Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2018
The atmosphere in working there is one of family. No one seems more important then the other. You can be housekeeping sitting at lunch with a Provider. Everyone is there to help everyone else. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
fun friendly special events throughout the year
Cons
Great for the person who enjoys challenge.
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2018
This was a temporary job that I took to make extra money. I was trained with on-the-job training and learned Lots during my tenure there.
It was a very fast-paced and sometimes stressful job, oftentimes there was lots and lots of stress and tension between employees due to the nature of the job.
Good organization
FINANCIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Enjoyed working in the different areas over 30 years. Started part time ,moved to full time in Collections. Worked as a Financial Counselor before promoted as supervisor of that dept.
Nurse Tech II (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2018
This is a good place to work. My Manger is always willing to work with you, and listen and address any issues are complaints are concerns you may have.
This wasn't a job but a joy.
Doula, CD(DONA) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2018
This was an on-call position. If you are called in for a mother in labor, you would be with the laboring mother as her coach until after the birth of the baby. It could be a short or long labor. It is a wonderfully rewarding position to have. I loved working with the Doctors and nurses and other Doulas. Hardest part was leaving. Best part is seeing a new family come together in such an incredible miracle.
Pros
Meeting new families and working with a wonderful staff.
Cons
Long, exhausting hours and muscle aches from coaching/assiting in labor.
Friendly Staff
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day at Lexington Medical Center would be easy going. I worked 2nd shift so we would have one lunch rush at around 12-1:30. My job at Lexington Medical was never really stressful. I built a lot of great relationships with my co-workers and other staff throughout the hospital. My manager was helpful, always nice, and very caring. I would say the hardest part of the job would be havimg an unsatisfied customer and not being able to make things right with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around so many loving and cheerful people each and every day.
Pros
Try new foods
Work
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 10, 2018
In the emergency room checking patients in so they can get seen by a doctor and also make sure that patients get back to their room to be seen. Greeting patients and making sure they get what they need.
Nice place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at LMC. Great pay, nice staff, good benefits, great place to work. Match 401 k, they offer life insurance. Very fast paced working environment but condusive to learning. Time management was hard to maintain bc of patients locations.
Pros
Good hours other employees friendly good pay
Cons
horrible parking, fast paced
fun place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 27, 2018
I have been at LMC for 9 years and I really enjoy it. I am looking to increase my income due to being a single mother with three children.The atmophere is good and everyone I work with is fantastic.
great place to work
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Lexingting SCJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work for growth family atmosphere supervisors great leadership very informative and direct with great benefits and growth from within the company
Pros
lunch and friends
Cons
trvel distance

Want to know more about Lexington Medical Center?

Ask a question
Enjoyable
Patient Care Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy going to work most days, I like the people and management. Team work . Hardest part of the job is losing patients, death.Sometimes its busy and sometimes its laid back
Fun place to work
Employee Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Enjoyed my time at this hospital. The employees were my favorite part. So many great people that work there. They also offer great benefits. Extensive health and wellness program.
The work was productive
Associate Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
Working at Lexington Medical center was rewarding. as typical day at work consisted of providing spiritual presence and patient and family support when requested.
Through this position I learned what an Chaplain was and how to operated in the field of Chaplaincy.
Nice company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 9, 2018
I have throughorly enjoyed working for Lexington. My management team is always willing to help and listen to my ideas. They strive for patient care each day.
Wonderful company, work environment and employees
RN (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 27, 2018
Wonderful company, work environment and co-employees. 12 hour shifts worked in close proximity to fellow employees and physicians. Wonderful working relationships between all departments.
hard work. Follow all rules.
Manager of Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  2720 Sunset Blvd. West Columbia, SC 29169June 18, 2018
Long days. Short staffed. No support from higher up(VP). Having to work all positions in addition to having to do my own duties daily. This does not allow you do complete your job to the full capacity. Overall good culture but no follow through of support for discipline of employees. Best part was working with many other departments and hands on with patients.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
unable to use my skills to the full capacity
Work place
Patient's status and reports to the appriotate RN (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 5, 2018
A typical work night at lmc, is very stressful,patien load(monitor to many pt to mt ratio 30 +) and management stress. Everyday you are intergated by the nurse manager. You are never told about the good job you perform, bad management run good employees away. Work place culture is bias/with race. To work 12hrs and watch critical ill pt up to 31 and get told I did not write in a book that I notified a nurse. Age discrimination and years of experience.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Poor mangement on direct unit of work
employees mean nothing
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 31, 2018
you are treated just as a body to fill a slot not a person; due to overstaffing you are not guaranteed your hours which leads to financial hardship. more budget oriented that patient care oriented
Lmc
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 28, 2018
Lexington Medical Center is a great place to work for. The organization prides itself on employee and patient satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is the amount of patients that need to be seen on a daily basis and the weekly call. The hours that are worked currently may range from 40-60 hours per week. The best part of the job Lexington Cardiology is the only Cardiovascular practice within the network and provides care to a vast range of population.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 25, 2018
My management was very good they listen to your concerns. If you needed help was always willing to help. Work hours were good. It was just hard to advance in certain areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight