Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Flexible scheduling
Barback/Busser (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 14, 2018
This is a quick placed environment. You are able to set your own schedule based on need. They provide a uniform at no cost and they also provide a meal to every employee each event they work.
I learned a lot but wasn't set up for success
SENIOR SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 14, 2018
I liked some of the staff I worked with but felt I was not trained properly, I started as a supervisor then worked my way up to sous chef. Upper management was not very helpful
Benefits
Cons
not a lot of training for my job
Its never a dull day.
Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2018
amazing workplace. I love my co workers, my management team and the companies culture. Even on dark days at ,my site we are placed at different work sites. Its shows care.
Fun and Professional environment
Picnic/Concessions Manager, Food Preparer/Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 6, 2018
It is a big company and there are many people involved. It was quick paced if you did not manage your time well. The condtions were really hot. Overall, a great company and no problems.
Pros
Free lunch, Flexible with hours, Great management.
Cons
Hot
Great work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2018
Awesome to work in the environment and love what I do and did love to mix drinks give good customer services location be to let people enjoy his themselves
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No real life
Fill in bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 4, 2018
As a fill in bartender I work when I can. Typical day as a bartender is very fun and entertaining. Prepare your bar with your proper tools. Always provide a smile and great customer service to the guest.
Pros
Free lunch, atmosphere is awesome.
Cons
13 year veteran just couldn't get a manager position.
productive and fun,
Concession delivering and receiving supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2018
Levy restaurants is a wonderful company to work for, the fellow employees are fun to work with, but the admin and the management staff are somewhat self complex ed. I learned a lot from them such as always be fair towards your employees.
Pros
free lunches, small discounts on team products
Cons
lack of company growth in various departments
Great Workplace, you can move up!!
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
Productive and fun place to work great pay, seasonal position but great managers and supervisors wonderful training and great coworkers!! Management is always professional and helpful!! Absolutely love this job!!
Pros
Free lunches, great management
Cons
Seasonal
It's fine but I can do better
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2018
I love the work area. Very fun but lacks communication........all I can say is its a fun place to work and you meet many celebrities.......... ..... Don't have much to say about the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
My time with Levy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2018
I am very grateful for my time and opportunity at Levy. I applied for the position of a Supervisor , which was a step up from my previous positions. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and I’m glad I did. I have now gained the confidence and acquired the mindset/capabilities to guide and drive people to success.
Cons
Part time employment
Great Job
Merchandising Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 26, 2018
I have worked at Oracle Arena for a very long time .I started out with Golden State Warriors Merchandising at all the home games, about 7 years ago they brought in a vendor to take control of the Team Merchandising .4 years it changed vendors again, but think it is run better now with Levy.
IT was a good place to work
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and management and my average work day was pleasant most of the time and everyone that I had a chance to get to know was pleasant
it was great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2018
I honestly thought that it is a great place to work for anyone that is getting there first job and that it has great opportunity's and great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nothing
Quick paced fun working environment
Runner (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 23, 2018
I love working for levy they keep you on your toes. Its so quick paced and they make sure you get your job/tasks done. If the other workers are done they come and help you until you're finished.
Pros
Free lunch, free events
Cons
Short breaks for long hours
Productive and lots of room for advancement
Steward supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2018
I absolutely love working for Levy's awesome bossed good people to work with great pay wish I can go back I intend on going back wish I never left stupid decisions
Pros
Plenty of HR free food good pay
Cons
There are none
fun to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
It was great to work for them and in the most part the job consisted of doing rounds and did access control an the building dock. In the most part,coworker were helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
relax athmosphere
Cons
no to many opportunies to advance
Great environment
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed my specific role, but the company itself needs better management and must pay their employees more. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy on game nights.
Pros
tickets to Pacer's games
Cons
no stable manager
Not For Me
PT LEGENDS SUITE BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
It was hard to keep good communication channels open with management as email is heavily relied upon and rarely ever I got replied back. The staff can be challenging being that they are underpaid and constantly fight over the better positions. I can go on but I guess this will suffice.
Levy
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2018
This company was not prepared to deal with all the things that could go wrong at a restaraunt during game day. There were always issues and people were rerpimanded for it unfairly.
Great culinary experience
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 17, 2018
I learned the banquet side of the culinary industry. Specialized in high volume cooking and had a great time adjusting recipes and creating some of my own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
It was lacking in off season work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Levy Restaurants.