Play YouTube video button
LGI Homes

LGI Homes Employee Reviews

United States278 reviews
Exciting place to work. The culture & values are in practice by every employee on a daily basis and that is impressive. Positive attitudes and smiles are always nice to be around in the work place. They provide the tools to reach both professional and personal goals.
Pros
Extensive training, team lunches, positive work environment, great leadership team
Cons
Over all a good company not very good work life balance also safety of employees not a big concern with them. Would suggest that you start out your carrier with them.
The companies company has changed from how it was originally founded. They pride themselves in having low turnover when I worked there 2 years ago. Now they have high turnover. The cultish behavior and the LGI Way was annoying. The top sales people are treated well...but to be a top sales person it’s not based on you ability, but rather how much your willing to concede to this brainwashing process. Some aspects are good. our opinion is not valued .
Pros
Company has strong training program and has processes
Cons
Rotating schedule, several sales associates in one office and no real room to grow unless your a stool pigeon.
I have been with LGI Homes for 6 years. By far the best company I have ever worked for. (and I have owned my own twice). Outstanding leadership with true Vision and purpose. LGI Homes is the perfect vehicle to help you attain any goal you set for yourself. Work hard. Play hard. We... Us... Together.
Pros
Dream Fulfillment
Cons
Weekend Hours for Sales Team
LGI Homes supports all employees and rewards hard work, dedication, and loyalty. Work days are dependent on knowledge, dedication, and most important, efficient use of time and resources.
Pros
Corporate supports field operations and rewards hard work, dedication, and loyalty
Cons
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company is amazing! To be successful at LGI you have to have the will power to never give up and fight for your goals. It takes a lot of drive and persistence. The company is very people focused and goal driven. They have a culture on which everyone is focused.
June 24, 2020
Thank you for the review! We appreciate all of your drive, persistence and commitment. We are lucky to have you on our quest to becoming a Top 5 builder!
LGI Homes is a template for Best Places to Work. The culture is practiced every day and I am empowered to do my job. Core values are upheld in all business practices. The people at LGI are top shelf in every aspect upholding professionalism and commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the company.
Pros
Training, Goals, Commitment to Excellence, Professionalism, Fun, Benefits
June 24, 2020
It's people like you that truly make LGI Homes the best place to work. Thank you for the review and for all you do!
I love working for LGI Homes. Not only are we focused on our Business goals LGI Homes also helps you succeed with your personal goals. The Executive management down is the best. With a clear vision of the future and an awesome culture working for LGI is amazing.
June 24, 2020
We agree - every day is exciting here at LGI Homes. Appreciate your hard work and positive attitude!
There is always something new to learn on a daily basis with management support throughout the process. The best part of the job is getting to meet new people that have the same priorities in offering the best customer service!
June 24, 2020
Thank you for the review! We agree - our people are truly the best in the business. Keep up the great work!
LGI Homes has a great company culture. Management is there to help sales team succeed and the company has a great commission plan. Paid vacations and great benefits.
June 24, 2020
Our culture is something we are truly proud of at LGI Homes. We are happy to have you as part of the family!
LGI Homes is the most incredible company that I have ever had the pleasure of working for. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to take your career to the next level with a company whose culture aligns with your own, this is it!
June 24, 2020
We agree - LGI Homes is truly the vehicle to achieve all of your personal and professional goals.
LGI is a people-focused company where you will be pushed to meet & exceed your personal & professional goals with the support of your manager. LGI focuses on employee ecognition & goes above & beyond to recognize employees for their hard work & loyalty. If you want stability & the opportunity to grow, LGI is the company for you!
June 24, 2020
Thanks for the great review. We couldn't have set it better ourselves!
A typical day of work consist of waiting for the phone to ring to be able to book an appointment with someone who is just looking for information. Not a lot of room for self expression with the information you are given. Not something I would recommend who does not want to be in a high stress enviorment and up and down pay. You could go months without pay.
Pros
Free Lunches, Networking, Pay
Cons
Limited Growth, Inconsistent Company Culture, Work/Life Balance
June 24, 2020
We are sorry to hear that LGI Homes was not a fit for you. Best of luck!
Enjoyed work for LGI had great people working with me . Showed alot of values while working there . Would have stayed there and continued to work for them .
June 24, 2020
Thank you for the great review and for the time you spent with us. We hope we can work together again in the future!
Great place to work, Culture is everything. They have home building figured out. They are 10 years ahead of everyone else who still build like its 1990.
June 24, 2020
Thank you so much for the review! We agree - our management team has done a fantastic job creating the systems we utilize in our construction process. LGI Homes is truly different!
LGI Homes is a great company to work for!! Their culture and systems based process is one of the best in the industry.
I highly recommend this company.
June 24, 2020
Thank you for the review and for your recommendation! We agree - LGI is the best in the industry!
LGI has a great company culture, management cares about making sure everyone achieves personal and career goals (if employee doesn't succeed, it is the manager's fault mentality), I enjoyed learning about the culture and the overall company's story and mission.
January 7, 2020
Thank you for your review. We enjoyed having you as a part of the Corporate Internship Program. Keep in touch!
Working in every climate with different subdivision properties. Hard labor with low pay and flexible schedule. I've learned interior design, constructing windows, manufacturing stair cases and heavy duty maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the day was learning something new almost every workday, that definitely benefitted me.
June 24, 2020
Hi there - we are not sure this is an accurate review of LGI Homes as we do not have this role or position at our company, nor do the duties describe a role at our company.
The sales system is the best in the industry. Interview the sales manager before you accept the position. He/she will make a big difference in your initial success and your ability to be promoted.
January 7, 2020
Thank you for your review. An employees relationship with their manager can certainly make a great impact. Management training and weekly National Manager Calls are just some of the ways we work to help our managers grow. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavors!
Alot of data entry, managing the leads that come through the office. Getting contracts ready after a sale. Making sure that all reports are sent in a timely manor.

Great Place to work. Everyone is a Team player constant training. You work side by side with your manager.
January 7, 2020
Keep up the great work - the Office Manager role is critical to the success of the community!
Fun place to speak with folks, help them if we can. Distances can be an issue for many potential buyers but incentives are worth it. Product is very good.
January 7, 2020
Thank you for the review. Minneapolis is one of our newest markets and we've already found great success. Keep up the hard work - the rewards are yours to be captured!