Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 1,444 reviews matching the search See all 1,556 reviews
Knowledge, Fast Paste, Productive
Prep-Cook (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20004December 9, 2018
Working at Levy is my favorite its a great job to learn more about food it is hands on never bored always have work to do keep it clean work clean n very friendly and manageable people friendly I love my boss she is very professional well develop make sure she help you at all times and that your job is right the hardest part of the job is dealing with the different personalities of different employee and try to work wit hard heads that don't want to do there job right and don't want anybody telling them how to do there job they just don't want to learn new things.
Pros
30 minute break free lunch
Cons
healthy care breaks
Competitive and fun place to work
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2018
Levy Restaurants is an great working opportunity it teaches you how to move at certain speeds, to communicate with your surrounding teammates, to be organized, and staying prepared. Levy Restaurants is a very descriptive environment to work, understanding the nature of how this restaurant works and the culture of this is very imaginative.
Pros
Get to know new people, breaks
Cons
Rude guest, some workers quitting when they first start
They have there favorites to give more hours too
Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004December 7, 2018
Low income and mistreated you can apply anywhere better with actual benefits and friendlier people. Barely get any hours cause they cut your hours and make so many rules and treat there best workers like trash. And a lot of discrimination in general.
Pros
Free nasty left overs
Cons
No health care or breaks
na
Senior Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 5, 2018
IT is a good company the CEO is a good guy but some of the operations management isn't the best. I don't have much t say as it isn't that important with the place
Lack of management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 5, 2018
Great customers and a great organization. Levy the catering company is the problem here. No training whatsoever and upper management does not care about employees or supervisors
Pros
Watch Hockey games and concerts. The customers were also great
Cons
Management!! Lack there of
It is a fun working environment
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
Really liked the work just didn’t pay enough. Also some of management just didn’t listen to the input of the employees. They always had their pick of who they would give more hours to.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Concession Supervisor over non profit group
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2018
I was able to learn some much along the way it bettered me for other postions in life even though it was a seasonal position I enjoyed every moment but for me to maintain in life full time jobs better fits me Levy is a great company to work for environment was awesome being able to be apart of Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta Great Managment flexible hours include late nights on some events, my biggest part of playing my role was inventory kind of rough in the beginning but I was able to catch on quick Thanks Levy for being there for at that point of time in my Life.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Nice environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2018
Very relaxed. Some days are very fast paced. All them employees are very nice and the managers make sure all their employees are comfortable in their work place.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks and doesn’t understand why some people need days off
Great team work
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2018
Great co workers. Great management. fast paced environment. learning about new companies on a daily basis. options to cross train in different departments.
servor
Concession Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 29, 2018
Take orders of guest. prepare food and or drinks in timely fashion. clean up work area, guest dinning area, and surrounding areas. promote by giving samples or coupons to walking guests.
Pros
free food
Cons
travel
Productive and fun place to work at.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 29, 2018
Great managers, typically a relaxed day around lots of people which is the best part of the job. Hardest part I’d say would be not eating all the food on break.
Pros
Free lunch, dinner, etc.
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 29, 2018
I really like working for levy's restaurants i got to learn so much about food dishes i got to meet different people who explained some of the dishes to me how its made where it came from and i learned the most chefs came from a dish washing background and they just stay focused and continued o move up and they told me how to do the same if i wanted and it is
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not long enough
Amazing location being attached to the Mudhens stadium.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 29, 2018
The job itself is great. The management on the other hand is awful. No leadership, no taking responsibility and not wanting to take care of guests. When the kitchen is backed up and your guests are upset, go talk to them. Don't just ignore them & not say anything. Your GM should be respectful towards your employees and guests, they help make the restaurant thrive. Not having a GM who cares, makes everyone look bad. Other than that, the job is fun and easy.
Pros
Getting to watch the Mudhens play, co-workers are awesome and the hours are great.
Cons
Management! Management! Management!
Pretty fun because you're around sports
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2018
This job is more for a high school or college student. Reason being that is because it's a part time night job. You only work game days or events. The job is fun and fast paced.
Wonderful atmosphere to meet people from all walks of life
Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2018
Levy Restaurant is a great place to work. It;s seasonal work; nevertheless, the hourly pay exceeds the minimum wage, If you're thinking about working here, please apply without hesitation.You'll really meet some wonderful people. I've learned so much about catering here.
Pros
pay
Cons
management implementing rules
Fun work place
Supervisor cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2018
Fast pace .fun work place
Good people friendly staff ext. Chef .chef ryan is one of the best managers i've ever had and chef rolph very good supervisor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and Proactive Place to Work
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 26, 2018
My typical day is non-stop and productive, there is something new to learn everyday. Management is no nonsense and very clear about what to expect and the work ethic is unwavering. Favoritism is not tolerated and teamwork is celebrated. The wages don't match the labor but when it is something you love, sometimes it's worth going in to work. It's a family atmosphere most times.
Pros
Perk Spot
Cons
Low Pay
I like my job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 26, 2018
I enjoy working as a concession stand cashier cause I get to work on different levels except for 4 and hear/see the concerts events and games It's fun
Pros
Free employee drinks/food, Having 1 friend, A few stand leads are nice
Cons
Being ignored by other co/workers, /some of the stand leads getting annoyed if you make a mistake and don't know your name, Customers getting angry at you but you learn to ignore it
good to work at and their services are great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 25, 2018
great work environment.
easy to interact with the customers and coworkers.
they have great services and a friendly work space.
the provide lunch for their employees
Productive and fun at the same time
Data Entry/Analysis (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2018
There were a lot of "to do's" when it came to Levy Restaurants, but the work environment itself was outstanding. If it wasn't so far away from home and was a constant job full time I would definitely still be working there. Personally, my manager was also a family friend but we never let personal matters overcome the work environment.
Pros
management/staff/customers
Cons
long long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Levy Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably