Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great coworkers
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 16, 2018
The coworkers I spent time with were a very valuable resource. Not only were they knowledgeable, but they truly made the job more enjoyable. Pay and benefits were better than other area hospitals as well.
Great place to work but hard to advance
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 2, 2018
I worked for Lexington medical center for 5yrs and for the most part enjoyed working there. I did jump around to several different areas while I was there so it is nice to have a transfer option with in the LMC group.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Not enough room for advancement, overtime, or pay raises
Not a great place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 30, 2018
Management likes to play favorites in the department. Did not listen to others idea about how to help the department only went with what certain employees wanted.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short lunch only 30 min
Productive Workplace
Medical Social Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 25, 2018
Lexington Medical Center is a fast pace environment but is very structured. All medical staff work well together under pressure and communicate very effectively.
I loved working at Lexington Medical Center
Radiology Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2018
As a CNA, the job was physically demanding and the area was fast-paced. The workplace culture was awesome, and it will be the part of the job that I miss most. The hardest part of my job was the physical aspect. I came to LMC with no back problems whatsoever; I left LMC with serious back issues.
Pros
Fair pay, family culture
Cons
Hard work, patients are difficult and physically demanding
I loved working for this organization
Clinical Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 23, 2018
The typical work day was productive and collaborative. The culture was awesome and the mission was valuable. The hardest part of this job was that I had to leave it for Family requirements at the time. The best part of the job was all of it. I really loved working for this organization, its benefits, and the people.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
didn't want to leave the organization but life demands required it at th time:-(
Excellent place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 16, 2018
I have learned so much as an employee at LMC and have grown as a nurse in many ways. The culture at LMC is like no other, we are more like a family. I would 100% recommend working at LMC!
PT financial services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 16, 2018
Management was unprofessional and unethical. That dept needs a lot of training and I understand why they have a high turnover rate. Favoritism
Definitely plays a role in that dept
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced and labor intensive.
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, South CarolinaApril 16, 2018
A fast paced environment with multiple job duties at one time. Great working environment with wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be the physical labor intensive duties required each day.
Volunteer
Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 10, 2018
This was a fun place to volunteer. This is a great place to learn a lot and grow. Friendly atmosphere and very clean hospital. Energy in this place is lively.
Miss it daily
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 7, 2018
I worked in HR as a support person and I loved it. Not much room for advancement unless you've been there for a long time. But it was like a family. I loves my job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
not a lot of holidays
Official response from Lexington Medical Center
April 9, 2018

We are happy to hear that your time of employment with Lexington Medical Center was positive!

busy
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 6, 2018
The retail operations are extremely busy with a very high turnover rate. Management does all they can to keep employees happy. The recruiters do an amazing job at screening new employees and bringing them in quickly.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Clinical Applications Analyst III (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 3, 2018
I am very appreciative of the opportunity that Lexington provided to me. It is a great place to work and I feel the best of any of the hospitals in the Columbia/Lexington area.
I've been at Lexington hospital for 20 years but different departments all part-time and I enjoy work for this company
Lab Register (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 1, 2018
Lexington hospital is a place you want to build a career I enjoy the management and the people I work for. I take your other patients and they take care of their employees
Pros
You can charge your lunch on your badge and sometime they give you free lunch meal tickets
Cons
And some place to work for full and part-time
Job Security
Medical Collections Services Manager (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 29, 2018
Did not like the way the department was outsourced to one of our third party companies. It put the Manager on the spot to try and find jobs for all her employees in less than 30 days.
Pros
Great pay and benfits
Cons
Poor Management from Sr Leadership
great place to work
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 23, 2018
I work at Lexington Medical Center PRN. I really enjoy working there. We all get along and are great team player. We always try to have each other back to get the job done and keep our patient happy with the care they receive.
Productive Customer Service / Financial Solutionist
Self Pay Representative (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2018
My job position was a collaboration of fast pace and somewhat relaxed to reach out to customers / This would be the perfect time to make outbound calls to customers assisting with payment arrangement contracts / even collecting payment with sensitive credit / bank account information .
Pros
Employer Health Screening Available on-site
Nice people and lots of areas to learn in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2018
i really enjoyed the patients I took care of and the doctors I worked for. the only downside was I was overwhelmed with a large work load and no help and very often no lunch break in a 10 hour shift.
Pros
wonderful doctors who taught me alot and always answered my questions
Cons
no lunch sometimes, office drama, no paid holidays when office closed
Love It
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2018
LMC is a great place to work. I joined their team while still in school for nursing. After graduation, I was accepted into their residency program. I worked for a year on a 6 to 1 ratio med/surg unit. I later transferred to an Intermediate Surgical Stepdown Unit/CV Surgery unit where I have spent 1 year 8 months and have learned so much. This has been a great experience.
Very good place to work in the healthcare field
Assistant Director of Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2018
Lexington Medical Center provided a very good work atmosphere with great benefits. Management was helpful and supportive. Daily work was always challenging but never overwhelming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight