LHC Group Employee Reviews

Good pay but I would always come up shor.
Lhc group (Former Employee) –  Caliico rock, arMay 20, 2018
I got the top pay but I didn'the get paid for all my work. It wasn't hourly but by the pts. I was always short in my pay. The co-workers were super. But I was disappointed. So I didn't stay.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
I always got shorted in my pay.
Not employee friendly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 16, 2018
This company bought our smaller company which I loved. The benefits are expensive with high deductibles. The environment become very stressful because everyone was overworked including office staff. Overwork you with to many patients then go home and do paperwork for hours. Then you had to decide between your kids or do paperwork. Then get in trouble because paperwork is late. Mileage.. you only get paid as a crow flies..straight line distance, not actual miles. Would not reccomend this company. Often pushed to keep patients just because they were a warm body..go elsewhere..does not listen to employees
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
To many to list..no life..LHC is your life, not your kids or family
Good team support snd training
PRN Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 22, 2018
Enjoying my work so far. The company provided extensive training and mentorship yo assure that job quality is supremely effective. The team is also supportive of new employees
Poor Management
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 19, 2018
Worst place ever, you will work more than 40 hours per week. Don’t accept salary ask for hourly pay, or you’ll end up with five dollars per hour! Without any any real direction, beware of gossip and back stabbing!
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Hours and Management
Flexible schedule, good place to work
Positions held - R.N. Case Manager/Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2018
Enjoy working for this company, Boss is amazing as well as coworkers. Felt that I could talk to my superiors about concerns openly. Company continues to strive to be competitive.
I love it but not pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hu nington tnApril 18, 2018
That pay I start at bad I've been told that other CNA at the home where in at now was making 13 an hr 11 an hr really can't afford benefits and gas but I really do like the family and pt at this home just need more money really I was Making 13 .25 at nursi g home thanks
Good company so far
LPN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 17, 2018
I love it so far but I have worked this case with another company in the past. The only part I don't like is the notepad spend a lot of time charting on it.
Pros
Flex schedule, pay and benefits
Cons
no set break time
Very supportive, at your pace learning
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARApril 17, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of support, learn at your own speed. Very cooperative. No one complains about their job. No one is mean to each other.
Exc Director nurse and understands the job.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Not fun work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 17, 2018
I would say this is for someone who needs extra money. The hours ate not there. I only received 5 hours each week. I didn't stay here long.i was thrown to the wolves my first day. No proper training. Thank God I am an experienced CNA.
Pros
Take lunch when u want
Cons
low pay
One of the best places I’ve Ever Worked..
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 17, 2018
I’ve been with this company about a month now. They’re amazing. I can work my job at my own hours and days. If I want to work 4 hours instead of 8, that’s okay. I’m not sure how the other jobs vary day/time wise. As for benefits, you are able to pick and choose what you want. I just went with vision insurance, but they have all kinds of benefits. The people I work with have all been really great, and my boss has been excellent, and open to any ideas I’ve brought to the table.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Staff
Cons
Benefits Can Be Expensive
So far everything has been ok. Im a new hire. So ask me again in 6mths.
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 17, 2018
Im just starting with the company. But so fast everything has been great. Everyone has been friendly from the management, office personal, other employees to the clients. I've worked in home health before wasn't a fan. I really believe Lhc group is going to change my mind.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no pay raises
Start early, work through lunch and then work some more when you get home at night. It NEVER ends.
RN (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 16, 2018
The work never ends. Mountains of documentation, phone calls from staff and patients after hours, reports, etc. Our agency performed well (because we all worked ourselves to death) therefore we were always asked to help other agencies. Senior management has no idea what all goes into the day to day operations to keep things running smoothly and safely. They just add more to your workload. There have been several acquisitions which also adds more work on the existing agencies.
Love my job, love nursing, I find it very rewarding
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40511April 6, 2018
Love the type of patients that I care for at LHC. He staff is great. I work in the home with EPSDT waiver children . I do total nursing care. I started working with this company when they bought out the Nurses Registry. I am glad I continued with them. Great company to work for, I am just interested in picking up a shift or two. I miss the staff nursing
Do Not Work There!!
home office (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 3, 2018
They paint a very beautiful picture upon the job interview and hiring. But once you begin working there, it's a totally different story. The Managment staff is horrible!!! They claim to be fair, transparent and honest. They are so far from that!!! Within the past 2 years, every single supervisor has quit this company. Not to mention the dozens of employees that have quit. Huge turn over at home office! Upper managment is more concerned about making the almighty dollar to care what is actually going on in this company. Employees are treated like children, with petty, stupid rules they try to impliment!!! Work processes change weekly... and there is always a fast response when this is questioned. Employees opinions or suggestions don't matter at all!! LHC group may be buying all these small agencies and/or joining other larger entities, but their bottom is falling apart. If you are a honorable employee with good work ethics, stay away from this company!!
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
petty, unfair, lied too, dishonest, only care about making money, no training. etc.....
Promises are not kept
Field RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 3, 2018
When your hired they promise you an hourly rate until census is up and as soon as training is complete they switch to pay per visit dropping your earnings dramatically despite low census. They promise you will work only one weekend per month and you end up working every other weekend without choice and when staff begin to disappear they switch up the schedule with little or no notice and say you have no choice but to work. They expect you to be available all day despite low census one week and place an unreasonable patient load another, and don’t distribute assignments evenly among nurses. They don’t respect that their nurses have families and lives outside of work. Prn is no good either, unless you want to work whenever they choose, so it’s a no go if you have another job.
If you value yoir self worth, do not work here!
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALMarch 26, 2018
This place doesn't care about you, only numbers. Full of a bunch of non sense to put it nicely. If you think you have thick skin and can handle it, think again. They will ruin your live just for a little pay back.
Company has no integrity
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 25, 2018
Charting system complicated but no training given. Company extolls 'integrity' but fails to live up to the premise. Management in office with too much free time. Supplies not always available.
Long Term Acute Care that cares
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXMarch 20, 2018
The staff and management are very kind and helpful. The staff has very seasoned nurses which are very helpful to new staff. They have been very helpful in learning the floor.
lack of proper leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 19, 2018
Constant revolving door, can’t keep staff. When you try to go to upper management, they don’t listen or care. Local management is awful. Very bullied environment, very unappreciative. Nurses/therapists aren’t valued and told they are all replaceable. Patient care is lacking and the training is non existent. They let you ride with someone a few days then put you in the field to figure it all out on your own, then write you up when something doesn’t suit them. When employees are valued and correct management and training gets in place, could be a great company to work for.
Say Goodbye to your Home life!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleMarch 10, 2018
If you have a license and a warm body, congratulations you are hired! Company offers Greet insurance benefits but you’ll never have time or be allowed time off to use it, Turnover is insane no one stays with this group. Lpns will be scheduled 10 sometimes 12 patients a day. Which could be done if patients were not so far apart. You don’t get paid for that time either. Just your mileage which is less than average RNs or LPNs have no idea where they will be day to day. You can’t follow a patient because the scheduler does not have a clue. You may end up in Maryville, Lonesdale, Karns, Turkey creek and Oakridge on the same day. The clinicians are crossing paths all day. You will drive 40 miles to see a patient that’s 1 mile from another clinicians patient and that clinician will be doing the same in an area you have patients. If your an RN you will do 4 or more SOCs a day and are expected to be done charting within 24 hours. You literally will work from early morning til your eyes slam shut finishing your charting at midnight. Working M-F then on call e/o weekend mandatory. You’ll be offered to pick a day off but it will need to be approved first and it won’t be because someone quit so you end up working 13 days straight. Management is cut throat They don’t care if you stay or go. You will never get paid right. Checks are always wrong. To Lhc’s benefit of course. You can’t call payroll. The office staff calls patients when you leave a visit and questions the patient about your specific care. Did your Nurse measure your leg? What did she measure your leg with? Did she wash her hands?  more... What did the soap look like? After this inquisition the patient is left not trusting the Nurse. It’s a cluster of nonsense, oh and you can forget eating! there is no time, being able to urinate is a rare blessing. No lie! And family? Hahaha they will only see you broke down looking tired and stressed while you chart. You will be completely killed from exhaustion. its sad. LHC should be ashamed of themselves. Treat your employees better. And if your a patient go easy on these nurses and therapist. They are truly worked to death!  less
Pros
The patients, the insurance you won’t have time to use
Cons
Not paid for charting work for 13 days straight pay is never accurate so many things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.9Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight