LG Electronics
54Below average

LG Electronics Employee Reviews

United States590 reviews
Hard work great benefits
Field technicians required to work excessive overtime but the benefits are really awesome and started on day 1 at orientation. Time off is based on hours worked so you can rack up days off rather quickly. Management rotates so sometimes good sometimes bad.
Terrible work and safety culture
The medical benifits are the only good that can come from working at LG. It is a very sad place to work at. Advancement is impossible. During orientation you are told during your tenure you would have increases in your pay, well that does not happen. Schedules change with the tide. If your needing something short term, sure, give it a few months, but dont expect to be happy or advance anywhere in this company
Ok place
Inhumane work environment for operators. Not treated with any form of respect. We are overworked to the core. Work environment is not safe either and that is wrong.
Market-conscious
committed and innovative in customer service.
wise and agile in supply chain and store inventory management.

friendly work environment with flexible working hours
best place ever
Everything is very enjoyable even the hardest part of the job...learning in LG in endless and very enjoyable..always had the feeling that LG success like my success....
sarang ayo LG
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Poor company to work for
They don’t care about associates work too many hours dies not offer raises and no room for advancement or growth management is horrible rude and unconcerned the employees are not they’re first priority the pay rate is way too low for all that they expect you to do in a days time the supervisors and leads gossip and are very rude
Fired so LG can hired people 10 dollars less a hour
i was fired for becuase i was one of the higher paid guys. Koreans treat americans bad, in PM maintenance dept they wont even buy us rags to clean up any mess. Supervision and MANAGERs dont have a clue how to run a dept. They bring in Koreans to replace americans
Pros
insurance was great
Cons
Koreans wont work with americans, or learn how things Should work in America. So they fire anyone who isnt a butt kisser
horrible work envirnoment
Place discriminates against Americans, 15 people fired for poor job performance even though they had always gotten a good evaluations, now their jobs are going to Koreans, who are not American citizens. No warning just fired, no not try to work here!!
Great if you dont work on the line
If you work on the production/line side of lg it. Is horrible mangemnt doest know what's going on 70% of the time and when you ask a question you are ignored , you also have to use the HR for a different state because the one at the factory is not adiquite . now if you need the money its a good job pays well but at the cost of your body and sanity eventually you will hurt your hands ect. Factory suck imo.

Horrible
All meetings were in Korean, management bickered all the time and undermined . Poor standards for quality very high Scrap rate. Wasted materials,..complacent about the environmental impact.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LG Electronics?
Learning
Ability to learn new things. Ability to become more self disciplined. Ability to to become more detail oriented. Ability to interact with different culture. Ability to decide if work life is more important than family life.
This is the absolute worst place to work around here.
I have never been so disrespected. They absolutely hate American people period. They lied to me in my interview. They took pay for weekends away. I never got the shift they told me about
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
They will write you up until they fire you
Preventative Maintenance department was a joke.
They lied in the orientation. They told us we would get time and a half on
Saturday, and doubletime on Sunday. Maintenance does not get this because our schedule makes us work on those days. The minute you start working, you realize that you are second class. The American members of the PM dept. must stay on the floor at all times and keep everything running like an operator. The Korean members sleep, get hair cuts, play on the computers, and generally sit in the office all day for more money. We got barely any tools even though they said that they provided them. We didn't get hammers, ratchets for our sockets (which only went up to 13mm.), a multimeter, or needle nose pliers. They don't even supply gloves. We got standard drill and tap sets when everything in the plant was metric. There is no maintenance shop because they don't need one. You have to be trained to use a lift or forklift, but only operators get training on those. You can work on something electrical for about 15 minutes before a Korean tech will get off their butt to come out and jump it out (including safety circuits). You have 2 minute to clock in and get to your spot, 3 to get changed and get out. Everywhere an American maintenance tech goes, you will have Koreans taking pictures of you to send to your supervisor. If you fix something major, the Korean techs will come out and take selfies, then send it to management to tell them that they fixed it. A truly bad place to work. If anything is said about you, your boss will not back you up. You are left high and dry. 7 of us got taken into
 - more...
Unethical management team
Unethical management team that under appreciates their employees. There is a total disregard for fair employee treatment and the Management approaches their teams with Egregious criticism constantly.
this company has an employee feel undervalued and underappreciated.
Wrong place to work
The pay was good but management sucked. Folks would do wrong, knew they were wrong, pretended they were right, just to do wrong and management supported it.
No opportunity for advancement
The company's main priority is keeping workers employed and while that in itself is a lofty goal, there is a lot of dead wood at the company. Top executives are rotated every few years as is the corporate culture in Korea so there isn't much consistency over the years. If you don't mind having a new boss every 3-5 years, this might be a good fit for you.
Good
Good work environment and friendly atmosphere. Only issue was we didn’t have enough time or breaks because the break rooms were far away from the work area
Nothing But How the owners and the management team sucks and that they only care about their selves
I just don’t like the way they do business they don’t accommodate you for you livelihood nor care about your family all I’ve heard about in that plant is numbers not the people the hire who they know and who they are friends with the real workers don’t even get a chance a temp will get further than a fulltime employee
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
The whole dam job
Save yourself. Run
Worse job I’ve ever had. No real leadership or organizational structure. HR is a joke, especially the director. Not sure how he ever got a job. He can barely count to 10. He also makes up policies on the spot. Don’t ever get sick with the flu or need anytime off bc he’ll Fire you. And he doesn’t have the calls to actually do it so he has his team members do it. But he won’t fire you if he thinks you’re valuable or his favorite.
Extremely Toxic Work Environment with no support for Employees
I am honestly extremely torn up about coming to LG. At first it seemed like it was the perfect opportunity to expand my skills as an employee as well as the possibility to make it a career, but all that was shattered straight off within a month.

Extremely poor business practices and a very unforgiving and hostile management beat any hope and dreams out of the employees while at the same time taking away any life they may have away from work with long work hours and very little time off.

I know that if this continues the way they have been then this start up will eventually fail and shut down.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
EXTREMELY LIMITED time off, Low Wages, High Work Hours, no Management or HR Support
management favors the koreans more than americans
ten to twelve hours a day sometimes Saturday no time off to be with family when I started working there the plant was working twelve hour shifts and my wife threatened to divorce me because she never saw me. the point system is ridiculous take half a point to go to doctor cannot get sick at work and go home take another point an employee only can take 6 points and the company terminates that employee after the 6 points.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at LG Electronics.