Lewis Bakeries, Inc. logo

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Money, exhausting and overworking

The work itself isn't necessarily hard, but the company is VERY under staffed and takes on more job contracts without hiring the amount of people they need to keep the place running smoothly. The pay is excellent for a job that takes on literally anybody who applies, as well as every benefit you could want after 60 days of work, but the hours are very inconsistent, ranging from 8 to 12 hours on a normal day, so don't plan anything ahead of time.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Insane and inconsistent hours, understaffed at all times

Love the flexibility

Love the job and flexibility, easy job, just go in and put out bread and make the shelves look good. Not complicated at all. It's a great job for someone that just needs extra income

Pros

Easy

Cons

Part time hours

Good insurance and pay but no advancement and bad management.

This place pays well and has good insurance. The shifts starting out change every week til you can win a bid on a job. Most of the employees work 50 something hrs a week with only one day off. No weekends off. Management plays the office politics games and picks and chooses the people they like. Not all management is bad but most of them you can’t trust. Co-Workers are average workplace workers. Some are good and some aren’t. The money isn’t bad and health insurance is great but prepare for not much family life.

Pros

Pays well, good insurance

Cons

Poor management, work and life balance, no weekends off

okay place to work

a lot of driving your personal vehicle with no reimbursement (not paid mileage), capped at less than 30 hours per week, pay isn't that great.boss works with you if there are things going on (appointments, sitter issues, etc.)

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

no pto, no benefits, no paid mileage

Love working for this company.

Love meeting new customers and employees that work @ the store I work @. I replenish the bread on the shelves an pull the stales and do inventory control.

Pros

The flexible work schedule

Cons

No benefits for part-time merchandiser

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Very Disrespectful Management

The pay is not terrible. Nice weekly pay. However you have no time to balance real life vs work. Not too mention how poorly some of the supervisors treat you (cussing and screaming). They treat you poorly and talk to you like dirt as if people don’t have their own problems in real life. Organization skills are incomprehensible. Getting rid of entire departments and people’s job which is wrong! My kids could run this place better than the way it’s being ran now. People don’t quit jobs they quit management, very poorly ran.

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

Poor Managament.

great pay but never see your family

the place pays great and has amazing insurance, but i never got to see my kids.. ever.. one day a week wasn't enough and you are not guaranteed holidays off. You work every weekend. This place is great for single people and people with no children, but not for parents.

Pros

Great pay and insurance

Cons

poor family work life balance

Great place to work.

Great place to “work” the only downside to the job is you have no life. I worked 3 to 3, 6days a week only off day was Saturday. Which didn’t feel like an off day seeing I had to be right back to work at 3am. Great job if you don’t enjoy spending time with your family.

Pros

Great paycheck, great health benefits.

Cons

Pretty much you are working 7days a week 12hrs a day.

The management is a joke.

The individuals you will work for will blame you for everything that goes wrong and also say they’re the ones that did the good deeds you’ve done. Everyone is miserable at this place although they’ll act like it’s great until your probationary period is over. They’re all back stabbing and talk bad about literally everyone. The new plant manager discussed with me how all of the supervisors obtained their positions in the wrong way and needed fired but he also bought them lunch and kissed their butts. I witnessed a department manager throw her own brother under the bus. This place is very toxic. They will tell you that the insurance is great but everyone has a different plan and if you’re like me your deductible will be through the roof.

Pros

Good shift.

Cons

Toxic, low pay, back stabbing, soul draining.

Happy Overall!

Although I have worked for them 1.5 years now, there's no progressive raise, I make the same now as when I started but it is still the perfect Part-time job!

Jobs at Lewis Bakeries, Inc.

See more jobs

always working

go in at 5:30pm only get 3 breaks and got off at 1:30am. some days we would work 10 plus hours. we worked every day and only had one day off. job is easy just 100 plus degrees in there everyday.

Benefits

They have great benefits an the pay is really well just worked to many hours but would train u in every department was good they did that an lots of overtime

Working at lewis bakeries is soul draining.

They take you out of your job and put you wherever they want to. Disrespectful supervisors are the norm as far as management goes. Your schedule kills your home life. Decent $, but not worth what you endure working there. I quit, make less and I'm happier.

If you are different dont apply

Rude, unfair, and poor management. They still work off the "Who you know" and the "Good ole Boys" mentality. I don't see how Lewis Bakeries is still in business. Speak up and you will be punished.

Fast paced

The work is fast paced and very hot to work in the summer. Didn't get your breaks on time. There were time you would go 3 hours between breaks. Never knew how long you were going to be working each day.

Pros

health care

Cons

hot

Merchandiser Indiana

Pretty easy and If do your job properly you will have no issues. Down fall is no benefits, no paid vacations, no holiday pay,and etc. you get paid for what you work. People on here saying they only get paid 3 hrs a day when they worked longer, take it to the labor board as that is against the law. They can not do that and I have a hard time believing they do! But all and all, for a part time job, it’s good. Although what I do think is they should have to pay you for mileage.

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

No mileage pay

Very time demanding

You have to work 6 days a week. Very time demanding and your life has to revolve around your schedule. You do get fmla benefits but you have to be approved first

Manager was very easy to work with. Friendly, courteous, honest.

I would recommend working at Lewis Bakeries to anyone. I was allowed flexible hours and the pay was good. My managers were easy to work with and helped me out whenever they could.

Poorly ran and no compassion for human kind

I started with this company when they first started selling in Michigan. I was a loyal employee for 4+ years. They gave me 6 days notice that I would be unemployed.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No benefits or paid time off

Horrible job

Don't work here if your life depended on it! They do not appreciate anything you do or have any respect for you as an employee! No matter if you do the job or not you get criticized! The pay is only 10 dollars an hr but yet they want you to be in the store 7 days a wk! The management doesn't even do their job correct!

Pros

Cons

Management, pay, hours.

Great PT job

I was at my store for over 5 years and it was a good part time job for a retiree. Hours were very flexible, I could work my truck at night or early morning. Daily work was easy, take inventory on tablet, pull out dated stuff, and stock shelf. Management was good about needing time off for vacations and other trips. Saw supervisor every couple of weeks, nice not to have someone standing over you daily. paid weekly. Family owned, would give merchandisers coats, coolers and things over the years. Other companies paid a little more but the hours were always in the evening or overnight and all weekend. Plus it’s10 times the work. It’s PT, hours just need to fit your schedule.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lewis Bakeries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lewis Bakeries, Inc. with