LexisNexis Employee Reviews

nice location
contractor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 15, 2018
A typical day at work will be as usual solving issues thru emails and phone calls. However, since the teamwork is extremely low or non existent ...... sometimes, you ended up getting yourself frustrated and taking more time that you were supposed to take to solve an issue.
Pros
the hours of work were really great to me
Cons
the lack of growth within the company
Non Consistency
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2018
Always changing environments. Management changed too often and changed the culture and made it a difficult place to work.

The hardest hart of the job is when they had an expectation that meant you worked while on vacation and over holiday breaks. Work-to-life balance is a joke.
Best workplace ever
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 6, 2018
Company invest in employee
Great work culture
Opportunites available for advancement
Company Compensates/Appreciates for Hard Work
Flexible
Great place to work for someone that has or is beginning a family
LexisNexis use to be a great place to work
Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 28, 2018
LexisNexis recently moved its IT headquarters to Raleigh and in doing so, lost some really great talent. The expectation is that you are not a 40 hr/week resource.
Having a friend in management is the number one requirement
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 26, 2018
Overall, the only way to succeed is to make sure that you are a family member of management or friend. As a result, management and quality are the worst.
Pros
Jeans
Cons
Short breaks
Great culture, great experience!
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 24, 2018
Overall, a very great culture and experience. The company is very involved locally with giving back as well as promoting volunteer services for the employees.
Great Company
HR Senior Background Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 18, 2018
Love working for a great company. Offers great benefits, good team environment, discounted perks, PTO is wonderful, and opportunity to exited paid events; such as NBA, NFL, MLB games.
Great People, Wonderful Group Atmosphere
Research Attorney (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 13, 2018
A typical day was a typical day: the job is very predictable, even as it may vary from being extremely busy to extremely slow. There are relatively few periods where work tended to be between those two extremes.

I learned how to collaborate, to work as part of a team, which I sincerely enjoyed and am grateful for to this day. Management played a big role in that; I was fortunate to have managers who I greatly respected and who returned that respect to their employees.

The culture was relaxed; it felt, at times, a bit more like a college campus than a large corporation. I liked that aspect of the job. The hardest part for me, however was the sameness: every day was alike. There was little room for creativity or innovation on an individual level, and that is what was most difficult for me.

It was reassuring, however, to know that other employees, including management, were never far away. The group interaction, the communal atmosphere was something I've rarely experienced elsewhere and I wouldn't trade my experience there for the world.
Pros
Group Atmosphere, Friendly Co-Workers, Caring & Empathetic Management
Cons
Predictability
look else where
Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2018
The job does not pay a decent wage to live off of . Most of the people here still still with family or have roommates due to what we make is not enough to live off of. Management does not promote those whom qualify they only promote those whom they are friends with outside of work. One your benefits and medical has been taking out of your pay, you better have a backup plan.... because you are not going to have enough for your family
Management had favorites
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2018
If you weren't a star employee, you didn't get to take on good projects. Way too many chiefs (bosses) you had to deal with too much politics. Overall though, it wasn't a totally bad place to work. It had it's perks too
Pros
good pay
Cons
schedules and too many policies
Very Productive
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Although it was a summer internship, it was not only a good way to get your foot out of the door but also a great learning experience. I liked the people and the opportunities alike. The most important part of the internship is learning. It's the same also if you work there.
Overall
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2018
This is a great company to work for great benefits however the employee are underpaid. As a result , I’m seeking employment elsewhere. Very said about the separation
Pros
PTO off on every holiday
Cons
Under paid
Fun workplace, constant downsizing.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Fun workplace, constant downsizing. Management is hit or miss. Employees are willing to help and are friendly. I was able to work remotely with was a huge plus. I was given a company laptop and phone.
A large background screening operations center.
Operations Center Director (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 21, 2018
The 200 person center was well managed during my tenure. We had a number of challenging contracts handled by may team. I able to really dive into the P&L and identify savings that lowered our unit cost by 20+%.
Pros
Flexibility, direct VP managers were great to work with.
Cons
Very seasonal business for some of the larger customers.
dont work there.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
all these people care about is numbers. you don't meet their numbers, you are fired. they don't care about you as a person. they are like a sweat shop. half the time employees didn't take breaks so that they can meet numbers. or they would clock out and work off the clock to meet numbers. several employees would complain. only one manager in that whole place treated me like I was someone. even the top managers were cold to employees. you cant talk to anyone, unless it is about work, or you would get an nasty email from management,
Pros
you get to wear jeans to work.
Cons
where to i start...
A great place to work
Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
LexisNexis is a great place to work. Everyone is helpful and it boasts an employee orientated environment. You work hard and you see the results of your efforts. Recognition is given for a job well done and help is always a question away.
nothing to say
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I really don't have anything to say... I have been out of that position for 3 years so my comments would not be current and based on my personal experiences
Pros
The company has quite a few perks for employees
Cons
Very dificult to move from one department to another
New dream job
Copy/Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2018
I have always wanted to do forensic work, but this was the best job I've ever had. There was stress, of course, but manageable. I did not like seeing so many jobs outsourced though. A lot of good people lost their jobs.
LexisNexis is a greate company if one enjoys diversity and growth opportunities
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 10, 2018
When LN implemented Agile methodologies I was asked to become a scrum master when they noticed that my background include project management. My manager encouraged that there be open conversations between she and I.
Pros
Growth, transparancy
Cons
Moved to Raleigh NC which did not fit into my current life style
Used to be good
Software Quality Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 8, 2018
This used to be a really good place to work until senior management that was hired didn't want to move to headquarter location and they decided to move the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss