Lettuce Entertain You Employee Reviews

Fun and effective work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2018
The pace of work could change in an instant, one moment the place is empty and tranquil then the next it’s packed and buzzing.
I learned how to rationalize with upset customers.
My managers were great and understanding.
The part that I enjoyed the most was working with my friends and making a few new ones.
Pros
Free meal for every shift, friends
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we appreciate it! Feedback from caring employees like you is an important part of our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Thanks again.

One of the best ever
SHAW'S CRAB HOUSE - Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2018
Most of the full time staff could bring in over 100k a year. we would do from 300-900 cover a night. Shaws crab house is a 30 million a year machine. One of the best companies in the world to work for.
Pros
great money
Cons
managers were sort of lacking
November 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. Feedback from our caring employees (like you) helps us in our ongoing efforts to continually improve. If you’d like to further discuss your feedback, please call 773-878-5588 to reach Susie Southgate-Fox, EVP of HR.

Great Company comprised of Great People
New Development Team - Lead Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Combined with an energetic passion for delivering best in class service, the company is experienced in developing and introducing innovative concepts. LEYE offer chances to grow with in the organization.
September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Feedback from caring employees like you is an important part of our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Appreciate it!

Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
You get to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and make great friendships while working and maintain a healthy work relationship with your peers.
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Feedback from caring employees like you is really important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Thanks again!

High stress work never ends
FOH (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Do yourself a favor and don't work for them No Respect for FOH
Staff from Management. Comments made which were derogatory. Way too much work with no /poor back -up. High tip out for level of service from support staff.
Place was always short staffed and short on supplies.
Managers favored longer term employee's and were very obvious about it. Tread carefully before you quit your old job they make promises they don't intend on keeping.
Very snarky People. Full of themselves.
Pros
Food is good.;
Cons
No breaks, Too much is asked for a very low hourly wage., . Tips are taxed and you will end up owing money since there is no offset. Very cheap Company.
September 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about your experience with us. Please contact me directly at 773-878-5588. Thank you. -- Susie Southgate-Fox, Executive Vice President, Human Resources

Excellent opportunities for growth
Point of Sale Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Overall it's a great company to work for. Needs to improve on work/life balance for employees. You can go as far as you want with the right skills and motivation.
Pros
free lunch, great atmosphere, ability for growth
Cons
no work/life balance
September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate direct feedback from caring employees like you, it helps us target our ongoing efforts to continually improve. If you wish to discuss your feedback further, please contact Susie Southgate-Fox, EVP of Human Resources, at 773-878-5588.

They have your back
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 28, 2018
I felt tremendous support from the Regional Managers and Owner of Big Bowl as well as fellow General Managers. The staff I worked with at multiple locations all came with unique personalities that I always enjoyed.
Pros
Support from employers, positive work environment, health care, 401k
Cons
Hourly/Salaries, 55+ contract, under staffed
September 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it. If you wish to further discuss your feedback, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at 773-878-5588. Thanks again!

Great Atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
Being and intern for Lettuce Entertain You was a great experience! I was able to learn a lot about the industry and I loved the people I got to work with and I met new people every single day.
August 28, 2018

Great concepts, good food
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2018
Broken promises by partners, no work life balance, minimum 12 hr work days. Concepts are good and the food is decent to better than average. Always learning something new.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. If you'd like to share additional feedback about your experience with our Human Resources team or the EVP of HR, please contact us directly at 773.878.5588. Feedback from caring employees like you is important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Thanks again.

Cool work experience to interact with people
Kiosk Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Great work environment to get work done and a great staff. Reasonable location to transportation near train & busses. Discounts and employee appreciation party as well once a year.
Pros
Free preshift snacks
Cons
Short breaks
July 16, 2018

Thanks for your comments & sharing feedback on your experience at Lettuce Entertain You. We appreciate it.

Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Work meeting go over specials
set up tables
server guests
maintain tables
break down

I loved interacting with guest and co workers. Management was always there or you.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
can be long hours
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Lettuce. Thanks again!

Fast paced and hands on job
I.T. Lead Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
My days varied and were never the same. I supported each of the restaurants depending on severity of their issue. Overall it is fast paced and requires a high level of communication
Pros
Awesome food, great people, and cultue
Cons
Long commutes and amounts of store visits
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your thoughts. We genuinely appreciate it; thanks again!

Low work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Didn't have much time for any social life and never felt very friendly with the other managers though I'm sure that varies from store to store. If you're willing to stick it out for a few years the company will do enough to keep you.
Pros
Discounts, job security
Cons
work/life balance
June 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is truly appreciated and helps us make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Thanks again.

Used to be great but new GM is horrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2018
Used to love going to work at Joe's stone crab but new GM is horrible. Made racist comments and heavy favoritism. Seating is not fair and don't expect to change it because they will try and fire you just for saying something about it. Management turn over is high since the new GM. The tips are good but the stress is too much.
Pros
Half off lunch. Tips are good
Cons
Horrible GM, favoritism, They will fire you for no reason
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We feel strongly about the right of every employee to be treated with respect and to work in peace and harmony. We are looking into your concerns and will address them appropriately. If you have any additional insights to share, please contact our Human Resources team directly at 773.878.5588. Feedback
from Caring employees like you is important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. We appreciate it.

Fast Paced Upscale Dining
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2018
I loved working at LEYE. I matured not only in a culinary aspect, but learned the business aspects of running a restaurant.

LEYE management style made for a great work environment; cultivating culinary interests in its employees, and promoting creativity from any kitchen employees, as well as guidance to provide training on accurate procedures and techniques.

My involvement ranged from daily operations from opening, ordering, scheduling, menu development, expediting service, and closing services.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Feedback from Caring employees like you is really important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Appreciate it!

Creative Work Environment
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Corporate and restaurant Lettuce Entertain you are very different. The creative environment was interesting to witness and the restaurants and their success speak for themselves.
Productive and fun workplace.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
Us dishwashers had different responsibilities. I was responsible for hand washing pots, pans, trays, and other containers, collecting trash in the kitchen for throwing out. The atmosphere was fun and friendly when it was slower.
NOT the place to be
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
It starts off as a great job, but at El Segundo sol, and stripburger is not the place to be at. The managers have no respect for the hostess or the servers. They care so more about the customers than the actual team. If you can't handle the work they wouldn't hestitate to knock you down. They always bring bad news, and when they are stressed out. Expect their anger and stress to be put on you.
Pros
free lunch, okay pay
Cons
poor manangement, building falling apart
Productive and Exciting Workplace
VIP Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Amazing company to work for! Endless opportunities within the company, and excellent company culture. Management is the best in the business, and work hard to make the staff happy.
Decent place to work
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 11, 2017
Customer base at my restaurant extremely unpleasant. The work life balance is also extremely difficult. I close 5 nights a week when I was hired I was told Id be the opening manager, so its tough with a young child.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lettuce Entertain You. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight