LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A large background screening operations center.
Operations Center Director (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 21, 2018
The 200 person center was well managed during my tenure. We had a number of challenging contracts handled by may team. I able to really dive into the P&L and identify savings that lowered our unit cost by 20+%.
Pros
Flexibility, direct VP managers were great to work with.
Cons
Very seasonal business for some of the larger customers.
dont work there.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
all these people care about is numbers. you don't meet their numbers, you are fired. they don't care about you as a person. they are like a sweat shop. half the time employees didn't take breaks so that they can meet numbers. or they would clock out and work off the clock to meet numbers. several employees would complain. only one manager in that whole place treated me like I was someone. even the top managers were cold to employees. you cant talk to anyone, unless it is about work, or you would get an nasty email from management,
Pros
you get to wear jeans to work.
Cons
where to i start...
A great place to work
Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
LexisNexis is a great place to work. Everyone is helpful and it boasts an employee orientated environment. You work hard and you see the results of your efforts. Recognition is given for a job well done and help is always a question away.
nothing to say
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I really don't have anything to say... I have been out of that position for 3 years so my comments would not be current and based on my personal experiences
Pros
The company has quite a few perks for employees
Cons
Very dificult to move from one department to another
New dream job
Copy/Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2018
I have always wanted to do forensic work, but this was the best job I've ever had. There was stress, of course, but manageable. I did not like seeing so many jobs outsourced though. A lot of good people lost their jobs.
LexisNexis is a greate company if one enjoys diversity and growth opportunities
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 10, 2018
When LN implemented Agile methodologies I was asked to become a scrum master when they noticed that my background include project management. My manager encouraged that there be open conversations between she and I.
Pros
Growth, transparancy
Cons
Moved to Raleigh NC which did not fit into my current life style
Used to be good
Software Quality Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 8, 2018
This used to be a really good place to work until senior management that was hired didn't want to move to headquarter location and they decided to move the company.
Slow paced, well defined roles, good training
Legislation/regulation specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 5, 2018
Slow paced, well defined roles, good training. Good people. Location is in mid-town Sacramento with onsite parking. Close to restaurants (if you can afford them).
Pros
Slow paced, well defined roles, good training
Cons
Wages
Great Place to Start Career
CS (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2018
LexisNexis is a great place to work. They have an excellent work/ life balance and provide opportunities for individual growth. Salaries are on the low end, but the trade off is in PTO and health benefits.
Pros
Pto, Healthcare, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Low Salaries
Unstable Environment
Campaign Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 16, 2018
We went through re-orgs on a nearly quarterly basis to account for diminishing revenue. Never really felt safe. From what I've heard since leaving, the layoffs don't happen as often, but they still happen.
Lexis was a good company to work for.
Administrative Support, Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
I supported and processed orders for 30 sales reps across the country. Everyone had a different personality, and I had to learn to work with each one differently. Each day was hectic, but that was the best part.
Professional and productive place to work that really valued their people and work/life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
In my ten years employed here, there was always someone that needed support. Sometimes it was as simple as a coffee run, and sometimes it was as complex as coordinating multi-country travel for non-us citizens all requiring travel documents and immunization records. One of the key take-aways I bring with me is the understanding that people may strive for recognition; but they thrive with encouragement. It's important to value the people we work with. I feel very fortunate to have worked for a company with a culture that understood that, for most of us, 9-5 doesn't always apply. We worked in the office, we worked from home, and most importantly, we got the job done. As an admin, the hardest part of my job is when something goes wrong, but I also like a good challenge; inversely, the best part is when everything goes perfectly.
Pros
I worked from home as much as I worked in the office
Cons
Technology doesn't always cooperate.
LexisNexis is customer first.
Large Legal Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2018
At LexisNexis there is a high level of client involvement, sometimes a stressful environment. The ability to work from a home office was a nice feature.
Long great experience.
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
I spent the first 1/2 of my career at Lexis and has helped form who I am today. I only left since being a remote employee limits your ability to grow.
Pros
Great peple and products.
Cons
Industry seems to have slowed down.
Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions
Senior Director, Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 5, 2018
This is a terrific, innovative and dynamic organization with a incredibly talented set of leaders and employees, ideas and technology. The truly attractive features besides real empowerment are an opportunity to do true R&D, have lots of empowerment in your day to day decision making and a very interesting set of business challenges to solve, every day.
Enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed flex time and working from home
Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with. Just no job security any more. Offshore jobs cutting employment. Thats the only thing that I did not enjoy about my job, and the workload that it would leave why fellow coworkers got laid off.
Pros
Flexible work schedule. Working from home. Decent pay.
Cons
No job security. Didn't value employees.
A great place for an autonomous self motivated employee
Legal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 4, 2018
The entire time I have worked for LexisNexis has been spent working remotely. I receive my assignments and projects via email and work from home. If I have questions or concerns I can use email or the phone. I would meet with my supervisor about once a month, but we would generally meet at different restaurants in downtown Charlottesville outside of working hours.
Review Working at Lexis Nexis
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJAugust 3, 2018
Nice Company to work for very structured lots of rules. There was not a lot of cooperation when it came to asking for help from different teams. Very hard to deal with uncooperative people..
Good company
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2018
Overall a good company to work for - lots of promotions from within, not a punch in / punch out work environment. Interesting projects unique to LexisNexis.
Very good place to work
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Management can be stodgy. Lots of process control & framework. Overall company culture is great. Pockets of poor management can be found which can affect performance, development and progression.
Pros
401K match

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight