Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work!! I'm just looking for a remote position
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCDecember 27, 2018
I have been working for LMC for over 16 years an for the last year I have been coming in to the office every day. I'm looking to go back to remote coding.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not a remote coding position for physician practices.
it is a past pace workplace
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2018
a fun place to work, can learn different ways to cook, having fun working with employees, if there are many patients, the kitchen is so busy. and employees are hard to deal with sometimes.
Patient care technician
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2018
Assist physicians and nurses to provide medical care in an emergency room setting. Occasionally required to perform administrative duties and complete supply requisitions.
Best hospital in midlands
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2018
Place is wonderful. They are always adding on and doing the best they can to provide the most efficient and supportive care. From the physicians, to the nursing staff, to all the volunteers, it is truly a team environment!
Pros
Staff, food.
Cons
Not many to list
Great place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 24, 2018
Started off as a tech while in Nursing school and transitioned to the floor as a nurse. I work at night - which can be stressful, but the folks I work with are phenomenal! I have learned even more since graduating from my amazing co-workers.
Compared to other hospitals, we have good technology, use EPIC, and have pretty good support. I would say that the pay needs a HUGE upgrade considering the complexity of the patients and the patient load. (6:1) It's also nice that the cafe is open to night shift employees.
I find that the most enjoyable part of the job is just what I do on a day to day basis - interact and care for patients and their families and have a wonderful time learning from my co-workers. My manager is ok. She's very numbers driven and sometimes I think she forgets what it's like to actually work on the floor. She also tends to overlook night shift when having special events and parties.
Pros
Great co-workers, opportunities to learn, challenges
Cons
sometimes no break. Management sometimes forgets night shift exists
typical work day at Lexington Medical Center
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2018
Greeted with a Hello with everyone you meet, I learned that being at a hospital that not everyone may not be feeling like so much conversation, just maybe a ear to listen, The most enjoyable part of the job is the difference of the people you meet on a day to day basic
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Parking
Fun Working Place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2018
Lexington Medical Center helps you grow as well is a fun work place. Great opportunities to advance. Also good tuition assistance for going to school.
Productive work environment
Adult Staff Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 13, 2018
Lexington Medical center has been a productive and reliable place to work. I have had no major issues while working here. The staff are easy to get along with.
Job was productive, learning environment.
Associate Chaplain (PRN) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 31, 2018
A typical work day consisted of visiting with patient as requested. reporting to emergency situation to assist families while under stressful events .
During this time with this company I learned a great deal concerning people in stressful situations. I also learned how to manage my time at work and time to provided time for myself. The work place culture was very supportive.
The hardest part of this job was not getting to evolved with the patient and their families during the time of providing support.
Love lmc
RN (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2018
I've worked at LMC for over 6 years and I've enjoyed most of that time. Like every other hospital system, it has it's own quirks and culture and you learn to adapt.
Overall, a great place to start professionally.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2018
I started PRN in the resource pool (which wasnt so great of an experience at first) then became full time shortly after that in another Dept. I was later promoted to Admin Assistant II after staying Full time for almost 2 years. I love working for Lexington Medical Center. They have given me endless opportunities in a very short amount of time. If you stay persistent, you can move up quickly. Most Co workers are pleasant; while you will still have some that are not.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours, work life balance
Cons
Traffic, parking, raises
Great place to work. Fast pace friendly environment.
SP&P TECH III & MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LaboratoryOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work. Very fast pace and an excellent work team. You were busy all day but we all worked together and that made your day easy. This is an awesome team. We were just like family.
Cut Throat Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2018
Cut throat atmosphere. No room to change shifts. Management not helpful in Employee Requests to move around within Company even after 8 years of service with Hospital.
great boss and co workers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Lexington, it was just a long drive from my home so I needed something closer. My one complaint is that there wasn't really enough work to keep me busy most of the time and the job I had tied me to my desk to take incoming calls so it was tiring to sit there all day.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
to slow paced for me
productive, good work atomsphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West, TXOctober 10, 2018
The company hired a lot of their relatives from the office job area's and it didn't matter that they could not do the job as long as they provided a position for them. The manager wanted to micro manage everyone as if the job position was not filled with qualified employees doing the job
Pros
benefits, great work relationship between the employees and supevisors
Cons
paying men more than women with same job experience, schooling and years on the job
Excellent Hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 26, 2018
I received excellent training, made wonderful and supportive friends. Never worried about handling situations by myself, always had a point person to go to. Small hospital with a large amount of friendly employees and support resources throughout.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, excellent training, excellent working environment.
Overall, a good place to work.
Nurse Technician II, Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Lexington Medical Center is a good place to work. Coworkers are great. Most of the physicians are personable. As in most places of work, there is favoritism and cliques, which I do not care for. Other than that, it’s a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits, friendly environment.
Cons
Favoritism and cliques in certain departments.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked for the company for many years. I have no complaints. Flexible schedule mostly. Team work and friendly environment. Opportunity given to advance in your career as well.
Job
Phlebotomist/Inpatient (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2018
the people there are good people to work with they will help you out a lot if you need it. I do like working for them and I would love to go back if they can give me a higher pay.
Very nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2018
The atmosphere in working there is one of family. No one seems more important then the other. You can be housekeeping sitting at lunch with a Provider. Everyone is there to help everyone else. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
fun friendly special events throughout the year
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight