Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employee Reviews

I would avoid this sweat shop
Civil Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2019
Lewis Brisbois is a huge monster of a firm. You may try your luck and do better than I did, but my experience was not a rewarding one. Good luck to you!
Pros
It's a job, a very large firm, there's good and bad.
Cons
Downtown LA office traffic
The firm is fine. My bosses are great, but the salaries and benefits are decades behind.
Litigation/Appellate Secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2019
The firm is fine. My bosses are great. I am self sufficient and have autonomy at work. The salaries and benefits are decades behind. HR is management oriented and supervisors are untrained.

The firm is so big and still growing (50 offices now) there is no interaction, compassion or interest in its people. (LA alone is 11 floors)
Nightmare
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2019
Constant turnover. No stability. No loyalty. Hard work came with no rewards. Every staff member was always looking for a new job. If the work slowed down, it created an atmosphere of competition for that one billable hour.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Everything but the building
Friendly and positive working environment.
Temporary Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2019
I loved working a Lewis Brisbois and seriously wanted temporary position to become permanent. Became aware of company's policy pertaining to temporary versus permanent employees late into working relationship which resulted in permanent employee being hired for the job I was performing. In addition, I was required to train my replacement prior to me leaving the company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Never given opportunity for a permanent position.
bad place while i was there
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Manhattan, NYFebruary 14, 2019
very petty the nyc receptionist thought she was the boss very bad very bad attitude spoke down to people sad to say at the time very racist body of people a weird situation a lot of deception
Pros
Cons
everything
Competitive work environment
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2019
competitive work environment, with favortism, and some outright hostility towards some really hardworking employees. its a shame, either no one notices, or they don't care.
Pros
donuts and bagels on Fridays; usually run out early.
Cons
no one remembers the good things that happen during the year, only the bad things.
Basic legal environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2019
You were just left alone to do your work, no real micromanaging. If you needed help you could easily ask around for it. They brought in a new national billing coordinator that was making things a lot better.
Cons
No windows in billing department
All Work No Play
Support Staff - File Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2019
unless you are aspiring to work in the legal field your advancement or parallel opportunities are virtually zero. There are some reasonable compensation and benefit options.
Not organized. A new employee every week. Employees leave every month.
Former Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 15, 2019
The Coral Gables office is very unstable. People resign every month. Their computer programs are the worst. There is no organization. There is a new employee every other week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Many to name
Legal Nurse Consultant
Legal Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2018
I was hired to review charts of >500 claimants on a high profile case of infectious disease outbreak from a particular medical practice. Once reviewed I prepared Medical Chronologies for the attorney's working on the case
Pros
I worked days Monday - Friday
Cons
Poor pay, difficult and non supportive management
Not a place for growth
Litigation Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2018
The firm does not make any effort to keep its employees happy or provide opportunity for growth. The firm's focus is strictly on billable hours. The policies they have with carriers, however, do not allow for a realistic way to reach billable hours.
Good people.
LITIGATION PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I have enjoyed my years with LBBS. I have learned a lot and have worked with some amazing, intelligent people.

..........................................................
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
No opportunity for growth.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2018
Lewis Brisbois is a great employer and I enjoyed my time there. The attorneys are pretty easy to get along with. Other staff are friendly and outgoing.
Learned a lot but management deteriorated
Electronic File Clerk/Document Scanner-Coder (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
It was a good place to work in the beginning. There was a small amount of independence to the post and low stress. That changed when new management came in in 2014. Then the things became toxic and hostile. We moved to a new building that was taller but no changed were made in the break schedule to accommodate that change. It took 5 mins of a ten min break to get out of the building. Also, pay stagnated and was not advanced with seniority.
Horrible and hostile environment
Support Administrative Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 19, 2018
Please stay away especially from the Miami office. It’s a place where you really have to watch out for people pointing the finger because they honestly don’t think it’s they’re job and lying ... so much lying.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Bullying
Good Place to Work, Stable.
Legal Assistant - Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
LBBS is a great place to work, if you are looking for stability. They have offices nationwide. You can transfer to another office, if you move out of state.
Pros
Offices Nationwide
Cons
Corporate Environment
Literally the Wal Mart of law firms
Associate/Partner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2018
Terrible place for mid-level attorneys seeking to advance. Highest level attorneys "poach" potential clients. Zero effort to alert attorney of poaching, let alone "taking under wing" to seal deal.
Great Firm
Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2018
I learned quite a lot at this position, and took on significant responsibilities.
The only issue I had with the company was that the attorney I worked directly under was rarely at the office. He relied on me to advise the clients on the status of litigations, but at the same time, he appeared to be concerned that the clients would prefer working with me.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
Partner micromanaged, but only by phone as he was never in the office.
Great Workplace
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2018
IT provided instruction for the firm's applications and was always available for questions and/or assistance. Attorneys and staff were helpful when questions were asked or more instruction needed with a task and everyone was friendly and willing to pitch in wherever needed.

Management was always available when issues arose or help needed and interested in seeing an employee succeed at his/her job!
overall good place to work
LEGAL ASSISTANT/PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
I only left the company due to a move for my husband's work, otherwise, I would not have left. My only complaint would be that the benefits are horrible. I was fortunate enough to have my husband's insurance.
Pros
lunches
Cons
health insurance was horrible