LHC Group

United States2,501 reviews

Found 2,501 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,515 reviews
patientnurseamazebenefitavailclinicianemployeeclient

Life of an AE

busy and juggling many balls in the air on a daily basis learning and growing everyday Supportive team and management compensation far, but you work for it nice feeling like part of a team good days and bad days

Nurses and therapists really care about their patients. Management needs an overhaul.

There are many wonderful employees who really care about the patients. It is those employees that make the job. Management is harsh, condescending, bullies employees, and in general doesn't care about anyone but herself. If you aren't a favorite you will know it quickly. District and regional management are fake and don't care about anything but the numbers. Not much room for growth or advancement although sometimes it is a good learning environment. Staff seems to be overwhelmed often and like there is never enough time in the day. The patient care is great, management not so much.

Cons

Bad management, overwhelmed staff

LHC Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Was able to work with co workers smoothly.

Enjoy working for LHC but the pay didn’t compare to other companies around the area and the mileage never increased even though gas prizes are on the rise. I think I deserved a second chance but they didn’t agree, really enjoyed my job and patients

Poor Compensation, no retention, stressful

I am paid less than anywhere I've worked in 10 years. Thought the work-life balance would make up for it, but I was wrong. Overscheduled every work day. Stressfull. Always working short. High turnover.

Pros

Cons

Overscheduled, stressful, understaffed, poor mileage reimbursement (below allowance), no management support

Nothing more than a work horse.

If you are willing to work long hours you can easily make alot of money. If you don't want to work all the time this isn't for you. You'll be placed on call every week, you'll be out late due to having to see more patients than you can handle and you'll even be expected to complete all charting within 24 hours

Pros

Possibility to make alot of money

Cons

No work/ personal life balance, No help when needed, Profits more important than supply needs, Visits per patient are limited even if they need medical, You will be the one who cares for patient, but office (who never pays eyes on patient) dictate care

Bad place to work

Lhc care less about there employees got hired for one county thru me in another county no warning!! Called in sick was told I had to work later on day I work to make up for it !!! Poor management in staffing

Comparable to other home health companies

Money was okay until federal reimbursement changed, so work dried up. Service area was too big, so I often spent up to 5 hours driving in one day, which gave me less quality time with patients. I liked my supervisors at first, but management turnover caused the job to become very tense.

Pros

Pay was okay, benefits not bad

Cons

Productivity requirements, work drama

Destination Travel

I love working for LHC Groups Destination Travel division. Our supervisor is very supportive and even though we are all spread out across the country, we feel like a team. I truly enjoy my job!

Pros

Pay, supported, benefits, get to see the country, time off.

Cons

I get a little homesick every now and then.

Stay away very toxic and loaded with bullies

Hands down the VERY WORST company I have ever worked at. If you like a company where everyone has the title of Vice President, yet no one can help you with anything job related, this is your place.

A publicly traded company with lacking tone at the top.

Lots of room for improvement in processes. A great need for leadership accountability, knocking down silos, and listening to employees' ideas. Communication is majorly needed to avoid double work and orchestrate smoother work projects and work tasks. Negative communication is happening to cause last-minute work. Don't rock the boat here, or cause stop any momentum, insert new ideas with caution. The hardest part of LHC is evaluating do you have everyone and everything you need for what you are doing? Something you may have missed may pop out at you at the end because no one spoke up about it till the end. Management could do a better job of accountability over their departments and the lack of following processes their employees don't follow. Last thing, the pay is very bad which leads to the high turnover with this company. The environment is relaxed and offers a great work-life balance. LHC offers a great diversity culture environment and on-site health care.

Can reschedule patients for your own schedule sometimes.

LHC group as a whole is an alright company. Quite a bit of issues with payroll. Management in AZ is awful- you are not compensated as promised for your time or driving. Meaning you’ll spend hours “volunteering” waiting for the doctors to call you back to approve orders. The office personnel who state they will do certain duties WILL push the duties off themselves and onto you as a nurse. IF you get into a car accident while on the job driving- workers comp will do their absolute best to ensure you are not covered for services needed. Very toxic office personnel.

I enjoy helping Seniors and working at LHC enables me to do that.I like that we have Nationwide support.

I appreciate the autonomy to do what is right for our patients.I enjoy collaborating with Referral Sources. I am proud of the staff, especially therapists and have made life long friends with many of our clinicians. I have good vacation benefits.The company is good at recognizing and appreciating stellar performance.They are positioned for growth and are a leader in Home Health

Professional Patient Centric place to work.

Amazing culture that focuses on putting the patient in the center of all that we do. Teamwork and dedication is prenominal. Very pleased and comfortable in my decision to join the LHC Family.

Staff very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. A place where you really want to work. Staff very helpful to the patients of the company.

My day starts with a good morning to and from every employee, which is a nice way to start your day. The working environment is very calm and pleasant, with everyone helping each other. Sometimes it is very uncomfortable starting a new job, but the knowledge of the other employees is very impressive. I would highly recommend the company to anyone.

The management they are kind and hard working people. Who will do anything in their power to help you succeed.

Honestly they’re really up there as one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. I couldn’t ask for better.

Job Stability

Busy home health agency who does things the right way. Have to possess exceptional multi-tasking skills to be successful. At the end of the day, the best part of the job is knowing that we are helping patients in our community to improve their health status.

Pros

Knowing that our clinicians are providing our patients with exceptional care.

Cons

Na

Very great work culture!!!

I loved the people that I worked with from the Regional Director to all the clinicians!!! But much love for my office peers!!!! The patient care manager was a great position. I wanted to further my nursing career and school and workload, plus four children, didn’t work out for me. It was a great opportunity. I have nothing bad to say about company and staff. Everyone had been awesome to me.

Good training, Pay rate above average, Managers not very professional

The clinical team is very experienced. Some of them are helpful, others could care less about providing any assistance. The Supervisors have their favorites, there is not much fairness for all employees. The training was mostly online and very good for a Home Healthcare Company. They follow all Medicare Rules and Regulations. There is no issue with being paid for work you have done. The highlight was being yelled at after giving 2 weeks notice. That is something I never experienced that at any other company I ever worked at.

Pros

Training, Pay Rate, Ethical with Medicare Rules and Regulations

Cons

Yelling at employees, Play favorites

It is what you make it. Great group of people under tons of stress.

I’ve been with the agency for 5 years in an office position. I’ve seen many directors and field staff come and go. Everyone is overworked and under so much stress to reach company “goals” so much focus on numbers and not the patients. It’s a shame because there are compassionate clinicians who truly want to help patients. There is no continuity of care with the Staff shortages and supervisors quitting left and right. LHC requires sooo much documentation and you have to jump through hoops to get what you need. I personally enjoy my job but it can be very stressful trying to get patients care when everyone is overbooked and agency wants to take more.

They care about employees and patients

Definitely a great place to work Your training is ongoing and raises normally given on annual review dates. Great team in the revenue department and they are amazing

Perfect for monday through friday work :)

I have learned a lot computer wise since working here and I am grateful for that. I am not thrilled with the starting rate seeing as people with the same experience as me make more than me but that's minor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss