LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Place To Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New JerseryJuly 18, 2018
I would make phone calls and personal visits to law firms. Prior to the call and or visits I would have extended knowledge about the firm. I would generally meet with the decision maker. In these meeting I would discover the needs of the firm, then sell and promote LexixNexis products. I would follow up with scheduled service and relationship building events. Weekly reports were then processed and forwarded to corporate management.
Pros
financial opportunity and the ability to become well vs in online programs and SEO
Cons
long daily commutes. Almost everyday was spent making ling drives to and from accounts
Marketers Beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
Poor marketing leadership has caused extremely high turnover and contentious relationships throughout the organization. Avoid the marketing department. Sales, product and strategy are your best bet if you want to join this company.
Pros
Sales, product and strategy functions are well run.
Cons
The marketing function is poorly managed, and executives don't seem to care.
Has its Pros and Cons
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Overall the company is one that you want to work for because it does do something worthwhile. However at times it doesn't feel like everyone in the company is going in the same direction
Pros
Does something meaningful
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth
LexisNexis enjoyable environment
National Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2018
Many things have changed since departing this company but overall the company was a wonderful place to work and gave opportunities for promotion in multiple divisions.
Pros
great resources
Cons
seems to becoming more telephonic than field base sales
Horrible
Educational Consultant/ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
This is a specific company for specific people. If you are not a cog in their system, they will find a way to get you out. No teamwork, no loyalty, pure definition of "smile to your face, stab you in the back."
Good people; lack of job security
Consulting Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 4, 2018
This was once an awesome company to work for. Morale was high. Work was challenging. Teams had a lot of comradery. Frequent layoffs and movement of jobs to Raleigh, NC has gutted morale. It is still not a bad place to work but you're always anticipating the hammer falling on you.
Pros
People; flexible hours
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Can be a nice place to work but not enough advancement opportunities
Territory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 3, 2018
This company as a whole is a great place to work for but does not offer enough advancement opportunities. In the last 5 years, the department i worked in switched managers 3 times. They do not pay management enough for the amount of stress and tasks they perform. And unless you want to be a manager, there aren't enough roles for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good benefits
Cons
Strict attendance policy where you have to clock in/out for even your paid breaks
It’s ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912July 3, 2018
The work is okay but not paid enough to deal with the issues that arise and some supervisors are Not approachable, not too understanding, good shifts however not very understanding and if emergency comes up and you must leave it’s held agains person
Pros
Raffles
Cons
Short breaks and timed restroom breaks
Great place to work with the right manager
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 28, 2018
There are alot of great managers at Lexis. But there are also bad ones. Ask the right questions and make sure you are aligned with the manager style you are going into. There is alot of change coming to all segments of the business which means alot of people are losing their jobs. Be ready for change within your role. Ultimately though if you work hard and get a good manager, you will enjoy your time at Lexis.
Pros
be
Good Pay and Benefits
Sr. Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 27, 2018
Pay is great, benefits are great, work/life balance is great. The downside is outsourcing. They feel the need to hiring over seas because it's cheaper and then let go of US reps. Not cool!!!!!
Pros
Pay and work/life are great
Cons
Don't plan on staying long

Want to know more about LexisNexis?

Ask a question
Stressful fast paced environment, but definitely meaningful work.
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2018
During my time at the company, it really changed a lot from a simple 3 member team to more than 10 people on the team. We went from an all metal shop to a very healthy combined cloud (both onsite and hosted) and metal shop. We offered a plethora of services and as an engineer I got the opportunity to work with many technologies not just as a simple server administrator. Many of the people that worked there during my time were great people, easy to get along with. Pay may not have been the most competitive, but at least you had job security.
Pros
Worked with many technologies, grow your skillset, great people.
Cons
Not competitive compensation.
Good entry level job for Inside Sales
Marketing Specialist, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYJune 21, 2018
Good entry level job, not much room for advancement. Contracted through D2M Direct 2 Market. I did manage to get hired directly before program lost contract.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Pay was not competitive
Fun and flexible place to work
Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 15, 2018
The company overall is a good organization to work for however an employee advancement options could be limited. Therefore, be sure to self develop and express to management your drive for excellence and growth if you want to seek advancement.
Pros
Corporate Tickets to events NFL, Concerts, etc. Some work from home days
Cons
Leadership and politics
Good times with coworkers and managers
Facilities Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 13, 2018
I worked at LexisNexis full-time (More than 5 years) Good people but lots of churn during the restructure of the direction that they were going.

LexisNexis Group is a corporation providing computer-assisted legal research as well as business research and risk management services. During the 1970s, LexisNexis pioneered the electronic accessibility of legal and journalistic documents
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Has some ups and down but the company is professional
Used to be a great place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2018
Bad application to work on, unstable environments to deploy to. Bad management. Poisonous office politics run amok. Uninteresting projects to work on.
Pros
Subsidized sodas being only 10 cents
It was good exprerience
RELEASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 31, 2018
It was good exprerience ,met lot of good leaders , worked on lot of releases , supported about 500 releases per year , got familiar with dev-cert-production cycles of software
Productive and fun place to work!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 30, 2018
The WorldCompliance team has a driven operation mangaer who formulated a very talented team of Researchers and Developers that develop new ideas daily which helps the company stay competivite.
Pros
Fun, easy going, offers training
Cons
Part of a team, technical issues
Workplace Culture was very positive
Criminal Records Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 29, 2018
Great work culture which allows you to develop friendships with fellow employees. Often offered extra hours of compensation. My division relocated from Atlanta to Charlotte with literally no notice, or very little, as in 1-2 days!
Pros
Team Work Culture
Cons
raises were low
Account Care Customer Support, Miamisburg OH / Bad Management
Account Care / Senior Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 25, 2018
PROS: A nice view from my cube. There used to be a lot more Pros, but the current management has worked diligently to remove all of them. The job is just not ‘fun’ anymore. This position now involves doing the exact same thing day after day, week after week, month after month, etc. There is no longer any attempt by management to make the job more interesting by mixing things up with project work and refresher training.

CONS: Our schedule is micro-managed down to the last minute. We are not allowed to make any decisions regarding our schedule. Even going to the restroom outside of break or lunch is frowned upon. It is difficult to get any needed work related refresher training. This job is now reminiscent of being back in school where we needed a hall pass to leave the room! Of course this inappropriate treatment quickly leads to burnout and people leaving, and consequently the hiring of a replacement rep in the Philippines.....It is also apparent that management do have their ‘favorite’ employees who get time out of the phones to do project work, etc. ‘Non-favorite’ status means taking calls all day.....We never see management, they seem to spend all of their time in their offices manipulating numbers. They make us feel like datapoints on an Excel spreadsheet rather than human beings.....I recently discovered that they are not giving pay raises for employees at the top of their pay scale. This is the first time that this has happened. In the past these employees always got a lump sum payment. Apparently this is being done to ‘save’ money despite senior management stating
  more... that the company is doing great financially and also having received a windfall profit due to the recently passed tax laws.....The company recently introduced mandatory high deductible medical plans (unless you can somehow pay unaffordable premiums) with average deductibles around $4,000. This is like being given a pay cut of $4,000.....Management do not give us any time to catch up on email, etc before we start the day, even after being on vacation for a few weeks, so it is very possible that we start taking calls unprepared and give customers incorrect information (we are not allowed to check email at home nor before the start of our shift). I did discuss this with management to no effect. However, management often has email time scheduled on their calendars at the start of the day. Strange that they get it but we do not!.....Management tells us not to do ‘something’ and later we find that they are doing this same ‘something’ themselves.....Quality has been devalued over the years in favor of metrics like talk time and after call work. If a call taker is talking to a customer and has not completely resolved their issue but their allotted talk time has nearly gone, then they feel pressured to end the call as soon as possible even if the customer’s issue is not completely resolved. Crazy! Is this the best way to increase the NPS score for Lexis Advance? In the past call takers did not have this talk time restriction because quality used to be paramount. Management claim that they are just following other call center’s processes (they always quote ‘industry standards’). Why cannot LexisNexis set their own high ‘industry standard’ rather than always following the rest! Let’s get our competitors following us! This also applies to other things like benefits, etc.

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT: It is about time that the long time managers retire and give younger people a chance. There are many employees ready for these positions, but these long time managers are staying put and are stopping real progress being made. I would suggest that there be ‘term limits’ for managers. Otherwise they just settle into the routine and nothing changes.....There should be pay for performance. If somebody is at the top of their pay scale, and their PDP was good, then of course they should get a lump sum payment.....Help employees with their medical plan’s high deductibles beyond using the negligible tax savings from an HSA.....Stop blaming employees for management’s shortcomings. If management cannot staff the phones with enough Product Specialists nor give regular refresher training then management should be taking the blame for incorrectly entered problem reports, not call takers!....Stop offshoring our jobs. We have heard first hand how the LexisNexis campus in the Philippines is much better than ours. Also, their working/break facilities and team building activities are much better. Why cannot you improve our working/break facilities and team building? There was definitely no real teamwork on our team even though management keep on spinning the importance of it.....Management are primarily ‘people managers’. Rather than staying in their offices all day manipulating numbers they should get out and about, asking us how we are doing and what they can do to help. This should not be left to a thirty minute meeting once a month which may or may not take place.....When an employee has an important anniversary at LexisNexis please present the plaque during a team gathering rather than leaving it on the employee’s desk one morning. I have heard of this happening on more than one occasion and it leaves a very bad impression. Celebrating the individual should be a priority.
Collaborative and innovative culture
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 21, 2018
LexisNexis has provided a stable work environment for many years in the Dayton area. They have a respected presence within the community. LexisNexis offers career advancement and educational opportunities.
Pros
Global, diverse culture
Cons
Threat of offshoring jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss