Lexington Center Employee Reviews

Very flexible hours
Awn (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 19, 2019
I worked at Lexington for several years didnt really much enjoy being a floater because of all the traveling. But then I got permanent at a house . Was out on medical leave and lost my position.
Bosses are not kind
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 30, 2018
Very nice individuals. Staff ha s a lot of drama and unfortunately bosses get involved and it becomes who you know kind of work place. Very stressful working with the staff
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Staff is terrible
Relaxed environment. Not much room for advancement.
On Call Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYOctober 1, 2018
Decent job for beginning a career. Just don't expect to get rich. Not much room for advancement although the promise is always there. Vague with talks and answers.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Direct Support Staff (DSS) (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I love working with all the individuals and get to know them. They are all awesome people and deserve the best. They are human and have feelings like everyone else and they are no different than us.
overall great job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 13, 2018
overall, lexington is a great job with many benefits. The health insurance isn't the best, but it could be much worse. The best part of the job is that it's super rewarding and you get to spend your day with some super cool individuals that really do make everything worth it.
Pros
Pto, benefits, rewarding work
Cons
low pay, long hours, short staffed
DSP (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Always Always understaffed and the client care is borderline abusive.Management just sweeps everything under the rug.Many times when your shift was over your relief would be late and this would be over and over again.If you want to see how an agency neglects clients work for Lexington in Albany.
Pros
clients
Cons
The whole Albany Lexington system
Review
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled people and dwatching their lives improve. I learned how to work with people and be accomodating to their needs. The hardest part was being patient sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping them do day to day activities and watching them thrive.
Pros
working with people
Cons
short breaks
Pay is not good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 26, 2018
The people at Lexington are amazing the staff is okay management is poor pay is poor I miss Lexington I would go back they are very good with working with you on your hours
Pros
The individuals at Lexington
Cons
Pay an management
Provides a nurturing environment and puts people first.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYAugust 2, 2018
An amazing place to work while enhancing the lives of people with different abilities. There is room for employees to grow professionally and training for the good of the agency.
Working there currently
Awake night (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJuly 11, 2018
Been there for 3 years so far. Pay isn’t great for the amount of work they put you through. You’ll get in trouble if you work too much and if you work too little
Pros
It’s a job taking care of amazing people
Cons
They care more about the budget than the individuals
Amazing place to work but limited salary
Duties ranged from assisting (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYJuly 3, 2018
Rewarding field to work in and friendly culture with staff and management only con is the pay rate. Benefits were good though as far as having affordable health dental vision life insurance and 401K with sufficient time off.
residents were great fellow employees not so much
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205June 15, 2018
I loved working here for the people I served management stunk very demending but not appreciative of anything you did residents could do much better elsewhere
Pros
Cons
place is filed with them
Great staff
Staff Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 7, 2018
Great staff to work with. Very supportive and friendly. Lexington Center offered training to staff members on regular basis. It is a great place for recovery as the staff is very informed on current needs in the community and how to address issues for patients.
Pros
Friendly and informed, educated staff
Cons
Pay is not that great
Lexington has provided me with many years of experience.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gloversville/ JohnstownMay 16, 2018
I have enjoyed working as a member of the Lexington team for many years. They have provided me with a variety of opportunities and knowledge in the human services field.
I enjoyed my employment at Lexington
Supervising Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Lexington. I have 3 different positions while I was there and I learned a lot about different positions and myself as a person and an employee.
Low pay difficult to move up
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 17, 2018
The people we support are amazing. Bonuses are great when they are given, holiday pay is good. As far as anything else it leaves a lot to be desired. The agency has gone downhill since the original CEO passed and someone else took over.
Pros
Holiday pay and bonuses when given
Cons
No breaks low pay poor benefits
Productive, Accomplished
Direct Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 25, 2018
Working a Lexington allows you to feel accomplished. You are helping people through their everyday lives that would not be able to with out you, or the other staff.
rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYFebruary 13, 2018
taking individuals on outings was one of my favorite parts of the job i took a couple individuals to the boston aquarium, niagara falls and many camping trips
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
low pay
Former Direct Support Staff
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Definitely not enough psy for what you do here... You do more than what nurses do and get paid only 10 something an hour... You only get benefits when you are fulltime, this company starts everyone off at part time and in order to get fulltime you need to apply for an open position which most of the time, they will give someone who already has benefits rather than someone who doesn't. The management is very clicky and no matter what, there's no one to help you if you need them. You are pretty much on your own... They hire 365 days a year, so obviously people are constantly leaving if that isn't a red flag right there. Very underpaid and no benefits,its all about who you know here.
Pros
Paid lunch, making a difference in someones life
Cons
Underpaid, no benefits when part time
I liked Lexington.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 1, 2018
I loved Lexington and I would defiantly go Back... I love helping people who can do things themselves. There Like Family, and I really miss it there sometimes.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Healthcare, Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight