LEXINGTON SCHOOL Employee Reviews

enjoyable enviroment
JOB COACH/TEACHER ASSSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 29, 2017
I would highly recommend the Lexington School for the Deaf. The amazing things that modern technology has applied to the residents is mind blowing and so encouraging.
Pros
smiles
productive and fun place to work
High School Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
I was the strongest instructional assistants as able to multi-tasks in the classroom to help students one to one, and doing the office duty is the most challenge job. I have learned to interpretation skills to analyzes Deaf's needs before I translates to meet their needs. The workplace culture is full of diversity and most wonderful place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job to work with students.
Pros
working with students
Cons
short lunch time
Great environment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 11, 2016
This place is a great place to work. The people are great and the benefits and pay is great. All around wonderful place to work.
Deaf culture at school and most of Sign American Language.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYAugust 2, 2016
Over 10 years experience in receptionist and Administrative Assist. Reliable, motivated & goal / detail oriented, a lot of experience, enjoy team work , work fast and flexible. Organized & work well within team. Working knowledge of Microsoft software ( outlook, excel, and work) is required. must demonstrate professional social skills and proper etiquette, trustworthy and credible. must possess sense of ownership, maturity and health pride and willingness to work hard. I'm enjoyable to receptionist and administrative Assist.
Professional, supportive, and exciting place to work
5th Grade Social Studies and Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2015
Everything they say about The Lexington School in the top 20 Private School Review (TLS is #2) is true. It is an exciting place to work and it is a cutting edge school.

Team work is evident and strong, the curriculum is creative, students have a magnificent learning environment within which to thrive.
Pros
Integrity, trust, supportive administration, caring community.
Great Job
Cater Conferences for the Headmaster and staff (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the kids, they are all different. The hardest part is having no job for 3 months in the summer. My co-workers are great and my manager has taught me a lot.
some good teachers
Principal (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Committed teachers who are dedicated to the students, parents and community.
Pros
Working with staff
A wonderful environment to exercise my social skills and discover my talents being an educator
Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYAugust 1, 2012
The workplace is challenging at first, but after a while I discover how rewarding the experience could be. Since it's a small school compared to a mainstream school, I got to know my colleagues very well. I enjoy the rapport and bonding I had with everyone. Many times I play different roles to help the other staff. The environment is supportive and full of energy. People there make you feel at home and very much appreciated.
this is my first experince working for the deaf
Cook Assistant/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYApril 12, 2012
I had a lots working hard. I had a lots different food everydays
Pros
i had a free for lunch
Cons
they are very working hard
excellent school for the deaf and hard of hearing children, provides services at the clinic in school, measure and fit children with appropriate ampli
Student learning (Former Employee) –  the clinic is located in the schoolDecember 10, 2011
I worked at Lexington school for the Deaf and Hard of hearing, I learned a lot during my externship there do to the variety and the strong supervision from three audiologists at the school.
Pros
very efficient team of three audiologists
Cons
no physiological testing such as eng and abr