LewisGale Regional Health System Employee Reviews

Wonderful team work, positive environment.
OR Manager/Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 28, 2018
I have worked at LGH for 20 years and wouldn't change a thing. The people are wonderful and supportive. It is a place to stay and grow your career. Patient safety and satisfaction is our number one priority every day.
Pros
Pay and advancement opportunities
Cons
We need more wonderful nurses!
Excellant place to work
RN rehab floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 3, 2018
Such a fresh breath of air .....best place I have worked ever. Mngt was caring and concerned about their staff.everyone was easy to work with.any issues that would arise were always taken care of
Pros
They really care about theur employees
Productive and busy
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Low Moor, VAMay 3, 2018
I worked different shifts. Each shift has different responsibilites.
I liked that you were rotated from outpatient and processing so you didn't get burned out in one area. The late shift could be very stressful because there are only two empolyees a technician and phlebotomist. I enjoyed my job here even though it was fast paced at times. I would love to be part of the team again.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Executive Management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 11, 2018
Worst place ever...yes they pay you well but it is definitely not worth it. You are never appreciated, understaffed, and over worked. Upper management avoids any issues and if you say anything they get rid of you regardless if you are right or how well you perform your job. Its all about numbers there and that changes daily.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staffed, overworked, lack of quality upper management, avoid conflict through termination
good doctors
LPN (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 9, 2018
An good place to work. Lunches provided on wednesdays by drug reps. Good hours to work. No weekends. No major holidays other than Easter monday. Overall a good place
Pros
wednesday lunches
Cons
having to use personal PTO for "paid holidays"
Busy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 26, 2018
Our unit is a constant turnover unit. We have sometimes 10-15 surgeries and as soon as a patient is discharged the room is cleaned and another patient arrives. Very fast paced.
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
busy
A pleasant and rewarding place to work.
CNA II/Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 24153January 30, 2018
Management is very supportive of employees and encourage a culture of continuing education and support among co-workers. Benefits and pay are very good.
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 12, 2017
Overall good experience. Good staff and good doctors. Short staffing made job difficult at times. Good management. Would definitely recommend this company to friends.
Hours cut if low census
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Low Moor, VASeptember 4, 2017
Loved the job however, hours were cut anytime census was down or surgeons were off. Sometimes I would barely manage 20 hours a week. The m-f 8-430 hours were great but job is not very stable if you're looking for a full time position this would not be a position I would recommend.
Pros
M-f 8-430 hours
Cons
Working 29 hours or less a week
Excellent Place to Work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 10, 2017
This hospital has such a positive culture it's crazy! Although it is a 521 bed hospital, it feels like a small hospital in that everyone knows everyone and treats each other with respect. Also it is obvious how much LewisGale cares for their staff. They offer education assistance, clinical ladder, great benefits, excellent pay, and allow for excellent upward movement! LewisGale also does a large amount of community serve and education, showing that they truly care about the community. I have worked here for 10 years and would not change one single thing! You also constantly see administration rounding on all of the units asking for ideas on how to improve the facility and care we provide. I can't say enough good things about LewisGale and the teams that work within!
Pros
Great Culture, family envirnoment, pay, patient quality, etc
Great coworkers and atmosphere
RN (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 9, 2017
I've enjoyed my job in Respond. I thought I would retire from there. I never dreamed this department would be eliminated. I have the best coworkers. We are a great team.
Pros
Life/work balance
Cons
Being eliminated
Understaffed
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJune 1, 2017
I loved my job but we never could keep any staff therefore we couldn't have a life outside of the hospital which forced me to leave. I have children that play sports and it's hard to be a mom when your never around
fun place to go and learn new things
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 7, 2017
Worked in the OR, the staff was great there. Had an amazing management. Did learn a lot about chemicals and blood related stuff. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay away from infectious things.
productive and active postion
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 31, 2017
I like working with the public. Working at Lewis Gale Medical Center I gave to interact with people direct and sometimes all they need is a friendly face to be positive about their day.
nice ,quite, environment
Former member (Former Employee) –  Low Moor, VADecember 24, 2016
As far as employment ,there are hardly any blacks working at this facility! They only get jobs in environmental, and food services.as far as doctors, Rn's,lpn's ,cna's ,techs, maintenance, etc.majority are white
Pros
N/A free anything
Cons
N/a
Coworkers are great,
MLT-GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Salem, VADecember 5, 2016
Not enough staff to maintain adequate lab coverage-too many overtime hours and no home life. Pay is on line with area. Upper management and human resources are clueless.
loved my job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 7, 2016
I loved working for Lewis gale it was a great place to work everyone was wonderful the only thing i had an issue with was the pay rate.
Pros
people, management, staff
Cons
pay
Good
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 27, 2016
Excellent fast paced work environment with lots of opportunities for education. Excellent nursing team and auxiliary staff. A good place to work.
Pros
team work
Cons
under staffed
Great working environment with a dedicated staff
Lead Accountant (Current Employee) –  Low Moor, VAFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day is always very busy in a fast-paced working environment. No two days are ever the same and we often work to meet tight deadlines. It is a job that is constantly challenging me but it has been through these challenges that I have gained greater knowledge of accounting as it pertains to the healthcare.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced, great co-workers and managment
a typical day at work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 11, 2015
You had to have to ability to work in a fast environment and be able to multi task. Bedside reporting then caring for patient's requiring medical care during their stay to rehabilitate from stroke, paralysis from back surgery or more intense diagnoses that were complicated by multiple factors. Documentation was important and the ability to act quickly in times of emergency.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
heavy workload with not enough staff most days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LewisGale Regional Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

LewisGale Regional Health System Reviews by Location