LG&E and KU Energy Employee Reviews

Hands-on engineering
Chemical Engineering Co-op III (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2018
LG&E is a workplace built on hard work ethic. LG&E strives to provide reliable energy to its customers while being conscious of their environmental responsibilities. The engineers often had to fix performance issues to either improve efficiency, remain environmentally compliant or to fix an emergency maintenance issue. LG&E realizes that the employees are their most valuable resource and provide adequate pay and advancement opportunities for all employees.
Pros
Hands-on work, everyday was a different project.
Cons
Dangerous environment if not careful
Chill
Accounting/Finance Intern IV (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2018
I worked as an intern in the company for 1.5 years. The management was great, very flexible and understanding. The work was interesting and my coworkers really cared about my development
Great job you work with the public
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
If you like working with the public this would be the job for anyone but you go in and out of people's houses and yards but you just have to watch out for dogs.
Pros
You get to talk to people
Cons
You will learn a lot.
layed back
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2016
LG&E was very layed back and everyone was very easy to get along with and I actually enjoyed my job everyday. You were always doing something new, never the same thing.
They care about their employees
Cash Controller / Customer Rep (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2016
This is a company that is very involved in the development or its employees. They take time and put resources into bettering staff and empower employees to make decisions and grow.
Great experience for a law student
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2016
LG&E and KU Energy has provided me with great experience as a law student that I will be able to utilize as my begin my career. The diversity of projects I have had the opportunity to work on has enabled me to become a very well rounded legal professional.
Wonderful company to work for.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2016
This company cares about its employees as much as it does the customers that it services which is a great deal. The most satisfying part of this job was providing relief or a solution to a customer in need.
Pros
Warm and inviting atmosphere, a company that truly cares!
Cons
Being called in during bad weather, although the company makes it fun!
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2015
very friendly and high standard . nice and experienced people to work with . give you a very good opportunity to learn and gain more knowledge from business perspective.
Stable Company
Senior Treasury Analyst - Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2013
Stable Company with great benefits.
One of the largest employers in the Louisville area.
Main headquarters are located in downtown Louisville (heart of city)

Want to know more about LG&E and KU Energy?

Ask a question