LHC Group Employee Reviews

Home Health
LPN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
I have worked here for over 3 years and I have enjoyed it very much. I love that I am not confined to one building all day. I get to get out and drive. I enjoy that every patient and every house I go to, is something new and interesting. I love this job!
Great company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MsOctober 9, 2018
Company really recognizes all employees. Works well when you have to take time off. Great training programs and great salary rates. Great communication within the company
good company, pay is average and coworkers are very helpful
REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 7, 2018
patient census up and down and nurses are very helpful, good teamwork.
Management is good. Physical Therapist care about patients and work hard to help patient work harder and get better.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 3, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. There is alot to keep busy and productive. LHC is a GREAT employer. The only negative side is not enough training. For a brand new person to the company and type of work there needs to be more one on one training.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly atmosphere
Cons
More one on one training
For a salary employee there were to many hours.
Case Manager and Admissions for Hospice (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAOctober 2, 2018
The educational piece was very complete, thorough and focused. My coworkers were all knowledgable and always willing to help. Management was helpful..
Pros
education
Cons
on Call
Clinical Transition Coordinator/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 2, 2018
I was with LHC for little over a year in the role of CTC. Not as much support as maybe needed because of personnel changes. On boarding process / Training was an area that could be improved upon. Frequent sales calls to go over numbers at time were stressful
Pros
Flexible job schedule, adequate PTO time
Cons
Poor bonus structure for CTC
Poor manager. Poor scheduler. Fri were a nightmare
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TnSeptember 30, 2018
Poor manager, poor scheduler, poor culture. Fridays were the worst as all visits were passed to therapist at the last minute. Pta would move visits sometimes onto the same day as the therapist. Distinct lack of oversight.......pay was decent. Overall i left in a yr because i got tired of the bs.....
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Management, scheduler, and culture were poor at best
Worse place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2018
LHC has not been good to us. We are constantly fighting to get paid. And it seems like its just from the lowest people in the company. I have never heard of the higher management not getting paid. The aides and office staff are the ones who usually have to fight for their money. They will not cut you a check when it's their fault. Usually, you have to wait until the next week to get paid and sometimes you still don't get paid. This is terrible. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck. This is not right. We have families too. My advice is to not even think about working for this company!
Pros
I got nothing
Cons
You will not get paid..
Fulfilling work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I greatly enjoy working for this company. Our office has a great staff from the office personnel, to the field nurses. I enjoy seeing patients in their homes. Our patient care managers are good at listening to the needs of field nurses and helping in any way they can, be it making calls, dropping off supplies to us in the field, or seeing patients when we are super busy. Our clinic director has an open door policy and is always willing to listen to any complaints, needs, ideas, or concerns. This job does require charting at home and making calls from home to set up your schedule with individual patients. But it also affords a lot of independence and flexibility in your schedule. I see on average 8 patients daily, but it ranges from 6-10 depending on census. The scheduler in my office is very conscientious of our mileage and tries her best to keep it down for us daily. I look forward to growing with this company and highly recommend it.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule, building relationships with patients and families, Pto.
Cons
Occasional long days, wear and tear on vehicle
Neutral
RN (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 22, 2018
LHC aquired my former company. Much of the staff was not retained.
There was a learning curve related to the tablet computer. The company seems to micromanage more that the former company.
Pros
steady emp;oyment
Cons
missing former cowprkers
Sucks the life out of the registered nurses. The company does not even try to figure out why the RNs don't stay.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHSeptember 17, 2018
They will work you to death if you let them get away with it. Poorest work life balance I have ever experienced. Registered Nurses handle the on call hours from 5 pm to 8 am, and weekends. Overflow from the day will be forced onto the Nurse on call, which means you work a full day as it is, then spend the evenings doing on call visits and Evening admissions. All electronic charting has to be completed by 9 am the next day so you have to stay up into the wee hours to get it done. It's a pace that few can keep up longer than a year. They also pay by the visit, not the hour. If you are unfortunate enough to have a 50 mile drive to and from your on call admission, you will make a very low wage per hour by the the time you are done. The LPNs and therapists tend to stay at the job, but the company cannot seem to figure out why they can't retain Registered Nurses. Health insurance is very expensive as well.
Pros
Great co-workers and clinicians!
Cons
Poor work life balance
Much is expected with little reward and appreciation
Home Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 17, 2018
I love the work that I do, however, we are overworked, understaffed, underappreciated. There is no work-life balance. Suggestions and opinions are often overlooked. Leadership (VP and above) does what they want regardless of recommendations and then we have to clean up the mess. It is hard to move forward when you are constantly recreating what is already in place. Instead of staffing appropriately we shift assignments and restructure.
Pros
The organization has great values and puts the patients first
Cons
VP level and above do not listen to their managers are value their expertise.
Productive and very supportive management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2018
A stable company with great management and support at any time of day. They really care about their patients and the best quality of care. LHC has a great group of workers. The hardest part about the job is the detailed documentation and the most enjoyable part of my job is to read the objective progress of clients.
no time for patients. time spent on computer
home health field nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 13, 2018
orientation was overloaded and never completed. management is no where to be found. management is to comply with paper work. management is not concerned with patient care. management is concerned with home to get paper work correct to get paid. paperwork/computer work. 25% of your time is spent on patient care and 75% of time on paper work. nurses, pt, ot are paid by visits. after visit pay and time spent on paper work a typical rn will make about $23.50 hr. it normally takes most rn's 55 hrs to complete a 30 hr patient schedule.
Pros
non
Cons
set up for failure
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana TxSeptember 13, 2018
Everyone in the office is willing to help one another . Family oriented atmosphere. Everyone has made the training and learning process alot easier. I love this job and the people i work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Good benefits and investment opportunities
Loved LHC. very caring and family like atmosphere
State Manager for FL, GA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 10, 2018
Managing all aspects of the agencies I oversaw - patient care, employee productivity and satisfaction with their job, financial success of each agency, compliance with all regs and rules.
I learned a great deal about financial management, changing efficiencies without ever compromising patient care or employee satisfaction and living on the road! Also, learned to speak in front of huge crowds with coonficence!
Great and supportive workplace culture
Hardest part of the job - long hours and constant travel away from home
Most enjoyable part of the job - seeing happy patients and employees! And I truly learned from and grew to really enjoy the travel.!!
Pros
travel and fun social events
Cons
really not many . Maybe, the long hours (but I didn't mind)
Good people
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 7, 2018
My office has a great staff. Top management expectes to much from all disciplines in the field and in the office. I do love my job and the people I work with.
Pros
To much work load
Cons
Decent benefits
I thinki will like working here
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OhioSeptember 6, 2018
Seems like great place to work even if I'm getting $.50 less pet hour. I'm hoping to make up for that as I get more hours and more benefits. The staff seems really great
Pros
Willing to work with my schedule
Cons
Too long orientation, didn't get same starting pay as i was making but am hoping for the benefits to make up for it
Amazing Company
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I will not leave if I don't have to do so...the best company ever. I have been with companies that's nothing like this company. Very respectful and understanding.
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work! You can really tell they care about their employees! I have not been there very long, but I would recommend them to anyone! I look forward to my future with this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LHC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight