Level 3 Communications Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
amazing workplace
Circuit Designer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 3, 2018
one of the best jobs I have ever had. I had amazing management and was able to shine through my work ethic. There was opportunity for growth and great benefits
Great first job
Human Resource Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 1, 2018
This was my first job out of college. I learned amazing skills from my mentor and boss. It was a very welcoming environment . People were willing to help each other out. Company offered many educational opportunities.
Pros
Bosses, mentors were amazing
Cons
growth opportunities
Great company culture, people are fantastic!
Sr. Sales Director- Enterprise/Global Accounts (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 31, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my two years at Level 3/Centurylink. Great culture, great management team, employees are very skilled and some of the best people I have ever worked with!
Pros
Culture and people
Cons
Na
Great place to work.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 12, 2018
I had 44 years with the communications company. They provided good pay and great atmosphere. I am sorry I retired. The management was great to work with and the coworkers were more like family.
Pros
Great work atmosphere.
Cons
Health care.
Day 2 day
CFS-Billing Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 11, 2018
Typical day- Log on at 6am, check and respond to urgent emails first. Make calls, Open the standard 14+ systems to work in and begin working. Process all order requests, provide quotes, escalate any issues, send requested account info and all related account management activities and follow up on all of that. The hardest part is trying to keep all the Partners and customers and Management happy all at once. There is a plethora of process and systems to work in and this job is Very Dynamic.
Pros
Great Team of People
Cons
To much to know.
Great people
Business Systems Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 26, 2018
This was a great place to work - lots of benefits and good possibilities for promotion. Good leadership and volunteer events. Level 3 loved to give back.
Pros
Employee Resource Groups
Cons
lots of hours
A productive place to work
Senior Manager--Network Systems (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
It can be a fun place to work. There are multiple ways to get training. I think management could be more supportive of people. I enjoyed being able to buy dinner for the Techs every couple of months.
Pros
Training
Cons
Healthcare
Insecure
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 5, 2018
Layoffs every 3 weeks. Everyone always looking over their shoulder. Employees throwing each other under the bus to look better to management and positioning. Constant change, and no clear direction. House of cards network that is just waiting for a crash because it hasn't been updated. Switches that hadn't been updated or rebooted in 15 years.
Very easy going
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed working here it was very comfortable and the people were great. They had on site everything, if i wanted a massage on my break they would send someone up!
Independent and Team Oriented
Toll Free Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 25, 2018
Great work environment, responsible for my delivery to my assigned account. Allowed to work independently as well as part of a Team. Overall a positive work environment.
Excellent Company
IP Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 18, 2018
They had an incredible training program before I began working, and the work environment was outstanding. I really respected and trusted my co-workers and managers.
Pros
Overall outstanding company
Cons
I would not recommend it.
Fiber Optics Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
I can't say I was happy with the insular boy's-club culture, the "it's only a problem if you let it be, we can handle that down the line" attitude of management, the chaotic and incomplete training, or the fairly long hours (but that you can't blame them for, just a fact of the job). The pay is decent, and the work isn't too hard once you figure out how to do it on your own if you aren't lucky enough to have been stationed with someone helpful. Overall the cons outweigh the pros here for me.
Pros
Decent Pay, OK benefits
Cons
Culture, hours, management, lack of proper training
Mostly positive
IP Technician Tier II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2018
Centurylink is a good company to work for. The workplace and my co-workers were always nice. The job could be stressful at times, but I would not say any more so than any job in telecommunications.
Great environment, smart people
Technical Service Manager-CDN Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 2, 2018
Level 3 (now CenturyLink) has been a great place to work. The people are driven, smart, and dedicated. It was better before it was bought by CenturyLink, but management changes are happening (more Level 3, fewer CTL in management), so the culture is evolving for the better. Pay is underwhelming, benefits are meh. They'll take every hour you give so it's easy to lose control of your work-life balance.
Level 3 Communications
Quality Assurance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 2, 2018
Level 3 Communications was a good place to learn and grow into a telecommunications environment from an infrastructure and project management perceptive. The were recently acquired by CenturyLink.
Pros
Growth opportunities, training, benefits
Cons
My last manager was judgemental and didn't listen to reason.
Focused on customers, internal and external
Global Product Management (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY & Denver, COApril 30, 2018
Enjoyed my experience with Global Crossing which was merged into Level 3. People were passionate about their work and the customers they served. Fast paced and collaborative in support of achieving goals.
Pros
People, Promotion Opportunities, Collaboration
Cons
Too focused on where people were located
It is a good starting point
Ops Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 26, 2018
I loved it in the beginning but after not receiving a raise or a title change. I am tired of working for a company that doesn't seem to have me in there best interest anymore.
Interesting place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 22, 2018
Interesting place to work. Good mix of talent. Allot of acquisition driven change over the years. Hard to tell if the culture is really changing or how quickly.
Competitive company, challenging and changing environment, fast-paced industry
NA Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 18, 2018
Opportunity for advancement in certain departments, company challenges employees, great benefits and perks of having geographic presence in LATam, EMEA, and Asia Pacific.
Great place to learn and grow
Business Analyst/Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2018
Helpful people, good management, great benefits. Highly recommend working here. Was brought in as a temp and hired on direct after several months. Only reason I left was to pursue management position somewhere else b/c no management position was available there at the time.
Pros
people, supportive environment, good leadership
Cons
large enough to be disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Level 3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Level 3 Communications.

Powered by Comparably