LEVY SECURITY Employee Reviews

Supurb security and customer service organization.
Assistant Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
The corporation provides professional uniformed security and customer service personnel for clients throughout the Chicagoland area in commercial, educational, healthcare, residential and retail industries.
Not to trust management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Management looked for ways to fire you. After loosing their account to Guardsmark at Northwestern Hospital. They did not welcome Guardsmark; Levy also informed us not to talk to Guardsmark or tell them anything about our job functions. Levy employees and management sabotaged security equipment and broke keys off in doors because they were bitter about loosing the account with Northwestern Hospital.
Na
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
Position was more a retired older people. Did correspond to me in anyway of experience. The postition was relaxed and boring at times sitting in front a main entrance making sure everybody had a badge.
Worst security company I have been involved with
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 29, 2017
Poor culture, poor pay, way too much turnover in employees, in the time I worked there our site had over 40 employees quit to where I went from newest guy to 3rd senior guy before leaving, poor pay, way too much forced overtime due to poor staffing and no backup staffing. You were made to feel guilty in taking vacation or pressured not to take it. Health benefits were absolutely abhorrent and god help you if you had anyone other than yourself to support. Worst management structure Ive ever worked under
Pros
Cons
pretty much every aspect
Job is not for everyone
Security Officer OIC (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILOctober 1, 2017
You came into contact with a lot of people that may be harmful, but as long as you knew how to handle yourself and speak to others it can be controlled smoothly.
Pros
The management
Cons
Harsh hospital patients
Mistake, I working for levy restaurant at the redskin park
Floater (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 20, 2017
I have no review for this position, it's just a seasonal position while the Redskins plays all their home games here. I enjoy what I am doing and getting to met new people.
I really enjoyed working here
HOSPITAL PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
When I first stared working here it was great had a good group of people I worked with and we all got along really well but then management changed and it got a lot more stressful when they employed the wrong sort of people and that is what made me decide to look for employment else where.
Great customer service
Public Safety Office/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
I learned how to be more alert of my surrounding to make sure customers are safe and being helped montering surveillance cameras writing daily reports
Pros
Best company i worked for
Cons
Excellent benefits
workplace culture
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
The environment I worked in was open and full of people. I worked at a well known retail store downtown and I had to encounter all types of people it was an overwhelming experience.
Fun Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 4, 2017
I love the work I did. Everyday was something different, which was nice and exciting for me. Management wasn't the greatest and not many people would cover overtime so management had too.
Slow and not interesting work place
Security Officer, Wynstone Golf Club (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Worked at gated community with golf course on 3rd shift. Very slow most of the time which made going to work difficult. Not much to do till end of shift when people started coming in community.
Pros
was a job
Cons
paid to little, boring, not challegeing
temp agency
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
due to the fact that this was a temp agency i worked at different sites for no more than three months for the longest i have the job detail on resume for that site but it was a good agency to work for
Pros
nice temp agency put you to work asap
Cons
no long term work
Great environment, great people to work with.
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Levy Security is a great company. They provide great compensation as well as great benefits. I have met some nice people there by which some I still keep in contact with today. You have a set schedule and the managers always play it fair.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Company may or may not keep contract with a site, therefore leads to potential layoffs.
bad service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2015
the area and the pay did not match. and the supervisors where not doing they job correctly . always wanted to force people to work overtime for them. i was not satisfy
Pleasent Atmosaphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Excellent work enviroment, as well as excellent staff and co-workers that worked as a team.
Productive, bring lunch or go out for 1 hour lunch, interaction with client
Supervisor of Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
I work for the Century Mall. I start my day by reviewing daily log from night shift, get all information pertaining to the day before ready for client and Director. I do my daily patrols of inner and outer area of building, go to office have a 10 minute meeting with client, deliver mail to tenants of the building. I check the are for possible security and incident hazards. My hardest part of the job is evacuating the building when we have practice fire or disaster alarm. I enjoy interacting with the people because I meet interesting people throughout my day.
Pros
great area to work in, friendly environment, nice vacation
Cons
healthcare, advancement
Good location to work at.
Assistant Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 24, 2014
The typical day (or night) is fairly standard routine of patrolling the site, doing daily paperwork, helping the officers on my shift accomplish their tasks and also mentoring them for future positions. Overall, I've learned a lot in dealing with different personality types and trying to make the team work well together. Arguably, the most enjoyable thing about the job are my co-workers. Some of the best, most professional people I've ever dealt with. The hardest thing would have to be the long hours, especially on the overnights. There can be some very long nights dealing with that, especially when things are quiet. The site I am at, though, is second to none in terms of quality and beautiful natural surroundings. I only wish I could see it more during the daytime.
Pros
Great location, excellent, professional co-workers.
Cons
Not a lot of time away to rest for the hours worked.
No comment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
I learned a lot working at this company. Able to receive valuable information to better myself in the security field.
A job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 19, 2013
The hardest part of this job is dealing with management. At one point I felt that if it wasn't for management then this job would have been fun.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management
Under new Ownership
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 26, 2013
One of, if the best Security Companies in Chicago. Now called Apex 3 Security.