Levin Furniture Employee Reviews

It was a alright job
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2019
Personally, I feel like you don't get paid enough for what you deal with at this job. Dealing with an office manager that doesn't do her job or know how to do her job. Dealing with customer, paper work. answering phones. Customer service where issues are sent are a joke.
Intimidation from corporate and management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2019
It’s not so much a feel of a family based company. Higher ups are nice but they keep to themselves at events, trainings and functions. and don’t really take time to communicate so much with anyone below them, making associates feel unappreciated and unsupported. Kind of like s clique.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, adequate training
Cons
Too many sales associates on the floor. Managers don’t show that they care.
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 19, 2019
A job for people without family. They continuously add hours and change the schedule. Flooding the floor with sales people even though the company profits continue to drop quarterly.
Appreciated the furniture discounts. Hours changed every week making it hard to plan.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 16, 2019
Levin is a good place for entry-level people who don't mind working different hours each week.

Customers and salespeople are generally nice and good to work with.

You must be able to retain information about inventory and be able to process payments (cash, credit or checks).
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Eradicate hours on schedule
Company merger was the downfall
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMarch 7, 2019
Loved the people I worked with at the store level. But with the merger was low inventory levels , hard to schedule delivery and Super micromanage. The company only cares about their numbers not their personnel. Again let me be clear, the people I personally worked with from the manager on down to sales, office personnel and dock workers were great. The company puts so much pressure on the managers that it get tough to work there and the morale gets very low.
Pros
Great people to work with in store
Cons
Super micromanaged
Its an ok place to work, management doesn't do Anything
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 22, 2019
Management doesn't deal with any disgruntled customers, they would rather be on their phones, office associates deal with all customers pay isnt enough for what you deal with
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Poor management
Positive work environment, flexible, great part-time pay
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 18, 2019
Levin's has been a great part-time job for me to have while finishing up college. My managers, both store and office, have been great with communicating with me and giving me feedback on my performance. There is a lot of communication between different departments so that employees always have updates on changes within the company. The part-time pay for an office associate is honestly great if you're okay with not getting the benefits. The work itself is not difficult, but there is a lot to learn. The office job has provided me a lot of new experience that I did not have. My coworkers have always been helpful and uplifting. I would recommend working at Levin's if you need a reliable job.
Pros
flexible schedule, great work environment, communication
Cons
not closing when the weather is bad
Great coworks lots of micromanagement
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 20, 2018
Company does not to seem to have a plan for growth. The invetory is becoming a constant struggle yet instead of identifying it as an issue they would rather have you not bring it up and discuss it. Many sales people have had difficulty making ends meet due to this issue being ignored. This company does have the opportunity to steer it into the right direction. Right now it pretty much hurts you if you take a vacation because you'll have to work twice as hard when you return just to make the month.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Lots of hour if you want to make good money
No work life balance under paid
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PADecember 10, 2018
Long hours! pay looks good until you average the hours you work. Since your commission you get no overtime pay and you average 10+ hours a day ...

No advancement opportunities
No communication between managers
They overload you with work and rush your times
Extremely high turnover
All about the money for the company
The people on the trucks are the only good thing about the job. Easy to get along with
No dollies, no lift gate, no lift ramp, no carts.
They don't train people and throw them onto a truck

If you want a lunch break it's while you drive
Pros
The people on the trucks and benefits
Cons
Work-life balance, advancement, pay, hours, breaks, heavy furniture
It was cool to be on the road, but everything about this job is a nightmare
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 8, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this awful company to my worst enemy. I worked there for eight months; at first it was cool, then everything changed. Here are some examples. I had only worked for Levin for about a month when management decided to fire my partner and bring in a brand new guy. They threw two new guys out to the wolves and figured it would be a breeze for us. We were always told there was an open line of communication between us workers and our two bosses, which is blatantly false. They could never answer our calls when we needed it, but were up our nuts making our phones ring off the hook if one little thing went half way wrong with a delivery. Incompetent management. The equipment that is absolutely imperative for the daily duties of the job never worked, literally. One time I had four different trucks in one week, two of them breaking down at 8 pm in th ghetto of East Cleveland. Oh that’s another thing, you work a lot of hours for free and do a lot of free work because the pay is load based vs hourly. My partner and I work d 80 hours a week for almost 4 months straight. We lost thousands of dollars working 15 hour days for nothing. The “bonus” they try to feed into you during the interview process is impossible to hit due to things out of the delivery teams control. Also, you get paid taking in mattresses, but almost every one that goes in comes out with a box spring that you don’t get paid to touch. LOTS of free labor. This company is completely mismanaged and disorganized, they couldn’t even pay us right half the time.
Pros
Drive around smoking whatever you want all day
Cons
Literally every aspect of the job
Lack of commitment to job opportunity
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  North CantonDecember 5, 2018
Poor office management! I learned that no matter how hard you work and strive for your position, it doesn’t matter. Office manager plays employees against each other.
Pros
Cons
Your life is over
Average work experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PANovember 28, 2018
A typical day at work consists of unpacking furniture and loading. Laid back management.
Overall poor attitude of employees.
Hardest part of the job was properly loading furniture.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor environment
Good management and staff
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2018
Management and staff were very helpful and flexible with scheduling should an event come up that required a normal work schedule to be altered. Most customers were fine.
Awful place to work. Management out of touch with the stores.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PANovember 24, 2018
Corporate management is not open to outside ideas. They are a click and are only interested it what makes them look good and not what is best for the company. None of them are independent thinkers. They all kiss up to the CEO. Very poorly run company.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Weak upper management team
furniture sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHNovember 6, 2018
Short kick-off meeting every morning followed by a day greeting and guiding consumers through the selection and purchase process. Flexible lunch periods. Usually work a few 12-hour shifts a week which allow you to have every third Sunday off.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Occasional 12-hour shifts
A nice place to work
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PAOctober 24, 2018
Levins is a good place to work at. Reviews were alwyas done in a timely manner, management was always fair. Shareholder and 401 perks, good benefits, good discount perks.
Big Company, Great Furniture, Challenging Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2018
Lofty ideas of what it is like to sell furniture in today's market. Small ideas become micromanaging daily tasks and the ultimate goal of supporting the sales staff and process is lacking.
The in-store Managers try and support you, but are tied by their position to regurgitate corporate directives.
They bring you in and promise 80k plus per year, but unless you are a top 1-3% performer it's just not the case. Very few people are top performers, so approach their promises with your eyes wide open.
The company management system is changing and becoming more corporate and out of touch with the reality of the sales floor.
It was a great company, but now they keep stretching the hourly requirements and finding items that are in stock and deliverable is a constant challenge.
Pros
Commission and Recognition
Cons
Hours are changing, upper management is out of touch
Cowokers were great.
Delivery Driver/ Helper (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Not that bad of a place to work and the guys u often were on the truck with are great guys that made the job and the long work days much more tolerable.
Terrible place to work...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PASeptember 10, 2018
I worked for Levin Furniture for 10 months...at first it was great..yeah you got yelled at by angry customers but in what customer service job don't you.

After a few months went by you will start to notice the stink eye come from a lot of your fellow employees and MANAGERS. You will also start to notice that the managers have favorites...if your not a favorite you ain't getting talked to or helped if you do it's with a roll of the eye or you get laughed at.

If your have something you have to do like a doctor's appointment or important event that you have scheduled...sorry about your luck but if it's not at their convenience you better think about rescheduling it or your gonna get pressured to reschedule when you ask to change your schedule to fit that appointment in.

I absolutely hated by job and quit. I'm not someone that quits anything...but after not sleeping and stressing about having to go to work because the work environment is so BAD I couldn't do it anymore...

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GOING TO LEVIN FURNITURE TO WORK OR PURCHASE FURNITURE
Corporate Shift
Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2018
Levin was a great place to work during the time it was family owned, but there have been some drastic changes since the selling of the company at the beginning of this year (2018).

The shift has caused a major devaluing of non management employees. Morale is very low as the number of customers walking through the door is decreasing rapidly. As a result, commission is very low.

The posting states the salary is $100,000. While this is possible for certain employees in certain stores, this is not the standard, and the people in those stores aren't leaving anytime soon.
Pros
A lot of downtime, multiple days off in a row
Cons
Commission, Long shifts, Amount of customers is down, benefits are expensive and dont cover much, No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levin Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.