Lexington Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Tough place to work, but worth it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2019
I worked here for 3 years. It was tough working overnights. But I had a good team, and a boss I enjoyed working with. I would recommend working here on 3rd shift. I never worked 1st shift, so I can not recommend working on that shift, since I do not know it.
Excellent place to challenge your mind
CNC Operator / Cell lead (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 7, 2018
A typical day for my position at Lexington began later in the evening for 3rd shift around 9PM. I would start my day doing preventative maintenance on assigned machines then take a look at the workload assigned to my cell for the day and how many hours each job would take then plan my shift according to the most needed products to be finished. I learned a great deal about focusing on detail and fine tuning older machines and mills to provide very minimal defects and variables in tolerances. This position also helped me to manage my own time and workload to the best of my standards and felt like a part of the team as well as given a lot of freedom to try new things and better the process. The management here seemed to fit the environment well and was hardly involved in the work aspect of the facility but tended to other important matters I'm sure. Most of the floor management was done by shift supervisors. The hardest part of the job I think was making up for workload when co-workers called in sick. I think the most enjoyable part of the position was the freedom to think and execute new strategies to increase the income of the company by saving time or materials.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
Somewhat tedious busywork
family oriented
Molder Operator (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MN 56401November 5, 2018
Pay starts out good but do not expect a raise for a year and they will train you on a machine say they will pay you more but they won't. fair amount of OT. Will let you off with out pay unless you have vacation. only 16 hour first year. Holiday pay only 8 hours. The RF that I worked was physical the other machines not so much just push button.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Pay raises, vacation, managment could use some help
Enjoyable Company to work for
Class A Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Lexington Mfg. They provided a steady safe and challenging work environment with opportunities to advance. I moved up through various departments eventually into the tooling department building and maintaining all tooling related to all aspects of production.
Pros
Great work environment, Owners and Managment were very approachable.
Cons
Winter work slowdowns.
Good starting job, horrible career
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 31, 2017
Low-med pay, very mediocre benefits, a horrible management system, 3 owners all with different agendas, multitude of supervisors all with different opinions on even basic daily operations, no training, out-dated systems, out-dated machines, low safety standards, don't follow O.S.H.A regulations.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
everything else
Official response from Lexington Manufacturing
June 13, 2018

Hi - thank you for your feedback - please know that concerns about safety are taken seriously - please report any safety concerns immediately to your lead, supervisor or any manager so that they can be looked into immediately

Good working environment and nice people
Temporary worker (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 14, 2017
a typical day at work for me was dip treatment of wood products and once that was finished helping out other people at their stations. I learned how to stay ahead of my quota. Management was good people who really were there to help you out. hardest part of the job is just the lifting part of the job. The people are very nice would have to be the best part of the job
Pros
paid breaks and lunch
Cons
not alot of opportunity for advancement
more of a production over safety company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoyed the work but management was weak and multiple coworkers voiced that to me and I also experienced this myself. This company will claim safety over production but its not true based on experience.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
very short breaks two ten min breaks and a twenty min lunch break
good company to work for, great management, little room for advancement
Machine operator, profile wrapping (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 30, 2016
great people to work with, and a caring management team great hours making family time possible. not much room for advancement, but a good job to learn from.
Official response from Lexington Manufacturing
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your comments, and glad to hear that you like the people you work with, and have time away from work to spend with your family. Lexington would like to know more about the areas that you would like to advance - you are encouraged to share this with your lead, supervisor or HR!

Dealing with upper management was very hard to do
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 19, 2015
Typical day was entering customer po's and dealing with internal and external customers. That the training process was very poor. first day of work it here is your office, and this is what you do. Management is very hard to deal with, very clicky. co-workers a few are helpful but others not so much. Hardest part going there, most enjoyable leaving.
Lexington Manufacturing Center/OWL
Production Associate and Inspection (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 21, 2014
One of the reasons I enjoy this position is that it allows me to perform repetitive tasks. Also, I like how I get to work on different projects on a nearly day to day basis instead of having to do the exact same project each and every day.
I have learned that the hardware kits we make are based on orders (in quantity) that are given to us by the Square D Company. In other words, our work is based on response to a "supply and demand" nature.
The management that I work with are very good and reasonable people, and most of my co-workers are easy to get along with and, more importantly, to work with on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable parts of the job are when I can do projects that allow me to create and process kits with a minimal quantity of pieces. For example, if I am given the task of making either two or three-piece kits, I am able to create and process them with incredible speed, since kits requiring many more pieces tend to slow me down (hence, slow down my production rate). This response leads to the hardest part of the job: having to create and process kits with multiple pieces of hardware that slow down my production rate.
Pros
sufficient breaks and lunch times
Cons
lack of healthcare benefits, in spite of the fact that I already have Medicaid.
ok, place to work
Forklift and machine operator (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 2, 2014
ok job to work at. they didn't pay that great. It is a really hot place to work.
A good company.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 15, 2013
This is a very good company but due to 911 they had to make cut backs and I was one of the cut backs.
AWESOME Place and Fun to work
Maintenance Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNOctober 8, 2012
I had the best time working here! I enjoyed the people very much!! Every day was fun and exciting! The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
fun and a great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Lexington Manufacturing Reviews by Location