LG Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 340 reviews matching the search See all 1,731 reviews
They gave me a shot
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2018
What they were trying to do was very ambitious. They started strong but relised that they cant survive doing service like that. You work indepentally but they would over tax you with some calls.
Pros
wok from home
Cons
bad managment
Overall a great role and group but too slow to approve decisions and react
Director (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 8, 2018
Overall a great role and group but too slow to approve decisions and react. Lots of great opportunities and autonomy but the company wasn't committed to our group and the mission.
Lean, competitive organization that doesn't reward.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJSeptember 27, 2018
LG is a lean organization set in a competitive environment that doesn't reward, but you are guaranteed to learn A LOT. There is no shortage of work or assignments.
Stress Overload
Key Accounts Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2018
The compensation is not equal to the abuse taken from customer or the lack of security from management. HR is not supportive and managers have favorites that they look the other way for. The people are wonderful and it is a very family feeling environment! I think due to the need to support each other from a very unstable environment and job security. The environment is odd in that they claim to be EEO but only Koreans seem to get ahead. Whites are totally in the minority at LG. My advice is stay away far away!
Benefits
Cons
Short or no breaks. Manditory 30 OT daily due to 30 min lunches. Abusive management.
Great Benefits
Product Engineer, Commercial Air Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2018
LG is a great company with strong future. Pay is not quite high but benefits are really good which kind of cancels out the low pay. Work hours can go beyond regular hours when needed.
Horrible horrible HORRIBLE!!!!
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VASeptember 6, 2018
I was there for just about a year and in that time I put in more over time and I did when I was in the military. All of your performance and evals are done on a horrible metrics system. They will write you up for not making numbers that they decided that week or day or month... if you get hurt they will turn thier back on you.

During training myself and other techs were treated poorly by the overwhelming arrogance and ignorance this place displays.. which is surprising because its mostly a military town.

The pay is not worth the amount of paper work and follow ups you deal with. Not to mention the fact that clients can call your company phone anytime they want. The LG call center is in India and they are horrible too..

Bottom line is dont work here... unless you wanna have very little home and personal time.
I was asked many times to work on my day off to do parts or ect..

You will have on the average 4 refrigerators a day possibly full sealed system. Plus LG will add in mandatory work days when you are scheduled off.. they will also load you with 8-10 calls per day.

I would rather be caught on fire than work for them again.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Everything else
LG Electronics
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 21, 2018
Work with a great team at LG. The culture is looking to change into a more relaxed setting. Casual dress every day is a great perk. Management is good, give great direction.
N/a
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 19, 2018
Great company to work for with awesome bonuses and Awesome managers and a team that is really there for you. Everyone is high energy and ready to work
LG, fun place to work, laid back, no over the shoulder
Customer Service Support/ Tech support (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2018
I knew when I started on this job in Feb 2000, that this would never be perm job. But it would be unlimted amount of years to work, if you wanted it. The job is an asian company, so you get to meet the korean tech and RD field engineers from all over the world to assistant them on making sure each cell phones are safe and sound and ready to be sold and bought.
Pros
You get to meet the koreans, and learn how cell phones are made from start to end
Cons
Its not a permanent job
Great Health Benefits - Poor work life balance and no long term career path
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 1, 2018
Meetings...meetings....and more meetings. Lack of support which leads to poor work life balance and lack of operational discipline at times. No autonomy for the US subsidiary from HQ so getting things done can take time
Pros
health benefits
Cons
lack of support for improved work life balance
N/a
Staffmark Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 27, 2018
It was a secure job I got my hours every week occasional raises friendly environment but the management needs to work on communication skills lots of heads butting when new rules came to effect.
Good place to start career with decent benefit
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2018
Demanding and fast moving environment with strong Korean culture. Good place to start career with decent benefit. Report, both regular and ad-hoc, requirements are overwhelming and demands strong analytical and presentation skill.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
work life balance
Great pay and benefits but the workload and stress is very high
Appliance, TV and Air Conditioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Great pay and benefits but the workload and stress is very high. Best health insurance I have ever seen or heard of and pay is very good. The workload and stress is very high though. Be prepared to work for every bit of that pay and benefits. If you can handle the high volume of work every day then the reward is good.
Pros
Health insurance is free
Cons
Replacing compressors every day
Started good in 2014, then STEADILY went downhill.
Inventory/Clamp Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJuly 14, 2018
I worked at the Roanoke, TX location for roughly a year and a half. The leadership is terrible. They are typical leadership who sit behind the desk all day and don't help out at all. Except for the normal 1 lead who shows outstanding commitment. The culture is mediocre at best, with it's few oddballs and a couple of really nice people. You can expect a typical work day to be different from the next. You never know when you will be working 12-14 hours until the day before. That is no exaggeration. And Saturdays will not be known until Friday. In fact, Some weeks, we would work 84 hours, because Sunday would be mandatory. Do yourself a favor and don't work here. Save your emotions, your family, and your sanity. Thanks for reading my review.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch
Cons
Poor management, read above statement.
Treat employees unfair
Executive Services (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 14, 2018
LG don't treat the workers fair. HR don't care about anyone but management. If you report anything on the your management to HR, they will go back and tell your manager and you will end up fired. If you're black, you will never move up with the company.
benefits
Cons
everything
forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2018
Hard working employee that will get the job done. They work from 8 hours to 14 hours. Sometimes it was last minute. We didn't have a set schedule but I must say I learn alot working there.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 5, 2018
Eager to lean new things and willing yo build as a team! Lg is a flexible job, you can grow in the company! Weekends were optional but you are allowed OT
Very productive
Quality Assurance (QA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2018
It was a lot of functioning very strict and it was LITTLE PAY and if we didn’t reach our goal we wouldn’t get our breaks. You definitely get your 40 hours PLUS
Productive and fun place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2018
Handled calls from customers regarding problems with their TV, VCR, or DVD players
Helped customers find repair centers in their area, helped them program their remote, or hook up their VCR to the TV, handled upset customer when their warranty ran out
Responsible for handling the really irate customers who had called the president’s office
In charge of sending out letters to customers regarding information about their Zenith or LG product
The hardest part of the job was not being able to send out a new product to someone with an expired warranty. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with people from all over the USA.
Pros
Office parties and free giveaways on office products
Cons
No in-house child care
Fun Day at LG
Executive Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 18, 2018
It was ok at LG. Some days would be rough, due to customers being irrate. Being in a management position sometimes the demand of getting things fixed was hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight