Levi Strauss & Co.

Found 1,709 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,730 reviews

Levi Strauss & Co. insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

productive and fun workplace

Where I worked it was always fun. My managers were great and the overall energy was just good. No stress when working at Levi's. Plus they have the best jeans, I literally never wear anything else lollll!

Difficult but satisfying work keeping a apparel production line running.

Maintaining and servicing apparel manufacturing machinery is a difficult job. Each sewing machine mechanic is responsible for maintaining between 10 and 50 sewing machines, depending on the type of machine and the degree of automation of the machines. The operators are trying to maintain a high level of productivity because their salary depends directly on how much they produce. This means the machines have to run constantly and have to sew the product to a very exacting standard. The managers' main concern is production and they want the down time kept to an absolute minimum. This means that any repair done on the machines has to be done quickly and the machine has to work to near perfect standards 100% of the time. Often there are a limited number of spare machines available for the operators to use while their own machine is being repaired. This is a very demanding job and the pay is below average for a skilled factory maintenance worker.

Pros

Fellow workers treat the sewing machine mechanics well.

Cons

Extremely noisy working conditions, Very demanding management, provide little in the way of training or backup

Very good

Very good place to work seems like a bit overwhelming with all the overtime but really is a cool job. Work schedule fits right with my children school.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Overtime

Great and very helpful people and comfortable environment

The people there were very helpful and loyal to me, taught me the ropes on how to be a proud member of their company, provided me with different opportunities to try different roles to help the company Pay was pretty ok, Overall a good place to gain job experience

Pros

Good people, good management, comfortable environment

Cons

short breaks, sometimes stressful, decent pay

Fun workplace no place for advancement

Fun work placeNo place for advancement. Will not reccomond please try and find something more worthwhile. Also theres not very much hours. Last but not least management is untrained

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

I finally just walked out and moved on. Allow me to repeat what was stated above. That modern day sweatshop is one of the worst places a human being can attempt to endure in the U.S.

Pros

There are no pros, well wait a min. They did have AC. and they believe that is an act of human kindness.

4 year sorter employee

Increasingly toxic and hostile workplace. Management randomly enforces rules to put stress on employees. Current work schedule has been seven 10-12 hour days with no end in sight. Typical work day has been fighting with the machines to make the mandatory numbers to not be written up. Attempts to communicate or chat with coworkers ended up in write ups and suspensions.Very competitive environment. Each employees numbers and performance are displayed to be seen. Management and Union push for higher standards from workers while machines continue to break down.Hardest part of the job is the excessive hours. Original shift was three 12 hour days, but for the last 3-4 months we've been on mandatory overtime working an extra four 10 hour days with no end in sight. All grievances and concerns are ignored.Was a low stress revolving door job, temps and workers came and went weekly. However after covid this structure hit the company hard and any long term employees are being punished for staying through it.

Pros

Mostly muscle memory, good for introverts, little team interaction

Cons

Toxic environment, little to no union communication or action, abusive management

Hard work and low pay

Low Pay. Performance expectations way too high. You can bust your tail til you puke and still get written up. Don’t be late or you will take a hit no matter the reason except death.

Pros

Most fellow workers are cool. Paid Holidays.

Cons

No money, sore head to toe, expectations are ridiculous and slim chance for advancement.

Great Company

This is a company that has great benefits and really cares about its people. As a merchandise coordinator there is a lot of flexibility. The problem is when the economy suffers you are the first to go.

Pros

Great benefits, comany cares about its people

Cons

Job security

Great culture

Great company culture but make sure you can maintain a life outside of work. Sometimes you’re tasked with outside projects that gets in the way of your life. The pay wasn’t enough for me to take my work home with me.

Jobs at Levi Strauss & Co.

See more jobs

It can get stressful when it gets busy, but very manageable once you get the hang of it. Super cool and supportive coworkers, most of the mangers are kind and understanding. Good work to life balance and not a super hard job.

Very helpful and friendly management & coworkers. Overall, I enjoyed my experience in the sorting/packaging department. The facility itself needed updating due to machines & belts needing frequent repairs which resulted in quite a bit of down time and a slower moving work day. I liked that they allowed for rotation of duties in the workplace which stifled boredom in doing the same repetitive jobs.

Pros

Good pay .. some free lunches .. team oriented

Cons

Sometimes required mandatory overtime

Can always be replaced with a temp.

The review summary is the staffing philosophy of the director and HR. Supervisors and managers are not exempt either. Would be lying if I said chance for advancement was zero but is is still really really low. Moving up only removes your schedule choices and give you little benefit in terms of pay. Job has a bad union that will pressure you to join, take it from me just don't. Overtime will be mandatory pretty much every day and likely Saturday/Sunday. If you have children/family on your medical insurance, pay out of pocket. it will be cheaper.

Pros

Once past probation, showing up is the only requirement.

Cons

Bad management, worse HR. working 8 days a week.

Fun place to work esp as a first job

They love taking people in for their first job since they can train them exactly as they like and they don't have any habits for work already formed. Company overall is awesome, they have resources for workers struggling with money/homelessness. My personal location was not the best, the folks working there were in tight cliques and talked bad behind other people's backs. The managers were fun and did their best to make a lovely work environment, even through the tough holiday season.

Pros

Awesome discount of 10% off clearance and 50% off everything else, I got a free pair of jeans when I joined, During holiday season if your store hits goals everyone gets a free item up to $100

Cons

Was told I would be hired on fully after the seasonal period but instead was let go of

Great balance of work and a positive environment

Worked here for close to two years now and, it's an amazing environment to be around, living in a tourist area it's rare to see the same face twice. Although it's not the most tasking or physically demanding job getting loaded with shipment and dealing with large crowds and the occasional rude customer isn't fun either, it does feel like I'm getting paid to hang out with my friends.

Great place to work with a very supportive team.

Awesome place to work for an individual who is a Maintenance Technician/Mechanic. My experience with the team found them to be supportive and eager to train/teach. The pay was great and while I was there I understood that the benefits package was better than most. During their busy season you put in a lot of hours and there is no time to sit down which makes the days fly by. I completed my probationary period with being late by minutes, between 3 minutes and 10 minutes. Never missed a day. Though they never quite said why I was not awarded a permanent position with the company I can only assume it is because I have a felony conviction on my record. I think it's horrible to allow a person to work for your company because it's your "Busy Season" knowing that that person is a convicted felon and a great worker and more than competent to do the job but let them go because of their criminal history.

Pros

Constant celebrations. Supportive atmosphere. Great pay.

Cons

Long hours. Will use convicted felons but will not hire one.

A perfect job for a teenager or someone looking for a chill environment

Levi's was one of my first jobs as a kid. The job was the perfect amount of socializing and task management. The employees at this Levis were all so kind and supportive like a second family. The hours were also decent for a part time job.

Pros

friendly coworkers

Cons

not a lot of opportunities for growth

Great if you need flexibility

Great job if you’re looking for something flexible and easy. Customer service skills needed and can be worked on. The company is great at showing how to perform the job correctly.

Not bad

It’s a pretty easy going job. It definitely helped me learn people skills and good customer service. It’s not too overwhelming, the manger always likes to say “at the end of the day we’re just seeking jeans and t shirts”. Basically it’s not that serious or hard guys, just gotta get the job done with minimal stress. Hours are great in the summer and during holidays. Slow season definitely sucks but what could ya do. No drama. Great morals and principles I really enjoyed my time there

Pros

50% off merchandise, relaxing atmosphere

Cons

Slow season

Working In Shipping

I worked at Levis Strauss and Co’ in Canton Ms. I would say my experience was bit of good/bad. I worked the Weekend shift no mandatory OT , just work your shift and go home. Basically you just unload a line all day which can cause very bad back problems which the management does not care about they do not try to move you or rotate you throughout the day. If you work on 1st Shift in Shipping you would probably be made to come in the whole week and work. Very stressful and tiresome job. Wouldn’t recommend for anyone unless you need money.

Pros

3/15 MIN - 1/30 MIN Breaks - Good Pay

Cons

Bad Management, Bad Work-Life Balance

Good job for people younger people in school.

Good job for people younger people in school. This was my second job ever. Loved it. Good coworkers. Management was good to staff. Located in the middle of mall

Pros

Mall job

Cons

Stock shift 5am and overnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss