Lexington Center for Recovery, Inc

Lexington Center for Recovery, Inc Employee Reviews

Great staff
Great staff to work with. Very supportive and friendly. Lexington Center offered training to staff members on regular basis. It is a great place for recovery as the staff is very informed on current needs in the community and how to address issues for patients.
Pros
Friendly and informed, educated staff
Cons
Pay is not that great
Don’t do it
Expect to work hours and hours of overtime with no compensation and to have an unmanageable caseload. I barely had time to care about my clients let alone provide them with quality care
Poor Professional Environment
Executive management hasn't a clue what clinical social work entails and does not appear to value evidence-based practice. Upper management appears to consist of people who got promoted by connection not competence. There is poor onboarding and supervision available. Structure is poor. Staff members are not heard, and there exists some boundary concerns.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Professional development not promoted or supported
Very Horrible place to work
They do not help with addictions they are money grubby jerks who are for themselves. The people who work there are snakes who are for themselves only!
lexington
at Lexington center for recovery i have gained a vast of knowledge in the field of substance use and the various treatments that are available for those suffering from addictions
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Salary increase
I'm hopeful that things will improve or the turnover will continue. Hopefully management will come to a solution on how to minimize the turnover at the agency
Saves lifes
Upon my interning , I enjoyed helping other to remain abstinence and have gained a lot of experience. I will be able to apply the experiential learning from Lexington Center
Pros
Help others to maintain significance in their life
Cons
Facility should be enlarged to support more individuals to maintain a productive life-style
Bullies
Stressful, hostile workplace. There were too many skeletons in the closet, too many questionable hires and fires, too much drama, and too many bullies in management positions.
this is a great place to work.
Lexington Center for Recovery is a great agency. This job is well managed, has a good work team, and is very rewarding, Like anything in life, there is always room for improvement but LCR makes their employees want to be apart of the experience.
Pros
management
Worked part time
I was a part- time administrative assistant. I worked 16 hours a week, plus they liked me so if someone was off they asked me to come in and cover a shift if possible.
Good Place to work
Management is supportive. Reasonable expectations. You are listened to and your input is important..................................................
Even your coworkers are in recovery
I enjoyed working with the patients. You understand the disease of addiction from working with them. Some are committed to sobriety and some are not. The working conditions were poor. Poor supervisor. Poor coworkers. There was a "therapist" who couldn't even make eye contact with coworkers or patients. Some of the therapists are in recovery and are less than forgiving with the patients. I have heard personnel has changed a lot, as well as the director and that things are better. I learned a lot here but certainly not from my supervisor or coworker.
Pros
Working to help people
Cons
Coworkers in recovery
Poor management horrible work culture
Lexington is a very enabling company. Management is horrible and supervisors are inexperienced. Only work here if you plan for it to be temporary.
Job Security
The folks that work at Lexington are all afraid of getting fired Lexington is run by a crazy ED. People get fired all the time. do yourself a favor and keep looking.
Pros
Cons
It is all bad from health insurance to the office culture.
Work Her If You Love Dysfunction!
Lexington is a great place to work if you want to be surrounded by staff lacking boundaries, professionalism or purpose. Tons of people are fired over gossip and rumors, while those breaking HIPAA guidelines get promoted. Don't bother trying to improve the quality of care; you'll be undermined and terminated for that. I'd love to say the clients are the problem, but they are not. The problem is a very dysfunctional and ineffective administrative structure and personnel. Work here if you'd like to be frustrated and talked about behind your back- by senior staff. Leaving is the first step to a healthy recovery!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Horrendous administration and supervision
Exemplary counselors
Adept at Outpatient recovery. excellent counselors. a caring compassionate staff with particularly excellent administrative and managerial abilities.
Not so productive as I anticipated
A typical day would involve seeing your scheduled clients approximately 30-45 minutes per session. After most session, a counselor is to administer a urine drug test. Most counselors run about 2+ groups a day. There is a community feeling amongst the clients.
When not seeing clients directly, counselors spend their time writing case notes, devising treatment – more...
Cons
Not organized
Productive and fulfilling
I had a wonderful time working here. Most of the people who work here are very supportive of each other and eager to mentor new talent. Given a chance I would go back...
good place to work
benefice could be better, no annual raises or cost of living increases. Overall good place to work
Clinical work with children and families.
The work itself is rewarding however the management aspect of poor.
Pros
Creating Change in the Community
Cons
Poor management
see other review
Management needs help...loss of several employees. I came back to help teens stay out of prison in an inner city environment. Many people do not know what is involved in the criminal mentality of youth.
I enjoy the challenge and working with other systems to improve the lives of our children.
Pros
The youth.
Cons
Challenging families to become more involved.