LHC Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
LHC Group selected this as a representative review
Fulfilling work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I greatly enjoy working for this company. Our office has a great staff from the office personnel, to the field nurses. I enjoy seeing patients in their homes. Our patient care managers are good at listening to the needs of field nurses and helping in any way they can, be it making calls, dropping off supplies to us in the field, or seeing patients when we are super busy. Our clinic director has an open door policy and is always willing to listen to any complaints, needs, ideas, or concerns. This job does require charting at home and making calls from home to set up your schedule with individual patients. But it also affords a lot of independence and flexibility in your schedule. I see on average 8 patients daily, but it ranges from 6-10 depending on census. The scheduler in my office is very conscientious of our mileage and tries her best to keep it down for us daily. I look forward to growing with this company and highly recommend it.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule, building relationships with patients and families, Pto.
Cons
Occasional long days, wear and tear on vehicle
Company that Cares
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeFebruary 11, 2019
Great culture - leadership truly cares about their employees and their patients. Company provides me with a great salary and benefits. They understand the importance of family and offer the work like balance that I need.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Communication/Marketing needs improving
highly qualified motivated staff
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working at LHC Group Pharmacy. I have a great deal of respect for the pharmacy administrator. I worked with a highly qualified staff who were more then willing to mentor on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job is working with 23 different facilities with 23 different medical and nursing staffs.
Pros
easy availability of vacation and time off
Cons
Physical therapy could be more respected
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 3, 2019
The hardest part of this job is the driving, as they cover seven counties and you expected to cover those areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is the families served which required physical therapy.
Pros
Pay, paid time off
Cons
Not team oriented, poor benefits
Good company, but only a few benefits.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 28, 2019
A good company, but not enough benefits and no room for advancement.. need to promote what increases in pay!!some employees have enough hours, some too many and others not enough.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No benefits
Very busy and fast paced office with a relaxed environment
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Very good teamwork and family type group. We all worked well with and helped one another. The mission to care for ou patients was clear and carried out effectively.
Fair company with unrealistic productivity expectations
PTA (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 23, 2019
I’m a Physical Therapist Assistant and have worked for LHC in Salem, Portland and Grant’s Pass Oregon. I initially hired on full time in Salem however was forced to drive up to Portland for work when census dropped. Soon after that mandatory vacation days were required to be used by clinicians due to overstaffing. I became aware of PTA need in Grant’s Pass and proposed to management to send me down there to help out instead of burning my vacation days. Eventually I was transferred to Grant’s Pass full time.

All of the LHC branches were similar. Pay was decent and mileage paid. Benefits available if desired. Management was average. Expected productivity was unrealistic and on the verge of violating labor laws. For PTAs 7 visits a day 5 days a week was required. When productivity was not met a write up from management was added to employees file. 7 visits a day is very difficult to achieve due to the large driving radius and long rough dirt roads. Productivity is much different in rural areas vs urban however corporate refused to recognize this or adjust accordingly. After seeing patients all day clinicians were required to complete all notes that night and call patients before 7pm to set up next day’s schedule. I was paid per visit and most companies are making this standard. It is not generally advantageous to the clinicians as drive time, treatment time, documentation, phone calls, chart review are all grouped into one rate. The compensation per hour doesn’t translate and clinicians end up working more than 40 hours without being paid overtime. As a result the clinicians
  more... are not happy, office morale drops and quality of care suffers. I have not worked for LHC for years so I’m unsure if they have made changes. If not it will be difficult to maintain quality clinicians.  less
Pros
Decent pay, good training
Cons
Productivity expectations, poor staffing, money>patient care
Fair wages and good benefits
Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 14, 2019
LHC provides fair wages and competitive benefits for full time staff. Free CEU’s through LHC training website. Local/regional management can be vindictive and accusatory without hearing all sides.
Pros
Flexible, fair wages and competitive benefits
Cons
Poor management
typicall large company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
flexible work hours in certain departments and work from home options kept me here as long as I was. There have been many buy outs in the company and therefore many lay offs. No job security
Pros
remote work, flexible schedule
Cons
work is boring and repetitive
Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  KYJanuary 2, 2019
No work/life balance, not reimbursed for all of your work time, no career ladder or opportunities for advancement, all clinicians are burnt out, high turn over rate. Would not recommend working here if you enjoy free time
review
LPN Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2018
home visit, vs, medication review, labs, education, wound care, and ect. Charting and order view with doctor. Shots. weekly meeting. Lack of to inform with field staff of visit changes. Adding visits to your schedule without talking to field staff. On call pay not worth the time. No cell phone plan. My cell phone had increase in cost.
LOVE Working for LHC Group!
Director of Clinical Quality (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 20, 2018
LHC Group is a HUGE company, with unending resources, expertise and decades of experience that is available to us at all times. The company spans the entire country so there is a wealth of opportunity to grow and develop within the company. LHC Group facilitates professional growth and truly allows advancement and betterment of oneself within the company.

On a local level, I know that we put our money where our mouth is. We do what we say we will do and we do it with love for others, compassion and a commitment to ethics and excellence in all we do. We live and breathe the mission of the company and in return, we receive such amazing satisfaction from our jobs.

Coming to LHC 3 years ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love the people I work with and the people I work for.
Pros
commitment to excellence, competitive pay
Great culture and opportunities to advance
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2018
Phenomenal work environment that is fast paced and very partient centered. The Fort Worth office is one of hundreds of locations so the opportunity to advance is not limited to the DFW metro.
Pros
Great culture, pay, and benefits
Cons
Long hours and busy days
Summary
Area Vice President DFW Home Health (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great place for career advancement for high performers. Work is demanding but is also very rewarding. The attention to patient care separates LHC from other Home Health providers.
Pros
Great place for career advancement
Review
HHA/PCA (Current Employee) –  Red Hook, NYDecember 6, 2018
If it wasnt for the family I work for I would gain employment elsewhere in my area where the pay is greater.

Some employees have terrible phone mannerisms and if you dont live close to an office it's a chore to get in your timesheets.

On the flip, they are fast at getting you placed and all paperwork finished. Also, very friendly in person.
If nothing else is available or looking for few extra $ on the side.....
Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2018
Not worth it for therapy assistants, few and between work hours. Pay is competitive but again, only few hours per week, maybe good option for casual/extra cash job. The company does not allow for easy advancement, rather hire people from outside.
Slow paced
Rehabilitation Manager, Home Care Connections (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXDecember 4, 2018
The work is doable but the travel going from town to town is tiring and long. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of my job is the long travel from town to town to see patients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with patients and their families.
Pros
bonus
Cons
long travel to see patients in several towns
Awesome and fun place to work.
homemaker (Current Employee) –  Clermont County, OHDecember 3, 2018
Working with the company has been a great experience. The staff is fun and professional. Hours are flexible and I love that most of all. I love working here.
Great support from Administration
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem ArkansasDecember 1, 2018
Not like working in most places, very team oriented. There is zero "us vs them", everyone is an us. You do get evaluations, you do have monthly meetings, pays bi-weekly.
Pros
Love my schedule
Cons
Cover my own sick days
Wonderful group to work with
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 1, 2018
Caretenders is an excellent company with caring compassionate nursing and management staff. Your needs are meta your questions and answered and thorough training for systems used
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Staffing challenges as with all nursing or peraonal care companies
Great place to work staff is awesome
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 28, 2018
I think so far this is a great place to work staff seems very nice and there is always someone around to help. I just started working here and so everything is going well and I hope can continue to work here for as long as I can

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss