LF Stores Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  East Hampton, NYMarch 22, 2018
A typical day at work would start with us styling our outfits then going out to take pictures for our Instagram feed. Then we'd come back to the store and makes sure it's presentable for customers to come in. We'd take turns greeting and styling to ensure everyone had a chance to make a sale. Then after close we would fold down,clean, and write feedback while someone was counting the register. The hardest part of my work day was having to maintain a UPT of 3, which meant every transaction I made had to be a sale of at least 3 items. But this challenge went hand in hand with my favorite part of the job which is the styling. I learned so much from this job such as different ways to style, fabrics, merchandising, listening to conference calls. It was a great first look into my dream of having my own store. The only issue with management was the lack of having an in-store manager for the majority of my time being employed there.
Pros
30 min lunch, experience, conference calls, styling
Cons
lack of official manager
Fun productive work place, but stressful
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMarch 6, 2018
LF has amazing benefits, you get a great discount on the clothes. But, during the sale, you have no life. Always working overtime hours. The employees are cool and you will make friends.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Great Place of Work
Wardrobe Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2018
I worked at LF while attending UCLA. LF Stores was very understanding of my school schedule, and scheduled work accordingly. I met great people, loved my job duties, and would recommend LF as a place to work.
You better be hungry for it
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 4, 2018
If you aren't hungry to learn and to sell and to make connections with new faces on a daily basis and push yourself to do your best every week, then this is not the job for you.

If you need structure and well defined rules in the workplace, this is also not the place with you

If you have a short temper for difficult management and difficult clientele, you should definitely look elsewhere

If you want to throw yourself into chaos and see what you are capable of achieving by challenging yourself and stepping outside of your comfort zone, you will learn how to deal with difficult customers and develop impeccable client service skills. You will learn ALOT about the fashion industry from both management, product, and mostly coworkers and be able to style and connect with anyone who walks through your door. You will gain confidence and learn a lot about yourself, i promise that at least. Do not work here if you are not fashion minded and a self starter.

There are lots of opportunities for raises and benefit and promotions if you show them you're dedicated and believe in the product.

Discount is amazing and its a fun work environment as long as you are pulling your own weight on your team
Pros
Fashion Forward, Trend Setters, Discount is Amazing, Young environment
Cons
Competitive, Distant Management, Undertrained staff, Hours, Mandatory Meetings
Fun but Often Times Stressful Job
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTFebruary 1, 2018
While working at LF was a great experience, it is reasonable to say that it was a job which caused me a great deal of stress. The management team at the store, as well as at the company's headquarters, were often times disorganized. The only part which made the long hours and low pay worth it were the benefits that came with the job.
Pros
Discount, Co-workers, Costumers
Cons
Short or no breaks, low pay, long hours
Management-
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2018
With a 24 year old running the Dallas location, she has made poor judgement calls based on friendships alone. A manager should be able to separate the two.
Pros
accumulated paid time off
Cons
messy store, poor management.
Little support for career growth
Lead Stylist, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
This company is extremely hierarchical and does not allow for career growth past a certain (low) title. It has a lot of turnover because upper management is very hard to work under.
Only worked as a marketer for their sale for two months
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 12, 2017
I got paid in a $200 gift card, I was only fourteen. It was fun and relaxed, staff is extremely friendly always. All I had to do was pass out flyers around the town and let people know about their sale.
Pros
easy
Poor Management communication
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
The job is great for starting out in Los Angeles. You build strong relationships with the employees since you work full 9-10 hour shifts. There is poor communication with management.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor communication
Stressful and co worker drama
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2017
Depends on which location and depends on the management. The hours are too long and the system for sales doesn't make much sense. Too easy for co workers to slack off and management doesn't seem to mind.
Not favorable
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2017
Upper management is impossible to get a hold of for any reason. Get ready to live eat and breathe your job. If you intend on having a social life they will fire you.
Stressful Place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 26, 2017
After working my ideal retail job that has fast paced fashion and amazing trend setting styles I would say dont do it. The management is poor, the company is constantly in shambles and not only that but managers are rude.
Creative leading fashion
Northeast Regional Manager/ Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
This was a company that was a leader in the contemporary fashion world. It was very creative and had a lot of career advancements which was the most enjoyable part of the job
Unfair hours, Huge amounts of work and labor for minimum pay
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
Not an ideal work environment to say the least. Management is atrocious and unless you sacrifice your life to the company there is no way to move up. They market themselves as Stylists and there's an aspect of that but it's strong on selling. Only the top sellers will be promoted but most managers have been there for years so there is no room for movement. Manager gives them self nights and weekends off but will hardly allow any other off days even for an emergency.
Pros
Discount
Cons
short to no breaks, low pay, 12+ hour days, physical labor
good for temporary
Personal Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
lots of crazy hours, some crazy managers and some good ones like everywhere. owners expect you to have no life outside work. They also have very unattainable goals for stores
Pros
discount
Cons
short/no breaks, expected to work non stop
Fun workplace but very complex
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
This job consists of rules and steps in order to greet customers. One of the rules is to keep initating conversation even if the person doesn't want to talk at all. You also have to stay after work hours for meetings they have, which can go for whole night. This job is a job in which you need to invest your time in, other wise, you will be lost.
Pros
They pay for your hotel and ride to work at another locatio temporarily, hey also have challenges and who ever wins gets cash etc.
Cons
Short breaks, Rules
Extremely unprofessional
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 30, 2016
This place is run by crooks. They will promise you the world and the continue to deny their promises after your end has been kept. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
clothes
Cons
everything else
Family owned company with a strong sales culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTNovember 15, 2016
LF Stores is a spring board company for anyone who wants to get into the realm of contemporary sales culture. They are rooted in the values of building organic client relationships and leverage social media to create brand presence in all markets.
Horrible Employer
Corporate employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2016
This employer create emotional distress; severe long hours; Employees are not allowed to take a second break when they work beyond 12 hours shift. Severe favoritism. Family owned business owner and partners are rude and cruel. There is no job security. Abusive verbal communications by owner and partners. Severe turn overs. Meaningless Mondays meetings. No requests for time offs gets approved especially around holidays. The benefits are not good either. Only medical insurance half paid by the employer. Dental is paid by employees and nothing else. Old technology. Filthy furniture. If employees are sick in the corporate more than two days, they should expect to receive their termination paperwork.
Pros
Nothing that I can think and share.
Cons
Because of no management experience, they should close their doors
Not a stable job
Stylist and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2016
too many hours; were not allowed to work half shifts
no job stability