Lexington Medical Center logo

Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Lexington Medical Center insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

The office I worked at was bad

I was very disappointed with my experience there. People I worked with where backstabbing. Office Manager would lie in your face and talk behind your back.

It was a pretty decent place to work.

It was a pretty good place to work. Just be prepared for your typical healthcare problems. Low staffing, and interesting patients. It kind of goes without saying though.

Pros

good pay

Cons

free time

Excellent

Excellent place to work for! I loved it raises every year and you felt appreciated. Always fun activities going on with management for employees which made a difference.

Productive and sincere about helping

Good people to work with and for. Everybody is customer oriented and care about the patients' well being. Can be a bit stressful at times due to volume of work, but other times are more relaxed.

A great company but a difficult job

I feel overwhelmed by everything that has been thrown at me in addition to learning a new system (EPIC), the phone rings non-stop and it is difficult to find available appointments for patients sometimes that need to be seen right away. I would like it if I felt that I was providing good customer service but I have only been on the job for 3 weeks and I'm not there yet. I also have to work this thing called the Referral Queque which is very challenging in addition to checking patients in and out and making appointments. I also have to scan medical records which can be a large pile on some days. They did train me on the system for 3 days during orientation but it is still a daily chore to figure out on a daily basis. But maybe I am just not the right person for this position (Business Office Associate). I also have no benefits and low pay ($14 an hour) although they told me there is the possibility of getting a permanent job offer. I am currently putting in applications at other companies

Pros

Nice lunch room, get off at 12 noon on Fridays, nice co-workers

Cons

No health benefits, low pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Very friendly work environment

Working for LMC was a highlight of my working life. Very friendly staff. Employees and management take their jobs very seriously and believe they support and represent the Lexington community with pride.

Pros

Amazing work experience

Cons

Can sometimes be very chaotic/stressful

I learned a lot

Seniority, and old timers run the place. Safety was a big concern and standards of care. There was a new management company taking over, but offered a new job so I left.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Safety, staffing, care

Micromanaged and Bad Employee Culture

You are micromanaged to the point that the Department Manager calls you on your day off to ask questions. Constantly. The staff are quick to write you up for every little thing they think they see. Even if it isnt accurate, you will get a call on your day off to explain things that don’t even make sense. The staff gets meal tickets for every write up they submit during a certain month. Even if proven inaccurate.

Pros

State retirement

Cons

No lunch break, low pay, short staffed, bad management. Always left feeling defeated and totally stressed out.

Great job

Great job lots of perks and freedom. I loved my boss and the office I worked at. Job kept you busy. Manager worked with you so you could have life outside of work

Pros

Pto, fleixible, management

Cons

Pay

A place where people are proud to work. A place you feel you belong.

Lexington Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. Outstanding patient care is a common goal among all employees. Making healthcare the best it can be is in continuous motion at Lexington Medical Center. It’s a place where people are proud to work . A place you feel you belong. Not only as a patient but also as an employee your well-being is of top priority. Concerns can be expressed and are addressed professionally and appropriately. Lexington Medical Center truly wants their employees to thrive and feel part of a happy, healthy work environment. It doesn’t take one long to recognize a sense of family. This is a sincere description of my experience at Lexington Medical Center.

Jobs at Lexington Medical Center

See more jobs

Excellent Culture

Overall a great culture and place to work. Love that there are high service expectations. Very collaborative and innovative! LMC is the best place to work!

Great place to work!

Great company and good to employees. They throughly training the staff so you are comfortable when you're off orientation. Also, benefit are affordable.

Great Management

Support from management is good, pay is good. Great benefits and retirement . Campus is beautiful. The medical staff is very professional and the Physicians are some of the best in the Midlands

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

No paid holidays

Patient Focused and Service Oriented

LMC is mission and service oriented. The organization truly cares about patient’s health and well-being. It ensures excellent safety and compliance for employees and patients. Employees are allowed the freedom to operate independently without being micromanaged.

Pros

Patient, service and mission focused; great benefits; freedom to work independently without micromanagement

Cons

Senior leadership has evolved to a more data driven mindset, is far removed from daily off-site facility operations, needs to improve their understanding of boots on the ground employees, should implement an employee focused mission along with its patient focused mission

Nice people

Nice people to work with. Pay wasn’t great. Hours were good. Area was nice. Raises were poor. There was great teamwork. Benefits could be expensive.

Pros

People

Cons

Compensation

Rn

Love Lexington Medical Center as a whole. Still a newer nurse and looking to find where I belong long term. Hope that is within the walls of LMC somewhere.

Too Many Patients, but Great Workplace.

Unfortunately got used to having 18 patients as a technician. Made nights long and stressful, but charge/staff nurses very helpful and supportive! While I personally did not have any bad encounters with management, many other technicians did.

Upper management not trustworthy

Overall a good place to work. Awesome coworkers. Practice manager at the time was very easy going, she was not a micromanager. Pay wasn't the greatest but fair. Could be difficult at times with the load of patients and the wait times. I would still recommend Lexington Medical Center.

Great benefits and educational opportunities!

Although we are busy a lot, the place I work has been an incredible learning experience. I’ve learned more here than I did throughout my nursing school days. The staff here are all very friendly. Management will do everything in their power to help you.

I could not ask for more.

While I know my experience will be different from others in different departments, I cannot say enough good things about my leadership and the opportunities which have allowed for my professional growth.

Pros

Great people!

Cons

Can be rough for someone who is a straight talker to find footing in the southern culture.

Loved working here!

Lexington Medical is the BEST employer I’ve had in my career thus far. Work environment and culture is inspiring and positive. I would recommended this employer to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight