Lexington ARC Employee Reviews

Great Benefits- part of a family
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYApril 1, 2019
the culture is unique, stressful at times, but very rewarding. The management is very caring. They put family first, great work/life balance. I may not always agree with the management decisions, but they are fair. Pay could be better, but it is what it is, and you can't beat the benefits.
Pros
Benefits-culture
Cons
stressful, lower pay
Family atmosphere and nurturing environment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 25, 2019
I have worked for Lexington for over 23 years and have loved every minute of my career. Supporting people with developmental disabilities has been a life changing experience for me. I can not imagine what my career would have been like if I did not choose to work at Lexington many years ago. I would highly advise anyone looking for a career that has a huge impact on people to come work for Lexington. The agency has a family atmosphere and a nurturing philosophy. I am proud to work for such an amazing agency.
Pros
Family atmosphere, nurturing environment, caring, understanding management
Cons
Location of agency is difficult if living outside of Fulton County
Amazing place to work with family like atmosphere
DSS (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 19, 2019
Lexington ARC has great benefits and an awesome 401k. I've never worked for a company that has such good benefits and it takes the stress off. The hours are also great with a work/life balance!
Benefits
Like working with family
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYMarch 17, 2019
By far the most rewarding job I’ve ever had. Everyone becomes a part of a big family. The management is extremely supportive and always there for anything you might need. The benefits package Lexington offers is by far one of the best I’ve seen. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to work at Lexington and would still be there if I didn’t have to move!
Pros
Family atmosphere, friendly people
Was a decent place to work
Dss (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, NYMarch 1, 2019
Lexington was a decent place to work , get individuals. Decent staff . I loved going to work every day to see the individuals and help them take care of their home and belongings
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Not well enough pay
Recognize your long tern employees instead of new hires
Dss (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Lexington is a great place to work in the respect of the people you support.They are the greatest ppl you will ever meet.The benefits are also very good.The pay however is not very good.This job is rewarding but it can also be thankless,stressful and physically draining.But the worst thing about Lexington is that long term employees are just not appreciated.They are way to concerned with getting and keeping new hires.In doing this they forget to acknowledge the veteran staff which is pushing many long term employees to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits, ppl you support are great, fun job most of the time
Cons
No recognition unless you are new
Very flexible hours
Awn (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 19, 2019
I worked at Lexington for several years didnt really much enjoy being a floater because of all the traveling. But then I got permanent at a house . Was out on medical leave and lost my position.
Bosses are not kind
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 30, 2018
Very nice individuals. Staff ha s a lot of drama and unfortunately bosses get involved and it becomes who you know kind of work place. Very stressful working with the staff
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Staff is terrible
Relaxed environment. Not much room for advancement.
On Call Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYOctober 1, 2018
Decent job for beginning a career. Just don't expect to get rich. Not much room for advancement although the promise is always there. Vague with talks and answers.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Direct Support Staff (DSS) (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I love working with all the individuals and get to know them. They are all awesome people and deserve the best. They are human and have feelings like everyone else and they are no different than us.
overall great job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 13, 2018
overall, lexington is a great job with many benefits. The health insurance isn't the best, but it could be much worse. The best part of the job is that it's super rewarding and you get to spend your day with some super cool individuals that really do make everything worth it.
Pros
Pto, benefits, rewarding work
Cons
low pay, long hours, short staffed
DSP (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Always Always understaffed and the client care is borderline abusive.Management just sweeps everything under the rug.Many times when your shift was over your relief would be late and this would be over and over again.If you want to see how an agency neglects clients work for Lexington in Albany.
Pros
clients
Cons
The whole Albany Lexington system
Review
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled people and dwatching their lives improve. I learned how to work with people and be accomodating to their needs. The hardest part was being patient sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping them do day to day activities and watching them thrive.
Pros
working with people
Cons
short breaks
Pay is not good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 26, 2018
The people at Lexington are amazing the staff is okay management is poor pay is poor I miss Lexington I would go back they are very good with working with you on your hours
Pros
The individuals at Lexington
Cons
Pay an management
Provides a nurturing environment and puts people first.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYAugust 2, 2018
An amazing place to work while enhancing the lives of people with different abilities. There is room for employees to grow professionally and training for the good of the agency.
Working there currently
Awake night (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJuly 11, 2018
Been there for 3 years so far. Pay isn’t great for the amount of work they put you through. You’ll get in trouble if you work too much and if you work too little
Pros
It’s a job taking care of amazing people
Cons
They care more about the budget than the individuals
Amazing place to work but limited salary
Duties ranged from assisting (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYJuly 3, 2018
Rewarding field to work in and friendly culture with staff and management only con is the pay rate. Benefits were good though as far as having affordable health dental vision life insurance and 401K with sufficient time off.
residents were great fellow employees not so much
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205June 15, 2018
I loved working here for the people I served management stunk very demending but not appreciative of anything you did residents could do much better elsewhere
Pros
Cons
place is filed with them
Lexington has provided me with many years of experience.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gloversville/ JohnstownMay 16, 2018
I have enjoyed working as a member of the Lexington team for many years. They have provided me with a variety of opportunities and knowledge in the human services field.
I enjoyed my employment at Lexington
Supervising Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Lexington. I have 3 different positions while I was there and I learned a lot about different positions and myself as a person and an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington ARC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight