Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
best job I've ever had
HOST (Current Employee) –  Wrigley Field, ILFebruary 18, 2019
EXCELLENT place to work. How could you possibly dislike working at a sports stadium for a caring, amazing company? You're, right- it's impossible. Love my job
Fun
Executive Sous Chef- Chicago and Los Angeles (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2019
It was a fun place to work. It was very stressfull and demanding but the staff was great and there was room for creativity and freedom to run with ideas.
Long hours but great money
Chef (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2019
This is a great place to work if you're a workaholic. The hours are definitely available. If you don't have reliable transportation this may not be the place for you because the hours change daily and sometimes it's required that you arrive at 3am. If you are able and capable of working up to 16 hours a day, the money is incredible.
Pros
Money, advancement, learn new knowledge, meet tons of people
Cons
Looking hours, inconsistent management and scheduling
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
This position consisted of servicing fans at sporting events. Getting products stored and delivered was a daily task. I learned that when you are having fun at work it is not necessarily work. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing fans have a great time, which means I was doing my job correctly.
Productive work environment
Concessions Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at work consists of me signing in and walking to my store. I check in with my manager and he tells me my duties for the day. I would cook menu items per request, work the cash register, then clean up my work area.
Seasonal employment
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2019
You only work events or basketball games. Management is never on the same page with the big bosses. Other than that, the employees are good people to work with.
Pros
Not too much supervison standing over you, while working.
Cons
Eat for free. And, you get raises every year.
A great job to have for on the side work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2019
A typical day at work will start off a little slow, but as the game or event comes into place time goes by very fast. I've learned a lot about people skills and enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Busy
Culinary Supervisor - Dodger Stadium (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2019
I was running my entire shift I was the culinary supervisor at dodger stadium. I loved the work but I lost about 40lbs working there. I only left because I had to relocate for my wife's job.
Occasionally fun workplace but often chaotic
Retail General Manager Enterprise Center (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2019
Priorities change too often with many things being pushed off to the last minute. Little to no payroll flexibility, which leads to management having to pick up the slack in addition to their own daily responsibilities. When given time, I am able to complete daily tasks and manage what little staff I have. However, I rarely am able to get the time needed, which means I must often stay late to complete work. The culture is very negative. This stems from staff being unhappy with the department direction or from management being more demanding than previous management team.
Pros
Free lunch, work days go by quickly
Cons
No set schedule, often scrambling at the last minute
They feed you dinner
Concessions Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
They don’t care about the employees , Lack of communication , Too busy writing the employees up, don’t appreciate good employees , pushing the good managers out due to lack of respect
Nice place to work
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2019
Very fast paced. Working around and with the public must be customer friendly and have great social skills. Your dealing with by the thousands of multiple differnt personalities.
Pros
Free lunches and free visits to the Lions game
Cons
Short breaks and days of work
Not The Most Ideal Job
Runner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I was paid well to be a senior in high school, but working there was not worth thee stress or disrespect I encountered. I was the youngest of my co-workers and they were often rude to me because of this.
Good work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 28, 2019
Great work place salary pay is okay.i learned a lot from the managers and the supervisors game days are very fast paced and everything has to be done on time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun job in the summer
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJanuary 28, 2019
while this position at LevyRestaurants is a seasonal one it is always a great time working for a great company at.a great location. I worked as a bartender in the catering department and the staff was excellent and while sometimes things got a little stressful it was always fun to sit back and laugh about it at the end of the shift. I would highly recommend this job for anyone interested working there this summer.
Scorched earth policy
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moda CenterJanuary 27, 2019
Dont try to confront your bad coworkers. They will get in your face and you will be the one fired as well. Management will suspend you pending an "internal investigation" and after 3 days of worrying how you will pay your bills, because unless you already have money, you will be living pay check to pay check. Then they will call you in and tell you your fired. As if you were the person who got 3 inches from your face screaming how they will get somebody to "take care of you".

Besides that it was a pleasant experience over all.

PS. I was never given any warning or write ups.
Pros
Free soda and lunch.... At certain stands
Cons
The customers who try to scam for free stuff
Fun working environment with great people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2019
We would clock in and greet everyone. The cafeteria was always lively and we would catch up on small things. The Donuts on Tuesdays were a personal favorite
My opinon
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2019
In my opinion I love the people I work with and the work keeps us busy. With the teams being the best in the NBA we can work mandatory overtime certain times.
Pros
Friends, hours, raises
Cons
no healthcare, no paid vacations
Seasonal Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 23, 2019
It was a seasonal job so it wasn't a reliable source of income. sometimes the hours were horrible and some of the people weren't very nice, but it was a way to make money
Fun work place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 22, 2019
I think levey is a nice job and can help you further your career for better future endeavors. I like working with the great staffing and management at levy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Great company
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2019
I worked in both the Restaurant and Sports and Entertainment side of Levy. It allowed me to learn how to take care of guests through the Levy Difference. It was a very high paced work environment.
Pros
Educational work environment
Cons
Advancement was tough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Levy Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably