LexiCode Employee Reviews

Remote Coder
Remote Coder (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 30, 2018
I loved working here, it was busy and demanding but this industry is now. The expectations are high because we are professional consultants and compensated at such. I found the mgmt. team helpful and kind. I was challenged all the way around.
Pros
Education, QA feedback
Horrible place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Dont even try to apply at Lexicode, this place is a joke!!the VP of remote coding is the most horrible, stupid incompetent person you'd ever meet,and so are the account managers who are biased and most of the time don't even know what they are doing! If you still choose to apply here, be warned and prepared to work long hours and demands that are completely opposite to what you sign up for! There is absolutely no pay increase or any type of recognition, lack of work, and very hostile environment to work for! I would not recommend this company even to my worst enemy!
Pros
Education
Cons
Management and everything else
I out grew this place.
medical coding encounters (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCMarch 30, 2018
I didn't have the best time at the end of my time with lexicode, but I did learn to code in an environment that was tough. I was new to the whole coding thing and they trained me to code. I think they had the best coder development program.
Pros
coder development program was the best
Cons
It got very cut throat .
Steer clear of this company.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Ballentine, SCDecember 24, 2017
I worked extremely hard for this company. Accommodated them with whatever they asked. After 7 yrs of putting up with their lack of management, deceitful treatment, good old girls mentality, I was told they didn’t have enough work to keep me on full-time. I could stay on as part-time but they wouldn’t promise me any work. They won’t offer any references for a future job. I later found out that the majority of their work is being outsourced to the Philippines and India. So much for a confidential secure medical record. Steer clear of this company.
great company
Remote Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  remoteDecember 21, 2017
Great hours
Poor management
Lack of work
This was a great company just a problem with managements communication.
This company originally guaranteed work and then ran out of work on a consistent basis.
I was told there would be continuing education and there was not.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
I would not recommend Lexicode.
Remote Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 5, 2017
I was laid off after an accident. I was never really put back to work. I had the accident shortly after three months at work. I worked for six days following.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bogus bonus
Best place to work and progress!
Coding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2017
I had the best team of people help me advance my skills and enjoy my work! There was always work available, and they were fair and always respectful of their employees. Unfortunately, there was a death in the family which prompted me to leave the company. God bless the people at LexiCode!
Good company to work but no job security
Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 30, 2017
I was hired just before ICD10 was in use. A lot of companies were hiring because of the need to keep productivity high during the transistions to ICD10. I had steady work for 7 months. My accuracy was at 96%. I was just getting confident with ICD10, then there was no work for 3 months. I watched videos from there teaching site. I was going out of my mind. I will say the resources from their education instruction were great. I feel they hired to many coders and lost clients once they realized their productivity didn't go as down as they thought it would. So they decided to let me go, it was 3 days before Christmas. That hurt, they could have waited until after the holidays, it was only a week more. I recommend going to a company or hospital with steady work.
Pros
Medical benefits, Dental benefits, education
Cons
no work
Great people to work for.
Remote Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 10, 2017
Timely response to emails. Excellent education delivery. Enjoyed working for LexiCode and felt it was a "good fit". Compensation and benefits were competitive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough work
Fast Paced but relaxed environment
OP Medical Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 20, 2017
The managers are very easy to work with and ver energetic about learning opportunities. They push their employees to excel and grow. They also provide lots of training opportunities.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Competitive
Loved working for Lexicode
Senior Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 17, 2017
Really wish I hadn't been laid off, b/c I really like this company. Unfortunately, no clients had openings and I was without work for a month, so layoffs came. All of the account managers I worked with were great - very supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Ability to work from home, usually with a flexible schedule
Cons
Job instability, no co-workers to converse with.
Started out as a great company
Remote Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2017
LexiCode started out as one the best companies out there until corporate took control and it went down hill. Some managers needed to remain coders and some coders could well excel into management if everybody wasn't either related or close friends. No amount of money could make me make that mistake again. But I am grateful for the strong foundation that has opened some pretty tough doors for me based on my background alone.
Worked a s a consultant
CODING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 15, 2017
I was on the road most of the time. I usually drove to the assigned client. I had varied work assignments depending on the clients needs. I worked at the client as this was prior to EHR.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Earliest flights possible.
Watch out for the axe
Clinical DRG Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2017
We were hired (many lured away from other jobs) with the promise of a long term career. They sent us all packing after 8 months as they were dependent on a contract that they did not actually have. 60 nurses left careers and were mislead into believing that this company would be a long term career move - turns out that this was not the case. Caveat emptor.
Pros
Pay was decent
Remote Coding
ER Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 24, 2017
Remote coding makes it so I have not met my managers and have never been involved in a party. I know most about my managers becoming friends on social media.
Pros
Flexible lunchtime
Cons
Dental program is weak.
Contract Revoked for all employees
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2017
Strenuous teaching only to have our contract not renewed after 7 months of employment. Education/training 5 weeks in South Carolina. UR/UM, ICD 9 & 10
Lexicode is a great company to work for!
Manager, Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 2, 2017
I have worked for Lexicode for quite a while. I started straight out of college and have worked my way up throughout the years. Lexicode has always had work for me. Management always listens when I have any kind of complaints or concerns. Schedules are flexible when needed and they have provided the additional ceus you need to maintain certification and additional education when you need refreshers or help in an area. I would highly recommend Lexicode. They are very competitive in salaries or production. If you are looking for a place to work that trusts your judgement and entrusts you to work professionally, this is the place for you.
Pros
ceus, education, all resources needed (books, 3M encoder, etc), laptop.
Cons
Not for unexperienced coders who need constant supervision. No matching 401K
Great Company!
Outpatient Surgery Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 25, 2017
Great company to work for who provides plenty of educational training to help you advance in your coding area. They continue to look for clients to provide employees with FT work.
Misleading flex schedule and downtime
Senior Inpatient Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Ask a lot of questions before hiring on about downtime and flex schedule, it seems to be more for them than the employee, communication is not good and misleading.
remote job
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Got laid off, due to not enough work. Co-workers were easy to get a long with . Flexible work schedules and vacation days.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexiCode. Our community is ready to answer.