LGI Homes Employee Reviews

LGI is a Cult
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
LGI’s Pay sucks. They don’t pay you all of your bonuses. You are constantly fighting for your money. They lie to their employees and only care about them self’s. They will fire you if you don’t join their cult and bleed the LGI way.
Cons
Truck allowowance, Pay, bonuses, job stability, meetings
Run
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 21, 2018
No work life balance. No Loyalty to sales employees, whom without the company would not exist. All about the sale and numbers, do not care about the clients. Poor Quality Homes and over priced
They own you.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 6, 2018
Because they give you a paycheck, they think they own you all day every day. My family and things I needed to do in my personal life, like taking care of a sick child, meant nothing to them. My manager tried to make me feel guilty for taking time off. Not a good place to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
They sure love to micromanage. Cult like atmosphere. Everything.
Corporate
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 3, 2018
At this point - I have loved my time so far at LGI Homes. Everyone I have met has welcomed me with open arms and I cannot be more excited to continue learning and growing at this wonderful company!

The culture at LGI Homes is something each employer takes pride in sharing and caring about. It is absolutely contagious.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with like minded people who are serious about getting the job done in the correct way by following our process. Everyone must be on board with the process and I enjoy a strict process because then I know what is expected of me.
Pros
Coffee, birthday snacks, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, lunch break
Cons
Healthcare is a bit pricey
Goal Oriented & People Focused Organization
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 12, 2018
LGI is unlike any company that I have worked for. We are very goal oriented and committed to sitting down once a month to discuss both personal and professional goals with our managers. You also sit down with your manager during the year to discuss your 1 year, 3 year and 'Someday' goals. We set attainable goals and are always looking for ways to improve and grow - "Constant and Never Ending Improvement".

LGI is also a very people focused company and you will be rewarded for your hard work. For example, each year we take our top 10 sales representatives, 5 wild card employees and all of their managers to ring the closing bell at the NASDAQ in Time Square in NYC. I had the honor of attending this year and it was a true testament to our culture. This is just one of the many examples, of how our employees are rewarded for their hard work!

It is enlightening to work for a systems based company, like LGI. Everyone plays their own role in the company, but we are all working towards the same goal of being a Top 5 builder! I am excited to be a part of the growth and success!
Pros
Company culture, Company trips
Culture is what Counts
Corporate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 5, 2018
LGI has found a way to make every employee feel great about going to work every day based off its culture. Starting from the top with our leadership and down, everyone practices the "LGI Culture". It entails being "People focused", a strive in "Constant and never ending improvement", as well as hardline in being a "Systems Based Company." We are self-managed and run the business straight from a manual.

No day is ever the same, the hours are long, which makes sense for such a fast pace environment and endless growth. However, The award is the advantage of all the company benefits which include:

1. Health Care
2. Life Insurance
3. Paid Time Off
4. Yearly Bonus
5. Stock Options
6. 401k
7. Discounts

Looking forward to expanding my career with this company and ultimately retiring with LGI.
Pros
Constant Training, Goal Sessions with Management, Growth Opportunities, Benefits
Cons
Work-Life Balance
The best company you'll work for!
Regional Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2018
My experience working for LGI Homes has exceeded my expectations. I have never felt more confident that I am working for an organization that practices what is preached -- and that what is preached (and practiced) are the right things. We have 6 Core Values that are lived out by everyone I have come in contact with, especially upper management: Exceptional Customer Service, Integrity, Ethical Behavior, Loyalty, Efficient Use of Time and Resources, and Profitability. The culture of LGI Homes is extremely positive, focused on growth and excellence, and is highly relational. I love that LGI is both people-focused and systems-based. Our focus on people (from customers who walk in the door to fellow employees) makes this job fun and enjoyable, and our system for success gives everyone a clear path to run on. With amazing people and culture, a track to run on, and incredible success in the industry, there isn't another team I'd rather be a part of.
Pros
Amazing Culture, Systems-Based Company, People Focused, Successful, Rewards Hard Work
Growing & Growing
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TexasSeptember 5, 2018
I have loved my time at LGI Homes. I work with some of the most genuine, hard-working people I have ever met. The company is growing extremely fast so loads of room for growth and promotion. I can't wait to see what the future holds.
Pros
Amazing culture, top-notch management, kind coworkers.
Cons
None.
Great Opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Corporate headquarters is an exciting place to be largely due to the senior leadership of this company being unbelievably accessible. It is not uncommon for our CEO, CMO or President / COO to invite you into their office for learning opportunities. If you value exceptional culture & rapid growth / expansion, this is the place for you.
Great Culture in a rapidly growing company
Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I have worked for LGI for approximately 2 1/2 years. LGI truly stands by their people focused culture and is a great place to work if you want to feel appreciated and challenged.
People-Focused
Corporate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I've had a great experience during my time so far with LGI Homes. I love the company culture and that it's people focused. This company truly lives out the culture and it's core values. I like that I have the opportunity to have one-on-one monthly goal sessions with my manager, and constantly have opportunities for training. The company has a positive work environment which is also a huge plus for me.
Pros
Culture, quarterly events, Circle of Excellence, positive environment
Smoke and mirrors
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montrose, MNAugust 6, 2018
If you are looking at the Montrose/West suburbs development at White Tail Ridge; just move on. There have been 2 successful closings since February, 2018.

Homes are over-priced for what you get for a starter home and the "so-callled guaranteed 500+ leads per year/each sales consultant" is unbelievably farfetched". was told to lie to the leads coming from the cities and say that we are located 20min west of Wayzata. In reality; the development was 2X(+) without traffic or hitting any red lights. needless to say; the leads didn't show up for set appointments and it was dead every weekend.

After that 100 days of being employed your "salary becomes a draw" and then you are in the hole with a company that markets to the wrong communities trying to draw folks from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Its a fail on marketing and their lack of knowledge of the area and lying to consumers for a quick buck.

just run away screaming if they try to recruit you!!!

I was there for 100 days and got 8 leads total through either Facebook, web lead on craigslist and phone call leads. worked 55+ hours per week (usually 60hrs).
Pros
corporate purchased lunches on weekends
Cons
lack of management, leads, technology, assistance of any kind, success building attributes
Starts out with promise
Employee (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 11, 2018
If you become popular and join the clicks you will do well and get promoted quickly. If you do things the LGI way it will ensure you have a job. Be prepared to drink the coolaide and and follow the carrot they prance in your face of empty promises. If you want a social life or family life outside of work forget about, you can never turn the switch off. Your phone must always be on , you must answer it 24/7 and dont worry about holidays you work those too. The only time you get to enjoy time off is if you get selected to go on the 3 day company circle of excellence trip, and Christmas, the rest of the year your butt belongs working.

Aside from that the CEO has positioned the company to grow and make profit which is good for those who buy in the stock program.
Pros
free lunch on thursdays
Cons
No family life your always working
No, stop, don’t
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 15, 2018
You will have no life. There is no loyalty to employees. It’s a company run by under age boys with big egos. Not ethical. The money may look appealing but if you break down the hours you are required to work it doesn’t amount to much. No females in management. Not a gender equal environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours, management, unequal opportunities
Good company for construction managers
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 2, 2018
Supervise homebuilding construction. Learned homebuilding process from start to finish. Management is fair. Culture is good. Correcting mistakes by front end builder. Building a quailty home for first time home buyers.
Pros
Training, free lunch Thursday.
Cons
Being held liable for situations you have no control over.
We, us, together...
New Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 28, 2018
LGI Homes is a systems based company, with a process for everything. If you follow the process, you will be successful, regardless of your position in the company. LGI Homes is people focused and offers an excellent platform to achieve your personal and career goals. The company is growing very quickly with lots of advancement opportunities. This is a company where hard work and loyalty are greatly rewarded. If you are in sales and want weekends off and 9-5 hours, go work somewhere else....The culture is borderline “cult” like, but culty in a good way, with behaviors, norms and language that's productive, positive and supportive. At LGI you are constantly improving, which is part of the culture. If you can get in, I would highly recommend it, but getting in isn’t easy, they only hire the best.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, company trips, awards, 401 k match, stock options, bonuses, Home discounts
A company culture like no other
New Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 20, 2018
While the company is experiencing some growing pains it has been amazing to be a part of what is happening. The work you put in is highly rewarded from any sales position I have ever seen.
Cons
Political when it comes to advancement
Productive and structured
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 19, 2018
I love structure and clear expectations and I get both here. The company is very clear that there is a way to do everything and as long as I do that everything is laid back outside of the manual.
Uncapped income potential
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2018
Systems based company
Great bonus structure
top performers are recognized and rewarded
very relaxed environment
No micro management
Learned a lot about real estate
Pros
earning potential and company's investment in your success
Cons
A lot of company politics at office level
Come ready to work and train
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Stable place to work, with its share of stress. Top leadership is driven and motivated. Knows their people up and down the chain. Not all leaders are excellent. The operation is very structured, with little room for creativity. If you like structure all the time, LGI is for you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LGI Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about