LEWIS Employee Reviews

Role Player
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 9, 2018
Getting up early to serve our military in their training for going overseas. Working with great people from around the US to overseas and learning more about their culture to be able to do my job well. To be able to work out in the middle of the desert to work in the town as the military comes in to their training. Their training is to do scenarios to help them when they leave to go overseas to expect things to happen anything can happen. We just get them ready for that an do anything that our Officer told us to do. Learning a different languages which helps to catch the military soldiers off and how to deal with thing when they are in a different country. We had to wear outfit as if were in that country. As I went out everyday it always felt like I was in a different country. I really enjoyed working with the other employees. And it was a great experience I would do it again. I got to know things from being behind the scene with other employee.
Great Place
CPA (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 13, 2018
Lewis and Lewis is a great place to work. Management is great and environment is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is during tax season helping all the clients.
Boring at times but overall a good job
Caller (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 30, 2017
Before you start calling you are given a script and use it to help you guide the conversation.
It can get boring if you only end up picking up answering machines for an hour straight, but sometimes you get to experience really good conversations.
The calling system is easy to manage, and usually, you won't have a single problem with it, and when kinks happen the supervisor will gladly help you navigate through your computer issue.
They'll force you to ask for donations 4 times, which can get frustrating at both ends of the conversation.
teacher aide
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
some students will not listen so you have to learn how to work with them. overall have passion and patience to work with children. .............................
Great group of techs
Electrician/Avionics (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAAugust 28, 2017
Very easy people to get along with great working environment but no stability. If it weren't for the layofs, I would love to stay there forever. Too bad.
Historic home
Head Landscape Manager, Arborist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2017
The home owners are lovely people and maintaining the trees on property was a highlight of the years I spent there. Truly a once in a lifetime experience.
A good small engineering firm focused on the civil field
Secretary for the Corporation and Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 11, 2016
A good place to work with an engaged management and rewarding projects available to work on with a good team.

They provide services to all of Central Illinois from their base in Bloomington.
Fun place to be while working as in the stick lanes. The down side was having to stay on base and sharing sleeping quarters.
Generic Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 18, 2016
The job was very rewarding as in taking part of the training of soldiers prior to deployment and working with a large group of co workers all working together to complete a scenario. The company it self was frustrating to work for as in the pay scale was not right so there where issues.
Pros
Being able to help train the soldiers
Cons
Sometimes no time to stop and eat no set break times or lunch
Workers' Compensation Law Firm
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 8, 2016
Working with peace officers. Paper work and dictation. Working for senior partner, calendaring, meeting with clients. Taking intake worksheets for potential new clients.
Great people and nice place to work
Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 2, 2016
Good place to work, but can be stressful. The company has a lot of great employee training classes and fun interactive parties for employees. This company makes sure all employees are up to speed on all technology.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, flexible schedules
Cons
small cubicles
Reliable and Productive
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Good place to work with great attorneys. The four attorneys in the firm know their areas of expertise. All of the employees are treated fairly and with respect.
Closed down
Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Headland, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Company sold out to another company. Very nice folks to work for. Very friendly staff and co workers. Shame that it had closed.
family orienated company
collator operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2015
setup and operate bindery machinery. I learned to work fast and produce quality business forms. The management really loved hard workers. Everybody had to work together and closely watch for errors. The machines were rated per hour per job. I loved getting my production score and making over 100%. The worst part was when the company sold out and the new one started the swing shift - 4 weeks 1st / 4 weeks 2nd.
Pros
excelling the 100% quote
Cons
some jobs were extremely slow running
very cheap pay
Forgein language trainer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Dix, NJDecember 8, 2015
the contract was cheap and won't pay you if work was cancelled on their behalf . they don't give you specific schedule and sometimes you have to watch your total hours
Challenging work, good team members and secure work environment
Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaAugust 30, 2015
LBBS is a large multi-state firm that has top tier clients and challenging and interesting cases. I enjoy working for the team I am with and I would not be looking at other opportunities but for the commute to work each day, which can take up to two hours each way. Therefore, I am looking to see if there is something comparable in the Miami area.
Pros
Challenging work and good team
Cons
Commute too far (up to 15 hours per week)
Fast-paced but very good place to work
Bookkeeper/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working there. Left for a promotion. Now that I don't need to make as much, I wish they had an opening and I would go back. It is a fast-paced environment with many deadlines but still a peaceful atmosphere. Treated like family.
Pros
Really good owners and co-workers
Cons
None really
Wonderful firm!
Legal Litigation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Great firm to work for. They definitely get the job done! The trial work was very rewarding. It was sometimes difficult to balance general work vs. trial work, but we got the job done and in a timely manner.
Great morale
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2014
Great learning experience. Great company to work for. Learned so much as a starting point.
Pros
Professional atmosphere in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.
Cons
Big law firm.
simple, large old-school law firm
Indexing & Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Used to be a much better place to work, but they rarely promote from within and/or give raises.
Merger
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaSeptember 4, 2014
Lewis, Birch and Ricardo, LLC merged with a larger Firm. Uncertain of future.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
No job security