Play YouTube video button

LGI Homes Employee Reviews

Featured review
LGI Homes selected this as a representative review
The best company you'll work for!
Regional Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2018
My experience working for LGI Homes has exceeded my expectations. I have never felt more confident that I am working for an organization that practices what is preached -- and that what is preached (and practiced) are the right things. We have 6 Core Values that are lived out by everyone I have come in contact with, especially upper management: Exceptional Customer Service, Integrity, Ethical Behavior, Loyalty, Efficient Use of Time and Resources, and Profitability. The culture of LGI Homes is extremely positive, focused on growth and excellence, and is highly relational. I love that LGI is both people-focused and systems-based. Our focus on people (from customers who walk in the door to fellow employees) makes this job fun and enjoyable, and our system for success gives everyone a clear path to run on. With amazing people and culture, a track to run on, and incredible success in the industry, there isn't another team I'd rather be a part of.
Pros
Amazing Culture, Systems-Based Company, People Focused, Successful, Rewards Hard Work
Great company. Best career decision I have ever made
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WAFebruary 8, 2019
From the day I started working for LGI I haven't looked back. I have told everybody I know about this company and what I do. This company by far has the best company culture of any job that I have ever had. It feels like a family. I have support from my manager all the way up to the Executive level. LGI has great compensation and really knows how to take care of everybody in the company. Joining this company is one of the smartest decisions that I have ever made. If you are reading this then you are probably thinking about joining us. Do not take another second to think about it. Dive in and join us. You will not regret it.
LGI Homes is an excellent place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
LGI Homes is an excellent company to work for. They have an incredible culture that is actually followed, they are systems based company so everything is very consistent, there are plenty of training opportunities to constantly better yourself and the company as a whole, as well as amazing work place benefits and a great work/life balance. If you want to work for a company who treats their employees great and for a company who believes in goals and helping their employees acheive them this is the company for you!
Culture is what Counts
Corporate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 5, 2018
LGI has found a way to make every employee feel great about going to work every day based off its culture. Starting from the top with our leadership and down, everyone practices the "LGI Culture". It entails being "People focused", a strive in "Constant and never ending improvement", as well as hardline in being a "Systems Based Company." We are self-managed and run the business straight from a manual.

No day is ever the same, the hours are long, which makes sense for such a fast pace environment and endless growth. However, The award is the advantage of all the company benefits which include:

1. Health Care
2. Life Insurance
3. Paid Time Off
4. Yearly Bonus
5. Stock Options
6. 401k
7. Discounts

Looking forward to expanding my career with this company and ultimately retiring with LGI.
Pros
Constant Training, Goal Sessions with Management, Growth Opportunities, Benefits
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Official response from LGI Homes
January 28, 2019

Thank you for your great review! We agree - our culture is not just a board that hangs in all of our offices nationwide, but something that you can actually feel and is lived out each day. It will take hard work, but we are excited to have you on the journey as we work towards becoming a Top 5 Builder. Thank you for all that you do!

Do yourself a favor and apply with LGI
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  COFebruary 8, 2019
It’s a week to week business - One week can be great, the next can be crap. I’ve learned that patience, persistence and positive attitudes are key to success. From my perspective, management is top notch. They’ll write books about the company culture - very people focused. Hardest part can be the long hours and a very emotional business. Best part is compensation, positive colleagues and the feeling that I’m working for an amazing company that is truly changing lives.
Best career decision I’ve ever made!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NMFebruary 8, 2019
Best career decision I’ve ever made! Positive environment everyday, I work with the best team members and management, compensation is beyond compare, PAID vacations for sales reps, leads from multiple quality sources, and leadership who truly appreciates each and every employee!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  AZFebruary 8, 2019
My wife and i are so greatfull to work for the best company in the US. The only company in my career that care so much about their employees, top health benefits, 401K, Stock and career opportunity. I also believe the company that do Goals every month with their employees for success that what makes LGI Homes the best company to work for!
Sales Manager
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 8, 2019
LGI Homes is an amazing place to work if you like structure, opportunity, support from all levels of management, and high compensation. The hours can be long, but the overall rewards through happy homeowners and the LGI Culture make it worth every minute. I am proud and excited to be part of the LGI Family.
LGI has changed my life forever.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
If you are motivated, the sky is the limit. Amazing culture and a great purpose. You will work - if weekends and long days scare you, do not apply. But if you like the idea of amazing compensation (250k+ is easily attainable) and phenomenal recognition, this is the place for you.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
LGI Homes is hands down the best company I have ever worked for! The compensation is amazing and has allowed my family to acheive things we never thought possible. The environment here makes you excited to show up to work every single day and continue to give your best. All hardwork is acknowledged and rewarded.
I Love LGI Homes
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
I became a LGI Employee 6 months after I closed on a home at Luckey Ranch. I’ve been here going on five years in Oct and my wife and I love it here! The benefits are amazing, the culture is upbeat and the leadership is above reproach! I will retire here!
Great company.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GAFebruary 8, 2019
LGI is a great company to work at benefits great Room for advancement looking forward to a great future with LG I accomplishing our goals together I'm thankful and grateful
Best Decision of my Life!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
Working for LGI Homes and being around high caliber people has taken my career to the next level. I am set up for success and absolutely enjoy working at LGI Homes. BEST decision of my life! My work day consists of managing high performing construction managers day to day. It is we, us, together and there is no better management team than OURS! Our culture is what drives our results and successes and we carry out each point of the culture like a charging RHINO. That's who we are! The hardest part of the job is charging through daily challenges and obstacles that have to be overcome. The best part of the job is knowing that you have support from your manager when failures(training opportunities) occur and the feeling of excitement and purpose when you reap the rewards of success.
Brett Portillo
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
The best part of the job is recognition and compensation. We also take time to train each and every week to constantly improve our business. And have a culture that is second to none.
Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  COFebruary 8, 2019
Great culture, great leadership, great benefits and great pay! This is a company that cares about its employees and we do monthly goals to focus on both business and personal development!
Vice President of Business Development (Current Employee) –  WAFebruary 8, 2019
Great place to work. Best in class financial results. Top rate leadership team. The only homebuilder in the industry that truly sells the home and all the benefits. Great recognition for employees who earn it - its a meritocracy.
Smoke and mirrors
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montrose, MNAugust 6, 2018
If you are looking at the Montrose/West suburbs development at White Tail Ridge; just move on. There have been 2 successful closings since February, 2018.

Homes are over-priced for what you get for a starter home and the "so-callled guaranteed 500+ leads per year/each sales consultant" is unbelievably farfetched". was told to lie to the leads coming from the cities and say that we are located 20min west of Wayzata. In reality; the development was 2X(+) without traffic or hitting any red lights. needless to say; the leads didn't show up for set appointments and it was dead every weekend.

After that 100 days of being employed your "salary becomes a draw" and then you are in the hole with a company that markets to the wrong communities trying to draw folks from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Its a fail on marketing and their lack of knowledge of the area and lying to consumers for a quick buck.

just run away screaming if they try to recruit you!!!

I was there for 100 days and got 8 leads total through either Facebook, web lead on craigslist and phone call leads. worked 55+ hours per week (usually 60hrs).
Pros
corporate purchased lunches on weekends
Cons
lack of management, leads, technology, assistance of any kind, success building attributes
Official response from LGI Homes
January 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. LGI is definitely a systems based company and we really have an LGI Way for everything that we do. In order to provide quality homes at an affordable price, we do have to build a little further out. We believe that people will drive a little further for homeownership. We are sorry that our systems and processes weren't for you and wish you the best of luck!

VP of Land Acquisitions and Development for the Florida and Mid-Atlantic Divisions
Vice President of Business Development (Current Employee) –  FLFebruary 8, 2019
I get to do what I love and train others about the land acquisition and development process's the LGI way. Not having this training earlier in my career would be the one regret I have in business. The culture and sticking with it day in and day out are the things that make me know this is the last company I will ever work with! It is very easy to thank management for giving me this opportunity. We all feel blessed to be here and know we are working for the best company in the business.
Selling Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
Two week paid vacation, high paying commissions and bonus plans, recognition and great trips for top performers, constant training and corporate updates, great 401K, stock, medical benefits.
Awesome
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2019
Awesome place to work. the rewards are great. leadership is awesome. the compensation is top notch. To work here your odds are lower than getting into Harvard and it is worth it.
Should you work at LGI?
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  AZFebruary 8, 2019
There's no doubt you will have great earning potential in sales with LGI. However, keep in mind that it can vary greatly depending on your location. The inital training is very good. You had better be prepared to work very long hours including nights, every weekend and most holidays. The cancellation rate is much higher than what is quoted to you in training. The culture started out great but has declined and the turnover has gotten very high. Folks who have never sold a home with LGI are managing veteran salespeople. You'll meet some great poeple and have fun but just keep in mind the long hours and time away from your family. Hopefully it will pay off for you. Go for it and good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LGI Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7