Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great people!
Report all patient related activity to the RN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 13, 2019
Lexington medical is a great place to work! There is always OT available and Lexington often offers bonus programs. The tuition reimbursement tops out at $7500, but they do offer some scholarships.
Stable job, unstable management
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMarch 13, 2019
While the job is a relatively simple one, everyday basically the same the management could use major improvement. Different employees are held to different standards and pay is all over the board regardless of experience or education level. Problems are never addressed when reported to management which only creates more tension between co-workers. One would assume with such a high turnover rate within this job title it would perhaps speak to the higher ups that something is wrong with management not just employees but people continue to come and go. Pay is lacking, most others I know in this job title were making less than $13/hr. Management is Constantly shoving “patient satisfaction “ down employees throats with no regard to employee satisfaction. Well treated, appreciated employees make for a better patient experience. Everyone is replaceable and that is exactly how they make everyone feel. Overall decent job but poor management.
Pros
Decent hours, benefits.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Great place
Engineering Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2019
I would recommend LMC to anyone who desires to work at the hospital. Great atmosphere. Good people. Never a full moment. Always expanding. People are willing to healp each other.
Good start for new medical assistant
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 22, 2019
I worked with the pool at LMC. I was placed at one location ( not picked ) . Had a very demanding floor manager who basically told me pick work or my family even though I was part time. Never really got the real experience I thought I was going to get. I did get to go to some other offices just to help with epic . The pool manager was very good at her job just did not work well for me due to her personal health I did not get help that I needed.
Pros
Training, meal tickets, movie tickets, discounts
Cons
Not a family friendly work life ( mom of two )
Stable
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 20, 2019
Busy, great benefits, low salary. Very customer service oriented and great at it. Good place to work but the salary isn't enough to live on for most administrative employees.
Great benefits
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 19, 2019
I worked here for a little over 9-10 months as a phlebotomist. The equipment at the time was outdated, the workload on a shift for the entire hospital was exhausting and the staff was always short. The management had their favorites and went after people they didn’t like. Overall, the job was okay and I would recommend only if you stay to yourself.
Pros
Great benefits, meeting new people
Cons
Bad pay, management favorites, little to no break, stressful
work overview
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 9, 2019
Great place for overtime and flexible hours. Meet some greet people from different cultures. Benefits at this hospital are pretty good. I gained a lot of experience working at this facility.
The place to be
Clinical Mentor (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2019
From the time I entered the door until the time the interviewing manager escorted me out, I felt welcome. Everyone had a smiling face. Coming from a larger organization to LMC, was an easy transition. Feeling welcomed and embraced is essential to a good work environment.
Pros
Pay, attitudes
Cons
More food variety
billing
Medical Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2019
The start of your day

Most coders start their day by sitting down at their desks and logging into the software system to see what tasks have arrived overnight. You will have a list of charts that you need to review. The charts will show diagnoses that have been made and procedures that have been performed. It will be your job to assign codes to the diagnoses and procedures.
Great Place to Work
Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2019
Great work environment from floor to floor. Genuine and caring staff from the admission to discharge and everything in between. Encouraged and supported employees to further education offering educational classes and tuition reimbursement.
productive
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 3, 2019
It was a decent job, just didnt pay enough for an adult to live off of. other than that I enjoyed it. I have surely worked worse jobs in my life time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Enjoyed working with coworkers
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2019
Learned a new computer system. I enjoyed the work I done. Other staff members were helpful. Working at a family practice is a very busy, which I didn’t mind staying busy.
Pros
Had a half day each week
Cons
Pay, days off
LMC ovarall is a great place to work.
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Current Employee) –  The Columbia Medical GroupJanuary 24, 2019
I have nothing bad to say about LMC. I have had experience on both ends; as a patient and as an employee. All of my current physicians are with LMC. The only thing i can say about LMC thats not so lovely is the starting pay. I think it should be more.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of amazing people
Cons
The starting pay isn't great for RMA's straight out of school
Good place to work as a nurse
Registered Nurse - Chapin Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Chapin, SCJanuary 18, 2019
I worked here while attending school to further my degree. They were flexible with my schedule and I was able to work when it worked best for me and my school work.
Productive place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 15, 2019
A typical day would be busy depending on where tou were assigned to.There was room for advancement but the hardest part of my joy was not having enough help.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Not enough people working the halls 1/22 ratio
Great place to work!! I'm just looking for a remote position
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCDecember 27, 2018
I have been working for LMC for over 16 years an for the last year I have been coming in to the office every day. I'm looking to go back to remote coding.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not a remote coding position for physician practices.
it is a past pace workplace
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2018
a fun place to work, can learn different ways to cook, having fun working with employees, if there are many patients, the kitchen is so busy. and employees are hard to deal with sometimes.
Patient care technician
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2018
Assist physicians and nurses to provide medical care in an emergency room setting. Occasionally required to perform administrative duties and complete supply requisitions.
Best hospital in midlands
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2018
Place is wonderful. They are always adding on and doing the best they can to provide the most efficient and supportive care. From the physicians, to the nursing staff, to all the volunteers, it is truly a team environment!
Pros
Staff, food.
Cons
Not many to list
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 24, 2018
Started off as a tech while in Nursing school and transitioned to the floor as a nurse. I work at night - which can be stressful, but the folks I work with are phenomenal! I have learned even more since graduating from my amazing co-workers.
Compared to other hospitals, we have good technology, use EPIC, and have pretty good support. I would say that the pay needs a HUGE upgrade considering the complexity of the patients and the patient load. (6:1) It's also nice that the cafe is open to night shift employees.
I find that the most enjoyable part of the job is just what I do on a day to day basis - interact and care for patients and their families and have a wonderful time learning from my co-workers. My manager is ok. She's very numbers driven and sometimes I think she forgets what it's like to actually work on the floor. She also tends to overlook night shift when having special events and parties.
Pros
Great co-workers, opportunities to learn, challenges
Cons
sometimes no break. Management sometimes forgets night shift exists

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight