LG Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 353 reviews matching the search See all 1,774 reviews
Very nice place to work
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIDecember 4, 2018
We started on the ground floor of this Co. we have free health care, and good pay.

As long as the benefits and we get the raises that are appropriate, I'm good, and plan to stay.
Pros
free health care, good pay, on the ground floor of a great technology, close to home, new clean building
Cons
On the ground floor of technology, with the Growing Pains
Too much micro-management
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 3, 2018
Start early and download the route-list and schedule. Very bad routing for the projects and drive a lot in every direction possible. Complete at-least 8 calls and if you miss it gets added on the next day and cut your productivity. Employee is monitored from central control in Huntsville Alabama on the clock.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Remote management
Productive and fun working with L.G.
Electrical refrigeration supervisor technician (Former Employee) –  The Gambia West Africa .November 28, 2018
I gained lots of e experience working as a technician at L.G. They are an electronics giant and they offer technical training periodically which improves my technical skills as a technician
They believing conquering challenges and achieving goals. That's a fundamental of the company's rule in their advancement on technology. I benefited technically from them
Pros
Healthcare holidays
Cons
More work. Low salary.
Being middle of American and Korean culture is not conformable to work.
BILINGUAL TRANSLATOR LG ELECTRONICS (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 23, 2018
Friendly peoples all around and nice, however being a temporary worker they don't consider I am also a worker in LG. They were lacked to let workers in the factory or like me know. Therefore many confusion from time to time. I believe they will be getting better over the time since LG Electronic is just built and new. I learned many factory words that I never knew about it before and how the factory is operating. However, Two different cultures in one place can be many problems and need the patience to work with each other.
Pros
Lunch was free.
Cons
15 mins a break twice a day.
bad company
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ARNovember 15, 2018
please don't think to work there , the Korean culture is very tough and they consider staff as slaves and they treat them harsh you can lose your job anytime for any reason, not secured job environment of work
Fast paced
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 12, 2018
Lg is a great place to work. It is very fast paced so be ready to keep up. It offers many opportunities for growth and has great benefits. Go ahead and apply!
ok
Admin (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 9, 2018
You really have to learn the culture. You will grow immensely working there. It is very report heavy and headquarters makes mandates and even research is not considered once a decision is made.
Pros
free benefits
Nice
Senior Officer-II (Corporate Scheme Accounting) (Former Employee) –  DelhiNovember 8, 2018
Achievements
• Awarded ‘Best New Employee’ and ‘Best Functional Employee’
• Implemented integrated and Controlled Accounting Process for issuance of Zero Value products as Gift (NRGP Process)
• Imparted Training of Scheme Accounting module to 41 Branch Accountants of PAN India during New Accounting Software Implementation phase
Pros
+Learning
Cons
Work load
Best Part is the People
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 5, 2018
Co-workers were likely the best part of the job. Many times, one might feel overwhelmed with the complaints from customers, in this role, but there are always those around who can understand and provide support.
Buen trabajo
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2018
Es bien trabajo ay que trabajar 10 horas pero es buena la paga
Great company to work for.
Senior National Retail Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
I spent almost 8 years with LG Electronics and I can honestly say that it was the most satisfying tenure of my entire career. I would have relished the opportunity to retire there if not for the dissolution of the training department. I typically traveled all over the US market to perform large scale presentations on the companies products and how to differentiate and sell them. I became a master of my trade in my time with LG including a specialized aptitude in Power Point as well as all aspects within the Microsoft suite.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
None that I can think of.
Mission driven
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2018
Team oriented culture, very supportive. Open to honestly evaluating new go to market srtategies. Willing to rate and value voice of the customer data as an important decision driver.
Nice place to work
Customer Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 18, 2018
A place with good people, very fast paced place to work. People are very nice and helpful. Korean influence is very apparent but not a big issue.Would work there again if presented the opportunity
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership
They gave me a shot
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2018
What they were trying to do was very ambitious. They started strong but relised that they cant survive doing service like that. You work indepentally but they would over tax you with some calls.
Pros
wok from home
Cons
bad managment
Overall a great role and group but too slow to approve decisions and react
Director (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 8, 2018
Overall a great role and group but too slow to approve decisions and react. Lots of great opportunities and autonomy but the company wasn't committed to our group and the mission.
Lean, competitive organization that doesn't reward.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJSeptember 27, 2018
LG is a lean organization set in a competitive environment that doesn't reward, but you are guaranteed to learn A LOT. There is no shortage of work or assignments.
Stress Overload
Key Accounts Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2018
The compensation is not equal to the abuse taken from customer or the lack of security from management. HR is not supportive and managers have favorites that they look the other way for. The people are wonderful and it is a very family feeling environment! I think due to the need to support each other from a very unstable environment and job security. The environment is odd in that they claim to be EEO but only Koreans seem to get ahead. Whites are totally in the minority at LG. My advice is stay away far away!
Benefits
Cons
Short or no breaks. Manditory 30 OT daily due to 30 min lunches. Abusive management.
Great Benefits
Product Engineer, Commercial Air Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2018
LG is a great company with strong future. Pay is not quite high but benefits are really good which kind of cancels out the low pay. Work hours can go beyond regular hours when needed.
Horrible horrible HORRIBLE!!!!
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VASeptember 6, 2018
I was there for just about a year and in that time I put in more over time and I did when I was in the military. All of your performance and evals are done on a horrible metrics system. They will write you up for not making numbers that they decided that week or day or month... if you get hurt they will turn thier back on you.

During training myself and other techs were treated poorly by the overwhelming arrogance and ignorance this place displays.. which is surprising because its mostly a military town.

The pay is not worth the amount of paper work and follow ups you deal with. Not to mention the fact that clients can call your company phone anytime they want. The LG call center is in India and they are horrible too..

Bottom line is dont work here... unless you wanna have very little home and personal time.
I was asked many times to work on my day off to do parts or ect..

You will have on the average 4 refrigerators a day possibly full sealed system. Plus LG will add in mandatory work days when you are scheduled off.. they will also load you with 8-10 calls per day.

I would rather be caught on fire than work for them again.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Everything else
LG Electronics
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 21, 2018
Work with a great team at LG. The culture is looking to change into a more relaxed setting. Casual dress every day is a great perk. Management is good, give great direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at LG Electronics.

Powered by Comparably