Saturday, the group would set up, run, and tear down for whatever planned event we had. Gained experience with large event planning and organization, delegation, and time management.
For the mail center job, two hours in the morning packages would be received, scanned, labelled, organized, and checked out to students. Gained efficiency, organization, and time management skills.
For the Peer Adviser job, a group of freshmen were assigned to all the leaders and throughout the semester would meet with and be advised however necessary by the peer advisers. Gained leadership, conflict resolution, and interpersonal relation experience.
Pros
Flexible Hours.
Cons
Few Hours Due to School Schedule
Great for students
Lead Painter / HVAC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Great for students. Easy and flexible schedule. Work orders can be done any time of day. Work can be done in between class, before class, or after class.
Good scheduling system and good support from supervisors
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Worked about 5 hours a week as a math tutor. Scheduling system was smooth and efficient, and I was able to communicate effectively with students before the sessions to find out what they needed help with and prepare myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping fellow students to master Calculus and other classes that I had proficiency in.
Pros
Scheduling system, support staff, personal fulfillment
competitive
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 20, 2016
Letourneau is a Christian competitive University that has great and supportive professors who want to see their students succeed in the future both in their careers and spiritually