Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun Working Place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2018
Lexington Medical Center helps you grow as well is a fun work place. Great opportunities to advance. Also good tuition assistance for going to school.
Productive work environment
Adult Staff Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 13, 2018
Lexington Medical center has been a productive and reliable place to work. I have had no major issues while working here. The staff are easy to get along with.
Job was productive, learning environment.
Associate Chaplain (PRN) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 31, 2018
A typical work day consisted of visiting with patient as requested. reporting to emergency situation to assist families while under stressful events .
During this time with this company I learned a great deal concerning people in stressful situations. I also learned how to manage my time at work and time to provided time for myself. The work place culture was very supportive.
The hardest part of this job was not getting to evolved with the patient and their families during the time of providing support.
Love lmc
RN (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2018
I've worked at LMC for over 6 years and I've enjoyed most of that time. Like every other hospital system, it has it's own quirks and culture and you learn to adapt.
Overall, a great place to start professionally.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2018
I started PRN in the resource pool (which wasnt so great of an experience at first) then became full time shortly after that in another Dept. I was later promoted to Admin Assistant II after staying Full time for almost 2 years. I love working for Lexington Medical Center. They have given me endless opportunities in a very short amount of time. If you stay persistent, you can move up quickly. Most Co workers are pleasant; while you will still have some that are not.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours, work life balance
Cons
Traffic, parking, raises
Great place to work. Fast pace friendly environment.
SP&P TECH III & MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LaboratoryOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work. Very fast pace and an excellent work team. You were busy all day but we all worked together and that made your day easy. This is an awesome team. We were just like family.
Cut Throat Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2018
Cut throat atmosphere. No room to change shifts. Management not helpful in Employee Requests to move around within Company even after 8 years of service with Hospital.
great boss and co workers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Lexington, it was just a long drive from my home so I needed something closer. My one complaint is that there wasn't really enough work to keep me busy most of the time and the job I had tied me to my desk to take incoming calls so it was tiring to sit there all day.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
to slow paced for me
productive, good work atomsphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West, TXOctober 10, 2018
The company hired a lot of their relatives from the office job area's and it didn't matter that they could not do the job as long as they provided a position for them. The manager wanted to micro manage everyone as if the job position was not filled with qualified employees doing the job
Pros
benefits, great work relationship between the employees and supevisors
Cons
paying men more than women with same job experience, schooling and years on the job
Excellent Hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 26, 2018
I received excellent training, made wonderful and supportive friends. Never worried about handling situations by myself, always had a point person to go to. Small hospital with a large amount of friendly employees and support resources throughout.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, excellent training, excellent working environment.

Want to know more about Lexington Medical Center?

Ask a question
Overall, a good place to work.
Nurse Technician II, Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Lexington Medical Center is a good place to work. Coworkers are great. Most of the physicians are personable. As in most places of work, there is favoritism and cliques, which I do not care for. Other than that, it’s a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits, friendly environment.
Cons
Favoritism and cliques in certain departments.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked for the company for many years. I have no complaints. Flexible schedule mostly. Team work and friendly environment. Opportunity given to advance in your career as well.
Job
Phlebotomist/Inpatient (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2018
the people there are good people to work with they will help you out a lot if you need it. I do like working for them and I would love to go back if they can give me a higher pay.
Very nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2018
The atmosphere in working there is one of family. No one seems more important then the other. You can be housekeeping sitting at lunch with a Provider. Everyone is there to help everyone else. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
fun friendly special events throughout the year
Cons
Great for the person who enjoys challenge.
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2018
This was a temporary job that I took to make extra money. I was trained with on-the-job training and learned Lots during my tenure there.
It was a very fast-paced and sometimes stressful job, oftentimes there was lots and lots of stress and tension between employees due to the nature of the job.
Good organization
FINANCIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Enjoyed working in the different areas over 30 years. Started part time ,moved to full time in Collections. Worked as a Financial Counselor before promoted as supervisor of that dept.
Nurse Tech II (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2018
This is a good place to work. My Manger is always willing to work with you, and listen and address any issues are complaints are concerns you may have.
This wasn't a job but a joy.
Doula, CD(DONA) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2018
This was an on-call position. If you are called in for a mother in labor, you would be with the laboring mother as her coach until after the birth of the baby. It could be a short or long labor. It is a wonderfully rewarding position to have. I loved working with the Doctors and nurses and other Doulas. Hardest part was leaving. Best part is seeing a new family come together in such an incredible miracle.
Pros
Meeting new families and working with a wonderful staff.
Cons
Long, exhausting hours and muscle aches from coaching/assiting in labor.
Friendly Staff
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day at Lexington Medical Center would be easy going. I worked 2nd shift so we would have one lunch rush at around 12-1:30. My job at Lexington Medical was never really stressful. I built a lot of great relationships with my co-workers and other staff throughout the hospital. My manager was helpful, always nice, and very caring. I would say the hardest part of the job would be havimg an unsatisfied customer and not being able to make things right with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around so many loving and cheerful people each and every day.
Pros
Try new foods
Work
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 10, 2018
In the emergency room checking patients in so they can get seen by a doctor and also make sure that patients get back to their room to be seen. Greeting patients and making sure they get what they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight