Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,306 reviews matching the search See all 1,407 reviews
Teen job
Dessert Cart Attendant/ Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
I feel it's a good job for first time experience. I think teenagers and young adults is good for this job. It's not a career job. There is no room for growth.
Nice entry Catering job
Catering Server/Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2018
With every job comes opportunities. Levy's although a big company in the world of Arenas and Stadiums, needs to be more of a team player when it comes to growth opportunities. I feel it's not enough of 401k, Healthcare, etc. for all employees and not just management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Health Care
Strange place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2018
Not the most organized. I do enjoy the events i get to work though. Sometimes the staff isnt always organized before the event so things can go wrong, but otherwise good place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 5, 2018
Busy great place to work I would recommend it to a friend I enjoyed working there very much it was unfair to me that I wasn't able to continue working there due to miscommunication and deception on behalf of various roles
Pros
Pay
Cons
New management
lgot tolve it
Stewarding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2018
I loved working at Levy restaraunts I t was fast paced environment which provided me with a upper mobilitythe five-hour raises after 5he first 40 hours
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days
Great place
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
Levy is a great fun and exciting place to work. You make a nice base pay and depending on the area you work in you get nice tips as well. I would definitely recommend it for a second job for anyone or a great job for a student.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tips
Great
SUITE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Im a suite attendant at the Mercedes Benz stadium and I love my job! Its events only so I work probably on average, 4-5 times out the month & I make $9 an hour plus tips and I get tipped very well so Its a win, win for me
Fun atmosphere, great co-workers
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 1, 2018
Department meeting every morning to give events
Set up your work station
Go to break
When event start maintain your room/bar
Break down and clean up

Interacting with guest, everyone is in a good mood. Can be very fast paced, or very laid back depending on event.

Management always there to help if needed.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
seasonal
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 29, 2018
It is a very organized place and also very great place to work at. The hardest part about the job is probably getting used to working under pressure and once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Manning a station alone
was excited to start there, management is good,
food associate (Current Employee) –  downtown Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2018
late hours , sometimes till midnight, schedule goes by events,
some weeks no job at all specially on summer ,
I enjoy working there but the salary is not enough to cover my expenses, Have to look for some additional work on morning hours.
Fun job, but say goodbye to weekends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2018
Levy Restaurants at Staples Center offers decent pay for the work required, but the hours are inconsistent for new hires, as the job is seniority based. Work is mostly on evenings and weekends, so it is sometimes difficult to get a weekend off.
Pros
free lunches, good pay, shuttle and free parking
Cons
inconsistent hours, seniority based, work on weekends
Dysfunction at its best.
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
Very unprofessional behavior on many levels by management. Date your boss and get ahead. Do not get on managements bad side, they will treat you in a disrespectful manner.
Pros
Cons
Managements blind eye to inappropriate behavior.
Great place to work for the season.
Food Prep/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
Busy start during the morning throughout the day. Prepped food by heating up or keeping it refrigerated,slicing or mixing different ingredients. I learned how to team work and communicate well with others to accomplish big tasks and assist customers the best way possible. The most difficult part was traveling through the kitchen to get a specific dish. The most enjoyable part was being able to watch the game and fireworks.
Pros
Flexible schedules, lunch was provided.
Cons
Seasonal, traveling to and from work because of the crowds.
N/a
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
a typical day at work consists of general HR related functions. Including, but not limited to, employee relations, training, orientations, recruiting, etc.
Fast paced job, good benefits after 1 year of employment, poor management.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
I worked at Levy as what they called a Runner. We would get Event Orders, or "EO's", from clients that wanted to use our convention center to host their events. They'd order services such as food catering, concession stands, and full bars. They'd tell us how many people they expect to show up, and estimated how much beer/liquor/labor they want to buy for the event.

The team of runners(1-5 people), plus 3 or 4 supervisors would tell us how many bars we need set up, how many coke merchandisers to fill with water+soda, and how much beer and liquor to prepare for the events. That's probably the hardest part of the job because in my experience at least, our managers were NEVER on the same page, and trying to get jobs done quickly and efficiently was impossible. This lead to a lot of rushing to get things done last minute, doing 1 job several times to get right, or overtime working late(sometimes long days from 10am-2am).

I think the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the world for different events. learning about things you'd never expect to learn about, and hanging out with cool(or really annoying) bartenders.
Pros
free food and drink, yearly raises, usually fun atmosphere, health benefits, Pto
Cons
poor management, heavy lifting + pushing, long days
Working for levy is a good time
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2018
Working for levy is so much fun just that hours they give u sucks. And the pay isn’t worth it. 12.45 is nothing when they have u working 10-12 hours only on the days the cubs play.
Fun workplace
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2018
Very welcoming staff fun to work always room to advance and grow always promoting from within great learning experiences very fast paced have to have a sense of urgency
Productive and fun working environment
Concessions Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2018
There is always room for growth at Levy. The experience is a keeper. Levy is partner with compass group. You get to travel state to state and property to property working the same as well as different job titles and paid occurring.
Great environment meet people and get a great wnteracting with them
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2018
Great place to work always stuff to do had great events that got to work at great workers i got to interact with they keep me on my toes and i keep them on theres
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks 2 15 mins
BARTENDER - American Airlines Arena (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2018
Management changed frequently but co-workers were pleasant and fun to work with. Long checkout procedures due to lack of management availability during events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Levy Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably