Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

N/a
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
a typical day at work consists of general HR related functions. Including, but not limited to, employee relations, training, orientations, recruiting, etc.
Working for levy is a good time
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2018
Working for levy is so much fun just that hours they give u sucks. And the pay isn’t worth it. 12.45 is nothing when they have u working 10-12 hours only on the days the cubs play.
Fun workplace
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2018
Very welcoming staff fun to work always room to advance and grow always promoting from within great learning experiences very fast paced have to have a sense of urgency
Productive and fun working environment
Concessions Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
There is always room for growth at Levy. The experience is a keeper. Levy is partner with compass group. You get to travel state to state and property to property working the same as well as different job titles and paid occurring.
Great environment meet people and get a great wnteracting with them
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2018
Great place to work always stuff to do had great events that got to work at great workers i got to interact with they keep me on my toes and i keep them on theres
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks 2 15 mins
BARTENDER - American Airlines Arena (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2018
Management changed frequently but co-workers were pleasant and fun to work with. Long checkout procedures due to lack of management availability during events.
Immediate supervisor/manager saved the company
GROUP SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2018
The only great thing about the company was my immediate supervisor. Higher management was horrible and not held accountable for their own attitude and horrible treatment of employees. They wanted everything and gave nothing. The only saving grace in my situation was the Director of Operations.
Pros
Director of Operations
Cons
Regional and Upper Management
Good people and fun times
Volunteer for Non-Profit Organization (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJune 11, 2018
Varied day by day. Lead cashier, lead inventory, food runner and cashier. Management was very friendly. Hardest part was staying sometimes till 1 or 2 a.m.
Pros
Free break food and venue preview when available
Friendly
Concession Manager/Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 11, 2018
I love my job very friendly people to work with if you have a problem it taken care of ASAP. no stress and pressure. They take of the employees at time of special events and craziness of games. we also get recognized at times of recognition.
A fun company
Regional Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
A good company if you are willing to travel. I had fun traveling and working different events nationally. I still work for them on occasion doing special events

Want to know more about Levy Restaurants?

Ask a question
Poor Managament.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2018
You can't lead people when you are not a good leader yourself. There is no communication in this place . I am disappointed that if you wear a suit and tie you are regarded in high standings when the real people are the Chefs working 14 hours a day. The people in the stands making millions of dollars to sell for you. You should be a little more grateful and a lot nicer!
Pros
Union benifits
Cons
No perks here
Super fun!
Runner/ Cashier/ Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 10, 2018
This is a super fun job. The only complaint I can have is you didn't get paid enough and not enough hours. It's very part time and seasonal really. Besides that it was so much fun. Definitely a job for someone in school or retired
Pros
So much fun
Cons
Didnt get enough hours
Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
Set up stands before employees arrive, distribute money to all registers, order cash for stands, pick up money and make money drops to office, register audits, inventory(counting and ordering), product distribution, file all stand paper work, manage cashiers cooks and preps, handle recounts and stocking, handle customer service and complaints
i loved working in the kitchen
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2018
a typical day at Levy's was awesome very fast paced kitchen.
I learned how to prepare different meals as well as certain meals are prepared. management was great.
there wasn't anything that was hard about the job. I loved working there
mah
Director of Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2018
work life balance in season is ridiculous. You can easily work 2 weeks straight without a day off. In the off season you may have to travel away from your family. They have implemented flexible time off, that's if you get all your work done. Taking time off only in the off season if you don't have to support other locations. Also they don't pay there veteran managers what there current rate is. In order to get what your worth you have to leave the company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work life balance, salary
dinning room area
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2018
i was a hostess so I had it pretty easy I seated people all day til last inning and I was off I workin the the dinning area at white sox stadium now called guaranteed bank it was cool job just needed more hours could survive of lil checks
Fast pasted
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2018
Levy restaurants are fast and quick on their feet, when I see something that needs to be done i will either solve it myself or will be told by manager or other work enforcers. I like working with levy restaurants because it was well balanced, but the only con i have with the work place that its crammed with employees.
Pros
fast pasted
Cons
Crammed work place
Seasonal Positions
Seasonal Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 6, 2018
If you like extra money this company provides services for the US Open tennis Events. Very comfortable environment. Very good communication with staff.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
if not in queens long rides home
I prefer to not discuss LEVY
Club Level Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
They are well known for high turnover and light commitment to hourly employees, which comprise the majority of their employees. High turnover is their business model.
Pros
Working with the Hornets team
Cons
Abusive/High turnover low incentive
Fun workplace at ballpark
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Typical day at work would be come in pre-shift meeting then turn on all tvs make sure hostess area is clean and once ballpark opens greet customers with a smile and take them to their seats.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight