Lettuce Entertain You Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Cool work experience to interact with people
Kiosk Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Great work environment to get work done and a great staff. Reasonable location to transportation near train & busses. Discounts and employee appreciation party as well once a year.
Pros
Free preshift snacks
Cons
Short breaks
July 16, 2018

Thanks for your comments & sharing feedback on your experience at Lettuce Entertain You. We appreciate it.

Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Work meeting go over specials
set up tables
server guests
maintain tables
break down

I loved interacting with guest and co workers. Management was always there or you.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
can be long hours
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Lettuce. Thanks again!

Fast paced and hands on job
I.T. Lead Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
My days varied and were never the same. I supported each of the restaurants depending on severity of their issue. Overall it is fast paced and requires a high level of communication
Pros
Awesome food, great people, and cultue
Cons
Long commutes and amounts of store visits
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your thoughts. We genuinely appreciate it; thanks again!

Low work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Didn't have much time for any social life and never felt very friendly with the other managers though I'm sure that varies from store to store. If you're willing to stick it out for a few years the company will do enough to keep you.
Pros
Discounts, job security
Cons
work/life balance
June 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is truly appreciated and helps us make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Thanks again.

Used to be great but new GM is horrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2018
Used to love going to work at Joe's stone crab but new GM is horrible. Made racist comments and heavy favoritism. Seating is not fair and don't expect to change it because they will try and fire you just for saying something about it. Management turn over is high since the new GM. The tips are good but the stress is too much.
Pros
Half off lunch. Tips are good
Cons
Horrible GM, favoritism, They will fire you for no reason
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We feel strongly about the right of every employee to be treated with respect and to work in peace and harmony. We are looking into your concerns and will address them appropriately. If you have any additional insights to share, please contact our Human Resources team directly at 773.878.5588. Feedback
from Caring employees like you is important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. We appreciate it.

Fast Paced Upscale Dining
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2018
I loved working at LEYE. I matured not only in a culinary aspect, but learned the business aspects of running a restaurant.

LEYE management style made for a great work environment; cultivating culinary interests in its employees, and promoting creativity from any kitchen employees, as well as guidance to provide training on accurate procedures and techniques.

My involvement ranged from daily operations from opening, ordering, scheduling, menu development, expediting service, and closing services.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Feedback from Caring employees like you is really important to our continuing efforts to make Lettuce Entertain You a great place to work. Appreciate it!

Creative Work Environment
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Corporate and restaurant Lettuce Entertain you are very different. The creative environment was interesting to witness and the restaurants and their success speak for themselves.
NOT the place to be
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
It starts off as a great job, but at El Segundo sol, and stripburger is not the place to be at. The managers have no respect for the hostess or the servers. They care so more about the customers than the actual team. If you can't handle the work they wouldn't hestitate to knock you down. They always bring bad news, and when they are stressed out. Expect their anger and stress to be put on you.
Pros
free lunch, okay pay
Cons
poor manangement, building falling apart
Productive and Exciting Workplace
VIP Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Amazing company to work for! Endless opportunities within the company, and excellent company culture. Management is the best in the business, and work hard to make the staff happy.
Decent place to work
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 11, 2017
Customer base at my restaurant extremely unpleasant. The work life balance is also extremely difficult. I close 5 nights a week when I was hired I was told Id be the opening manager, so its tough with a young child.
No Comment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Overall, it was a positive experience but some personnel changes would really help bring the company into the 21st century. Much of the top leadership firmly believes and enforces a culture of caring.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor 401K plan
first job
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
it was a great experience as a first/summer job. I am very grateful to have worked with such an amazing company. The managers were helpful and encouraging.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
other employees are rude at times
If you are going to work in the service industry, work for Lettuce Entertain You
Server/Barista/Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2017
Internal staff is top notch and company does a decent job at making sure their employees are taken care of. That said, if you'd like to move up within the company, make sure you are taking your own initiative.
Expeditor/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2017
Most of the time we are really busy and we work as a team. I learn a lot there and the people tend to be very friendly. The atmosphere is fulfilling. I really enjoy my time while I work.
Great company
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
Great company learned so much, not enough room for growth. Managers have all been there and become lazy. Company needs to become more hip to keep up with growing hospitality companies in the city.
Great place to work if you can handle very high volume
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Great eduacation and preparation for staff. Super busy restaurants! Mon Ami Gabi has a great culture and staff support. You will work with qualified professionals that take pride in their jobs.
Joes
Food Server Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2017
Held a position for a few months shy of 10 years and had the number two spot for most shifts worked. Time off was usually a given but not to be abused. Wine programs, classes and incentives were offered and if you wanted to try something it was encouraged to inquire about. High volume, fast paced environment and expect to stay longer than anticipated on some evenings.
Pros
Excellent kitchen staff
Cons
Same as any other place
Fun job but Management stinks
Barista, Cashier, Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
I worked at Foodlife and I fell in love with working there because there's workers who are dedicated and love what they do, but the management is what plummets the job. The management loves to praise and take the customer's side than their own team.
Pros
Food, Drinks, Regular Customers.
Cons
Hardly any breaks, Management, Favoritism
Interesting Place to be at
Point of Sale Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
This is a great place to work at. Every day is different. A lot of different personalities to work with. Not to mention the different restaurants to eat at.
Pros
Eating at different restaurants, the coworkers
Cons
Started out great and still have the potential.
Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  835 N. Michigan AveApril 25, 2017
Lettuce is a great company to a certain extent. My place of work was Foodlife. Foodlife was a great place for all walks of life until they changed the division. I sometimes run into guest to this day that have totally stopped patronizing the place. How I do miss the company and all the wonderful holiday parties and discounts, in the end the management turn out to be an awful team.
Pros
Great discounts, opportunities for growth, food and parties.
Cons
To many changes to great policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lettuce Entertain You. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight