LHC Group Employee Reviews

They treat their aides like they are a dime a dozen.
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 9, 2018
Favoritism, most nurses were jerks, low pay, little to no benefits. Office personel were jerks and treated you like you were dirt. No compensation for vehicle wearing down from driving.
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Low pay, wear on vehicle
It was a great work to work at
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
The work there was easy and i life changing. Helping take care of people was a task. Learning new things of about them was something i like hearing about they life style. I was like someone they can talk if they didn't have no one there for them
Pros
Buy lunch
Cons
Had breaks all the time
Solid company
Divisional Market Manager/ Development Role (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2018
Great environment on the site and home office level. Leadership was always professional and lent a hand when needed to improve quality of care for patients. For those who worked and went above and beyond the benefits were great. Lots of opportunities to prove yourself and feel praised for that work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Few bad apples
Stay away
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 3, 2018
At one point in time they had the nurses working 14 days straight, you have no time to yourself you are always working on your tablet at home trying to finish the charting, management is very unfair and likes to
micromanage, all I can say is most of the office handed in their notices and quit, be very careful with this place, no fairness on pay raises,
You must keep productivity up, well how can you do that if the census is low? So your pay gets effected, some weeks you make your 30 patients, other weeks you may only see 15,
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing management, work loads to high or not available, no time for family
great place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 25, 2018
I love working for lhc . it is very laid back and my day starts off working with the schedule to make sure each patient is seen in a timely manner and all there health needs are met.
Pros
lunches and freindly staff and patients
Cons
not enough pay
Poor environment with minimal assistance from management.
Field Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LA 70570July 17, 2018
Very high turnover. Raises and promotions are based on who you know. Worst upper management possible. Nepotism. Unrealistic expectations. Rules change to suit the needs of management. Very unfair work environment with exceedingly unrealistic demands on field staff with no assistance from DON.
Pros
Regular staff are phenomenal and wonderful to work with.
Cons
Too many to list
more concerned with numbers looking good than taking care of employees and patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2018
Administration/upper management does not communicate with office staff or field clinicians. Expects people to perform the work of 3 people. Understaffed, but continues to accept patients without regard to how to cover their needs. Middle management is utilized to fill field staffing needs. No appreciation for the work done. Hard work is rewarded with additional work/responsibilities w/ little or no acknowledgement or direction. Employees are expected to work 8-9 hour days, then go home and continue to work on documentation for another 3-5 hours. Upper management does not seem to appreciate the work done at the local level. Seems more interested in their numbers than taking care of their employees and patients' needs.
Pros
Good people at the local level, field/office staff
Cons
lack of appreciation, lack of communication, high demand/low reward
The pay is ok. The travel time really sucks
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 12, 2018
It would help them keep aides if they would pay the correct travel time. I always get shorted on my travel time. Its to the point i no longer want to work with lhc group.
Pros
I love my clients
Cons
They mess up on your travel time alot
no review
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJuly 11, 2018
I have no bad reviews.
It was a great place to work with nice and sweet people.
I had no quarrels with fellow employees.
I was given many opportunities to display my skills.
Nonexistent leadership from both Sales & Operations
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 10, 2018
This company does not have required amount of staff to complete necessary obligations. They work the employees they do have relentlessly without any appreciation or recognition. Leadership is non existent and there aren't enough characters to discuss all the HR issues. I would advise looking elsewhere for stable and meaningful employment.
Pros
Compensation package
Cons
Lack of support, leadership, morals, integrity, vision, etc
Middle management turnover is high
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 5, 2018
I worked at one of their locations as a Patient Care Representative (PCR) at first and then was DON. Expectations are extremely high but when you finally recruit staff, that staff is spread out on other locations. A typical day for me was to be marketing as a PCR, making actual patient visits, and trying to meet DON responsibilities as well all in the same day and on multiple occasions. Requires multi-tasking on "steroids".
Pros
Large multiple location organization
Cons
the right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing
Home Office is sad, gloomy, and fear based
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 30, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone except for a possible stepping stone for a more rewarding career. The home office culture is fear throughout. Departments have no vision and no true leaders because of the fearful culture. If you are looking for a company to gain a few skills and then bounce, this could be an ok opportunity. It's the type of environment that you are better off skating by and staying just under the radar to get your check. Doing a great job or exceeding job expectations is not noticed or rewarded, it just ends up getting you more and more work from the others who have learned to stay under the radar. My advice to the Executive team and Board of LHC/Almost Family: Your home office needs a leader that their primary job is to take care of home office including employee morale, ensure managers are trained to be effective, provide career ladders, ensure regular employee evaluations, and study employee motivation. As a leader in today's healthcare and as a public corporate environment, this role is NEEDED. Your people could be so much more productive and innovative. I'm sure I speak for the majority here by saying I'm so tired of seeing all the sad and gloomy faces all day every day which continues to trend downwards/lower over time (everyone clearly feels beat down). What disturbs me the most is that these issues are well known, but our executive team refuses to acknowledge it. We also have no vehicle to express our concerns except through these anonymous surveys.
Pros
Most of the workers are really good people, field leaders are amazing to work with
Cons
home office is gossipy, executive leadership style of fear, political, no reward no motivation
Welcoming
MSW (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2018
I came to LHC after my spouses transfer from out of state. I was welcomed right away by caring colleagues. However I found the pace and drive of my team, including management to be quite relaxed compared to the culture of where I came from.
Good work place so far
Pediatric PDN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
I am PRN, so I can work whatever shifts I can. So far the experience has been great. The compensation was 2 dollars less when compared to other competing employers. Otherwise they do offer benefits for f/t or p/t employees. Everyone has been very welcoming thus far
Feel this job is very rewarding and glad to be apart of a great company.
CTC (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 28, 2018
Excellent administration and employees. Love the family like atmosphere. Stress level is very bearable. The employees here seem very happy to work here.
New employee through LHC contract with hospital
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 28, 2018
Friendly staff. Still learning the company's culture. Good reputation in the community for LTAC. First impression bottom line oriented. Contract merger unorganized.
Pros
Growth and career opportunities.
Cons
Onboarding and merger process.
Professional
PTA (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OHJune 27, 2018
Very professional group. Everyone welcomed me with open arms as I am a new hire. Everyone has been so helpful during the orientation process. The atmosphere they create has me leaving work everyday thankful that they allowed me this opportunity.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Poor Management
Financial Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 21, 2018
Left the company due to poor management. HIPAA is not a concern in this office. Not everyone is treated equally. The harder you work, the higher the expectation, but the standard was not held across the board.
Pros
Great co-workers, amount of PTO offered
Cons
Low pay, no incentive
Surrounded by unprofessional people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2018
Deny workers vacation and always try to buy back vacation accrued for 50 percent. Managers do not support workers, very cut throat people will do whatever to advance. Expect to work weekends with no compensation
Pros
Avearage pay
Cons
Poor negative atmosphere
TN Home Health - LHC
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJune 7, 2018
This is new position for me. In my 4th week only. So far this company has surpassed the previous employers. At this point with my limited knowledge I would recommend it. The orientation has been the best I have ever received on a job.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
On call required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight